Author Topic: Will it be called the Nintendo Revolution?  (Read 22970 times)

Offline theasylum

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Will it be called the Nintendo Revolution?
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2005, 05:48:04 AM »
OFFICIAL NAME JUST ANNOUNCED!

the revolution is actually going to be a robot system that will act like a part of the family. it is called NEV which actually has 4 meanings if your clever enough to pick them out.... gonna have a go

"want to come over to my house and play with NEV?"
"yes."

ahhh happy days

Offline Chode2234

• View Profile
RE:Will it be called the Nintendo Revolution?
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2005, 10:30:55 AM »
"The 128-bit generation is over."

Actually we are still in the 64 bit era, and will continue to be as both the rev and Xbox360 will be based on the ppc architecture (like the g5 powering your mac).

The number of bits the processessor is simply tells how many bits the processor can process in one clock cycle.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GRAPHICS!!!!
At least not any more, the only time it really did was the jump from 8 to 16 simply because developers could specify color codes of longer length, and sprite sizes....
Wii:  0279 2707 3253 3306

Offline La_Mard

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2005, 11:51:44 AM »
what's a chode?

They should name it the NEO

I can't think of what the "O" would stand for but I can't seem to get the word orfice out of my head. I don't know why....
I don't think that would be a good name though.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2005, 07:28:02 AM »
Well I personaly LOVE Revolution but Im jusat gonan say nintendo like I always do, so its no big deal for me. AS for the NEO, that wont work peopel will remember teh NEO GEO which was a failure console wise and tahst bad marketing. If they rename it I want ti to be called the Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System or UNES because I always thought Ultra 64 was WAY cooler than N64 and they really shoulud have went from NES, to SNES, UNES. IMO anyways. I like the Maybe just Nintendo Revolution or NRev would work too. But Nintendo needs to be not only in the name but also on the machine. Game Cube was a good name at first cuz it was tied into Game Boy which was a popular product, but it back fired in that it looks like atoy, not a gaming machine.  
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2005, 05:29:13 PM »
The Turtle?
NearSighted Entertainment System?

Personally I like the Revolution.  They should just stick with that.  OR is that too close to a 360?

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2005, 05:54:31 PM »
Well they gave the name Revolution way before the 360 was announced - it seems like Microsoft named it that just to make it compare favourably to both the PS3 and the Revolution. If they named it Xbox 2, then it would be less than PS3, so they named it Xbox 360. And a 360 is a Revolution...

GameCube...Xbox...  
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline The Traveller

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2005, 09:05:32 PM »

Offline bmfrosty

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2005, 09:44:25 PM »
Revolution would work.  It's a strong name.  They could use the Beatles song in the marketing.

I also like N5.  It comes in very strong too.  Unfortunately it sounds technical, and that might not be what they're going for.

"Famicom V"  is one that I personally like.  It'd play very well in Japan, but would leave most everyone else scratching their heads.

Nintendo NEXUS sounds cool, but sounds too much like Lexus.  It also denotes a media center or hub, which isn't N's focus.

Nintendo VC (for Virtual Console) could work as well if the DS continues to run strong deep into next year.

It will not be the Gamecube 2.  Maybe if the Gamecube had done much better this generation.  But then we wouldn't be getting the sweet new controller.

Offline The Traveller

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2005, 12:38:20 AM »
 What do u guys think of     Nintendo Inno  ?? Could be stylish, like an ipod heh

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2005, 04:53:19 AM »
Gameball?

Offline bmfrosty

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2005, 07:45:50 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Gameball?

GameSphere

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2005, 08:29:51 AM »
funny how ken lob was bitching about wavebord and then the xbox 360 controller is a cross between a wavebird and a genesis controller.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2005, 01:32:48 PM »
How about just NE5. Then it's like 1337, so it's t3h h1p.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2005, 01:35:49 PM »
magic bunny game machine
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2005, 03:41:15 PM »
What about the "Nintendo Revolution System?" NRS for short. Or simply the "Nintendo"?
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2005, 03:46:27 PM »
Synonyms for Revolution, courtesy of Dictionary.com:

anarchy, bloodshed, cabal, coup, coup d'etat, crime, debacle, destruction, disorder, foment, guerrilla activity, innovation, insubordination, insurgency, metamorphosis, mutiny, outbreak, overthrow, overturn, plot, radical change, rebellion, reformation, reformation, reversal, revolt, rising, row, shake-up, shift, strife, strike, subversion, transformation, tumult, turbulence, turmoil, turnover, underground activity, unrest, upheaval, upheaval, uprising, uprising, uproar, upset, violence

It's a plot! Flouridization! The Commies! Call in General Turgidson, Mandrake! We cannot allow a mineshaft gap!

What about the Nintendo Morph (suggests that it will forever change the way we play)? or the Nintendo Alpha (beginiing of a new era...also the Alpha of a pack is the leader)?

All the logos, btw, should be in lower case, e.g. [nintendo alpha]

All names should leave room for rerelease/rebranding - e.g. Second revision could be [alpha mini] or [alpha micro].

Seriously, I'm loving Alpha. Also, the tagline should be my new sig.
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2005, 04:08:47 PM »

Originally posted by: BiLdItUp1
Synonyms for Revolution, courtesy of Dictionary.com:

anarchy, bloodshed, cabal, coup, coup d'etat, crime, debacle, destruction, disorder, foment, guerrilla activity, innovation, insubordination, insurgency, metamorphosis, mutiny, outbreak, overthrow, overturn, plot, radical change, rebellion, reformation, reformation, reversal, revolt, rising, row, shake-up, shift, strife, strike, subversion, transformation, tumult, turbulence, turmoil, turnover, underground activity, unrest, upheaval, upheaval, uprising, uprising, uproar, upset, violence

NINTENDO GUERILLA ACTIVITY
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2005, 04:35:10 PM »
this generation i theorise that xbox 360 will at least be number 1 in the united states.. My friend who jumped off the nintendo bandwagon, and jumped onto the xbox 360 bandwagon...is now on the revolution bandwagon because he heard it could be very cheap.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2006, 10:05:29 AM »
I wish it was . I thought Wind Waker was awesome, this reminds meo f the day Shenmue 2 became an xbox exclusive

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2006, 10:08:06 AM »
No, it won't; It will now be called the Nintendo Wii.  Pass it on.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!