Author Topic: Turnabout Courtroom 4  (Read 5472 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
Turnabout Courtroom 4
« on: September 25, 2006, 06:19:12 PM »
Here's a trailer filled with awesome.

I'm still a bit worried that Capcom will be dumb and won't bring this game, the first Gyakuten Saiban game built from the ground up for the DS, over to the States. But the logo for Justice for All has helped ease my fears a bit. Why else would they change the name of the series in America, from 'Phoenix Wright' to 'Ace Attorney', if not to prepare for the game that Phoenix Wright doesn't star in?

...That's right. No Phoenix in this one. And no underage female psychic sidekick, either. (There's an underage female magician sidekick, instead.)

But anyway. Was that murder scene in the trailer stylish, or what? It's like they've taken a page out of Hotel Dusk.        
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
RE: Turnabout Courtroom 4
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 08:33:37 PM »
Awesome.  All the japanese games can now head to us with the Ace Attorney name regardless of the main character.  I hope they give this guy a name at least half as cool as Pheonix Wright.

Pheonix Wright, excuse me Ace Attorney 1,  was one of the many DS games that made me realize how much I wasn't enjoying games at the time.  I still played games but this game and a few others really opened my eyes to the joy I had been missing and didn't get from playing a game in a long time.

me: Objection!!
roomate:  It's two in the morning quit lawyering!  

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Turnabout Courtroom 4
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:38:01 PM »
Paradigm shift
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Turnabout Courtroom 4
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 08:43:31 PM »
Wait a sec... but they ARE bringing the next PHOENIX WRIGHT game out right? I've seen trailers! Oldbag makes a return!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
RE: Turnabout Courtroom (Phoenix Wright!) 4
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 09:01:19 PM »
Yes, Phoenix Wright 2 (Justice for All) is confirmed for release sometime next year (we're talking about 4.) Alot of people bought the first one, so it seems our good deeds will be rewarded with karma.

The localization of the third game, on the other hand, is less certain. iirc, a DS port hasn't been confirmed (all of the Phoenix Wright games are ports from GBA games.) And, if they don't make a DS version, we probably won't ever get to play the game over here.

Pheonix Wright, excuse me Ace Attorney 1, was one of the many DS games that made me realize how much I wasn't enjoying games at the time.

Yeah, agreed. The DS has shown me what true joy is like.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
RE:Turnabout Courtroom (Phoenix Wright!) 4
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 09:02:12 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
Wait a sec... but they ARE bringing the next PHOENIX WRIGHT game out right? I've seen trailers! Oldbag makes a return!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Yes they are bringing it out.  It is going to be called "pheonix wright ACE ATTORNEY" instead of "PHEONIX WRIGHT ace attorney" though.  With the ACE ATTORNEY monicker the new game can be called "max power ACE ATTORNEY.
edit: beat me to it wandering

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Turnabout Courtroom (Phoenix Wright!) 4
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 03:36:43 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering
The localization of the third game, on the other hand, is less certain.

Well, if it never comes out, you can always play the first case.
It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Gyakuten Saiban 4 (the Phoenix Wright game that's sans-Phoenix Wright)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 10:45:21 AM »

"...That's right. No Phoenix in this one."

Hahaha...That's what YOU think...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline wandering

• View Profile
RE:Gyakuten Saiban 4 (the Phoenix Wright game that's sans-Phoenix Wright)
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 02:19:24 PM »

Originally posted by: Aussie Ben PGC
Well, if it never comes out, you can always play the first case.

Great, awesome, Thanks!

So, anyway, it looks like the 3rd game may be coming to cell phones in the US. I'm burning with anticipation. Though a DS port would be even nicer.

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Hahaha...That's what YOU think...

Oh, I don't doubt he'll show up in some capacity. Perhaps I should have just said Phoenix Wright isn't the star of this one. (OR IS HE?)    

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
RE:Gyakuten Saiban 4 (the Phoenix Wright game that's sans-Phoenix Wright)
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 11:34:23 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering
[L=
...That's right. No Phoenix in this one. And no underage female psychic sidekick, either. (There's an underage female magician sidekick, instead.)

I was a bit worried about losing the adorable female sidekick for a minute, but Minuki appears pretty adorable in her own right.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 02:20:39 PM »
Indeed. Though the most interesting thing in the trailer is something else (bit of a spoiler)....

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 08:29:19 PM »
Excited... Yes and no.  If you read my review of the one we have here.  I found "Rise From the Ashes" the worse episode.  All the others I really enjoyed.  That one I did not.  So a whole game with episodes like that I wouldn't enjoy.  No if its like the original episodes with a few enhancements I'm all in.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 03:33:18 PM »
Oh? Rise from the Ashes is tied with Turnabout Goodbyes for my personal favorite episode. There were a handful of really annoying design decisions, but I loved the story, the bad guy, and the DS-specific features (especially the security video where you had to point stuff out.)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 03:54:42 PM »
Personally I like all those parts but I thought their was to much of having to show every item of evidence to everyone to get a clue.  The logic that so well tied the others together so that you weren't lost and for the most part had a rough idea what to do was not their.  That was the only one I had to go to Gamefaqs about.  I be like I know I have to talk to this guy.  Everyone says I have to talk to this guy but he's no where to be found and I talked with everyone.  Lo and Behold I needed to talk to the Chief that was part of the background.  Lots of stuff like that.  It needed more condensed I think.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 04:29:43 PM »
Yes. Those two things were exactly what I was thinking of when I mentioned annoying design decisions.

There was also the thing where you could show the judge the correct piece of evidence at the correct time, and he'd refuse it until the game arbitrarily decided that you had been given enough information to figure out that was what you needed to do. (Though that one didn't affect me on my first play-through, because I'm a dummy and didn't figure it out until the game spoon-fed it to me. But still.)

I think (hope) that stupid stuff like that was the result of the episode being rushed, though, so I'm not too worried about the fourth game.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 04:44:42 PM »
Yeah I didn't like that either.  I'm like this is the piece of evidence that will proves this.  It fits... Argg.....

Hopefully it was just a case of it being rush.  If this games turns out like the original episodes.  I'm all in.  Though I'll probably just rent it because I don't see me playing it again.  (I'm one of those people who only watches a movie or series once.  It's not as enjoyable all the other times.)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 02:52:40 PM »
Don't blame the game for being too smart for you...

Maybe it's just because I'm an experienced point-and-clicker, but I'm used to checking out the supposedly "inactive" background for clues...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 05:39:14 PM »
It was just very different from the other four in that way.  Clues and interactions where separated.  Clues in background and interactions where foreground.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 12:08:09 PM »
I'm going to be half off-topic, I'm currently listening to "Gyakuten Saiban Orchestra Album ~Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra~".
Btw, it is excellent.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 04:13:16 PM »
Where does one get hands on such a gem cost effectively?

Edit: (Going out on a limb and assuming it's an import and I can't just waltz into a store in the US and pick it up)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 05:07:26 PM »
My guess is he found it and downloaded it...(like I did, whoops! And yes, it's awesome stuff... )

Offline wandering

• View Profile
You can buy it for 30 bucks here (no idea if the site is trustworthy.) The sample they provide sounds very, very nice.

I hope they give this guy a name at least half as cool as Pheonix Wright.

Well, the Japanese name (Housuke Odoroki) translates to "Lawboy Surprise" ...I'm very curious to see how they translate it. "Charlie Prise", perhaps?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
RE: Gyakuten Saiban 4 (Phoenix Wright!)
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 02:09:38 PM »
I didn't think Pheonix Wrights name in Japanese was the same thing.  Though something similar. Sir Lobey Prise.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
RE: Gyakuten Saiban 4 (Phoenix Wright!)
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2007, 03:50:36 PM »
Doing quite well in Japan... as it's topping the charts

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
RE:Gyakuten Saiban 4 (Phoenix Wright!)
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 06:36:21 PM »
The new famitsu says it sold around 250,000 copies the first week. jesus christ :pwn: