Author Topic: More Capcom rumors  (Read 12177 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« on: February 08, 2003, 08:23:31 PM »
  Supposedly nintendo will announce that Capcom is a 2nd party at E3. Wish i remembered where i saw it.  It does seem to ad up at the moment if you look at the big picture.  Also, Dino crisis 3 would be the last game to be on another system, but it apparently wont be exclusive anymore.  Hopefully it'll be true.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 08:27:05 PM »
Hmm...I sure hope so. There's a chance that Sony might fight this though, but I doubt MS cares too much. Or at least not as much as it does about SEGA. There were rumors about Nintendo buying SEGA, but I don't think MS would stand for that as SEGA is pretty important for exclusive Xbox games.....

More Capcom rumors
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 08:31:43 PM »
After all the lies, false rumors and such like the Megaton thing, I'm not willing to believe such thing unless either Nintendo or Capcom confirms it

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 08:32:10 PM »
Sigh.... Not again, as much as id like to see it i really doubt it.

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2003, 10:06:03 PM »
Hey gamefreak, nice name.

Offline madcow

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2003, 10:21:42 PM »
The Omen, mind giving us a source?

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2003, 10:35:18 PM »
  Wish i could, but i can't remember where i saw it...i looked all over .  It was a couple of days ago, but i know thats what it said..
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2003, 11:00:42 PM »
haha. let's all be Gamefreak!

I saw in Edge's latest issue (the one after the Xbox going the way of Dreamcast issue) a testscreen for the latest spinoff of Resident Evil for PS2. How weird! It's like there's gonna be more spinoff games than the actual games for Gamecube. How sad.
And I just saw at my friend's house this really cool short movie of Streetfighter, starring Jackie Chan. FUNNIEST SH!T EVAH! Download it if you don't already have it! But it reminded me bout the support of Capcom and other various Japanese developers.
Capcom has given us the RE series, two Streetfighter games, and well, that's about it that I know of. Konami has given us zilch. Namco have only made Soul Calibre 2 and Star Fox 'Armarda', both of which ain't even out yet! Sega, well, they've been lukewarm until that blasphemous sports annoucement. And now they suck just as hard. But I forgive Sonic Team and Amusement Vision.
So why are we so hyped about Namco, Capcom, Sega and, I guess Konami supporting us if they've given us so little? I'm sorry, I know I'm speaking out against them but they've done hardly a thing for Gamecube! And yes, there are good games they've made like SMB, RE and , uh, Mickey Mouse, but that's it!

If there is a miracle blowout at E3 from these are more publishers, I will shut up, but until then, I wanna make sure that Sega and EA have been proven wrong that Gamecube WILL have tremendous sales. Please oh please Nintendo, you have such a beautiful machine, but why do you still spite us it with your crappy 'business' decisions and family policy?
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2003, 03:13:29 AM »
it would be nice to see capcom become second party
i wouldnt doubt it because of the capcom 5
also you have to remember that those games probably will not go to any other systems
personally i like the games capcom is giving to the gamecube far better than some on the ps2 and xbox
the only game i would like to see on the gamecube other than the ones we have is devil may cry
personally i thought that was a great game
dino crisis never appealed to me as much but if it came on the gamecube i'd give it a shot
onimusha was alright but i prefered devil may cry
hopefully they do become second party
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Blade

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2003, 04:17:06 AM »
I'd like to see Capcom as a 2nd-party to Nintendo, but not 1st-party. I don't condone MS' purchases, and the same goes for Nintendo.

If Capcom wants to detact from Nintendo, they can in a 2nd-party agreement. Not in a 1st-party one, of course.
Blade
"Disney announces th' Lion King II: Simba's Pride.. now with EXTRA subliminal sexual innuendo! Yippee!"

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2003, 06:09:27 AM »
I think Nintendo's first party setup is perfect right now the way it is (NST, Retro, Silicon Knights, EAD, HAL, Intelligent Systems). Another 2nd party would be nice to replace Rare. And yeah I guess Capcom would be good, but, Rare was a developer. Capcom is a huge publisher with a load of it's own franchises and all. Do they really want to be controlled by Nintendo. They might want to make games for Nintendo, but I'm sure they want be their own company. I doubt Nintendo will buy Capcom. Instead I think they will form a partnership of some sort (if anything happens at all).

Offline olimario

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2003, 06:11:42 AM »

Capcom will not be Nintendo second party.
Factor 5 maybe... Oh my sweet sweet factor 5
oli

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2003, 06:15:28 AM »
Factor 5 seems to be in a "silent" exclusive agreement of some sort. I'm not sure Nintendo has payed them or anything, but they just seem to be making exclusive games as if it were natural for them or something. Also, they are behind the Gamecube's sound system and was a big company during gamecube's creation. And seeing that they are a small company, I think that they've decided the GCN is there home and spent all their time learning how to develop for GCN. (like rare did until they were sold off haha....but they've got like 200 people....well about 50 left after MS bought them).
Only problem with Factor 5 is that they are like 10 people so we can't expect many games from then.

Oh and lets not forget Zoonami. Zoonami as a second party would be great.  

Offline olimario

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2003, 06:18:24 AM »

Zoonami is sounding a lot like Retro.
Depending on the quality and success of Game Zero, Nintendo may buy them out.
oli

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2003, 06:19:34 AM »
Well not really. Retro was backed by Nintendo all along. Zoonami is sort of holding their own... Zoonami reminds me more of Free Radical.

Offline olimario

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2003, 06:22:01 AM »

Not to me...
It seems Nintendo did a little bit of work to get Game Zero exclusive to the GameCube.

I think Nintendo has faith in Zoonami...just not franchise whoring faith.
I would not be suprised if Zoonami was purchased.
oli

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2003, 08:20:43 AM »
Nintendo is definetely letting money flow into Zoonami, wonder what theyre working on.
Capcom 2nd party would be the best thing ever for Nintendo, after all, they are awesome and capable of making GCN games look just as good as Xbox games (if not better).

BTW, which is the real game_freak333 from the old boards.
LZ 2005

Offline GoldShadow

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2003, 08:20:55 AM »
I'm not sure if this fits with the topic, but I'm wondering why RE was GC-exclusive anyway.  I mean, think about it:  the RE remake was almost entirely pre-rendered!  It would be  the easiest port known to man to come to PS2 (and on one disc, as well).  I'm sure it would sell quite well on that system.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2003, 08:31:23 AM »
Because Nintendo gave Capcom money, or they had a deal atleast(which usually means money).Thats why RE4 is still exclusive whereas the other Capcom games are not(although im sure Nintendo will scoop those up aswell, perhaps even some Capcom
LZ 2005

Offline uwvark

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2003, 08:40:07 AM »
I take that news with a grain of salt. Although you can't rule anything out these days I'd still like to hear it from them officially rather than by someone I don't know on a message board.
POWER, WISDOM, & COURAGE

Offline ShanD

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2003, 08:45:21 AM »
OMG MEgATON~!!!!11q!1!1!!!iu!!!!!!!!11!!!one

Seriously, I really doubt that though, but with Microsoft buying Rare, anything is possible.
hay guyzz wuts goin on in dis sig

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2003, 08:49:33 AM »
Ive learned not to believe anything these days until I see it written. It could very well be possible, but Nintendo are unpredictable.
LZ 2005

Offline Ace

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2003, 12:13:14 PM »
Hemmorroid, Nobody writes anything anymore.  They're all into this typing thing.  I personally think it's the wave of the future. lol
You say fanboy like it's a bad thing

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2003, 04:01:47 PM »

BTW, which is the real game_freak333 from the old boards.

That would be me. *points to sig*

Offline JSR

• View Profile
More Capcom rumors
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2003, 04:38:44 PM »
I'm back from my trip and my how the forums have grown! I'm glad to be back. I like the new emotions

Mario - Wait, you're game_freak333? Then who's GameFreak (on this forum)? I'm so confused

Now, to be on topic: I really don't think this will happen. It might, but any rumor with "Capcom" and "Nintendo" in the same sentence (so far) is wrong. It would be really nice though!
It's Random and It's Nintendo - Random Nintendo