Author Topic: Nintendo E³ 07 Press Conference MegaThread  (Read 21575 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo E³ 07 Press Conference MegaThread
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2007, 10:58:18 AM »
"People that look at WiiFit and don't see the potential for great games saddens me because they have no imagination."

Maybe Nintendo could have debuted the pad with a cooler game.  Those ideas you mentioned are cool as hell but Nintendo's big idea is an exercise game.  If they debuted it with something like you mentioned I would be incredibly excited.  Actually my apathy towards the remote and the touchscreen is similar.  Both times Nintendo failed to really wow me with their first idea which kind of suggests that maybe they can't come up with something better.  The analog stick however immediately won me over because the first game they showed for it was this unbelieably amazing game that just blew my mind.

Though the issue is whether Nintendo can't think of something better or this is just what they've chosen to make.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo E³ 07 Press Conference MegaThread
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2007, 11:54:41 AM »
I  hope I've notice I'm overusing a lot that word, which just isn't a good thing that they reveal some trailer of some actual game in these days, like they did past E3 with Brawl, which wasn't shown at the conference.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2007, 11:59:22 AM »
Oh, I guess the new trailers of Mario Galaxy, Endless Ocean, Prime 3, and Fire Emblem don't count?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2007, 12:11:52 PM »
*crosses fingers for a "day later" reveal concerning a certain blue hedgehog and a certain smashing title, much like last E3*
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2007, 12:31:53 PM »
endless ocean? that diving game? I have to see that, I was really interested on that game since it was first shown!

Its not that bee mario wasn't awesome, because he really was, but the rest was underwhelming and I can't like at all that Metroid and Brawl seem secondary to a fitness sim for Nintendo, not that I don't see why this is the case.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2007, 12:33:45 PM »
I was exactly like you mantidor, except a generation ago. Let's hope that Galaxy isn't for you what Sunshine was to me.

Edit: Oh wait, you're not complaining about Mario. Silly me.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2007, 12:38:06 PM »
Also I forgot this E3 isn't the show it used to be, so companies will only put their biggest guns, leaving no room for those little gems past E3s had.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2007, 12:53:51 PM »
How so?

E3 was made smaller, but only in who gets invited. In fact, it's more likely that they'll have more games since their are less people (thus allowing everyone to play every game).
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2007, 12:58:56 PM »
I guess you are right...

Also I think Kairon misunderstood me, I did like Galaxy, I loved it, but it was the only thing I loved. I think my english failed me again.

edit: bah you and your ninja edits.

edit 2: ok add to Galaxy Endless Ocean, that was amazing!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2007, 01:13:19 PM »

Originally posted by: mantidor
edit 2: ok add to Galaxy Endless Ocean, that was amazing!

*boggle*

I can't figure you out Mantidor! LOL.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2007, 01:20:18 PM »
No Earthbound talk.  I take offense to that.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2007, 01:31:14 PM »
"I can't like at all that Metroid and Brawl seem secondary to a fitness sim for Nintendo"

You know, maybe if the games were mediocre I could see your point, but Galaxy, Prime 3, and Brawl are all gunning to be the best of their prospective series...

(And before some Metroid fan bites my head off, I mean the Prime series of course...)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2007, 02:32:15 PM »
Too much cannibalism in these forums lately, i blame E3
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2007, 07:48:22 PM »
Just my opinion of the press conference:

1. I was not a fan of Super Mario Sunshine (though I'm considering buying it again just to have), but Super Mario Galaxy looks to totally crush it in every possible way. The more I see of it, the more excited I get. True sequel to Mario 64 indeed.

2. I'll probably buy Wii Fit. I don't think it should have been Nintendo's big reveal of the show, but I like the idea and it has potential in other games. I can just imagine using it as gas/brake pedals along with the steering wheel in Mario Kart. I know my mom would love it and isn't that the whole point?

It's the price that makes me skeptical. I would buy it, but I don't know if the non-gamer will bite strictly because of the likely more than $50 price tag.

3. No new DS model? The game collector inside me is a little upset because I know a redesign is coming since this is Nintendo. The regular gamer, though, is perfectly fine with this.

4. No hard drive for Wii? I'm not terribly upset about it. I really just want to know how Nintendo is going to address the the internal memory restrictions. I expect Wii Ware to be big and I already know some people who are running out of the 512MB.

5. A lot of emphasis on expensive peripherals that no one really needs. That was one thing I was concerned with when Nintendo announced the Wii remote and mentioned add-ons. I'm still waiting for the camera... and a Mario Artist Wii series.

It was an okay press conference. Nothing too amazing.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2007, 07:57:33 PM »
Yeah, I'm buying Wii Fit but it certainly will be pricey for the non-gamer crowd. I think it'll be testing the limits of their price flexibility. Wii Sports is selling big in Japan for $40, but this is America, this is Exercising, and this'll likely cost more.

Offline The Traveller

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2007, 08:03:14 PM »
Wii Fit will be huge, its going to push systems more than brain age did for DS.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2007, 08:06:08 PM »
Brain Age was $20. That's the big difference.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2007, 08:30:26 PM »
But in the States people always want the next new big thing that'll make then lose weight. Sure its not like one of those pills everyone wants as an easy solution but it can become the new yoga or taibo: a fad work out thats fun to do so people won't be intimidated to try it.

papers and news shows always talk about the “wii diet” and the people that went out and bought a wii for themselves and/or their kids to lose weight will want to buy this. They spent $250 on the wii itself, is it really hard to imagine them spending another $50?

It only seems like alot to pay cuz we're gamers, the non-gamers won't see it that way
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2007, 09:14:45 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation

Mario Galaxy footage is out and can be found at GAF...Holy crap it's the most incredible game I've ever seen...They were somehow able to make the game look even MORE amazing...

I'm glad somebody mentioned this.  WiiFit and everything is nice and cool.  Mario Kart Wii, that's cool.  But this game.  Seriously.  This is the game that will push Wii up into the upper echelons with previous Nintendo consoles.  I cannot express how purely excited I am for this game.  It seems like the game I've been waiting for all my life.  This sounds weird, but I've actually always wanted to play a game where you move across tiny individual planets (even before I read Le Petit Prince; I have a strange obsession with them), and aside from that pure conceptual notion all the details are incredible.  My heart leapt when I saw Mario crossing the moving platforms with the geometric shapes cut out of them.  It's a game I've envisioned playing since childhood, and it's finally here.  I can't wait to sit down early one morning and spend all day playing it.
Hostile posted!

Man, you're the only one who almost wants this game as much as I do. I would trade away every single game coming up for the Wii just for Super Mario Galaxy.. I'm a certified Mario platformer whore, but just looking at those videos gives me that feeling that only Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 64 have given me before.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2007, 09:16:22 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation

Mario Galaxy footage is out and can be found at GAF...Holy crap it's the most incredible game I've ever seen...They were somehow able to make the game look even MORE amazing...

I'm glad somebody mentioned this.  WiiFit and everything is nice and cool.  Mario Kart Wii, that's cool.  But this game.  Seriously.  This is the game that will push Wii up into the upper echelons with previous Nintendo consoles.  I cannot express how purely excited I am for this game.  It seems like the game I've been waiting for all my life.  This sounds weird, but I've actually always wanted to play a game where you move across tiny individual planets (even before I read Le Petit Prince; I have a strange obsession with them), and aside from that pure conceptual notion all the details are incredible.  My heart leapt when I saw Mario crossing the moving platforms with the geometric shapes cut out of them.  It's a game I've envisioned playing since childhood, and it's finally here.  I can't wait to sit down early one morning and spend all day playing it.
Hostile posted!

Man, you're the only one who almost wants this game as much as I do. I would trade away every single game coming up for the Wii just for Super Mario Galaxy.. I'm a certified Mario platformer whore, but just looking at those videos gives me that feeling that only Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 64 have given me before.

Just replace Super Mario Bros, with SMB3 and I'd agree!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2007, 09:18:55 PM »
Well, I've said it before.. SMB is my favourite game of all time for sentimental reasons, followed by SM64, but if you take the emotion out of it, I might concede that SMB3 is the best Mario game ever.  
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2007, 09:39:58 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
Well, I've said it before.. SMB is my favourite game of all time for sentimental reasons, followed by SM64, but if you take the emotion out of it, I might concede that SMB3 is the best Mario game ever.

It is kind of odd how emotion plays into things, personally I never had much emotional attachment to SMB, it is a great revolutionary game that I did enjoy but it PALES in comparison to the magic I got from SMB3.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2007, 09:52:33 PM »
I just bought The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 on DVD. It's awesome. My love of SMB3 knows no bounds.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2007, 09:54:04 PM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
I just bought The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 on DVD. It's awesome. My love of SMB3 knows no bounds.

I picked up that show about 2 days ago, I plan on watching it this weekend!

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2007, 09:57:10 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon was great . . . I loved all the Mario cartoons but 3 was my favorite =D