Author Topic: Project Cafe & Pre-E3 HYPE Thread  (Read 102845 times)

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Project Cafe & Pre-E3 HYPE Thread
« Reply #375 on: June 06, 2011, 01:49:14 AM »
The 2011 Mortal Kombat is the 9th iteration.

I would rather give my hype to you so I can be more greatly surprised than have my lofty expectations met. My one great hope is that the third party showcase for Project Cafe is great, plentiful, and is more than vague banners that could mean anything from blockbusters to shovelware.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 06, 2011, 10:19:26 AM »
Hopefully we get a version of Mortal Kombat.

How about an MK Vs. Smash Bros. crossover?
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 06, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »

Never, but a MK vs SF would be HUGE!!!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 06, 2011, 10:46:56 AM »

Never, but a MK vs SF would be HUGE!!!
MK Vs Capcom ... Kart Racing
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 06, 2011, 11:41:32 AM »
MK vs. Capcom at the Winter Olympics
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 06, 2011, 11:44:59 AM »
MK vs. Capcom at the Winter Olympics
I don't think MK has had a Winter Olympics game but I know they've done Kart Racing.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
-24 Hours Remain-
« Reply #381 on: June 06, 2011, 12:00:01 PM »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 06, 2011, 12:10:05 PM »
The real rapture begins tomorrow at Noon.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 06, 2011, 12:12:20 PM »
You know what has bugged me about that picture.  Is that the Moon doesn't grow.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 06, 2011, 12:16:59 PM »
Sorry. I made them myself* and my photoshop/GIMP editing skills are in their infancy....

i thought about doing that and putting the moon behind them, but it would literally take me ALL day to figure it out and do it with an acceptable level of quality.

I'll give it a shot for the 15 minutes left picture...

*i edited the moon and text onto an existing picture someone else made.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:18:43 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 06, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »
Sorry. I made them myself* and my photoshop/GIMP editing skills are in their infancy....

i thought about doing that and putting the moon behind them, but it would literally take me ALL day to figure it out and do it with an acceptable level of quality.

I'll give it a shot for the 15 minutes left picture...
*i edited the moon and text onto an existing picture someone else made.
I would have put it where its at but just start it small so by tomorrow it be about where its at.  Still a nice pic though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 06, 2011, 12:27:09 PM »
that sounds good and easy.

I'll edit them like that after the conference.
That way they can be recycled by someone else next year.

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 06, 2011, 01:42:07 PM »
Nintendo better bring their A-game because MS just delivered big with their Kinect line-up. 
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline Snake-Arms

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 06, 2011, 02:01:16 PM »
Nintendo better bring their A-game because MS just delivered big with their Kinect line-up.

Are you serious?  Their conference was complete trash.  Even the Halo CE remake looked very meh.  :/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 06, 2011, 02:57:50 PM »
There was nothing shown by MS for Sony to be worried about and much less Nintendo to even think about.

The only cool stuff out of MS conference was the Kinect stuff and most of that isn't even in-game related.
If Nintendo copied a Kinect like device and integrated it Move style with the Wiimote/nunchuck, you would have a definitive motion/multimedia device. Kinect desperately needs something that you physically hold that has buttons and/or a means for movement (d-pad/joystick).

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 06, 2011, 03:08:49 PM »
I think you all are underestimating the effect the TV announcement will have.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Iwata: (Tweets)
« Reply #391 on: June 06, 2011, 03:30:48 PM »
Iwata is guest tweeting on NOA Twitter this week
http://twitter.com/#!/NintendoAmerica

Miyamoto is rewirting his script after watching the MS Conference
It's not easy to prepare a smooth #NintE3ndo presentation, but we enjoy it. Now Mr. Miyamoto is changing his script again! #IwataSays
55 Minutes Ago

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 06, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »

I think you are overestimating it's WOW factor. It may become a popular feature over time, but it's nothing to get excited about since it's something they've talked about for atleast 2-3 years now.

p.s. I'm also on the verge of outright cancelling cable and only keeping internet. So Live TV through Xbox Live ($50 for the whole year) does sound like an excellent deal, but it's far from a Megaton, gamechanger or major headline for an E3 conference.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 06, 2011, 03:49:30 PM »
Hate to be a nag, but could we discuss the MS conference in the MS thread because I also think people are way underestimating what was shown for Kinect.

Edit: Forgot I wanted to say something about the Cafe.

I was thinking that it might be possible (as someone else mentioned somewhere) that the screen on the controller could be used to eliminate icons from the screen, and I was thinking how cool that would be if no game was ever interrupted by a button icon, then I some of the demoes at MS's conference made me reconsider because of the "press A to change weapons" and the button icons for performing actions within a cutscene.

Now, the weapons thing could be solved with a Stone of Agony type of deal where when you step on an available weapon, the controller rumbles and you look at the screen to see which weapon it is.

The cutscene buttons however, present an entirely different challenge, now I don't actually think Nintendo is going to announce this, but because of how one holds a controller, if each button vibrated independently, you would be able to find them quickly through the vibration pattern, and a quick glance at the screen could also tell you which buttons. I think the delay time on most of the button pressing events is long enough for a person to figure out what they need to press. I suppose they simply just make the controller rumble every time they want you to look at the screen, but I like the idea of separately vibrating buttons. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:56:04 PM by MaryJane »
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline cubist

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 06, 2011, 03:55:19 PM »
There was nothing shown by MS for Sony to be worried about and much less Nintendo to even think about.

Sony hasn't even presented yet BNM. C'mon dude, I'm a Nintendo fan too, but don't shoot the competition down just yet. Nintendo should take notes on how to win back the so-called hardcore group.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 06, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »
I know that Sony hasn't presented. The point was that MS did not WOW anybody, so as long as Sony has their NGP Vita blowout, there was nothing at the MS conference to worry Sony.

Sony has Vita, Move, PS3/PSN news to reveal.
Vita news alone could outdo MS's conference.

Nintendo has SS, Kirby, Xeno, TLS & more for Wii, whatever is being shown for DS, all the upcoming 1st & 3rd party games for 3DS + the 3DS Update that happens later today and then Café reveal ontop of that.

The only way Sony will have anything to worry about as far as "losing" the E3 conference war to MS is if they come out and show nothing but PS3 games that we already know about.

Nintendo has likely already won just for the fact that they are releasing new hardware and we know almost nothing of it at this point.

As far as I'm concerned, out of the major 2 players today, it is Sony's conference to lose. MS has already showed their hand and all they have is a high card of 10 of clubs .

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 06, 2011, 04:16:22 PM »

I think you are overestimating it's WOW factor. It may become a popular feature over time, but it's nothing to get excited about since it's something they've talked about for atleast 2-3 years now.

p.s. I'm also on the verge of outright cancelling cable and only keeping internet. So Live TV through Xbox Live ($50 for the whole year) does sound like an excellent deal, but it's far from a Megaton, gamechanger or major headline for an E3 conference.
Doesn't have to be.  As a gamer we want the Wow.  As a Parent for a child I want the Practical and the useful for my family.

Iwata is guest tweeting on NOA Twitter this week
http://twitter.com/#!/NintendoAmerica

Miyamoto is rewirting his script after watching the MS Conference
It's not easy to prepare a smooth #NintE3ndo presentation, but we enjoy it. Now Mr. Miyamoto is changing his script again! #IwataSays
55 Minutes Ago
What could he be rewriting?  Did he have a Sesame Street Style monster game to announce?
Hate to be a nag, but could we discuss the MS conference in the MS thread because I also think people are way underestimating what was shown for Kinect.

Edit: Forgot I wanted to say something about the Cafe.

I was thinking that it might be possible (as someone else mentioned somewhere) that the screen on the controller could be used to eliminate icons from the screen, and I was thinking how cool that would be if no game was ever interrupted by a button icon, then I some of the demoes at MS's conference made me reconsider because of the "press A to change weapons" and the button icons for performing actions within a cutscene.

Now, the weapons thing could be solved with a Stone of Agony type of deal where when you step on an available weapon, the controller rumbles and you look at the screen to see which weapon it is.

The cutscene buttons however, present an entirely different challenge, now I don't actually think Nintendo is going to announce this, but because of how one holds a controller, if each button vibrated independently, you would be able to find them quickly through the vibration pattern, and a quick glance at the screen could also tell you which buttons. I think the delay time on most of the button pressing events is long enough for a person to figure out what they need to press. I suppose they simply just make the controller rumble every time they want you to look at the screen, but I like the idea of separately vibrating buttons. 
First, No I don't wanna.  Now that that is over.

I don't think QTE style events will ever successfully use the Touch screen.  Their all about timing and that's where hard buttons excel.  I do think that for inventory, item usage, etc soft buttons will see some success.  Things you can look down and get position on.  Just think of what does and doesn't work on the DS.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:21:44 PM by Ceric »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 06, 2011, 04:23:09 PM »
Maybe there was a feature of Café he wasn't gonna announce and decided to announce after all?

Maybe something form the MS conference inspired him to include a new joke or maybe a funny reference? I guess we may never know.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 06, 2011, 04:30:03 PM »
I stand by the Sesame Street game.

Offline cubist

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 06, 2011, 04:46:13 PM »
BNM, my bad on the Sony conference comment.  MS was strong though.  The cafe better come with some cream and sugar tomorrow.  IGN posted the controller confirmation via Nikkei.  I've got my fingers crossed that Iwata, Reggie, and Miyamoto are coming out with some boxing gloves tomorrow.  FIGHT!