Author Topic: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Also Available on Wii U eShop As 16GB Download  (Read 5869 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Also Available on Wii U eShop As 16GB Download
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »
Considering how large the HDD's can be, I would be surprised if it was only FAT32.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
"but is there a way to format half the HD so it can also be used for the Wii U?"  Yes, there's free tools on the net but Nintendo hasn't stated what format you'll need.  The PS3/Xbox has their own formatting tools installed for their internal Drives and Nintendo mgiht have it's own for it's USB?

TT2 for the 360 is an 8GB install but the PS3 versions is 17GB (like the WIIU) so I'm guessing it's uncompressed textures/audio that makes the difference?

So are the PS3 and Wii U version's of Tekken Tag Tournament Two going to look and sound much better because they aren't compressed?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 03:40:50 PM »
"but is there a way to format half the HD so it can also be used for the Wii U?"  Yes, there's free tools on the net but Nintendo hasn't stated what format you'll need.  The PS3/Xbox has their own formatting tools installed for their internal Drives and Nintendo mgiht have it's own for it's USB?

TT2 for the 360 is an 8GB install but the PS3 versions is 17GB (like the WIIU) so I'm guessing it's uncompressed textures/audio that makes the difference?

So are the PS3 and Wii U version's of Tekken Tag Tournament Two going to look and sound much better because they aren't compressed?
Hopefully sound better.  They'll probably run smoother video wise because they won't have to decompress.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »
They will still be compressed (otherwise the games would be well over 50GB), larger discs just means they won't need to be compressed as much. As for whether the PS3 and Wii U versions look/sound better, it depends on the effort put in by the developer.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 11:49:35 PM »
I was under the impression that FAT32 could only hold files at 4GB a file...  Am I incorrect in thinking this?
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 11:56:16 PM »
4GB/file, but 16TB/partition, so whether that's a problem depends on how Nintendo stores the downloads -- full disc images, or broken into files.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »
Not to mention but after read and watching the information on the storage, the drives need to be formatted in a Wii U specific format, so it probally isn't FAT or NTFS but a custom file system to help speed up transmission.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:34:04 PM by BlkPaladin »
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.