Author Topic: "The standing here's getting more intense."  (Read 2232 times)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
"The standing here's getting more intense."
« on: November 20, 2006, 02:22:07 PM »
lol guy behind me on cell phone

any other hilarious quotes over heard while waiting for wii?  no?  awwwwwww

the kid-who-said-that's dad also came by and yelled at everyone for standing in line for a videogame thing.  hilarity.  he then attempted to auction off his coffee.  "Anyone want this coffee?  It's FIFTY DOLLARS.  You'll never have a coffee like this ever again.  Start lining up here."

lol

coincidently I also saw that same kid at just about every other store I went to.  we were failure friends.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: "The standing here's getting more intense."
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 02:35:17 PM »
I'd have to say the funniest thing I heard:

"No honey I'm with the guys watching the game [what game is at midnight?], so I'll be back later tonight"

LIAR
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 02:37:10 PM »
this guy in line the type of gamer that knows a lot about stuff/ kinda overtly talkative/slightly annoying yet was a helpful target employee waiting in line, we were playing some 50 games-in-1 DS multiplayer game like drawing boxes or whatever with a few other people and it has built in pictochat. i was writing random borat stuff like "hand relief" and the guy reads it and blurts it out quite loudly, in the dead of night: "HAND RELIEF???" i was lmao
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 02:39:03 PM »
oh yeah, since BB opened an hour later than like everywhere else a bunch of people tried to sell their tickets to us.  highest was $500, lowest was $300.  ahahahaha it wasn't even worth a try guys
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:"The standing here's getting more intense."
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 03:15:46 PM »

Originally posted by: SgtShiversBen
[what game is at midnight?]
Cock fights.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 03:30:52 PM »
This guy drive up to the line at Toys R Us saying, "I've got the Wii for some reason," while holding a box for Zelda:TP. He really tried to sell us one. I couldn't believe it.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 04:52:26 AM »
One guy bought the second place in line for just $200!  The person who sold it to him was planning to resell on Ebay, so I guess she figured it was just less hassle.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX