Author Topic: Mario Galaxy  (Read 238037 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Super Mario Galaxy
« Reply #900 on: November 25, 2007, 08:25:45 AM »

Originally posted by: pap64
Boy do I have a funny story of frustration for you guys...

I was doing the purple coin challenge in one of the galaxies (the one with the whale, I forget the name of it). After I spent around 15 minutes looking for them I finally get the star, but its on the other side of the stage. So with Bee Mario I make my way through it and arrive at the site. I needed to fly up some clouds in order to reach it. As I reach the nearby clouds the camera gets locked up on a position, making it hard to see what was ahead of me. After some minutes planning my flight Mario loses his flight powers...and falls off the stage and into a black hole.

I had to turn the game off or else something was going to end up broken...

I doubt I'm even going to get all 120 stars, which is sad because Mario 64 will still remain the only game where I felt compelled to do so. Those purple coins are a pain in the butt and not worth the time in some of the levels.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #901 on: November 25, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »

Originally posted by: pap64
Boy do I have a funny story of frustration for you guys...

I was doing the purple coin challenge in one of the galaxies (the one with the whale, I forget the name of it). After I spent around 15 minutes looking for them I finally get the star, but its on the other side of the stage. So with Bee Mario I make my way through it and arrive at the site. I needed to fly up some clouds in order to reach it. As I reach the nearby clouds the camera gets locked up on a position, making it hard to see what was ahead of me. After some minutes planning my flight Mario loses his flight powers...and falls off the stage and into a black hole.

I had to turn the game off or else something was going to end up broken...

I did the same thing.  Then I want back and kicked that level's a$$

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Super Mario Galaxy
« Reply #902 on: November 25, 2007, 01:04:51 PM »

Those purple coins are a pain in the butt and not worth the time in some of the levels.

I haven't done all the purple coin levels but so far they are lots of fun to me =)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 25, 2007, 01:12:15 PM »
How hard is it to find all 3 green power stars? I found the 1st one by accident in the 3rd Galaxy with the water planet where you had to wall jump waterfalls.
Are the other 2 in the to previous galaxies or should I just play on and not worry about them?
I haven't let any star go un captured if I know about it, up to this point, so I would like to take care of any stars I might have missed before moving on.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #904 on: November 25, 2007, 01:29:02 PM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1
How hard is it to find all 3 green power stars? I found the 1st one by accident in the 3rd Galaxy with the water planet where you had to wall jump waterfalls.
Are the other 2 in the to previous galaxies or should I just play on and not worry about them?
I haven't let any star go un captured if I know about it, up to this point, so I would like to take care of any stars I might have missed before moving on.

At one point in the game Luigi finds a green star for you. As for the rest, I have no idea how they appear.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 25, 2007, 01:54:53 PM »

Originally posted by: Mashiro

Those purple coins are a pain in the butt and not worth the time in some of the levels.

I haven't done all the purple coin levels but so far they are lots of fun to me =)

I hate timed stages, plain and simple. The purple coins by themselves wouldn't be too bad, but to also time you pushes past my lame o meter.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 25, 2007, 03:11:57 PM »
I'm at ninety stars right now.  I won't be playing it for the next few weeks, cuz of school, but man. . . this game is incredible.  And even more incredible, I can tell it's going to be a game I play again and again and again, it's so diverse and enthralling.  I'll talk more about it later sometime, but for now, it's fantastic.
And I love the purple coin levels, although they're painfully intense sometimes.  Like the Luigi level in the Toy World.  Ho.  Ly.  Crap.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 25, 2007, 03:47:57 PM »
Finished it with all 120 stars this past weekend. Miyamoto has done it again.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 25, 2007, 05:29:52 PM »
Holy damn Smash.. you're a monster.

Also, Freezflame Galaxy is quite possibly the most beautiful thing I've seen in a videogame.. ever.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Kenology

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 26, 2007, 02:21:49 AM »
I beat the game completely, 200% yesterday (100% + 100%) with every possible star you can have (121 with Mario and 121 with Luigi) nabbed.  I feel I've passed my hardcore test... I still got it!  What a masterfully crafted game.
Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 26, 2007, 03:50:42 AM »
My copy did get lost. And better still, every single shop imaginable is out of stock.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 26, 2007, 05:15:11 AM »
I stayed up until 6 AM two nights in a row to finish it, heh.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #912 on: November 26, 2007, 05:36:36 AM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
Holy damn Smash.. you're a monster.

I said the exact, same thing. I just beat it with 60 stars and I am slowly making my way through it, yet he finished it! I don't know if I should be proud or angry at him :p .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 26, 2007, 05:55:27 AM »
Like I said, I basically threw the whole weekend at it.

And on the subject of massive spoilers...

Did anyone pick up on the fact that Rosalina is Peach's mother? The Mario Galaxy artbook confirms it, but the hints are pretty solid throughout the game, as well as the fact that Peach's letter at the beginning of the game said, "I have something to show you" and she was holding a Lumas on the balcony when Mario arrived.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 26, 2007, 07:52:29 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
massive spoilers...

I got the feeling that they were related.  In what way does the artbook confirm that?  

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #915 on: November 26, 2007, 08:25:28 AM »
I admit I know about that through hearsay, but the storybook itself makes it pretty obvious.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 26, 2007, 08:37:30 AM »
They aren't related.  They look similar because they were originally suppose to be related.  In the Collectors Guide Book they mention that at the end in the Art section.  They where originally suppose to be related but they felt that it wasn't needed and I agree.  
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 26, 2007, 08:49:05 AM »
They said they took it out? Odd, they left the storybook and all its inferences in, like when the girl looked at her mother who looked EXACTLY like Rosalina.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 26, 2007, 01:19:48 PM »
Well they are from completely different planets and Rosalina was still a little girl when she left her planet to join the Luma's.  When exactly was she supposed to bear a child that for some reason would become a princess even though Rosalina was not a queen?
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 26, 2007, 03:22:39 PM »
Actually it is strongly implied that her planet of origin is in fact the same one as the Mushroom Kingdom. Consider both the fact that she says that she makes it a point to return to her planet every hundred years and the intro says that the comet passes by the Mushroom Kingdom every hundred years as well. I also believe that a hill with a tree on it is in the courtyard of Peach's castle and they may in fact be the hill referred to in Rosalina's story.

As far as her being Peach's mom I think it still works within the framework of the game's story. She seems to be a cosmic entity now seeing as how she has lived for hundreds of years, probably an effect of eating star bits, and as such she might have just created Peach and shot her off towards the Mushroom Kingdom.

The only question I have regarding the game's story is where did Bowser get the technology, specificly the UFO as well as the general ability of space travel. I  thought that after beating Bowser the first time that a bigger enemy would reveal themselves to be the true badguy.I was also kind of shocked that the star road did not come into the story at all, seeing as how it would have fit perfectly.

By the way, I was kind of saddened by the fact that Red Star Mario changes into a black and red costume when I feel that the cape would have been much more fitting.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 26, 2007, 03:32:26 PM »
Can't believe you guys are trying to think of a Mario game's story logically.

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 26, 2007, 03:37:14 PM »
Me either, but I just cannot help myself.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 26, 2007, 07:32:40 PM »
Local news KTLA had a segment on holiday game releases, and they showed Mario 128 footage for Mario Galaxy. I thought it was funny.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 27, 2007, 04:46:04 AM »

Originally posted by: anubis6789
The only question I have regarding the game's story is where did Bowser get the technology, specificly the UFO as well as the general ability of space travel.

Now that's going to bother me forever.  Thanks a heap.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 27, 2007, 05:09:18 AM »

Originally posted by: PartyBear

Originally posted by: anubis6789
The only question I have regarding the game's story is where did Bowser get the technology, specificly the UFO as well as the general ability of space travel.

Now that's going to bother me forever.  Thanks a heap.

Actually I was kind of disappointed we never seen the UFO again, I was quite certain it would come into play again but it didn't