Author Topic: EGM super-psyched about Rev! "It will be a winner"  (Read 5536 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
EGM super-psyched about Rev! "It will be a winner"
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:29:25 PM »
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=6947164&publicUserId=5379799

We just finished our June issue (which will start shipping right when E3 starts). Our cover story? The Nintendo Revolution. After working on this article, I must say, I've gone from "excited" to "OMG super-psyched" for this machine. I can't reveal anything right now, but I think the Revolution will put Nintendo back into the game for this next-gen console war. Forget GameCube and Nintendo 64. If Nintendo can get the right developers backing this system for a few years, it will be a winner. Stay tuned....

I wonder what they've seen? Nintendos entire lineup? I doubt that, but it must have been pretty sweet! Maybe they just know of the new secret? Looks like Nintendo Revolution will overshadow everything else in the coming months.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE: EGM super-psyched about Rev! "It will be a winner"
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 07:42:11 PM »
I hate all this hype, is painful, and it always comes around the time when I need more focus on my studies and work! ARGH!

but this change from annoying anti-nintendo bias to "Nintendo rules" claims from IGN, GI and EGM can certainly be nothing but good news!  
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Knoxxville

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:EGM super-psyched about Rev! "It will be a winner"
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 07:58:51 PM »
The prophecy SHALL come to pass.....it is written!

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 08:11:46 PM »
I'm excited as I'm definitely buying a Rev at this point, but also understand this guy wants to sell magazines so he's excited about whatever is in his magazine.  IT's his job to be.  

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 08:21:39 PM »
Not necessarily.  It is actually a fairly new thing for some of these mags to be suddenly saying that Nintendo Rules.  If it was more of the same, then the article in egm would probably be calling the rev a gim-mick, and the guy wouldnt be so excited  

edited to get around the filter
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 08:22:55 PM »
Also it's not like they have an exclusive on it, that mag will hit after we already know everything at E3.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 12:07:07 AM »
Too bad EA isn't excited .
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 05:12:21 AM »
excited or not we're still going to get their yearly sports updates.
does ea even do anything worth buying? maybe it's just too early in the morning but I can't think of a single EA game I bought that wasn't Madden or NCAA football. and i've only ever bought 2 maddens and one ncaa.  
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline zakkiel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 05:22:15 AM »
I think the most significant factor here is that the Rev, not the PS3, will be the cover story in the post-E3 edition. That has to mean something.
Defenestration - the only humane method of execution.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 05:42:46 AM »
Tru!

It's amazing how my final exams are going to make E3 come sooner than I could possibly imagine.
I'll shut up now...

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 06:04:09 AM »
EA bought up a few series that are worth buying: Burnout, The Sims and TimeSplitters.  I'm also partial to SSX, but that's the only one of the four that EA actually develops itself.

Edit: good to hear the media is all onboard, though I'm never up for some N64 or GameCube bashing.  The N64 in particular is possibly my favourite console ever.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 06:44:01 AM »
It's alright.....they'll both get "1ups" on the Revolution, buddy!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 08:17:37 AM »
Sounds very encouraging.  I figured the media would be one of the hardest groups to convert since they're pretty down on Nintendo these days.  Plus they're gamers and I figure that they might sh!t on the Rev if it was too non-gamer focused.  They crapped all over the initial DS lineup for example.  The gaming media isn't interested in games designed to get your grandmother playing so for them to be very interested in the Rev suggests that this is something significant and longtime gamers truly will enjoy it as well.  I know Nintendo has said they'll target both groups but they would say that no matter what.  Having a third party source like this, that isn't predominantly pro-Nintendo, saying these sort of things is very encouraging and has much more credibility than Nintendo saying "it'll be great, just trust us".

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 08:27:25 AM »
I agree with Ian Sane. We all know that ever since the N64 the gaming media has always been dubious of Nintendo (sometimes the doubt was logical, sometimes it was unfair) and with the release of the DS and the Revolution, they became EVEN MORE dubious of Nintendo.

EGM is also a hardcore magazine that tends to be very opiniated about games, especially Nintendo. So them coming out and saying that they LOVE the idea of the Rev. it is certainly encouraging.

I just hope that this isn't pre-release hype to get gamers excited on the games, then when the games are released they bash it because it was overhyped...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 08:33:22 AM »
Nah....as jaded as the media is nowadays, this is definitely a good thing through and through.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 09:20:26 AM »

Originally posted by: zakkiel
I think the most significant factor here is that the Rev, not the PS3, will be the cover story in the post-E3 edition. That has to mean something.

PS3? what's that?

No but seriously, you are so right. E3 is around the corner, and EGM and Game Informer are featuring the Rev with little info about the PS3, whether this is a result of overall enthusiam for the Rev or Nintendo being smart and including the media more in their marketing campaign or both it is a very good thing.

Quite some time ago I(i think i did maybe it was someone else but I can't remember) made a post about what the affects would be if Nintendo was number 1 again. hopefully soon I'll make one saying Now that Nintendo is number 1 again what can we expect?
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 09:39:38 AM »
This is obviously a late april fools joke or stupid prank.

Even if it were true, I mean, come on. They just put that cover in there because they know nintendo fanboys will snap it up in droves. The actual article is probably just "haha, fooled you suckers, the Revolution is Nintendo's worst console yet".
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 09:55:48 AM »
The more I read you either really loved the N64 or you didn't.  Ironically most Nintendo fans really loved the N64 it seems.  This is good news but should always be taken with a grain of salt.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline WesDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 01:42:44 PM »
I think it has more to do with the world knowing almost nothing about the Rev, and pretty much everything about the PS3. It's a more interesting story IMO.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 01:54:06 PM »
He probably found out that Nintendo and Sega are going to put 60% of their back catalog preinstalled onto the Revolution when it ships.  I can see why he's excited now. :P

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 03:55:09 PM »
What a jerk.

While it's great that this single blog entry (and an article in an upcoming EGM) is waking a few more people up to the fact that the Revolution is made of AWESOME and WIN, if too many people take this seriously it could be more people in front of me at the Nintendo Revolution demo line-ups.  Grrr!

If it's as great as expected (or better) ANYWAY, I expect extremely long line-ups especially on the third and final day.  Hopefully the line-up (or part of it) will be on the side facing the Sony booth.  Heh.  (I like parentheses.)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 05:04:59 PM »
Your DS will be a life-saver
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 05:38:28 PM »
Yeah, for serious, DSs will be everywhere.  While waiting in line you can either download a demo of a DS game or start up a 10 player Tetris match or whatever.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 03:21:01 PM »
Maybe I should bring my DS and a couple games then.

Wiiiiiiiii!