Author Topic: E-Shop: What games are you planning on buying on Day 1?  (Read 25146 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Re: E-Shop: What games are you planning on buying on Day 1?
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2011, 12:02:47 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think the Game Gear had any games worth playing.

Someone's going to argue with this, which I welcome, because I figure there's probably an exception to that but I'm too lazy to do the research myself, so I'll just throw out the bait and let it come to me.

I'd be happy to hear any games worth playing for Game Gear as well. The only one I can think of is Sonic The Hedgehog. But that's about the only one I can think of playing. A friend of mine had a Game Gear and that was the only game I played on it. Never beat. When they put all the Sonic Game Gear games in Sonic Adventure DX for the GameCube, I was finally able to play that game and finally beat it. It holds up alright. Never really got too far in the other Sonic Game Gear Games but they looked fine enough.

Tails' Adventure is likely the best Game Gear game I ever played. Several I had were not very fun at all, but this one had some fun elements to it as the game progressed.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2011, 09:49:41 PM »
Am I the only one who has noticed that the physics in ExciteBike 3D were completely changed? Now, Biker Bob (that's what I call the biker guy) falls like a ton of bricks, especially when pressing forward on the D-pad. Many jumps in the normal tracks are now extremely difficult to land correctly, and some seem downright impossible to get past without at the least slowing down. I booted up the original game on the NES to make sure I wasn't misremembering, and it runs much more smoothly on it. I'm disappointed in this 3DS version; it's a good thing it was free.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2011, 10:14:13 AM »
Am I the only one who has noticed that the physics in ExciteBike 3D were completely changed? Now, Biker Bob (that's what I call the biker guy) falls like a ton of bricks, especially when pressing forward on the D-pad. Many jumps in the normal tracks are now extremely difficult to land correctly, and some seem downright impossible to get past without at the least slowing down. I booted up the original game on the NES to make sure I wasn't misremembering, and it runs much more smoothly on it. I'm disappointed in this 3DS version; it's a good thing it was free.
I'm glad you said something.  I thought he was floatier in the original but that was so long ago.  I'm like I don't remember him pretty much having no momentum.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2011, 12:57:03 AM »
My first digital purchase on the 3DS is AlphaBounce. It's a DSiWare game that's an Arkanoid clone. In between levels, there's a nice map system Each square on the map is a different level and you can move in all four directions. Certain areas with icons will unlock abilities when cleared. For example, I can now opt to have  my ball be an ice ball and freeze blocks on one hit and shatter them on the next hit. This is useful for stages that have many blocks that normally require 3+ hits to destroy.

Anyway, it's the best Arkanoid style game I've ever played (not that I've played them all). But if you like Arkanoid type games, I highly recommend it based on my first 2-3 hours of play.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2011, 01:37:01 AM »
I now own all 9 3DS VC games available in North America, though I only bought Alleyway because I had all the other ones and have no intention of ever playing it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2011, 08:35:53 AM »
I now own all 9 3DS VC games available in North America, though I only bought Alleyway because I had all the other ones and have no intention of ever playing it.

Oh, Alleyway is a lot of fun.  I played it for hours on a plane recently.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2011, 09:24:02 AM »
Since you have it you might as well play it.  I remember it being fun.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »
Except I already have AlphaBounce, and haven't gotten around to playing that yet, so if I'm going to play an Arkanoid clone it'll be that.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2011, 12:17:49 AM »
Does this mean that you are going to buy every game that gets released onto the VC?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2011, 01:16:57 AM »
Seems kinda silly to buy a game you have no intention of ever playing, especially when it's a digital game. I could see maybe doing that with a physical game, it could become worth money unopened in the future, and you could sell it as part of a collection.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2011, 06:59:53 AM »
Does this mean that you are going to buy every game that gets released onto the VC?

I really hope not.

Seems kinda silly to buy a game you have no intention of ever playing, especially when it's a digital game. I could see maybe doing that with a physical game, it could become worth money unopened in the future, and you could sell it as part of a collection.

It's only kinda silly if by "kinda" you mean "really," and by "silly" you mean "stupid."

J.P. Corbran

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »
Insanolord,  Theirs really only a few explanations.

You gotta catch'em all on the VC.
You feel without the weight of these bits the 3DS is going to float away.
Free Space offends you.
You really like the feeling of Power and tense decision making that comes from having to clean your fridge so much that you want to extend that to the SD Card.
You feel its very satisfying to have an army of games pop up after the 3DS loads.
Your hoping by spending money on these titles the VC release will speed up and broaden out so you can get a copy of obscurish games like Battle Bull and Bubble Ghost (Both of which are good and should come to the VC)
You are a compulsive Pre-Sleep buyer.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2011, 07:21:51 PM »
I think we're all looking too far into this. After all, the dude's name is Insanolord.

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2011, 09:21:19 PM »
Insanolord,  Theirs [sic] really only a few explanations.

(snip)
This sounds more like a case of compulsive buying disorder.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:23:33 PM by ThomasO »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2011, 09:48:13 PM »
I'm like a hoarder, except with digital things.

And yes, I still own every 3DS VC game.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2011, 10:40:05 AM »
I'm like a hoarder, except with digital things.

You and me both brother :P: , except my poison is Steam  :cool;
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2011, 04:24:23 PM »
Oh, I'm this way on Steam as well. Those damned sales....

J.P. Corbran