Author Topic: Staff Sez #8: Dream Club Nintendo Rewards  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Staff Sez #8: Dream Club Nintendo Rewards
« on: August 30, 2012, 10:11:40 PM »

If you could choose one reward to be added to the Club Nintendo catalog, what would it be?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/31493

"Club Nintendo" is the moniker for Nintendo's customer loyalty program in Japan, the USA, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. This means that the program unites people from all the world in their jealousy of each other over rewards that aren't available in their home country's Club Nintendo program.

But perhaps another way it unites gamers is in their (insatiable?) desire for more exotic, more extraordinary prizes to become available. Nintendo World Report staffers were asked what rewards they'd love to see become available and the results are listed below, though only after much gnashing of teeth.

Carmine "Pink Animal Crossing Fan" Red

300 new coins for 600 old ones: rollover expiring balances!

Nicholas "Handmade Tenugui Cloths" Bray

Dinner with Miyamoto, one millions coins.

Neal "Giant Mii AR Card" Ronaghan

The Zelda CDi games.

James "Mario Kart 7 Trophy - Special" Dawson

The Mario Kart 7 replica trophies for 1200 coins each.

J.P. "Grill-Off with Ultra Hand!" Corbran

A Golden Balance Board.

Zach "Mario Game Rack" Miller

Lady palutena figure. 1/8 scale. 1200 points!

James "Nintendo DSi sock (white with black trim)" Charlton

Gold N64 controller, but with a GCN stick! 100 coins.

Andrew "Star Tenbirion Tumbler Puzzle" Brown

A patch for Wario and Waluigi in NSMB2. 600 coins.

Aaron "Gold Nunchuk" Kaluszka

Star Fox 2 or EarthBound Virtual Console disc, 800 coins.

Ariel "Wii Super NES Classic Controller" Ruff

Mother 3 eShop download, 0 coins... for making us wait.

Alexander "Bowser Wallpaper" Culafi

I want Club Nintendo to be shut down.

Danny "Custom Mii Digicam Print Channel Business Cards" Bivens

N64DD Virtual Console games. Epic win!

Josh "Metroid Other M Ringtone 1" Max

Your own Pikmin Onion with pellets. 500 coins.

Minoru "Super Mario Galaxy 2 Original Soundtrack" Yamaizumi

VVVVVV and other awesome NA downloadable titles for Japanese gamers.

Jared "Blue Terrycloth Towel" Rosenberg

Wave Race 64 Branded Personal Water Craft, 20,000 Coins

Scott "Club Nintendo Original Polo Shirt 2012" Thompson

Wii U release date, 100,000 coins.

What rewards and prizes do YOU, dear reader, wish would become available on Club Nintendo, and just how many coins or stars would you be willing to dole out to get them?

Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Staff Sez #8: Dream Club Nintendo Rewards
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 10:37:07 PM »
Coins earned after platinum roll-over to next years count towards gold or platinum
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline TurdFurgy

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 10:54:17 PM »
ACTION FIGURES!

Offline pureval

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
Soundtrack CDS. Heck I am willing to pay cash for them, let alone coins.

Offline Ailingforale

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • The Video Game Backlog
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 11:40:47 PM »
Soundtracks would be awesome, but I'd also like some more classic NES games that are already on the Wii available on my 3DS (adventures of lolo).
TheVideoGameBacklog.com

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 09:15:10 AM »
Lady palutena figure. 1/8 scale. 1200 points!

First reaction: that would be pretty awesome.
Second reaction: why do I know who posted this without seeing the name first?

I want Club Nintendo to be shut down.

Harsh... Is there any particular reason why you don't want free stuff?

My dream reward is something that isn't expensive to make or ship, so might actually happen: CD Soundtracks.  I totally would've bought a Mario Galaxy soundtrack, or Kid Icarus Uprising, or Zelda, or Donkey Kong Country Returns, or Rayman Origins (I know, not Nintendo... but still awesome). Maybe NoA is worried that nobody will buy them after one person rips the CD and makes it available for download?

That said, I've been happy ever since downloadable digital games were turned into rewards. The selection is better some months than others, but good enough that I've spent hours enjoying games I would've missed otherwise.  (8 games purchased through Club Nintendo, 4 beaten already, 1 yet to be played, and only 1 where I would rather have kept the coins in retrospect.)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:18:47 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Hey Einstein!

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 10:16:55 AM »
As a European.... I would like some downloadable games or credit I can spend on the eshop. For those unaware they currently have a ridiculous system of release wii points in small numbers that go very quickly. It's daft and you can't spend them on the eshop which is all I want right now. All that branded plastic tat they give away is not for me.

Offline John Kreese

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 04:41:54 PM »
North America's Club Nintendo seems to be falling by the wayside.  I don't know if they're ramping up for the Wii U launch or what, but I'm not holding my breath.  Every time another milestone passes with no significant additions to the catalog (3DS launch, major game releases, anniversaries, new Elite year, 3DS XL launch), the situation looks more and more bleak. 

I've ordered nearly every major (by my own personal arithmetic) reward they've put up there with my ever-ebbing-and-flowing pile of coins, but I wouldn't say I've ever gotten anything really special or cool from CN, outside of the Game & Watch that everyone else apparently thought was lame or too expensive. 

I guess the lesson to be learned is this: if Club Nintendo was kinda lame when NOA was in full money-printing mode three years ago, it's not gonna be any better when they engage Omega Belt-Tightening Forme.  I mean, they didn't even make full packs of Kid Icarus AR cards available.  Instead, they gave them away at GameStop to the sorts of nimrods whose gaming is done exclusively with fake fishing rod controller add-ons, and will take anything free to further increase the size of the gigantic pile of garbage they maintain in their shanty. Nintendo isn't going to make anything cool available through their customer loyalty program; they can't even afford to think at this point.

For my own sanity, I should probably stop my habit of checking the site daily for hot, limited-edition runs of fanboy dream prizes.  Right.  OOH, WHAT IF THEY JUST ADDED THE OFFICIAL TWILIGHT PRINCESS ZELDA BLOW-UP DOLL (ONLY 15 AVAILABLE)?!  GOTTA GO CHECK!!!
This is a karate dojo, not a knitting class.

Offline pololmejor

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 05:12:12 PM »
haha ok this is a tough one... Maybe... probabbly a dinner with Miyamoto and the personal branded water craft. 64DD only if I would get a phisical version with or without games