Author Topic: Official NFL Discussion: If You Only Count The Legal Points, KC Wins  (Read 370464 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Official NFL Discussion: insanolord's hope for the Browns comes here to die
« Reply #725 on: February 03, 2014, 12:08:11 AM »
I think the Harlem Globetrotters would have scored more points than the Broncos tonight.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 03, 2014, 04:17:20 AM »
GO HAWKS!

This game meant a lot to me. It helped that my family has worked for the team in various capacities since the 2nd year it was in existence. The photo below is me (the handsome fellow on the right) holding the NFC Championship trophy in the middle of my living room. Who knows, perhaps I'll have another picture with the Lombardi Trophy sometime in the near future, or at least with a very nice Super Bowl ring.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:08:29 PM by jrlibrarian »
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #727 on: February 03, 2014, 06:01:00 AM »
In accordance with Superb Owl rules I switched to something more entertaining1 with about a minute and a half left in the first quarter since I don't get the commercials.

Looks like I chose wisely.

1 Tales of Xillia, specifically
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 03, 2014, 09:31:40 AM »
Yeah, it seemed like on paper that Denver should have won, but I've said since the beginning of the season that Seattle was going to win the Superb Owl.

On a side note, there weren't any good commercials last night, which was very disappointing. The Doritos ones were okay, but the rest were terrible.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 03, 2014, 11:24:29 AM »
Its because they are trying too hard. They are screaming "Look at me! I am a Superbowl commercial because I am bizarre and cool while also being soulful and inspiring.!"
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 03, 2014, 03:14:17 PM »
YYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I never thought it would be such a dominant win for the Hawks.  Hell I was mentally preparing myself for them losing.  The last time a team in the Pacific Northwest won a title was two years before I was born.  I've waited my whole life and it has finally happened!!  YES!!  Now I've got to be a nice guy and not become some entitled jerk like a Patriots fan.  Naturally I want them to win multiple titles but I can't be bummed out if within the next few years they fail to do so.  Realistically I have no right to bitch about the Seahawks, aside from a minor "gee, that sucks", for at least ten years.

Back in 2011 I went on a trip to Italy.  On a train to Venice I sat next to a guy from San Diego.  We talked football and compared the Seahawks and the Chargers.  I was a little embarrassed that my team had just a few months ago made the playoffs with a losing record.  The guy was a USC fan and he said "My boy Pete is going to bring you to the promised land.  Just trust Pete Carroll, you're in good hands."  Well guy from San Diego whose name I don't remember and possibly never knew, you were right and I can't believe it!  Never would I have thought that only three seasons after Beastquake that the Seahawks would be Super Bowl Champions!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 03, 2014, 09:59:05 PM »
Watching on the computer you get pretty regular commercials.  Also it wasn't a very good game for the 1 game that I can watch consistently a year.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 11, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »
Jimmy Haslam's doing what he can to keep this thread's title accurate.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #733 on: February 11, 2014, 06:39:49 PM »
I love how your owner, a Steelers fan, is apparently tanking the team for the benefit of his team. Still, might be time for the NFL to do something along the lines of what the NBA did to Ted Stepien in the early 80s in... Cleveland.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
I just can't take the suspense any longer. I've read literally hundreds of mock drafts at this point and I really just need it to happen now and get it over with.

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I can't wait for the mock drafts to be over, honestly.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
It's been a crazy ride, but the Browns got the QB I wanted, in a completely different way than I expected.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Poor guy.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
He looked so pissed.  Nobody around even seemed remotely happy.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Same look on the face for whoever they tie down and force to replace Iwata.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
The Browns need some players that are good enough to overcome any incompetent management or coaching.  Think of how RGIII, prior to his injury, was making the Redskins a good team despite the general incompetence of the organization.  If Manziel is that sort of player then he can make the Browns good again.  If he needs some nuturing, he is fucked.  His whole career could be ruined.

But I think the Browns made the right call in grabbing him.  They need a qb and at the very least this will attract some attention and hype to their team.  I actually want to see a Browns game on TV just to see how Johnny Football does.  I want him to do well, partially because I have no beef with the Browns so I don't need to see them fail, and partially because a lot of annoying people are saying he won't be able to cut it and so to spite them I'll openly cheer for him.  I really don't like how he gets flack for not being tall enough, when Russell Wilson just won the fucking Superbowl and Drew Brees won it a few years ago.  If you still think normal sized people can't play quarterback in the NFL you're a damn moron and I'd love to see you look like a jackass. :)

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Yeah, I think a lot of that comes from the pre-draft over analysis.  "His hands are small!" "That guy runs REALLY fast!"  So much of it ends up being meaningless bullshit.  There was one guy who pointed out how crappy a lot of those measurables usually turn out to be.  That guys deserves a Pulitzer or a Peabody, whichever is appropriate.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
I was so damn glad the Eagles didn't pick J.Football.  To those outside of Philly it may have seemed like a no-brainer since we have Nicky Franchise but all the talk this week was if Manzel is there at 22 will the eagles bite. I would have kicked a puppy, many puppies. Hopefully he brings winning back to Cleveland. Lord know they are the only city more starved for a Parade than Philly. 

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Current leader on the Browns in career passing yards and TDs: Tyler Thigoen. And he's likely to be cut. The Browns are probably going to enter the season with a trio of QBs with a combined 3 games of NFL experience. Our defense is really good and our run game looks to be as well, and they're going to need to be.

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I'm liking the Saints' moves more and more.  Payton seems to be replacing the guys we gave up on offense, and Ryan seems happy with the defense.  I'm also really confident in the two undrafted rookies we just signed.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
There's football going on right now, sort of. We're getting close to the start of the season, so my hope for the Browns that I egotistically named this thread after is at its highest point. Who else is excited?

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
I am...but 18 credits this semester so I probably won't be watching much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Gonna watch the games on the big screens at work! Hoping the Hawks make another Superbowl run.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Looking forward to spending another season as a Cheesehead in the Chicago!! Go Pack Go!
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Dick LeBeau expects Johnny Manziel to start week 1 and thinks he's going to be successful in the NFL, or at least he says both of those things. I'm pretty sure he said that just to make me and other Browns fans obsessively overanalyze it for the next month.

J.P. Corbran