Author Topic: Video Footage Showing the Return a Koopa Kid  (Read 16233 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Video Footage Showing the Return a Koopa Kid
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 03:18:35 PM »
The only thing that could make this better is if they could get the people who did the voices in the cartoons to do the voices in the game (sure, they had different names, but it would be cool).
I think Nintendo wants to pretend the cartoons didn't exist, I doubt they'd want there to be any connection between them and the games.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »
just out of curiosity, which staffers are playing and which characters are they controlling?

I was the jackass Mario who died at the end.
It is funny because I played the other boss that was playable (Larry Koopa, I think) and had no trouble by myself. Throw in four players and the boss battles become a lot harder and more chaotic.

So Larry and Morton both being seen pretty much confirms the kids are back. I'm happy.

Also, they never died. Or else we are on Bowser #128 or something because in Super Mario Brothers 1 alone Mario killed him eight times. In the Marioverse, no one dies, they are merely defeated until next time.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »
About damn time Nintendo brought back the Koopalings, Bowser Jr. sucks (which is why I was disappointed when it was discovered that Nintendo planned to use them in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, even making sprites for them, and then took them out).

As for timeline, Nintendo has stated in the past that there is no Mario timeline. They do this so that they don't have to worry about what is "canon" and are free to do what they want with each game being on its own.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 12:59:23 PM »
LEMMY IN 3D **** YES
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 02:03:02 PM »
in Super Mario Brothers 1 alone Mario killed him eight times.

Only once actually, the other ones were impostors, if you kill them with fireballs they turn into different enemies as they fall off the screen, only the last one is the real Bowser.

Offline yoshi1001

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 08:38:22 AM »
The only thing that could make this better is if they could get the people who did the voices in the cartoons to do the voices in the game (sure, they had different names, but it would be cool).
I think Nintendo wants to pretend the cartoons didn't exist, I doubt they'd want there to be any connection between them and the games.

Perhaps, but I think the release of the cartoon box sets over the last few years may have contributed to the decision to bring them back.
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 12:44:06 PM »
WENDY IN 3D **** YES

FIXED FOR FAPS SAKE

;)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 09:53:43 PM »
WENDY IN 3D **** YES

FIXED FOR FAPS SAKE

;)

IGN already pulled that joke :rolleyes:
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 02:41:52 PM »
I should have seen that one coming a mile away.
My Game Collection

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »
Having the Koopalings back in general is pretty fap worthy. ;D

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 02:05:27 PM »
Sooo.... :-\

Who is everyones favorite Koopaling? A lot of them blur together in my mind but I liked the one who climbed up walls. (Morton?) Because I remember having a hard time with him.
My Game Collection

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2009, 03:26:51 PM »
I liked the battle vs Ludwig in SMW though I think from the looks I liked Larry the most. If I recall it correctly, that is, been a LOOOONG time. Oh and I have pretty much zero connection to the SMB3 appearances.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »
Wendy and Roy were the toughest to beat in 3 so I'll go with them.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 03:37:47 PM »
I liked the battle vs Ludwig in SMW though I think from the looks I liked Larry the most. If I recall it correctly, that is, been a LOOOONG time. Oh and I have pretty much zero connection to the SMB3 appearances.

I have trouble remembering as well. I think that means that I need to go play them again.

All of the battles with them in both games are all jumbled up in my brain. I doubt either of them are going to be played on RetroActive so I'll probably get around to it sooner rather than later. I need to get some GBA SMB3 and Mario 64 back from a friend. Except they live about 10 hours or so south of me :/ I planned to visit them this Summer if work and my car permit it (Grants Pass could murder my cars weak engine, it needs a lot of work). I almost forgot they had them.
My Game Collection

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 09:58:45 PM »
Wendy was the toughest boss in Mario 3 for me personally. Hated HATED those candy cane rings she shot. Ludwig is second, followed by Lemmy.

SMW was just Larry. The other bosses were a cake walk.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2009, 09:02:59 AM »
Same here, Wendy and those stupid rings were the most annoying part of Super Mario Bros. 3 for me. I hated it in the NES version, I hated it in the Super Mario All-Stars version, and I hated it in the GBA version.

I don't recall any of the SMW versions other than the one that would climb up on the ceiling and jump down (all while the walls slowly move inward) and the one that would pop up in the pipes while fireballs flew around.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 09:10:48 AM »
Same here, Wendy and those stupid rings were the most annoying part of Super Mario Bros. 3 for me. I hated it in the NES version, I hated it in the Super Mario All-Stars version, and I hated it in the GBA version.

I don't recall any of the SMW versions other than the one that would climb up on the ceiling and jump down (all while the walls slowly move inward) and the one that would pop up in the pipes while fireballs flew around.

Yeah she was one tough cookie, but thats why i loved facing off against her and would consider her my favorite, because of the challenge. The other one you mention, with the walls closing in on you.. that was a cake walk and forgot all about it until you brought it up! lol

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009, 10:43:54 AM »
Funny, I don't remember Wendy Koopa being an issue at all.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2009, 10:50:09 AM »
Funny, I don't remember Wendy Koopa being an issue at all.

She was only an issue if you went in with no power-ups, because those rings could end up being pretty hard to dodge if you weren't in the vicinity to stop on her face when she first pops up from the pipe. If memory serves me correct, didn't the rings dissapear once she was hit? Even if thats not the case, once she's hit she goes back in to a pipe and you have a few seconds to not get hit by those damn rings. If you don't hit her however, the rings just keep piling up and makes for some tense moments.

then again, its been years since i touched the game so my memory is a lil fuzzy.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 11:27:01 AM »
Here pattern is like this:

- Shoots one ring, doesn't jump high at all.
- Hit her once, shoots another ring, jumps a bit higher.
- Hit her twice, shoots another ring. THREE rings are bouncing around, and she jumps fricking high.

Going in the battle with a power up is recommended. It's pretty easy to get over-whelmed near the end since three rings are bouncing around. Lemmy, if I remember correctly, wasn't as annoying with those ball since you could jump on them.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2009, 01:49:50 PM »
I like Boom Boom.  ;)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2009, 02:16:14 PM »
I like Boom Boom.  ;)
The song, right?
"Your so 2000-late, Boom boom boom!"
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
My Game Collection