Author Topic: Madworld  (Read 108981 times)

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Madworld
« Reply #375 on: March 16, 2009, 01:18:57 PM »
There's more gameplay to be had here than RE5.Pure.
What did you say? Sheva is an idiot? What? Her A.I. is crap? huh?
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 16, 2009, 01:46:25 PM »
There's more gameplay to be had here than RE5.

Pure.

Who was talking about RE5?
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 16, 2009, 02:19:48 PM »
So apparently, of all the "Mature" releases for the Wii, this is the one that's triggered all sorts of backlash from the NIMF.

P.S. - LOL @ acronyms
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #378 on: March 16, 2009, 03:09:53 PM »
I was hoping the "hard" mode was available from the get-go, similar to Viewtiful Joe.

But alas, the majority of mature gaming customers are casual in their thirst for pain challenge, at best.  Probably a tough decision for Platinum, but I guess they neededed a strong consumer response with their first release, and not weed out most of the potential audience.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 03:12:03 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 16, 2009, 04:56:22 PM »
I finally received my copy today from Amazon.  I'm considering downloaded a completed save file so I can jump right into Hard Mode.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #380 on: March 16, 2009, 05:19:06 PM »
You know, that's a FUCKING BRILLIANT IDEA.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 16, 2009, 06:19:32 PM »
Anyone able to rent this?
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 16, 2009, 07:21:18 PM »

I'll make a point of checking my Hollywood video when I go out tonight. Portland is pretty big so if this place doesn't carry it that doesn't bode well for a lot of places.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 16, 2009, 07:40:16 PM »

I'll make a point of checking my Hollywood video when I go out tonight. Portland is pretty big so if this place doesn't carry it that doesn't bode well for a lot of places.

Groovy. 

I'm pretty shocked the Blockbuster's in Denver aren't carrying it.  Looks like they opted for Coraline instead.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 16, 2009, 09:06:07 PM »
got to play this game again today, for the first time since thursday. i loooooove the asian town level, it was a blast. the level before that with the motorcycle i almost spit up my drink when the announcers said:

'jacks burning rubber!'
'i prefer bareback myself'

during the intro.

i knew the game was gonna have some raunchy language as well as the over the top violence but geez..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline gojira

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 16, 2009, 09:48:19 PM »
Made it to the 3rd world (great opening commentary for that first Castle level, by the way) and...I can't believe it took me this long to realize Jack uses Tank Controls.   

That lack of a highlight or indicator on or above objects you can interact with has slowly shifted from an unfortunate oversight to a major annoyance, especially now that enemies are a lot more plentiful and harder to kill off. 

We must have very different definitions of what "tank controls" are.  A tank moves forward and backward easy enough, but it slowly turns (think RE4).  You press a direction with the analog stick and Jack goes that way, no slow turning involved (think any 3d mario).  The problem is that the camera doesn't follow you unless you manually tell it to do so.

The highlight indicator would help, but I wonder if it was more of an aesthetic choice.  Outside of blood being red and sounds words (onomatopoeia) being yellow, MadWorld is black and white.  I guess they didn't want colors strewn throughout the levels.  I file that as being a sacrifice.  Gameplay somewhat suffers for visuals.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 16, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »
Made it to the 3rd world (great opening commentary for that first Castle level, by the way) and...I can't believe it took me this long to realize Jack uses Tank Controls.   

That lack of a highlight or indicator on or above objects you can interact with has slowly shifted from an unfortunate oversight to a major annoyance, especially now that enemies are a lot more plentiful and harder to kill off. 

We must have very different definitions of what "tank controls" are.  A tank moves forward and backward easy enough, but it slowly turns (think RE4).  You press a direction with the analog stick and Jack goes that way, no slow turning involved (think any 3d mario).  The problem is that the camera doesn't follow you unless you manually tell it to do so.

The highlight indicator would help, but I wonder if it was more of an aesthetic choice.  Outside of blood being red and sounds words (onomatopoeia) being yellow, MadWorld is black and white.  I guess they didn't want colors strewn throughout the levels.  I file that as being a sacrifice.  Gameplay somewhat suffers for visuals.

Well, often throughout the game it seemed like whenever I wanted to turn around and nail a guy right behind me (usually while I was carrying a sign or whatnot to use on him), Jack would back up and turn like a Tank instead of actually turning around.  But it looks like most of that was just the camera influencing my recollections, because he does turn around on a dime when you want him to .

Incidentally, I just beat the game.  That last boss was pretty hard, actually, though I just breezed through the Tower this time now that I knew to just throw the damn Ninjas into the fans.  I ended up hitting the cheap shot boss right into the fans with one of them, so that ended up being an easy kill.

EDIT: Alright, now THAT'S how you do an End Credits sequence.  That's easily one of the funniest things I've seen/heard in gaming in years.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:17:14 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 16, 2009, 10:03:29 PM »

Groovy. 

I'm pretty shocked the Blockbuster's in Denver aren't carrying it.  Looks like they opted for Coraline instead.

the Hollywood video I checked had a display box on the shelf but no actual copies in stock. I don't know how many they ordered though, could have been one or twenty for all I know.
My Game Collection

Offline gojira

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 16, 2009, 11:16:34 PM »

Well, often throughout the game it seemed like whenever I wanted to turn around and nail a guy right behind me (usually while I was carrying a sign or whatnot to use on him), Jack would back up and turn like a Tank instead of actually turning around.  But it looks like most of that was just the camera influencing my recollections, because he does turn around on a dime when you want him to .

Oh yeah, I meant to mention that.  Jack does move tank style when holding something big like a barrel.  I think he still moves regular with lighter stuff like weapons and sign posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #389 on: March 17, 2009, 01:10:29 AM »
Just thought I would let Aussies know that March 26th is when it hits retailers. Carry on everybody.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 17, 2009, 04:14:54 AM »

I may be too old school for your definition but to me "tank controls" means you use two joysticks, one for each thread, pushing both forward to go forward or one forward, one back to turn, etc.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 17, 2009, 06:13:41 AM »
HMV have told me this in the post, i must have pre-ordered it back in September and forgot about it. £26.99 on HMV.com. Should i send it back and rent or...?

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 17, 2009, 12:27:52 PM »

Groovy. 

the Hollywood video I checked had a display box on the shelf but no actual copies in stock. I don't know how many they ordered though, could have been one or twenty for all I know.

Cool, I'll give me local one a ring

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 17, 2009, 01:01:45 PM »
If you rent this game instead of buying it, you are EVIL and part of the problem. You will make Kairon cry as well.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 17, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »
If you rent this game instead of buying it, you are EVIL and part of the problem. You will make Kairon cry as well.

Meh.  I already bought VJ 1 and 2.  They'll be fine.  I'm not paying 50 bones for 5 hours.  Thats 10 bux an hour.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 17, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »

Since peoples persona in my eye is affected by their avatar, Kairon is always crying when I read his posts. Sometimes with tears of joy, other times with an overwhelming sorrow. He mourns the death of third party Wii games.
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 17, 2009, 04:19:38 PM »
anyone shove a trumpet up someones pooper yet?

I found one in the asian town level but was only able to impale the cranium.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #397 on: March 17, 2009, 05:14:50 PM »
I haven't played this yet but I would imagine you have to be in the right spot to do certain things.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline gojira

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 17, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »

Meh.  I already bought VJ 1 and 2.  They'll be fine.  I'm not paying 50 bones for 5 hours.  Thats 10 bux an hour.

I totally don't agree with that sentiment.  You can beat many fantastic games in 5 hours and they're all worth at least $50 because of replayability.  And I can already tell I'll be replaying MadWorld quite a few times. 

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 17, 2009, 06:43:01 PM »

I totally don't agree with that sentiment.  You can beat many fantastic games in 5 hours and they're all worth at least $50 because of replayability.  And I can already tell I'll be replaying MadWorld quite a few times. 

Not to mention it has a multiplayer mode to mess around in.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144