Author Topic: Alien Infestation  (Read 2113 times)

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
Alien Infestation
« on: August 29, 2011, 05:38:06 AM »
Normally I'm not even aware of the existence of licensed properties such as this, but Alien Infestation has caught my eye, mostly because it's a Metroidvania type game being developed by WayForward. Jeremy Parish wrote a lovely preview of it a month ago and he makes the game sound like everything I'm looking for in life. (You can read that preview here: http://www.1up.com/previews/aliens-infestation-metroidvania-game-by-mind-readers)

From the sounds of it, WayForward understands what works with both the Metroidvania genre and the Alien films. Even more exciting are the wholly new additions to the genre that this game looks to be making. I already love this game.

On a side note, it's interesting to me that Metroid's main filmic influence was Alien and now we have an Alien game who's biggest influence is Metroid. But everyone loves a good circle jerk, yeah?

Offline DanielM

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Alien Infestation
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 12:02:55 PM »
Yah it doesn't look too bad. But I think I'll wait until Colonial Marines on WiiU to get my Alien fix.
Daniel Mousseau
Web Programmer

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 02:26:16 PM »

Just this morning I was thinking that the only problem* with 3DS is the lack of software. Then I saw a preview for Alien Infestation - what great timing! I really like WayForward's games. They always have great animation and solid gameplay. Outside of Starfox 64 3D (which has serious nostalgia for me), Alien Infestation is probably the most interesting title I've seen coming out this year.

*Ok, "biggest problem". The battery life is clearly a problem as well.
NNID: ejamer

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 04:45:27 PM »
Technically it's only a regular DS game but it's still something to play on your 3DS, I suppose.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 09:09:49 PM »
Technically it's only a regular DS game but it's still something to play on your 3DS, I suppose.

Obviously I didn't read the previews closely enough. Now I'm very disappointed.
NNID: ejamer