Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 1057426 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals for 3DS, DS & GBA
« Reply #2675 on: March 03, 2013, 04:02:22 PM »
From what I hear, as far as touch-screen controls in a platformer go, the ones in Mutant Mudds are done very well. I can't go back and play it that way after having it on the 3DS with real controls, but by iPhone standards the game's very well done. Plenty of people have a higher tolerance for those kind of controls than I do.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: March 03, 2013, 04:17:46 PM »
If the controls are bad enough that it justifies marking the game down 90%, then they must be pretty bad. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: March 03, 2013, 05:12:53 PM »
The controls weren't what made them mark down the game; being on the iPhone is what did that. It was either put it out at 99 cents or don't put it out at all.

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: March 03, 2013, 05:16:04 PM »
Mutant Mudds is an infinitely better value at $9 on the 3DS than it is at $1 on the iPhone because the 3DS game has physical controls. The game is wildly overpriced on mobile platforms when you factor in the touch controls.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: March 03, 2013, 05:29:19 PM »
And I stand by that, but that's not why it's priced that way, just my reasoning for how that price makes sense. You can't charge $9 for an iOS game. It won't sell.

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: March 03, 2013, 05:57:29 PM »
You said the game was overpriced at 99 cents because the controls were that bad.

Now, you say the controls aren't that bad and the pricing of the game has nothing to do with the controls.

But why take your word for it?  Why not go straight to the horse's mouth?

Quote from: Jools himself
I knew it could not be priced as high as the Nintendo eShop version, due to lack of buttons and 3D, but I was not sure how much lower I should go.

He then goes on to explain why he doesn't feel his game was good enough to charge some of the "premium" prices that are charged for some games on iOS (that would have put the title more in-line with the 3DS pricing).

Sure, the iOS ecosystem is a different beast, but, for example, he talks about how pricing the game at $1.99 risks less than 50% of the sales of pricing it at 99 cents.

To that, I say, if he had priced it at 99 cents on the eShop, I bet he would have gotten more sales off it than he did actual sales (not including give-aways) off iOS total.

And we've seen that - with Gunman Clive sales in comparison to the iOS and Android releases.

I wonder if Jools would ever be willing to release sales figures for Mutant Mudds like Hörberg did for Gunman Clive.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: March 03, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »
None of this sounds like an amazing deal to me!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: March 03, 2013, 08:15:49 PM »

Skylanders figures, Buy One, Get One 40% off at TRU this week. :D

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2683 on: March 03, 2013, 08:22:20 PM »
Does the $160 3DSXL at Canadian Walmarts qualify?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: March 03, 2013, 09:15:51 PM »

Capcom ported Mega Man 2 to the iPhone and are selling it for less than it costs on either Nintendo platform it's available on.
i played it actually on the ipod touch years ago(back when i was stupid)
i think getting to the end of the first wily's castle with the stupid dragon on a touchscreen is one of my greatest achievements in gaming
but its also a testament to how great that game is that i put up with it for so long. i'd get the 3DS version but im on an all out boycott of non-handheld games on the handheld vc.(screw you reggie)

Offline jvgsjeff

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • JVGS
Re: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #2685 on: March 11, 2013, 07:31:05 PM »
Amazon currently has Batman: Arkham City: Armored Edition (Wii U) for $29.99. That's half off the normal price!

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: March 11, 2013, 09:04:20 PM »
Dealzon says that the normal price is 49.99, so not quite half the price, but still a good deal.

Offline jvgsjeff

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • JVGS
« Reply #2687 on: March 13, 2013, 06:51:22 PM »
Well Amazon lists the normal price as $59.99, and I've seen it at that price elsewhere as well. But it's a good deal regardless. Amazon isn't the only one having a sale on the game; it's $29.99 at Best Buy this week as well.

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #2688 on: March 18, 2013, 11:10:19 AM »
Rhythm Heaven Fever is available on Amazon for $12.

http://www.amazon.com/Rhythm-Heaven-Fever-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B006L1FAK2/

Bit.Trip.Complete is available for less than $10 as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Cit-Trip-Complete-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0058CA4S8/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:11:52 AM by ThomasO »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: March 18, 2013, 02:06:21 PM »
Best Buy has DarkSiders II for a mere $19.99!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Darksiders+II+-+Nintendo+Wii+U/5768801.p;jsessionid=DEA7161DD193D1D037E1CF8C84B52EBB.bbolsp-app01-196?id=1218692159965&skuId=5768801&st=darksiders%20ii&lp=2&cp=1

Just in time for the release of Monster Hunter, Lego City Stories, Need For Speed, and Walking Dead, Target is doing a buy two get one free deal! PLUS, buy a WiiU Deluxe and get a $50 gift card!

http://weeklyad.target.com/spokane-wa-99218/homepage

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: March 18, 2013, 07:05:25 PM »
Bought Bit Trip, always heard good things about those games and I only ever played one of the demos..

Tried buying Darksiders but they're not shipping and the closest pick-up location just isn't that close to make it worth the deal. Sucks.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: March 19, 2013, 03:21:28 PM »
EA is having a blowout sale on Origin!

All Wii U titles are currently $29.99 with free shipping!

Mass Effect 3
Need for Speed Most Wanted U
FIFA Soccer 13
Madden NFL 13

Several Wii games also on sale!

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.8832500/childCategoryID.8832500

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: March 19, 2013, 03:25:24 PM »
lol... servers getting hammered.  I can't get checked out for Need For Speed... ;)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: March 20, 2013, 02:05:12 PM »
Punch Out only 30cents on Wii U eShop for the moment. I will crosspost this, simply because this is a need to know thing. Or ill put it in my signature.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: March 20, 2013, 04:27:29 PM »
Punch Out only 30cents on Wii U eShop for the moment. I will crosspost this, simply because this is a need to know thing. Or ill put it in my signature.
Shouldn't it be that price for the next month, considering it was one of the games I the $0.30 list?

thanks for letting us know that it's live now. I've been waiting patiently.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:29:12 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: April 03, 2013, 08:56:44 AM »
Bestbuy has some WII U deals going on next week (4/7-4/13).

Assassin's Creed III for ($30)
Batman Arkham City Armored Edition ($20)

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: April 08, 2013, 06:25:25 PM »
Gamestop restocked a bunch of used Gamecube games about an hour ago.  They're all 75% off plus the code 15FREE takes off another 15% plus free shipping if the order is over $30 (based on the original price, not the discounted price).  Most of the good stuff disappeared within minutes but I managed to pick up Sonic Mega Collection, Starfox, Namco Museum, Pinball Hall Of Fame, and WWE Day Of Reckoning 2 for just under $10.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: April 08, 2013, 08:43:40 PM »
I snagged a copy of Mario Party 6, Odama and Burnout (based on recommendations after playing NFS).

For kicks, threw all the $1.99 titles in my cart, upped the qty to the highest available (26 games total) and tacked on the 15FREE promo code.  $8.88 for everything.  Didn't bite.  Don't need seven copies of Madden '05.

Keep checking back, they've been throwing up loads of GCN titles all at once over the past couple of weeks.

Buyer Beware - last batch I ordered, about half of them didn't work.  Easy to take 'em back to get a refund, but just make sure you test them as soon as you get 'em in so you don't go over the return period.  Also, when they say disc only, they mean disc only.  Virtually every one I ordered was in a generic case, generic insert, no manual.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: April 09, 2013, 03:56:17 PM »
Just got back from Fred Meyer and they have 3DS XLs for 169.99

Been hunting for a deal on one so we jumped. No idea how long this deal will last. Had hoped for a Mario Kart XL bundle which is scarce in the area but this is a lot cheaper and we don't feel the pressing need to get the new Mario Kart. As my wife puts it, "We already have lots of Mario Karts". I'll find it at a deal down the road.

Happy Hunting.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: April 09, 2013, 06:17:27 PM »
Stratos don't forget about nintendo's promotion going on.