• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
iPod
« on: December 25, 2006, 05:09:07 PM »
Pros: looks cool
Cons: doesn't play music

Final score: 0/10
-Looks cool, but without the ability to play music it really loses a lot of its value

also doesn't update podcasts correctly, white earbuds with black ipod?, iTunes sucks HARD  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE: iPod
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 05:21:43 PM »
...Huh?

I'm guessing that you are bitter because you got a defective iPod for Christmas.

Either that or you are trolling. I've had my Shuffle for a year now and it works fine. Even when it begins to act up they patch it up real quick.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:iPod
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 05:59:22 PM »
So then is the Zune better than a black ipod after this review?
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 03:50:20 AM »
I want a Zune.  I sort of want a Zune because it's not an iPod.  Which success has made my administrative job ever so harder and I don't like being a totally trendy yeppy... and I hate the navigation in the iTune store the little I used it... Let me search in a category dang it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »
I just snatched the last black zune in my local best buy (its much more popular than white or brown surprise surpise) and it works pretty well and the software while it is a little slow installing since it has to update itself during installation it works well and the drag and drop interface for adding stuff to your zune is a good idea to make the software idiot proof. And the zune itself while its bulkier than a Ipod (needs a wireless NIC, FM tuner, bigger screen assembly, and the antennas for the FM tuner and WiFi) Zune does not attract any fingerprints(except the screen) and the system itself seems sturdy and very durable. I would recommend it if you were looking for an Ipod alternative.  
The only problem with the Zune software is right now its XP only.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 01:25:02 AM »
Poor KN, use your broke ipod and attack people through town.

I want zune, but not sure.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 05:42:26 AM »
I didn't like the Brown Zune until I saw it in person.  Once I saw that it had that cool green dual tone to it I sort of fell in love with it.  Though I'm moving and won't have internet.

I'll get a Zune when these things happen for sure:

1)  Price is Cheaper then the comparable iPod; I'm sorry the Zune is new and the iPod is established it should have come in at least $50 less
2)  The Zune is Cheaper then a Wii
3)  My Cartoons are sold on the Zune Marketplace
4)  All the XBox content goes to the Zune store
5)  In fact let me use my Zune stuff on a 360
5a) Received a 360
6)  Guarantee I will never have to re-buy anything.  (Computers die on me a lot.)
7)  Sell HD Content on the Zune store
8)   The Zune Screen goes to VGA resolution instead of QVGA (PDA has VGA it's nice just a little smaller screen)

If that list completely happened I so have a Zune.  In all actuality I'm waiting for more content on the store. (aka TV Shows and Movies.)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 06:23:19 AM »
I refuse to purchase another mp3 player until hard drives are completely replaced by flash memory.  Once I can get a 20+ gig flash memory mp3 player I'll easily drop another $200-$300 for one.  (That'll be in what, two years?)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 07:44:59 AM »
I want a Zune because I happen to love the color brown ("lol but that's the same color as sh*t lol," you say. Yeah, it's also the color of Hershey bars. Shut up.)

But there's really no good reason to get one over an ipod right now, so I'll have to do without.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 08:08:54 AM »
Yep, We're in the same boat and I couldn't justify getting an iPod... didn't try to hard either but thats beside the point.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 03:22:31 AM »
I just hate how apple is taking the lazy approach of just cosmetically upgrade each new generation of Ipods.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 03:30:54 AM »
Oh hey, everything tunrned out sweet.  

I give it 7.5/10

Still too many annoyances to give it a perfect score, the biggest one being iTunes and all the frustration that comes with that.  It's also expensive, and it doesn't look all that durable.  I'm not sure if I like the scroll wheel or not.

On the plus side, I love its podcasting capabilities (the only redeeming factor about iTunes is its podcasting section).  The Zune honestly doesn't look all that bad, and seeing as how I own both a windows PC and a 360, it seems like a logical choice.  But it's been getting a ton of bad press, it looks kinda meh, and it's not so hawt for podcasts.  I'm happy with my iPod

Also why isn't there an mp3 playing with a touchscreen, it'd make navigating the menus a helluva lot easier.  I'd pay the extra cost necessary to be able to browse through my music with ease.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 11:50:43 AM »
I got the Zen Vision M and I love it!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 09:22:26 AM »
I use iTunes all the time and I've been through a ton of music programs before deciding on it. What are your issues with it?

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 01:45:33 PM »
I was going to ask the same question. Is it a pietriot thing? Like how scientologists hate psychiatry?
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 06:03:49 AM »
Norway considering banning iTunes due to DRM

In a way it is about time something like this happened.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 06:22:09 AM »
More specifically because Apple doesn't allow other vendors (both of downloadable music and portable players) to use the format.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 05:11:05 PM »
The problem with flash memory is the limited (although still insanely high) number of times you can rewrite before it craps out. I guess this goes for "arm" hard drives as well, and a host of other potential problems. I've got a 20GB iPod that I use in my car (Dension ICE Link adpater, not some bullshit FM transmitter or a tape/RCA adapter), and it sounds awesome. I'll get a Zune when...it's a lot cheaper, and when there's an in-dash car DVD player with USB Zune support. That would be awesome.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 09:09:13 AM »
That would be awesome.  I actually pick up a Zune at the current price as soon as they sell Lossless Audio on the Zune Marketplace and it be able to play it.  I like high quality audio.  

Offline Mysticspike

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 10:48:12 AM »
this explains the term knowsnothing. jk you already screamed at me once long time ago i dont want to fan the flame
Someday, I will make my own Fantasy Factory to make all of my lifelong dreams come true...

Banana Productions<- Check out my Youtube channel.