Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS  (Read 40488 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS
« on: June 07, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »

Update on 9/13/11

Nintendo revealed some more details, they reconfirmed that you can be be the mayor of the town,a long with revealing an interesting map showing the new AC world. I do see a cave on the right hand side, maybe that means there will be a cave to explore. Regardless looks like a more complete world then previous games. Honestly I can't wait to see more, it looks like Nintendo may actually be taking it seriously and spending some time on development with some fresh things to do.

Updated 1/19:

Looks like the game may possibly have DLC support.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/japan-animal-crossing-3ds-will-receive-dlc-down-line
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:23:46 AM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing 3DS
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 04:59:59 PM »
The swimming aspect is a bit strange, but it's nice to see that they are adding some more features to the game.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »
I think the game looks great and I've been dieing to play some new Animal Crossing but I've been fighting the urge till this releases.  I'm just scared that it might turn out to be more of the same with very little changes.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 04:11:01 AM »
I think the game looks great and I've been dieing to play some new Animal Crossing but I've been fighting the urge till this releases.  I'm just scared that it might turn out to be more of the same with very little changes.

Yeah a very real possibility. Looking at the video it does have a few new things, but who knows? Hopefully if it is only a minor upgrade it will be more budget priced.

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 07:38:12 AM »
Sadly I can't see Nintendo throwing it out there as a budget price . :(     Although at least we have seen a few simple things have changed.   The swimming for one.  The water being on the west side also. (I haven't played City Folk yet, so not sure if beaches could be on the east or west there)   The hanging items on the wall.  NPC's following the player.   It's not much but it gives me hope.  Nintendo likes to keep a lot of things secret so, I'm hoping there is even more in the game they are just not going to show it before hand.

*Crosses fingers*   I hope at least. :)

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 03:21:24 PM »
I'm speechless that this game wasn't talked about at the conference.  I thought we'd finally get some more info on this game come june 7th.  Is this game even on the show floor?  I've seen no coverage on it at all outside of the released trailer.  This is leading me to think this won't see a release this year or they're really holding off on info.  Hopefully the NWR staff can gather some info for us.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:23:39 PM by Manny »

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 04:21:46 PM »
It's really weird watching the trailer for the new game and feeling nothing.  I wanted to get excited but I couldn't.  Animal Crossing is one of my all time favorite franchises but if they don't give us something new I just won't be able to play it any more.  That said, I think the online component might be the key.  I'm not sure what exactly I'm expecting, but so far Nintendo seems to be on the right track with 3DS internet connectivity.

Also, it's nice that the 3D screen finally forced them to get the interface right.  When I first imagine Animal Crossing on the DS I rejoiced that I could have the menu constantly displayed on the bottom screen, but instead I got the game on the bottom and the freaking sky on the top.  Glad to see that's changed! 
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 05:59:11 PM »
It's really weird watching the trailer for the new game and feeling nothing.  I wanted to get excited but I couldn't.  Animal Crossing is one of my all time favorite franchises but if they don't give us something new I just won't be able to play it any more.  That said, I think the online component might be the key.  I'm not sure what exactly I'm expecting, but so far Nintendo seems to be on the right track with 3DS internet connectivity.

Also, it's nice that the 3D screen finally forced them to get the interface right.  When I first imagine Animal Crossing on the DS I rejoiced that I could have the menu constantly displayed on the bottom screen, but instead I got the game on the bottom and the freaking sky on the top.  Glad to see that's changed! 

I understand your viewpoint completely, it is kind of how I feel. I loved the previous AC games, but even I am tired of basically the same game with a couple of new features, like a small town, slapped into it. It will have to have something more then that, maybe not completely throwing out the formula/design but taking some decent sized steps to realizing the potential the series has.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 07:24:45 PM »
Has anyone found out if this game is on the show floor?  I think a lot could be done with this one if they utilize spotpass and streetpass.  Alli ask for is nintendo to put in some interactive items like chess boards you can use and some sports to play with the animals and online like tennis or golf.  that's too much to ask though lol.

Offline Pajamas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 08:31:36 PM »
In the trailer, you come out of a tent. Maybe that means you can move to different towns. Maybe with swimming you can hunt for treasure buried at sea, perhaps?

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-2317

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 08:32:51 PM »
In the trailer, you come out of a tent. Maybe that means you can move to different towns. Maybe with swimming you can hunt for treasure buried at sea, perhaps?

I wasn't sure if that was yours or a traveling shop of some kind. Hope it is a tent, that could be really neat!

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 10:19:52 PM »
Well it seems that there is a mailbox outside the tent so I think that could be your starter home which would be sweet. I can already see me creating my own hobo attire to complement the tent in the woods lifestyle lol.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »
Some notes on the trailer:

-New musical theme.  Good omen!

-Tent has a mailbox, indicating that it can be a permanent home.  It will most likely be your starting house, but there's potential for different types of houses or perhaps greater control over your house location.

-Obviously you now have control over you shoes and pants.  Woo!

-Villagers can now follow you around.  Potential for stalkers and/or sexual predators.

-There appears to be a bee house surrounded by flowers.  That seems to indicate better control over hybridizing flowers or defending your borders with an army of bees.

-The lamp posts in the winter scene seem to be placed haphazardly, as if they were placed by the user.  Perhaps when you become mayor you will have control over such things.  Hopefully they also include forced relocation of villagers.

-Swimming and diving, duh.  Ability to drown stalkers and/or sexual predators likely.

-Beaches can now exist on the east/west of your town instead of just the south.

-The dock is long and has tires on its side, indicating that thar be BOATS.  It's most likely just the next version of the train from the original (or the taxi, or the bus), but I really hope it's something more.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 06:14:04 AM »
Some notes on the trailer:

-New musical theme.  Good omen!

-Tent has a mailbox, indicating that it can be a permanent home.  It will most likely be your starting house, but there's potential for different types of houses or perhaps greater control over your house location.

-Obviously you now have control over you shoes and pants.  Woo!

-Villagers can now follow you around.  Potential for stalkers and/or sexual predators.

-There appears to be a bee house surrounded by flowers.  That seems to indicate better control over hybridizing flowers or defending your borders with an army of bees.

-The lamp posts in the winter scene seem to be placed haphazardly, as if they were placed by the user.  Perhaps when you become mayor you will have control over such things.  Hopefully they also include forced relocation of villagers.

-Swimming and diving, duh.  Ability to drown stalkers and/or sexual predators likely.

-Beaches can now exist on the east/west of your town instead of just the south.

-The dock is long and has tires on its side, indicating that thar be BOATS.  It's most likely just the next version of the train from the original (or the taxi, or the bus), but I really hope it's something more.

Nice observations. Really though, who am I kidding, I will likely get this no matter what, just for the community aspect!

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 07:47:17 AM »
Nice observations. Really though, who am I kidding, I will likely get this no matter what, just for the community aspect!

I will second that on both the nice observations and will probably get it no matter what I say before hand.   

Offline mr_lakitu

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • mfgamers
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 11:49:26 AM »
The trailer isn't in the Euro eShop -_- Is it online anywhere?...

Yes
Bread makes you fat? 0,0

Offline Nintendad

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 11:23:15 AM »
My first impressions from watching the trailer was "meh", more of the same. The GCN game was my favorite game for that console because it was all so new. I wish I could see the amount of time I put into that game.

I quickly bought the DS version when it released and quickly grew tired of it because it was just more of the same.

I also bought the Wii version when it released, and again, felt it was just too similar to the others.

I'll probably buy the 3DS version when it releases but I expect I'll get that been there, done that feeling while playing. We've already collected all the fossils, caught all the fish, and collected all the bugs. Please put something else in there! And please shakeup the clothes/furniture sets. I don't want to find an MVP shirt and collect the Kiddie set of furniture for the 4th time.

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 12:36:43 PM »
Perhaps the addition of swimming in the ocean will reveal fish residents.

...which means no more fishing.

...though catching frogs never bothered the anthropomorphic ones.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »
I was talking to a friend the other day and we both agreed that Animal Crossing needs Minecraft and Minecraft needs Animal Crossing.

What I mean is, the Animal Crossing enviroment needs to get bigger, and you need to be able to change it more.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »
I was talking to a friend the other day and we both agreed that Animal Crossing needs Minecraft and Minecraft needs Animal Crossing.

What I mean is, the Animal Crossing enviroment needs to get bigger, and you need to be able to change it more.

Definately. Animal Crossing, like I said it before is still a very unique series that has yet to reach its potential. I hope Nintendo takes this one a bit more seriously and implements some major new additions to fresh it up.

Offline rad.i.kal

• View Profile
    • Scribble People
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 09:32:11 PM »
i was dumb and sold my ds version thinking we would see the 3ds version summer 2011, IE now.

Now i am sad and this game looks great, i was thinking that maybe you can dive for star fish and shells instead of it washing up

also thinking that the tent is maybe where you stay when you visit a land? This console has more power for sure than ds and maybe even than wii in some ways. So why wouldn't it support certain things like that, you can do video chat in star fox and maybe 8 person races in mario kart, some new online features in AC seem likely.

Offline Mataata

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page!
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 09:18:43 PM »
I'm pretty psyched for a new Animal Crossing adventure. After a close look at the trailer, I've noticed that there seems to be bushes and other new plants as well as ornaments for the outside, such as benches, lamps, etc. This could mean for parks, stages, meeting areas, etc.

I've got good feelings for this game, and really hope Nintendo nails this one as much as they did Wild World. Darn, was that a good game!

The trailer isn't in the Euro eShop -_- Is it online anywhere?...

Yes

Here ya go: http://e3.nintendo.com/games/detail/#/3ds/animalcrossing
I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 08:16:59 AM »
Well at the conference Nintendo revealed a map of the game (which I have posted), looks like there is a cave, hope that means you can explore it. Not to mention there appears to be various locations in the water you can visit as well.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 03:51:42 PM »
I don't think that's a cave.  If you look closely, you'll see a train passing by, I think that cave is a tunnel entrance for the train to come and go.  On the other side, the train goes over the bridge.  I'm loving the town image though, it leads me to think the town will be much bigger this time out.  You can even see a little house by the beach with a dock, an island to go to and various other small objects in the water.  As for the town, there seems to be a commercial district and all the way at the top I would assume would be the town hall and museum. 

One thing that has me wondering though is, given this image of the town was released, is everyone going to have a set village as apposed to a randomly created one.  Given that we have freedom to affect and change the village to our liking, I wonder if they are placing everyone with the same starting layout and its up to us to change it and make it unique.  All this has me even more interested and excited for this release now.  It seems like they are finally expanding on the AC concept even if it's not to the extent that I would like (add  some damn sports competitions like tennis and golf to the game, along with board games and interactive items, that would complete this game for me)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »
I don't think that's a cave.  If you look closely, you'll see a train passing by, I think that cave is a tunnel entrance for the train to come and go.  On the other side, the train goes over the bridge.  I'm loving the town image though, it leads me to think the town will be much bigger this time out.  You can even see a little house by the beach with a dock, an island to go to and various other small objects in the water.  As for the town, there seems to be a commercial district and all the way at the top I would assume would be the town hall and museum. 

One thing that has me wondering though is, given this image of the town was released, is everyone going to have a set village as apposed to a randomly created one.  Given that we have freedom to affect and change the village to our liking, I wonder if they are placing everyone with the same starting layout and its up to us to change it and make it unique.  All this has me even more interested and excited for this release now.  It seems like they are finally expanding on the AC concept even if it's not to the extent that I would like (add  some damn sports competitions like tennis and golf to the game, along with board games and interactive items, that would complete this game for me)

The cave I was referring to is on the far right side of the photo, it is a cave that appears to be accessed through the water.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 09:54:39 PM »
Wow, looks like you have the eagle eye lol, I didn't catch on that detail.  I do hope that this picture is a full indication of what to expect from the in game village because there seems to be allot going on there.  Its funny though how such a small picture of a hand drawn village can fill me with so much joy and excitement lol.  I tell you, only Nintendo could pull that kind of magic. 

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 03:52:41 PM »
A cave or network of them to explore would be quite interesting.   I'm hoping for a good amount of small expansions of that sort.  New places to go and explore.  Perhaps gather things to sell.   Cave mushrooms would make a great item to sell at Nooks.   The concept art map is quite interesting.   Makes me hopeful. :)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 04:42:26 AM »
God, I hope they add stuff. I can't believe I bought this entire series :/ It really hasn't changed enough :( So much potential lost.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 01:13:33 PM »
Did you guys check this new detail?  It looks like you can apply patterns to couch pillows.  In one scene a girl has two of the same couch, but one of them had heart pillows that match her shirt.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 01:33:47 AM »
Thats a good eye you got there to pick that up.  Do you have a link or a screenshot of the part in  question.  As for this release of AC, I'm really looking foward to it.  It looks like they might actually have added a lot to this version.  There seems to be a lot more customization and not just on your house, but the town itself.  I wish this would release in time for the holidays but it's not looking likely. 

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 06:05:29 AM »
I believe this is the scene Tannookisuit was referring to.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVY7O-FK0DQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=55s

It does look like the exact same sofa.  I believe the cabin set, but hearts instead of the normal pillows.  That's a good catch, I hadn't noticed it.

Animal Crossing 3DS
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 12:37:05 AM »
What do you think are the things in Animal Crossing 3ds that  u like?

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2011, 02:05:06 AM »
I like catching Sea Bass.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 08:41:21 AM »
FYI, there's already a thread for AC3d by the exact same title.  I would carry your conversation to the other one before this one is closed.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 04:10:24 PM »
New details have surfaced. To begin you are the mayor of the city, and the game offers a ton more customization, right down to being able to customize your furniture.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1213883p1.html

Finally, it looks like the series is finally evolving more then a couple of steps, especially in what makes the game so much fun, the item and world side of things.

FYI, there's already a thread for AC3d by the exact same title.  I would carry your conversation to the other one before this one is closed.

Considering I created this thread back around E3 and the other was created several months after, I think it is safe.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:12:48 PM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 07:52:38 PM »
The Developer talk got me excited when I watched it a few days ago. I'm really hoping this game turns out great since I was disappointed in City Folk. It looks like it will have a lot of good inclusions and fun tasks. Animal Crossing is much better suited for a handheld system in my opinion so I hope this one will be superior than City Folk. Good Lord, K.K. Slider in 3D... My heart is going to Explode!!
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 08:32:54 PM »
Looking forward to playing it with some of you guys!

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 01:43:09 AM »
I'm really letting myself get too excited for this game.  I spent so much time in Wild World, really been itching to have more portable Animal Crossing.   I like the ideas of customization with street lights and such.  I wonder just how much choice and options we will have with them.

It also kinda gives me hope that maybe there are some other changes that haven't been revealed yet too.  With the whole community thing they are putting into Mario Kart, that might make an interesting addition to Animal Crossing.  Just really looking forward to having this on my 3DS.

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2011, 10:57:12 AM »
The Developer talk got me excited when I watched it a few days ago. I'm really hoping this game turns out great since I was disappointed in City Folk. It looks like it will have a lot of good inclusions and fun tasks. Animal Crossing is much better suited for a handheld system in my opinion so I hope this one will be superior than City Folk. Good Lord, K.K. Slider in 3D... My heart is going to Explode!!

My wife and I actually much prefer it on a console.  We like to watch each other play, help each other listen for balloons, see each others reactions to the gifts we sent them.  I can't wait for the 3DS version, but I want a WiiU version more.  Especially since a recent repair wiped my City Folk save file from my system.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 02:32:29 PM »
I'm really letting myself get too excited for this game.  I spent so much time in Wild World, really been itching to have more portable Animal Crossing.   
You?  My excitement has been off the charts lol.  At one point during the summer, the wait for information and a release pushed me so far as try and create my own Animal Crossing demo lol.  I only got so far as to learning and creating a wireframe mesh of the male character in the 3ds version using the free 3d modeling program Blender.  I used the character images released at the time as reference and was at a point where I was going to start texturing it.  I don't really think I would've gone as far as creating a full working Animal Crossing clone but I at least wanted to import my character into a 3d animal crossing styled village created with Blender and 3d Rad (another free game developing software I found). 

But school, work, and life in general put those plans on hold.  I really think there is so much they can do with Animal Crossing that its killing me to see such small improvements with each release.  This one does seem to be pushing the envelope more so than I would've expected but still not as far as I would like.  Hopefully I'll get back to it during the winter break or summer.  If I ever get to the point of getting a working demo up, I'll be sure to post it here and see what  everyone thinks. 

One thing that has me wondering though is that if you play as the mayor of your town, what happens if you have 4 people living in one town?  There can't possibly be 4 mayors in own town.  I hope they allow multiple villages on a single cartridge.  That would be sweet as  it'll bring  back the feature  of visiting other towns through a memory card as in the GC version.  This would allow people to at least visit another town if they don't have internet access to go online. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:22:53 PM by Mannypon »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »
I hope if the game supports DLC like what is being reported on, that it is relevant DLC that ads useful features in the future. DLC is not new to the series though, Animal Crossing: City Folk for Wii had it as well, even if it is was free.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 10:28:32 PM »
Taken from gonintendo. Looks like it will have quite a bit to explore. The game is looking better and better!

- playing as mayor allows you to decorate the village
- add benches or street lamps, among other things
- you'll be accompanied by a secretary
- this character looks like a dog
- seems she's quite clumsy as well
- she'll walk around with a clipboard and point out town areas that look good and bad
- design every aspect of your houses, even the mailbox and fence color
- have furniture redesigned and reupholstered- separate top and bottom outfit designs
- village is now much bigger and has separate sections
- beach area is now bigger and can be accessed by following a path
- swim in the water as well
- cross the railroad tracks and visit what's beyond
- this area offers new shopping spots and a fancy street with model homes
- model homes are empty house designs that are there to inspire your own home decor
- everytime you StreetPass someone, their house will be added to the model home section
- Tom Nook is in charge of the model homes
- villages will also have wishing wells

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »
This game just keeps getting better and better.  One thing that I've been questioning and have asked before on this thread (with no possible answers from my fellow members :( ....) is how is the game going to handle multiple people living in the same town.  If your now able to be the mayor, how is that going to work if 4 people live in the same town?  All of them can't possibly be mayor at the same time.  I wonder if one will be the mayor while the others are residents.  I wonder if the townsfolk can hold elections and vote other players in as mayor if your not doing a good enough job.  Maybe they'll only allow one player to live in the town or allow multiple towns per cart where each person lives and is able to visit similar to back during the Gamecube memory card swapping days.  This would allow people who don't go online to at least visit other towns. 
......so many questions still left unanswered and possibly so close to release.  I'm loving it though, it'll create the wonder of discovery the original had if they keep some aspects to the game hush hush. 

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2012, 09:13:49 PM »
Maybe it will choose the user Mii/Name associated with the 3DS system automatically or in the initial set up that will determine who gets to be mayor or maybe there will only be one player per cartridge this time. Or like you suggested Mannypon multiple towns per cart where it's all contained to its own save slot.

I think a Summer release would work fine it's not too soon and not too late.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 01:37:24 AM »
I am looking forward to the game. I loved the GCN and Wii ones (never played the DS one) and would love to be able to play a AC game on the go. Being the mayor is interesting.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 09:42:47 PM »
Maybe it will choose the user Mii/Name associated with the 3DS system automatically or in the initial set up that will determine who gets to be mayor or maybe there will only be one player per cartridge this time. Or like you suggested Mannypon multiple towns per cart where it's all contained to its own save slot.

Hmm those are all interesting ideas about multiple players/mayors. It says that the village is larger and divided into several parts - maybe each player gets one section to look after?

So what happened to Tortimer? Are you the stand in mayor while he's off on holiday, or something?! Or the Mayor hires you for some town beautification project (or Tom Nook hires you to do his work). Ok, so those details don't really matter, and the news says you become mayor so that doesn't make sense anyways. Whatever the case may be, I'm getting pretty stoked for this game!

The screenshot looks really nice. I guess Tom being in charge of the model homes and real estate mean he will be outside his shop! I like the idea of more customization of everything

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2012, 11:05:37 PM »
Maybe the game actually has you start out in a village where Tortimer is the Mayor and you are his assistant doing certain errands- something of like a tutorial, and then you get sent to a bigger village where you can do things on your own. That would be cool and an interesting way to tie up character roles in the series. I hope Timmy and Tommy are running the shop now- they're so cute!
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2012, 06:54:36 AM »
Maybe the game actually has you start out in a village where Tortimer is the Mayor and you are his assistant doing certain errands- something of like a tutorial, and then you get sent to a bigger village where you can do things on your own. That would be cool and an interesting way to tie up character roles in the series. I hope Timmy and Tommy are running the shop now- they're so cute!

Would be interesting (and likely is not the case) if you had to run for election and had to go against Tortimer. Who knows though how all of this is going to work, including multiple people living in the village, but I am happy to see the game series evolving, more so then previous iterations have done.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2012, 03:09:12 PM »
I read a CVG preview and they revealed that the Assistant's name is Shizu. Not sure if anyone else has noted it or not, I just thought I'd drop that here. Also in almost every single preview they note that she is "clumsy", what does that mean?  Does she maybe remind you about something and then suggests the wrong answer? [Edit] Or does she just fall down a lot?
Here's the preview if you want to check it out: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/333104/previews/animal-crossing-3ds-guilty-pleasure-gaming/

If you did have to run for election I think it would be hilarious if you lost. What would happen? Election Scandal? It sounds funny to me, but I can't see Nintendo writing that into Animal Crossing. I hope there is some back story for the situation and that you're not just handed the Mayoral Reigns like the way you get a farm in Harvest Moon.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 03:15:26 PM by TheFleece »
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
When Nintendo announced that they would allow download sales of full retail games to the 3DS, I at first thought that I wouldn't really take advantage of the feature, given my preference for physical goods.

... Then I thought of Animal Crossing 3DS. YES. THIS GAME. PLEASE LET ME BUY THIS GAME AS A DL. I don't want to have to swap cartridges whenever I want to play it, I just want it always available on my 3DS always and ever and always!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:09 PM »
It is indeed the ultimate game for me to buy digitally.  Where I can always load it up without having to swap cartridges.  When it was announced I thought that would be nice, but didn't think we would ever see retail games coming to download.

So given that Mario comes out in August Digitally, It does give good hopes that Animal Crossing will take advantage of it.   That would be quite wonderful if it did.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2012, 01:47:44 PM »
I noticed no one has put up the new trailer we got from the most recent ND.  Here is the link for those that haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndoklEKhGhM

This trailer shows a lot more compared to the last one we received.  At various points, you can see your office as mayor, going through a catalog of town upgrades, and a new shoe store it seems.  If anyone on here can read or speak japanese, I'll appreciate any translations you can make from it.  There's one point where the character walks throug an entrance accross the railroad tracks but its not shown where that leads.  Based on the old maps shown months back, I would assume its to head to the new shopping area located on the north end of the map. 
Anyways, I wish this game would come out in December the latest.  I need this game in the worst way and there's nothing better than going through the holiday season running around this little virtual world.  It always gives me a feeling of wonder that I haven't had since I was a kid. 

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »
Can't vouch for how accurate the translations are, but here is a video with some translations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k09p7k7JdLU

Also I can't wait for this either.  Sooo hoping it somehow makes it out in America before the end of the year.. *hopes*

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2012, 02:22:44 PM »
Thanks for the update, the end gives me hope for a December release.  Its due out in fall for Japan and early 2013 for Europe.  The US usually falls in between the  Japanese and Europe release dates so I'm hoping for a Winter release in the  US.  If I remember correctly, didn't Animal Crossing WW release in December?  I remember getting it as an early Christmas present. 

I find it hilarious that with all this talk of WiiU POWAZZZ, unreal engine 4, Star Wars 1313, and the Last of Us that I'm fighting an uncontrollable desire to have my Animal Crossing fix NOW lol.  Don't get me wrong, I'm into all that other stuff but none of it give me that feeling that I used to get when playing video games as a kid that I still get from AC.  There is just something about it and I almost wish I've never heard of it so that I can experience it new once again like I did back on the Cube.  There are only 2 games I've played in my life that have given me that feeling of awe, discovery, and escapeism and they were Mario 64 and Animal Crossing on the cube.

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »
I'm kinda the same way Mannypon. Animal Crossing is one of those games that I can kinda escape to for a little bit each day.  Kinda like I do with a good mmo or a few other types of games.  As of right now since Diablo came out, it's now my most wanted game of the year.

Doing my best to remain hopeful for a holiday release in America.  :)

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2012, 02:50:45 PM »
Huge Animal Crossing update, I found this over in the Neogaf forums, I'll just cut and paste his/her post as it is large and I might miss out some details if I try to summerize it. 

Quoted from StreetsAhead over at Neogaf.
- Can place a Reset Management Center. Mr. Resetti will appear after you have placed this on the map.
- Return of Don Resetti.
- Brewster's Coffee Shop is separate and you can build it. If you go there a lot you can begin a 'part-time job'.
- Can drink coffee outside.
- Can build two types of Police Stations. The police officer will vary by the type you choose.
- New Villager: Hamsuke, a hamster, born May 30th. Brisk personality.
- New Villager: Brittany, a pig, born November 14th. Mature personality.
- New Villager: Anthony, a horse, born May 22. Smug Personality.
- New Personality: Smugï¼› talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can't hate them.
- New Villager: Takoya, an octopus, born March 8th. Shaped like takoyaki. Carefree personality.
- New Villager: Frappe, a penguin, born February 22nd, lively personality.
- Lyle now works for the Happy Home Academy.
- Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)
- New flowers.
- Return of cherry blossoms.
- Can eat ice-cream cones.
- Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.
- Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.
- Receive donations from villagers and even other players to fund the building.
- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.

-New Villager: Doremi, deer, born March 26
-New Villager: Sunairu, gorilla, born December 5th
-New Villager: Hajime, elephant, born September 7th
-Flower Shop: Owned by Reiji, sells seeds for flowers, tree saplings, gardening tools, house plants. Open 10:00~8:00PM. He's a sloth, and lazy, so he may sometimes not be in the shop.
-Museum: Open 24 hours. Will have 'planned exhibitions' of items outside those which you give them. Also a Museum Shop run by Blather's little sister.
-Able Sisters: 8:00~9:00PM. Contains an accessory corner now.
-Nook Housing: 10:00~8:00PM, parts to decorate your house change every day. Run by Tom Nook.
-Speck Shop: Appears to be taking the place of Tom Nook's old shop, run by twin tanookis. Sells daily goods like cups for your house. Open 8AM~10PM, Starts of small and grows. Opening hours vary by type.
-Shank the Skunk runs a shoe store, Lisa the llama runs the recycle shop.
-Start the game off in a tent.
-Bunnie, Chevre, Peanut return as villagers.

Mock and kill me if old. Taken from various scans over the last week.

Releases in 7 weeks.
Now, given there are no sources listed, I'd take this with a grain of salt at the moment even though I would assume all this info is legit.  I can't really comment at the moment as I have to leave to school in a few minutes and there is still one more post I want to make in another thread about another game. 
This game is sounding better and better the more I hear about it.  Damn Nintendo for pushing the NA release to next yr.  I needed this here by Christmas :'( . :@

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2012, 06:15:47 PM »
I'm loving hearing more about this game, especially getting to build and invest so much in your town! I absolutely can't wait to DOWNLOAD this at midnight!

-New Villager: Doremi, deer, born March 26

Oh man some of these names... &D

-Start the game off in a tent.

...AWESOME!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: Jump Out for 3DS
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2012, 11:29:35 AM »
Random thought: wouldn't it be cool if Nintendo used DLC to add more dinosaurs after the game's release?

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »
A truckload of Animal Crossing news has arrived.  Enjoy :) .  I know all this is just going to make the wait for a US release that much more difficult. 

Here's a summary of the Japanese Nintendo Direct dedicated to Animal Crossing that took place this morning.  I got this from a member called StreetsAhead over at Neogaf.

- Talking about the game, being mayor, building house, no firm goals.
- Eguchi, producer. Going to talk to devs.
-The man and woman were the game's directors, the other woman is a planner.
- Flowers will sparkle depending off if they've been watered.
- Can design roads - they added the character for 'road'. There's a camping ground, sometimes there'll be campers - villagers who don't live in your village.
- Villagers and visitors can buy items in the recycle shop.
- There's a pot plant and the other is a music album.
- The bench and clock were stuff she placed as mayor.
- When you sit in the mayor's seat, Shizue will come up and talk to you.
- Once you've decided what to build, go with Shizue to decide where. Then they'll show you what it will look like. Donations from villagers begin.
- Don't have to go back to mayor's office once building is placed.
- Can donate yourself.
- New item: megaphone. Can say a villagers names to get their attention by speaking their name into the 3DS microphone.
- The tanooki brothers will take turns each day to service the shop.
- Halloween goods sold because it's October.
- Different types of shoes, boots and socks.
- 2nd floor is the museum shop. The four doors lead to special exhibitions. You can set the special exhibitions yourself. Hawaiian Expo, Sushi expo.
- Tanooki Housing Real Estate. Buy parts for your houses outside.
- Can decide if you want to increase room numbers and where (1st flow left, right, 2nd floor etc)
- Shisho, comedian. Started a comedy club, Club 444. Can watch his comedy shows. He has spoken dialogue during this. Can decide your reaction.
- Take photos of your expression with good timing for best result in the photo booth. Many reactions/emotions to collect.
- This is the design leader, Takahashi.
- Talking about new items.
- Can alter designs at R. Parker's
- The redesign takes 30 minutes in this instance. Changed the design and wood.
- Can create your own designs
- Entire house of Tom Nooks if you want!
- Can turn designs into QR codes.
- Model Homes now. People met through Streetpass. These are the people she's streetpassed with. Sometimes they will give you things, like ice-creams, balloons, and pin wheels.

- Up to 48 houses in three block, 16 homes per block.
- Can see with the map where the houses are using people's names.
- Toilets & urinals!! Mario stars, shells, & mushrooms!
- The woman to the left of Eguchi drew that apple as her 'Own Design' in the game.
- You can go to visit some people's villages that you've street-passed with. It's a 'dream'.
- Allows you to see how other people have set up their towns. When you have an internet connection, if someone you've street passed with has a Village number, (can search by name too) you can go into a new shop and visit their village. You can do stuff like cut trees and get fruit, but it doesn't affect their village.
- You can alter the look of City Hall, too.
- This is the sound director.
- This is the early morning theme. Second, the morning theme. Daytime theme now. Evening theme. Sky has changed color too and there's a diesel train running. And now the night theme. And now the late night theme.
- K. K. Slider, Saturday night live performances at the new Shisho's Club 444. Now for a new song. Shisho is dancing to the beat!
- DJ K.K. (K.K. Slider under a different name) performs on nights other than Saturday at the comedy club. 'House Nights' Includes NES Nights. 'Famicon Nights'.
- Can listen to the music on audio players in your house, like gramophones.
- Lots of new songs.
- Islands! The four of them are going to the island. Going by boat. A motor boat, headed by Kapp'n!
- A new song for the ride, too.
- Can get swimming suits the first time here, wearing it you can go swimming.
- Can dive for coral! Sometimes there'll be jellyfish.
- Find summer fish and bugs all year round here.
- Can trade medals got in mini games on the island to trade for the goods in the souvenir shop.

- Games are focused on Co-op.
- Tortimer appears as the Tour Guide, explains the games

- Each person has to search for their own type of fruits; mangoes, persimmons, etc.
- The faster you are the more medals you get.
- Can pick up fruits and drop them for other players in easier locations.
- This is 'Hammer', hit the little electric car.
- And that's it from the team - thanks to the staff.
- Iwata reconfirms download version; same as the retail version. Mentions the benefit of download versions.
- Official Animal Crossing twitter @doubutsuno_mori , will reveal new characters and items.
THE END!

AND...
here's the link to the whole 47 (!!!!!!) min Nintendo Direct. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU5aQT8S1CI
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:15:45 PM by Mannypon »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2012, 10:37:48 PM »
OMG... just thought of this...

Since Nintendo can't put real NES VC games in AC anymore... they should invent some all-new fake retro ones!!! Or maybe even bring in Game & Watch games!!!

They could even be paid DLC!

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »
I thought about that at one point and it should be a no brainer but alas, no news yet on such a feature.  There is so much they could do with this game and I think I've ranted on in the past about features I'll like to see them add but I'll just quickly breeze over them again here. 

What Nintendo should add to AC: (all single and multi)
  • Board games
  • Dominoes
  • Checkers, Chess, etc
  • Cards (poker, spades, War, etc...) even provide collectable Mario cards, Zelda cards, etc
  • Water guns and balloons for summer shootemups in the village.
  • Tennis courts in each village (allow you to play singles or doubles against villagers and online against your friends)
  • Bowling allies
  • Billiards, Air hockey
  • Random 9 hole golf course generated specific to each town:  This will give you more of an incentive to visit other players towns online so you can try out their course and place a better score.

For Board games, dominoes, Checkers, Chess, and cards etc, you can play those either in your homes or in a park.  The villages will have a park with those stone tables that have the checker board painted onto it.  I don't know exactly what their called but I used to see them everwhere when I lived in Jersey. 

With Tennis and Golf, there could be scheduled tournaments for you to participate in.  Some could be village specific where you and the villagers join in.  Others could be online focused where the field is much larger and a leader board could be generated.  It could even take place over the course of a whole weekend like real golf tournaments. 

Sh*t, the tennis, bowling, billiards, and air hockey could all be in a new Rec Center building for the game.  Even better, make the Rec Center a giant tree house lol. 

All this should be done in AC, the smaller games shouldn't be that hard to create ingame and they already have Tennis and Golf engines they can use.  Just take the code for Mario Tennis and Mario Golf and work it into AC. 

All this needs to be done to help break the monotony that eventually falls in with all AC games.  This will give gamers more things to do online asside from the little options they have now.  I see AC3ds is adding some multiplayer games which is a step in the right direction but still, more could be done. 
If Nintendo were to add all this to AC, it'll be THE game of my life and I don't think I'll ever put it away. 

« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:50:02 PM by Mannypon »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM »
They should add Frolf (Ribbit King) to Animal Crossing.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2012, 06:54:54 PM »
Since Nintendo can't put real NES VC games in AC anymore...
What if your own VC games appeared instead?

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2012, 09:22:07 PM »
Since Nintendo can't put real NES VC games in AC anymore...
What if your own VC games appeared instead?

Like WarioWare games I've potentially already made?
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2012, 11:52:09 PM »
Here's a sweeeet 7 minute overview trailer (in Japanese ;/.... hopefully someone can translate).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-NS7i5N8Lc&feature=g-u-uhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-NS7i5N8Lc&feature=g-u-u

This game looks packed with content.  The wait is just getting to be torture with each trailer I see.  I might just have to learn Japanese if my condition gets worse. 

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:54:41 PM by Mannypon »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2012, 12:00:39 AM »
God, can you imagine we have to wait all the way into 2013 to get this game?!?!?! NNNGGGGGGG!!!!

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2012, 02:43:04 AM »
I'm trying not to think of it, hopefully by 2013 they mean Feb the latest.  I've been replaying WW for the time being but its not helping to contain the desire.  I've even hit such a low point that at times I've contemplated learning python programming, and using the Blender game creation software to create my own perfect Animal Crossing lol.  I even got as far as modeling a 3d model of the male animal crossing character lol. 

As you can see, I have a SEVERE itch for some new Animal Crossing.  I need my fix bad. 

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2012, 08:31:13 PM »
I'm also have a serious time dealing with a lack of Animal Crossing in my life. City Folk really didn't do it for me and I enjoyed Wild World much much more because of the multiple controls for the DS and CF was too much of the same. New Leaf is really the game I've been waiting for.

Here's the english trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=895koqZvihI&feature=em-uploademail-new

I think the best feature is the ability to schedule the shop hours so you can set them to when you're able to play. A lot of players are going to get much more done because of this. I think it's probably the best adjustment to the gameplay system. Also Socks, seriously. Just wait.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »
Personally, I think the REAL megaton is wall furnishings.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2012, 02:05:29 AM »
This is without a doubt my most anticipated 3DS game. Love me some Animal Crossing. (Hate me for using "love me some")  ;D
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2012, 03:02:01 AM »
This is without a doubt my most anticipated 3DS game.

Yes... but are you in the "Wall Furniture is the best!" camp or the "No dumbo! Socks are the real innovation!" camp?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2012, 04:24:26 PM »
This is without a doubt my most anticipated 3DS game.

Yes... but are you in the "Wall Furniture is the best!" camp or the "No dumbo! Socks are the real innovation!" camp?

I am in the "Whoa, you can create clothes that don't have to repeat the same pattern on the front, back, and sleeves" camp.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
I am in the "Whoa, you can create clothes that don't have to repeat the same pattern on the front, back, and sleeves" camp.
This is already possible in the Wii game.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »
As detailed as it is in New Leaf? EDIT: City Folk wasn't so memorable to me, so I could be mistaken.  :D

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »
"Animal Crossing: New Leaf sells 600K at retail, 200K digitally"

JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!!
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2012, 02:12:04 AM »
Tell me about it, watching some of the live streams and following the gameplay thread over at neogaf is just brutal.  Replaying Wildworld isn't helping either as I was never too much of a fan of that release.  This dam game better come on on Jan 1, I don't want to wait any longer.

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2012, 11:51:47 AM »
Releasing a major title one week after Christmas? Yeah, not going to happen.  :P:

Offline Schmokes

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »
It's depressing seeing this thread started early in 2011 and we are still waiting on this game. 

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2013, 09:03:35 AM »
I'm holding out for a XL bundle with New Leaf, it seems inevitable with the way Nintendo has been releasing 3DS bundles. I don't really care if it's the Japanese LL design or something entirely new, I just want it.

Does anyone have any details about how the scheduling for the shops work? I would like to have the stores open in the late part of the day, but would like to change the hours on the weekends. Are you committed to the initial hours you set up or can you change it whenever you want?
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2013, 10:44:30 PM »
I think you do have some control over the hours of the stores once your mayor but don't quote me on that.  I've been on a media blackout of this game as I want to everything all in during my playthrough.  I too am holding out on upgrading to an XL until this game comes out.  I really hope they release a special bundle or something.  I cannot wait for this to come out and wish they would give us a release date already.  Come on Nintendo, don't make us wait till E3. 

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2013, 04:18:06 AM »
You do have some control over the shop hours, and I think his question was regarding how much control it was.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2013, 08:18:01 AM »
You do have some control over the shop hours, and I think his question was regarding how much control it was.

Basically I want to know if you can change the hours of the shops whenever you like (day to day) or if at some point you have to choose a schedule and can't alter it in the future.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline jvgsjeff

• View Profile
    • JVGS
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2013, 05:47:03 PM »
From what I've been reading, you can change it whenever you want (the changes take effect the following day), but it costs 20,000 bells to make the change.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2013, 06:13:57 PM »
From what I've been reading, you can change it whenever you want (the changes take effect the following day), but it costs 20,000 bells to make the change.

That's awesome and brutal. I expect to at least change the schedules once a week or at least to ensure I don't miss certain items. I found bells really hard to earn in City Folk as oppose to Wild World so I hope the effort for Bells isn't a frustrating hustle.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2013, 05:50:31 PM »
Okay as per today's Nintendo Direct Animal Crossing New Leaf is out June 9th. That's a Sunday which is great for me. There's a super chill trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_UmQ0S1C10 Bill Trinen hinted that there will be another Nintendo Direct with more details about New Leaf, I hope it's a whole dedicated ND like the one Japan got.

I may have been thinking about Bells in the wrong context with this version of Animal Crossing. What if you're not really just 'hustlin for bells' and because you're The Mayor you may actually have a Town Budget? Maybe the scale of Bells that you handle will just be adequate. Maybe you don't have to spend all damn day getting fruit fish and fossils to trade for money to buy items you actually want. Maybe the daily objectives have been completely flipped for this game and it will be something completely different and new.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2013, 08:01:25 PM »
As far as the Nintendo Direct goes, the way he made it sound was that it will be the same exact one Japan got, but with English subtitles.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »
As far as the Nintendo Direct goes, the way he made it sound was that it will be the same exact one Japan got, but with English subtitles.

That wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't mind that at all, but Animal Crossing always has great cultural specific items and events for each region and I'd to hear about that stuff.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2013, 04:45:58 AM »

That wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't mind that at all, but Animal Crossing always has great cultural specific items and events for each region and I'd to hear about that stuff.

Not in Australia. We didn't even get Southern Hemisphere weather settings. At least pre-Wii, I didn't play that version.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2013, 09:21:31 AM »
So excited for this, but my wife is disappointed.  She liked to watch me play City Folk, help listen for balloons and spot holes, etc.  I wish there was a spectator mode for her to watch on the TV.  I doubt many people play this way, though.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2013, 08:19:53 PM »
NOA is releasing Animal Crossing videos with some Treehouse developers talking about different topics. The first one deals with localization, the second is about connectivity, the third is about your first day in town and the newest one is about customizing your home. It looks like they are releasing a video daily. While most of it is all details that we might already know about and the graphics aren't exactly showing anything new either I really like them. Check the playlist of all the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2JiZAV5BmDVb6eg9Pq9ZQk5vTdeS7vKS You can also check these out on the 3DS eShop.

I'm also bumping this thread so that the recent thread about New Leaf can maybe be added to this one so we can have a nice unified forum thread. Can that happen?
Handhelds at Heart
---