Author Topic: Why not a wait a while for the second zelda?  (Read 4847 times)

Offline TheGlueBubble

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Why not a wait a while for the second zelda?
« on: March 23, 2003, 03:29:07 AM »
I've been hearing  that there will be another GC Zelda, and I don't really want one. I think that with the new consoles maybe 2-3 years away, they could wait and put out the second zelda as a launch title for the GC2. What do you guys think?
GC games: Wind Waker, OOT/MQ, Ikaruga, Mario Sunshine, SSBM,  Resident Evil, Timesplitters 2, Animal Crossing

Offline SmellySocks

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 07:20:19 AM »
I would tend to agree with that, BUT it could be like the case with N64.  I wouldn't mind having another side-story of sorts.  I don't want to get TOO much Zelda on one console.  I would rather wait for another revolutionary Zelda title instead of just a bi-annual regular edition.  
What's that smell?

Offline TheGlueBubble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 11:57:31 AM »
I would love the game and buy it no matter what system it's for, but a Zelda game at launch could really kick-start and move systems. Having a killer app at launch makes a huge deal. Just look at Halo and Mario 64.
GC games: Wind Waker, OOT/MQ, Ikaruga, Mario Sunshine, SSBM,  Resident Evil, Timesplitters 2, Animal Crossing

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 01:51:15 PM »
if they can do both then why not?
2 great Zelda's on one system would nothave me complaining one bit.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2003, 12:05:31 AM »
If they can churn out another Zelda before the generation is out, so be it, and good for us.
As long as it's not anbother side-story that is too short, and is as epic as people say Wind Waker is, then I'll be happy.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2003, 12:41:17 PM »
It could matter less to me.  Whatever system it comes out on, I'll get it.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2003, 04:33:09 AM »
Wind Waker Master Quest  :-D

Offline theaveng

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2003, 04:33:10 AM »

Offline theaveng

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2003, 04:33:11 AM »

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2003, 11:14:58 AM »
You should probably get that fixed. . . you've been doing multiposts quite a bit, whatever the problem is. . .
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2003, 06:23:30 PM »
it amy be intentional..... probable loads slow, so keeps clicking.  Anyway I agree, wait for next Zelda, there is no way to top the look we have now, i say either make another cel-shade, or wait and make a new game for release just as creative and new, if it is possible.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2003, 01:25:59 PM »
How about... We get another Zelda on GameCube... And then ANOTHER Zelda on the next system?! Whoo!

I just hope it is much more difficult than Wind Waker (the only true flaw WW has, in my opinion)

"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline DevilishDude

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2003, 02:18:31 PM »
I think they should have 2 zeldas on each console. They have two on nes and two on n64 and that was enough. Half the fun of a new zelda game is waiting for it to come out and chatting on message boards about it
:: My name Smeedle
:: Tingle, Tingle... Koolah Limpah! These are the magic words Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!

:: Homestar Runner Quote Of The Week:
:: Ow! My Stomach Lining

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2003, 08:08:58 PM »

Originally posted by: theaveng

That would so rock! But don't just make the dungeons more difficult. Make there be many many more of them too! There should be a dungeon for every major objective in the game, i.e. one for every triforce chart, shard, and a mega dungeon to assemble all the shards (a cool triforce cutscene wouldn't hurt once that particular dungeon is beaten). Also, include more weather effects. Hurricanes! Tsunamis! You get the idea. Just raise the difficulty level of this game from average to mega-freaking-insane.
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2003, 01:28:26 AM »
I reckon the only way Nintendo can make Zelda "reolutionary" again is if they do the whole realistic approach.
They said that by making a fully 3D realistic Zelda, you would notice all the things that makes it UNrealistic, like objects going/showing through walls and such. You know what I'm talking about.
All the reasons why they went with the cartoon look.
Well, why not try to fix ALL these problems and make the most realistically real game ever!!!!

Now not only would it be revolutionary, it will draw in MILLIONS of people.  
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2003, 11:07:15 PM »
they could do a very realalist zelda, but, thats a big step.  First off all, would he be adult or kid. (I posted somewhere that the links from OoT, how they split at the end, should have to come back together in a new game, to restore complete power and lead the way to the final 2 zeldas.  Think of the crazy puzzles. and character diffrences.)  Anyway  I don't know how i would like it being toooo realalistic.  I think if it cam out with graphics like RE i would be dissapointed.  They would HAVE to do the graphics low key to make it feel like zelda, or only improve slightly.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2003, 11:59:32 AM »
Why not just put the whole Zelda world on the shelf for a while and do something different?  Start a brand-new series with new characters and some edgier content.  Retain the Zelda gameplay, but make the content closer to something you'd get from a Square Enix RPG.

silks
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2003, 01:47:26 PM »
gotta go with silks.  wait til the next console.  as for that zelda, i've always liked the idea of cel shading Koholint (link's awaking) and being able to switch in and out of the wind fishes dream (like the light world dark world thing)  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa