Author Topic: Reggie Bombs Dropping  (Read 11546 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE: Reggie Bombs Dropping
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2005, 08:45:59 PM »
I'd like to have a clear cut yes or no on Mario Kart DS going online too, but Nintendo just doesn't want to answer.  Obviously Nintendo knows Mario Kart is a good choice for an online gmae--its' a great multiplayer game.  I think Mario has the right idea: the last thing Nintendo wants to do is release a flagship title like Mario Kart online if it will be anything less than a seamless online experience.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Famicom

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2005, 03:36:58 AM »

Now, our system will truly be powerful. ATI and IBM are fantastic partners, they make fantastic products, and certainly Revolution will be substantially more powerful than all of the systems on the market today.

Now THAT'S a bold statement. While I'm really leaning towards "hot air" on that one, I can't wait to see how Reggie and Nintendo plan to back that up.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2005, 03:47:22 AM »
He's talking about how it will be substantially more powerful than the Xbox, GameCube, or PS2. In which case, that's a given...we already knew that. He's not trying to say that it'll blow the Xenon or PS3 out of the water....I think you mis-read.  
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Reggie Bombs Dropping
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2005, 03:47:44 AM »
I agree with what others have said
I belive animal crossing will be the testing ground
But I really dont know how animal crossing ds will work....will u visit other towns or is it just item trading? and whos save will u be using when u visit... would be cool for online multiplayer nes games thu *drool*

Offline - NintendoFan -

• hay sup dudez i liek teh nintendo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2005, 03:48:12 AM »

We want them to leave feeling that "Wow, Zelda is going to be as huge hit and I want it now. And I'm going to go to my local retailer and put a deposit for the super premium edition of the game," which we'll make available.

Now, I like the sound of that.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2005, 03:57:33 AM »

Originally posted by: DeadlyD
I agree with what others have said
I belive animal crossing will be the testing ground
But I really dont know how animal crossing ds will work....will u visit other towns or is it just item trading? and whos save will u be using when u visit... would be cool for online multiplayer nes games thu *drool*

My God! That would be nuts!

I think the whole train station aspect will come into play here. You go to the train station, it gives you and updated list of towns and then you visit the one you want. That's when you interact and item trade.......or hit up the muliplayer nes games .

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2005, 08:26:35 AM »
I'll be getting a special edition Zelda, since I planned on pre-ordering anyway.

And this may be the first Animal Crossing I get, if someone I know gets it as well.  Or perhaps I could trade around with you butt-heads.  I'll think about it, there are so many games for the DS that I want.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline joeposh

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2005, 10:21:48 AM »
I doubt Animal Crossing is just Nintendo's way of "testing the waters" of online gaming. Reggie made it clear that they've been focused on developing an effective internal infastructure for online gaming before they move into it. The fact that they have announced Animal Crossing DS and built in Wi-Fi for the Revolution means that they've developed the effective model that they lacked with the Gamecube. Thus online gaming isn't a "testing ground" or an "appealing idea" at this point, it's something that is going to be heavily emphasized in the future. I believe that Animal Crossing is just the tip of the iceberg. Starting with E3 I think we're gonna find out just how dedicated Nintendo really is to this idea... and I think many people are gonna be pleasently surprised.

Offline xts3

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2005, 11:11:56 AM »
They can talk all they want about revolution but without the games the system wont budge when the PS3 and Xbox2 are being released.  Especially with Xbox2 being released before both PS3 and Nintendo's Revolution.

Backwards compatability is nice but killer apps are a must or else Nintendo is going to go to 3rd place again while Xbox 2 takes North america as decisive #2 behind PS3.  Xbox live is going to be way more mature then any other console and its going to be good.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2005, 11:27:58 AM »
As said before, this can't be about testing the waters, not if Nintendo's developing an infrastructure.

I think Mario Kart is most likely a latency problem.

I like how Zelda will be playable at E3. And the super special preorder edition better be gold.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2005, 07:38:35 PM »
Super premium edition Zelda huh?  Well I was planning on buying it at release anyway.  But I wasn't planning on pre-ordering since that means I would have to support some jerk store like EB instead of the local store I usually buy my games from (who doesn't do pre-orders).  So it will be a challenge of sorts to get the special edition without having to deal with certain undesirable retailers but nonetheless it's a good idea.  This concept was hugely successful with Halo 2 what with midnight madness releases and such.  Surely Zelda deserves better than Halo.

Though it's going to be hard to top Wind Waker's pre-order bonus.  How can they top including an unreleased Master Quest of Ocarina of Time?

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2005, 07:53:07 PM »
"How can they top including an unreleased Master Quest of Ocarina of Time?"

I can think of a few ways, none of them financially feasible. They'll probably just offer the same deal again.

Edit: I'd be happy with just a gold disc and case... anything else is a bonus. I want my gold Zelda.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2005, 08:04:08 PM »
"They'll probably just offer the same deal again."

Well I really hope not.  That's even lamer than not having any sort of bonus or special edition.  Plus any serious Zelda fan already has the Master Quest disc and serious Zelda fans are the ones who are going to be most interested in any special edition.

Personally I'd love to see a an exclusive demo dungeon.  I don't mean like a demo where you play a chunk of the real game.  I mean that in the demo you explore a dungeon that's not in the final game.  It's just extra content.  Hell it could just be a blatant copy of a previous Zelda game dungeon done with the new game's graphics.  That's probably not feasible but it would be really cool.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2005, 01:45:29 AM »
All I have to say is that Animal Crossing better support voice chat via the mic or headset port.

Too bad Metroid Hunters is confirmed to not have Wi-Fi Unless they change the plan of course... But Mario Kart still likes likely. Since Reggie says Q4 is when the online will bust out and Kart is Q4...

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2005, 05:57:18 AM »
"All I have to say is that Animal Crossing better support voice chat via the mic or headset port."

No way. That would just lead to SO many annoyances, hinder creative conversation, and completely ruin the illusion the game strives to create.
Leave it all text based, Nintendo, PLEASE!
With the stylus typing in text will be a breeze.
Instant messaging is so popular today people will naturally take to it.
Of course an automatic spell-checker would be a welcome feature.  

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2005, 06:11:32 AM »
Zelda Bonus should include the soundtrack, maybe some art also. I don't really want anything else playable, as in a demo dungeon. A soundtrack would be perfect.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2005, 06:15:04 AM »
That would be awesome, but if you got it beforehand I'm not sure I want to listen to the music before I get the game.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2005, 06:44:46 AM »
True, I wouldn't eithr. It should be in the game once you recieve it. An art booklet could be a nice accesory if you have to have something in hand once you pre-order.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2005, 08:10:41 PM »
An art book akin to the one received through Tales of Symphonia preorders would be fantastic, though a soundtrack or interviews with the developers would be just as cool...And yes, it must be gold... ^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline uwvark

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2005, 04:34:46 AM »
Thank you for lniking me to all these interviews. I like to read my stories from as many different angles as possible.
POWER, WISDOM, & COURAGE