Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess  (Read 51258 times)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« on: August 28, 2006, 10:56:55 AM »
If you want to talk about Twilight Princess with Wii controls, do so here.  If you want to talk about TP with GameCube controls, do so in the GameCube section.

YOU CANNOT POST IN BOTH THREADS.  This thread does not support posting about the GC version.  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:02:36 AM »
Can Link commit Seppuku using the Wii Remote?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 11:07:45 AM »
He might if that silly debate spreads in here, too.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 11:57:07 AM »
It would take too long, unless you're just starting the game out, it would take like 30 stabs.  I honestly hope enemies cause a little more damage in this game than the last few.  I don't mind easy games, but I do want to feel challenged now and then.  (Look guys I'm leaving that horrible last sentence WIDE OPEN for you).
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 03:42:49 PM »
So, widescreen. How's that gonna work? Do I get to see more of Hyrule? Is Link going to stretched and out of proportion? Widescreen is the reason I'm getting the Wii version.

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 03:47:38 PM »
From what we played at E3 widescreen means you get to see more horizontally while maintaining the same distance vertically. For people with 4:3 televisions (most of us) this will mean two black bars on the top and bottom of the screen, which will make the size of the image slightly smaller. However, I have to say that widescreen modes in Perfect Dark and RE4 both aided gameplay, so I look forward to this feature.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 04:40:58 PM »
It deson't necessarily mean black bars.  Thecy could easily have both modes there depending on how important the extral real estate is.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 05:18:03 PM »
So you think they're willing to make the widescreen mode optional, huh? Interesting...
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline trip1eX

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 05:38:31 PM »
If you're that worried about the Wii controls then buy the Gamecube version and quit whining.  

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 07:26:58 PM »
PAL gamers get widescreen on the GameCube version by default.

Zelda: Sega Bass Fishing will be pretty fun I guess!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 07:29:11 PM »
Twilight Princess for Wii should have both control options. Or at the very least allow the classic controller to be used in the Gamecube controller's place.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 09:35:45 PM »
In regards to people complaining about having too much health: no one is forcing you to collect any hearts in the game.  Far as I know, you can go through any of the games with only three hearts.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 09:49:29 PM »
I thought they dropped the heart / health system in Wind Waker? I didn't notice it.

lol cuz its so easy get it

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
RE:The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 10:02:06 PM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
YOU CANNOT POST IN BOTH THREADS.

What if I go through the trouble and cost of registering a second account for the other thread?
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 10:13:09 PM »
Nobody is stopping you from purchasing both accounts.  I realize the old thread has thousands of posts in it and may be more confortable to some, as opposed to this new, undeveloped thread.  Posting in this new thread requires you to put faith in the future of this sub-forum.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 04:29:48 AM »
All I'm saying is every wide screen game I've EVER played has a full screen mode.  What is essentially zooming in requires a heck of a lot less work than supporting two control schemes.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 05:46:58 AM »
Yeah, I think Nintendo is giving people the option with the Wii version to have alittle more screen showing if you have the television to do it.  Think about it.  They already have a full-screen version of the game with the Gamecube version...it shouldn't be hard to have two options.

The control issue, I completely understand wanting both in each system.  However, Nintendo wants people to play the game with the Wii controls.  They want you to experience this game in a brand new and wonderful way.  People are afraid of change, and how change could possible make the game less enjoyable than the traditional play.

You know what I say to that.  GET OVER IT.  Seriously, I have played 2 fantastic 3D Zelda's with traditional controls already.  I am ready to move on to the next great experience.  The Twillight Princess with Wii controls should be absolutely amazing.  Nintendo is daily working and tweaking the control to perfect, and the game has had an amazing long development time, it should be truly epic experience.  I want to experience that epic in a brand new way personally.

Offline Hocotate

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 05:57:51 AM »
I'm more excited to play this with the Wii controls, But I'm going to buy both versions :p even if you could just use the GC controller on the Wii version I would still get it for GCN as well. I hope they have different box art, that would make me want both even more.
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 07:42:43 AM »
"Seriously, I have played 2 fantastic 3D Zelda's with traditional controls already."

Only two?  Which of the three are you excluding?

I still havn't got my non-cartoony 3D Zelda without blocky graphics.  I think it would be nice to get that before they rehaul everything.  Plus they've teased us since the Spaceworld 2000 video so to deny us that now after six years of dicking us around is pretty unacceptable.  I'll only tolerate so many bait and switches.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 08:33:26 AM »
Except you are still getting the game you want Ian.

Again.  Everyone forgets you can CHOOSE!
---------------------

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 08:37:04 AM »

The control issue, I completely understand wanting both in each system. However, Nintendo wants people to play the game with the Wii controls. They want you to experience this game in a brand new and wonderful way. People are afraid of change, and how change could possible make the game less enjoyable than the traditional play.

I would've rather played Twilight Princess last year then waited next year or 2008 to experience Zelda "in a brand new and wonderful way."  Since I can't, I hate how I'm being forced to choose. Why can't we have multiple control options? I have yet to hear a sound reason of this. People say they want to experience Zelda in a new way or they want Nintendo to have faith in the Wii controls. I say the fact that Nintendo even integrated a Wii control option into a game built around traditional controls takes care of both of those reasons.

Personally, I think there should be 1 version, on Wii with multiple control options. A Gamecube version might make more sense due to backwards compatibility. I'm a Gamecube owner since launch and I do feel a bit screwed, but I haven't bought a new game in months, mostly because there hasn't been anything worth buying. Zelda at the very end of the life cycle, a game we should've had 3 years ago instead of Wind Waker (I'll spare you the anti-WW rant), won't change that. However, a sole Wii version will help establish the console more. I never understood the purpose of a simultaneous release. It's not really a reward for those who stuck with Gamecube since most of them are getting or planning to get Wii anyway.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 09:10:52 AM »
I'm getting both versions at launch.

Essentially, one is the "definitive" version, forcing the other to be the "collectible."  I haven't decided which game fits which description yet.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 09:48:57 AM »
"Except you are still getting the game you want Ian."

Yeah I am, and I'm grateful for that.  I'm just responding to that line of thought that we've had our fill of the old way and it's time to move on.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 03:29:36 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
I'll only tolerate so many bait and switches.

Does it still count as a bait and switch when the product that is foisted on you is 5000 times more interesting than the bait?

Seriously, I thought the SW2000 demo was incredibly bland and captured nothing that I liked about the series.

What's worse is that the outrage that followed the change of direction is probably partly to blame for Nintendo waiting to show off games for as long as humanly possible these days.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 05:53:32 PM »
The one thing that caught my eye about the Spaceworld 2000 demo was that Link throws away his shield. Being able to block every attack in the game except Gannondorf's projectiles made the fight system seem shallow and boring. It was fine in 1998, but there wasn't much progression by 2003 with Wind Waker.