Author Topic: RUMORS: Wii to be $149 on October 2nd?  (Read 13204 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE:RUMORS: Wii to be $149 on October 2nd?
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »
Karion:  That is true that bundling in an extra controller would be very cool...but I hope Nintendo has gotten the price of the controller less than $50.00.

I expect the controller is probably going to be expensive, but $50.00 is alittle excessive, and will mean that gathering 4 Wiimotes will take a much longer time than I had hoped.  Personally, I like to buy my controllers when I buy the system or at least when I own a game that needs all 4 right away.  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: RUMORS: Wii to be $149 on October 2nd?
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 12:17:56 PM »
360 wireless controllers are $50 apiece. Howabout two remotes, two nunchukas, and a shell controller for $199?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 12:56:35 PM »
Xbox 360 controller are way overpriced.  The wireless one especially, it's not worth it.  Usually I'm all for wireless, I love my Wavebird to death, but the wireless 360 controller is a total ripoff.  It's $50, and you only get like 40 hours out of it (which is like half the wavebird).  The Charge and Play cable is a good idea, but it costs an extra 20 bux, and then your controller is wired for a while anyway....$70 for a generic controller with bad wireless battery life?  No thanks.  Plus the cable on the wired one is pretty long anyway.

Anywho, I love the idea of packaging in two controllers, and I think that's what's going to happen.  They need it if they're going to come out with two-remote games (at least anywhere near launch).  Plus, a big focus is on multiplayer, especially the Wii Sports titles, and if they want it to be completely accesible out of the box, then they neeed two controllers.

Plus, Wii has two i's.  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 02:31:12 PM »
And Wii Tennis would be somewhat lame playing solo.  Recall Miyamoto vs. Spielberg -- you want FUN.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mario323

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2006, 12:20:31 PM »
I wouldn't mind paying for a $200 package if it came with 2 Wii-motes, or one Wii-mote and a Retro controller.  I'm afraid that if its really gonna be $150, then they are just gonna have the system, Wii Sports, and one Wii-mote.  I would like to have 2 Wii-motes, or 1 Wii-mote and a Retro controller.  

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2006, 02:06:09 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario323
I'm afraid that if its really gonna be $150, then they are just gonna have the system, Wii Sports, and one Wii-mote.

If it's going to be $150, I kind of doubt they are going to include Wii Sports with it.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline sycomonkey

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2006, 09:12:48 PM »
Until we have a real pricepoint and date, I'm going on the assumption of $249.99 on Black Friday, though I am hoping it's only $199. $149 is ridiculous, there's no way Nintendo would feel the need to do that against $299 and $399 consoles, especially after E3 proved there's interest in the product allready.
I find the lack of sig images annoying. I have this nice image I use as my sig in all my other forums and I can't use it here.  So instead I'll just complain...

The universe will not be altered by forum threads, even those which are very wry. --Tycho Brahe (Penny Arcade)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 09:25:21 PM »

Originally posted by: sycomonkey
Until we have a real pricepoint and date, I'm going on the assumption of $249.99 on Black Friday, though I am hoping it's only $199. $149 is ridiculous, there's no way Nintendo would feel the need to do that against $399 and $599 consoles, especially after E3 proved there's interest in the product allready.
fixed, I hear core 360's are a little rare, and I don't expect Sony to release very many(if any at all) of the "under-privledged" PS3's