Author Topic: Will it be called the Nintendo Revolution?  (Read 22959 times)

Offline PowerHair

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Will it be called the Nintendo Revolution?
« on: April 09, 2005, 07:52:31 PM »
...as far as I know only the Nintendo DS has kept its codename. Will Nintendo stick with the Revolution as its name or change to something stupid?

I personally believe The Revolution is an undeniably cooler name than say PS3.

Offline Caillan

• Token New Zealander
    • View Profile
RE: Will it be called the Nintendo Revolution?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 07:56:45 PM »
The DS' code name was Nitro, so it definately changed. The Revolution sounds fine to me, but I'm not fussed.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 08:45:45 PM »
I want Starcube back guys...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Will it be called the Nintendo Revolution?
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 08:50:20 PM »
I have the perfect name.

The Reggie.  

Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 09:01:06 PM »
I think "Nintendo Revolution" sounds pretty cool.  It has a real comeback sound to it.  The name screams "Nintendo's back".  Of course the name will sound really silly if it fails to catch on.  It's a name that suggests something pretty major so it carries some pressure to deliver but it's a pretty cool name.  It sounds pretty adult which is good for Nintendo.

Offline Noble~Feather

• DS Sp@Mm3r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »
Super Nintendo.
This message has been approved by Noble Feather.

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 11:08:07 PM »
I still think they should go with the whole retro name (and design lol).  They should call it NE5 bringing it back to the NES roots while still acknowledging its current generation N5.
"It seems that a great number of individuals crave technology that gives an individual a false sense of intimacy. Producing just enough communication to get the job done while stripping out the intangibilities. If you had the chance, would you demand convenience give your humanity back? Or would you

Offline MrMojoRising

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 12:21:19 AM »

Originally posted by: Truthliesn1seyes
I still think they should go with the whole retro name (and design lol).  They should call it NE5 bringing it back to the NES roots while still acknowledging its current generation N5.

No numbers!  I hate that sony just numbers off their systems, it's so unorigional.  The only people that can get away with numbering things is Led Zeppelin, because they rock.

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 01:00:54 AM »
Well if you think about it, the number thing is just as bad as 64 or Super.  Nintendo even went and used part of their console title for their games also as if we didn't already know it was for that system.  Super Nintendo had Super Mario Bros, Super Metriod, Super Mario Kart etc... Nintendo 64 had Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Ogre Battle 64 etc.   The number thing isn't so bad for now (it'll get bad if they keep at it for generation to generation much like sequals just start to look bad once they have 3+ numbers after the titles).  In the case the N5 would mark Nintendo's 5 generation in consoles.  It'll emphasise Nintendo's long lasting presence in the industry that many mainstream seem to look past.
"It seems that a great number of individuals crave technology that gives an individual a false sense of intimacy. Producing just enough communication to get the job done while stripping out the intangibilities. If you had the chance, would you demand convenience give your humanity back? Or would you

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 04:03:55 AM »
It has to be a name where you can say: Hey, you wanna play some _____ for awhile?
GameCube works, PS2 works, XBox works, Revolution doesn't really work quite as well. Paired to make Nintendo Revolution does sound pretty cool to me though. But alone, it doesn't sound like a game system.

Offline LuWoo75

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 08:04:40 AM »
I like the name it dosent sound very catchy like thepoga said but i'd stick with it.  If they change it the real name would havta be something very smooth.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 08:48:29 AM »
Well, poga, people just say, "Hey, you wanna play some Nintendo?" anyway and they still (probably) will.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2005, 09:30:46 AM »
wanna rev up?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2005, 09:33:02 AM »
Nintendo Revolution is starting to stick with me. It grew on me just like Sega DreamCast(Greatest Name Evar!!!). It really all depends on what the system can do. Say if it plays HD_DvD's or Blu-Rays, then it really should be called The Nintendo Entertainment System(TNES). Ever since I heard the "rumor" of a Nintendo/Apple partnership, I dreamed of a cross console/iMac or better yet an iPod version of the DS but I have a better chance of selling snow shovels in Cuba. Anyhoo, Rev is O.k. with me. They could call it "SuperFunBox256dsa" and I'll still buy one the day it launches @ midnight.

... a rose by any other name...  
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2005, 05:01:04 PM »
I think Nintendo really ought to nail a brand name they can hang on to for a few generations.  It saves a lot of marketing time when you can just refer to something as the new PlayStation or the new Game Boy, and Nintendo needs that kind of recognition with their home consoles.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 09:04:48 AM »
That's something they should consider doing when they end the current generation in the lead.  When there's as much negative stigma associated with your brand name as there is with GameCube it's usually better to start fresh.  Otherwise, people who wrote off GameCube as kiddie might automatically write off GameCube 2.

As an example, look at the NES - SNES relation.  Nintendo won the 8-bit generation, and therefore kept the same name for the 16-bit generation
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline PowerHair

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005, 05:03:11 PM »
...but then in a few generations time it will be PS5, Xbox 4, and ReggieStar 3 and it looks like Nintendo is behind.  

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2005, 05:12:01 PM »
"ReggieStar"
Wow...
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 02:50:08 PM »
engh, sony will probably stop numbering their playstaions after 4. By then it'll be Playstation 2020 and Xbox Xtreme.
And Nintendo does have a consistent brand name for their home consoles: 'Nintendo'. They don't need anything else because, unlike Sony and Microsoft, making videogame consoles is the primary thing Nintendo does.
'yes, but Nintendo has negative press surrounding it! They need a new brand name!'  No, they need to change the negative press, which is what I think they're trying to do with Nintendo DS and Nintendo Revolution.

That's something they should consider doing when they end the current generation in the lead. When there's as much negative stigma associated with your brand name as there is with GameCube it's usually better to start fresh. Otherwise, people who wrote off GameCube as I LOVE HALO 2 might automatically write off GameCube 2.

Except they can't do that next time either because 'Revolution 2: this time 2x as revolutionary!' sounds silly.
Right now it doesn't look like Nintendo wants to create a new home-console franchise name. Nintendo's names are too specific: unless they want to make another cube-shaped system, another dual-screen system, or another 'revolutionary' system, they're out of luck next time around.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.†- Richard M. Nixon

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 03:02:28 PM »
I like Nintendo Revolution.  Picture this, everytime someone goes to the store to buy one, the could be saying:  "I'd like a Revolution please."  Just bout gives me goosebumps saying that in my head.

The name could definitely work for the next gen coming up, but they would have to pick something else for the generation after that.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 08:16:08 PM »

I like Nintendo Revolution. Picture this, everytime someone goes to the store to buy one, the could be saying: "I'd like a Revolution please."

*Awful NOA commercial plays in Bloodworth's head.  

Let's not please.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline wushupants

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2005, 08:39:55 PM »
i dunno about revolution... it's not catchy enough. makes my tongue ache. i remember that nintendo "nexus" system that went all over the web and that was easy to identify with... although it doesn't sound much like nintendo but, it's ok. and have any of you seen that concept art of this "nintendo 21" shizzle? that wasnt bad... but people will be like "whoa! n64 is better than the new nintendo console??" lol, ok ill stop.
5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions...
__   __   __   __   __   __   __   __

The prophecies are coming to pass... the end is almost at hand... are you ready for it?... where will you spend the rest of eternity?

Offline wushupants

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 08:55:09 PM »
the revolution should be officially renamed: the SonyMicrosoftDestroyer

hands down, this is the best name ANYONE can come up with.

The prophecies are coming to pass... the end is almost at hand... are you ready for it?... where will you spend the rest of eternity?

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 10:50:35 PM »
What's this Nintendo 21 stuff?

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2005, 12:07:20 AM »
Nintendo 21 was a rather large rumor that came from this guy in some forum. The thing is this guy's track record when it comes to Nintendo was pretty damn good so folks seemed to take heed to his hush-hush and looky-looky info he had. If you're lookin for details then I have no idea. Tell you what I'll do. I will go ask my reverse credible source about this and whatever she says then the complete oppisite mush be true.

Here's looking at you Sherri, may we all learn from what you don't know.

The word Revolution will stick in some kinda way. More than likey part of the ad campaign and slogan. Something like this...

"On Sep 15th 2006,  Evolution has a Revolution( you see every Nintendo console morph in to the next until we see the new system for like a quick 2secs)"
In terms of looks, this system has got to be the Zexiest system to every grace God's earth. Although I would love if it looked like a NES. That would be the best thing and they decide to just call it The Nintendo.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2005, 02:15:29 AM »
I'd vote for "Prometheus". Sounds like it'd fit a piece of electronics and is an evil AI in a game. Also, Prometheus was the one that went against the will of the gods and brought fire to the humans. "Lucifer" or "Satan" would have too many negative conotations (yeah, he opened the eyes of man but people hate him for that). Or just for fun imagine a system called Yggdrassil with a controller shaped like a rope around your neck and a screen that looks like an eyepatch (wonder how many know their mythology enough to catch THAT).

Offline wushupants

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2005, 09:46:01 AM »
well, here's that oh so famous concept art that apparently leaked out of nintendo (!!!) but, for your viewing pleasure... here ya have it... the infamous nintendo 21...

for all of you with mental disability, it's the second rumor on the list.

IGN.com - Revolution Rumor Roundup

Very insightful...

Offline zakkiel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2005, 02:30:44 PM »
Prometheus gets my vote hands down. Yggdrasil would just be weird.
Defenestration - the only humane method of execution.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2005, 09:53:26 PM »
I posted this in another topic.  

NE5
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2005, 11:34:16 PM »
"Nephilim"

Offline Caillan

• Token New Zealander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2005, 12:38:05 AM »
How about "The Carpocrates" then?  

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2005, 01:22:34 AM »
What about the Dolphin.......no. I think revolution is good but not great. It doesn't really roll off the tongue nicely.

No numbers!  I hate that sony just numbers off their systems, it's so unorigional.  The only people that can get away with numbering things is Led Zeppelin, because they rock.

That was only their first four though.....and the forth was actually untitled eveyone one just called it Led Zeppelin 4  
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline slingshot

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2005, 03:38:03 AM »
Promethius is just to long.  I know, it has the same number of syllables as the REV- but I can't see calling the Promethuis
'the pro'.

I always thought that Nintendo Oracle would be a cool name-  But really, Revolution fits- if that is what it does.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2005, 06:15:30 AM »
Except Oracle would make it sound like a database system.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2005, 07:27:19 AM »
"NE5"

How do you even pronounce that?  Nintendo can't build word of mouth if people can't even say the name itself.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2005, 08:24:40 AM »
Ian Sane:  I think you just pronounce it the Nintendo Entertainment System...but the 5 in print represents the generation.  Represents it different than the first system.

I like the name, but I don't think it fits very well.  It doesn't scream cool or generate any kind of hype.  Though, it may build hype and interest to the older gamers remembering the first generation.

In fact Nintendo could build advertising based around the old NES.

Two page print ad.

Page ONE.  Shot of the old NES system

Do you remember the REVOLUTION?

PAGE TWO or PAGE TWO and THREE

Picture of the new system.

Its time for another...

NE5.

Shots of games on the side of the pictures.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2005, 09:24:55 AM »
I say En-E-Five.  But that's just me.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline wushupants

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2005, 01:32:29 PM »
Nintendo Entertainment 5?? riiiiiiiight...

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2005, 01:50:50 PM »
I was wrong, XBOX 360 isn't the worst console name ever.

Offline zakkiel

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2005, 04:40:44 PM »
All right, so there's no good way to shorten Prometheus. But it would have made an awesome codename. Maybe next generation.
Defenestration - the only humane method of execution.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2005, 04:09:30 AM »
Hey how about -The Nintendo ReDux-: "Where games begin again."
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2005, 06:13:38 AM »
A lot of people on the internet have been shortening 'Revolution' to just 'Rev'. Like how people use PS2 instead of PS2. Kinda fits.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2005, 10:25:38 PM »
Playstation --> Playstation 2

Gamecube --> GameTWObe
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline PowerHair

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2005, 10:30:45 PM »
MJRx9000 - That's pure genius.

Although it leaves it wide open for the jokes.

Maybe GameTube isn't such a good idea after all...

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2005, 05:31:40 AM »
Oops!! My Bad.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2005, 05:33:28 AM »
sorry triple post
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2005, 05:35:04 AM »
Playstaion3
XboX 360
Nintendo TriForce
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2005, 09:41:03 AM »
The Nintendo Triforce is Nintendo's own arcade engine, so that's not gonna happen.

The Nintendo Checkamingo.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2005, 03:40:29 PM »
The Gyration Nation by Nintendo -or-
Super DUPER Famicon -or-
The Nintendo Console To End All Nintendo Consoles Until The Next Nintendo Console!

Offline Talon

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2005, 04:56:13 AM »
I doubt that the Rev's official name will have any correlation with the gamecube...due to the stigma surrounding the gamecube. From a marketing perspective if it did Nintendo could lose the battle before the system is released.

I like the name Turbo Hyper Edition Super Nintendo Entertainment System II or the THE_SNES2 and its motto could be
"Think this is an ordinary video game console...HELL F***ING NO YOU IDIOT, Buy this console or GO TO HELL!!!!" that motto alone would cause a gigantic uproar from consumer groups effectively advertising the console for free.

Or how about Nintendo Coup d'etat, kinda fits with what has happened to Nintendo over the past 10 years.

But since the revolution is supposedly re-inventing the video game industry Nintendo could go back to its grass-roots with
'Nintendo Entertainment System' which pays homage to their first video game console.

Well with whatever they choose I hope its sleak and rolls off your tongue. "Nintendo Gamecube" doesnt really roll off your tongue.
Whats at the end?
Whats at the end?
Whats at the end of Satan's rainbow?

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2005, 08:56:50 AM »
You're suggesting Nintendo Entertainment System and then say Gamecube is awkward? Right...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »
Coup d'état does really roll off the tongue.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2005, 09:54:09 PM »
Not for your average ignorant casual buyer who doesn't know anything about french and assumes anything french is homosexual...

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2005, 06:15:18 AM »
Yeah.  I mean "yes" is..."wee-wee!"  ahahahahah...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2005, 08:12:54 AM »
Not "wee wee", "oui". "wee wee"/"oui oui" would be "yes yes" which roughly translates to "f#ck off". At least among construction workers.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2005, 08:35:54 AM »
What the hell is this thread about?

"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2005, 10:27:13 AM »
Homosexual French men. Which is, like, all of them. Anyone else got a craving for Freedom Fries?
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2005, 11:22:30 AM »

Not for your average ignorant casual buyer who doesn't know anything about french and assumes anything french is homosexual...

Hey, I know tons of french! I've been speaking it since I was in 2nd grade.
Anyhoo, the more I say 'Nintendo Coup D'état' that more I like it. It could go nicely with te tag line: "L'amusant pour vous."

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
This thread is about bored Cube owners.

TV man, translate this.

L'autre soir un air froid d'op'era m'alita:
Son f'el'e-- bien fol est qui s'y fie!
Il neige, le d'ecor s''ecroule, Lolita!
Lolita, qu'ai-je fait de ta vie?

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2005, 10:35:34 PM »
WTF?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2005, 03:34:43 AM »
Easy: "Nemo_83 is a f###ing pedophile". What do I win?

Offline stevey

• Young HAWNESS
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2005, 12:50:36 PM »
"I think Nintendo really ought to nail a brand name they can hang on to for a few generations. It saves a lot of marketing time when you can just refer to something as the new PlayStation or the new Game Boy, and Nintendo needs that kind of recognition with their home consoles. " and"As an example, look at the NES - SNES relation. Nintendo won the 8-bit generation, and therefore kept the same name for the 16-bit generation"
So why not name it mega nes or just ninendo128(if mario128 is delay)and nick name it like the ds the revolution for ad and 3rd party and btw the name revolution is tooking by a . . . sigh . . .    a well kittylitter (or catfood ) brand (I don,t remeber witch it was a lot of cat saying the rev is hear) you can just hear the joke from sony "let go on the rev "  

My Demands and Declarations:
nVidia is CRAP!!!
BOYCOTT Digest mode and LEGEND OF OO!

Your PM box will be spammed with Girl Link porn! NO EXCEPTION!
Wii want WaveBirds

Stevey Duff
NWR HAWTNESS Inspector
NWR Staff All Powerful Satin!

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2005, 02:41:55 PM »
So why not name it mega nes or just ninendo128(if mario128 is delay)

I hope you realize that N64 was not named after Super Mario 64 or something.

The 128-bit generation is over.

Stevey's kind of like Juno, but without the comedic value.  

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2005, 04:21:44 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Easy: "Nemo_83 is a f###ing pedophile". What do I win?

We had to read a literary classic of the twentieth century in my first creative writing class.  At first I was going to reread The Shining, but she shot Stephen King down as pulp garbage.  Maybe she is right.  So I chose another Kubrick classic, Lolita.  And yeah, it is hard to read on many levels.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2005, 01:11:26 AM »
WTF?!

How is The Shining a pulp of garbage. I loved the movie so much, but that book........it kicks the movie's ass!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2005, 01:17:23 AM »
KKD: Besides, the Revolution will still be a 64 bit console.

Offline stevey

• Young HAWNESS
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2005, 05:51:08 AM »
"I hope you realize that N64 was not named after Super Mario 64 or something.
The 128-bit generation is over."
I know I know I no newbe but who desen't know n64 name, so n128 sound better than n256, n512, or n360.well maybe 512.
My Demands and Declarations:
nVidia is CRAP!!!
BOYCOTT Digest mode and LEGEND OF OO!

Your PM box will be spammed with Girl Link porn! NO EXCEPTION!
Wii want WaveBirds

Stevey Duff
NWR HAWTNESS Inspector
NWR Staff All Powerful Satin!

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2005, 07:18:51 AM »
Here's the hint Stevey: No console yet has truely been 128 bit, and Revolution won't be either.

I hope they stick with Revolution because then all tehir advertising could be centered around communist revolutions.
"Join the Revolution" can be the catchphrase, red can be the colour. They could even make a punk cover of the Internationale (a very stirring and powerful tune) for their ads. It would be extreme.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2005, 10:39:37 AM »
That would be fun, but let's be honest, Nintendo won't do that in a million years.  I'd like to see the Revolution name stick too.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2005, 06:58:48 AM »
WOuldn't do that in a million years? You mean like the alledged "Orange Star" (who dress in Red) army in Advance Wars. Or of course Mario raising the red star after completing levels. Nintendo have always shown where their true allegiance to the proletariet lies. I mean have you seen the Mario Bros Movie? It's full of socialist propaganda. "Must've been a non union job." - Luigi referring to dodgy plumbing. The Koopas who actually called Bowser a facist.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Robotor

• The Robot Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2005, 05:17:21 PM »
RABicle is my new hero.  Such an idea would be awesome.

I really do want the revolution name to stick, but only if it's truly revolutionary.
It may be simple, but it ain't easy.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2005, 07:07:31 AM »
Heh heh heh, Nintendo may enjoy sticking communist references in the games, but there's a difference between a bunch of Japanese game developers and a bunch of American marketers.  Nintendo won't risk ticking off a large portion of the population that still thinks Communism is a monster hiding in the shadows waiting to eat them.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2005, 10:47:43 AM »
Communism is a monster hiding in the shadows waiting to eat them.

Don't forget their children as well....and their dogs..their dogs too...and cats I geuss.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2005, 11:33:17 AM »
there's nothing wrong with communism.  it is no worse than capatilism (spelling?).  any time though that the majority of the wealth is held by a fraction of a percent of the population you pretty much know you are not living in a free society no matter what your gov't likes to call itself.  in other words the label a gov't choses to describe its stance on economic issues whether capatilist or communist, does not matter.  what matters is whether they believe in civil liberties or dictatorship.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2005, 04:27:56 PM »
With capitolism it's civil liberties to an extent, and as far as I know from reading Animal Farm, communism doesn't give much liberty at all.
Besides it is a sin against the forums to talk politics.

Offline theasylum

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2005, 05:48:04 AM »
OFFICIAL NAME JUST ANNOUNCED!

the revolution is actually going to be a robot system that will act like a part of the family. it is called NEV which actually has 4 meanings if your clever enough to pick them out.... gonna have a go

"want to come over to my house and play with NEV?"
"yes."

ahhh happy days

Offline Chode2234

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2005, 10:30:55 AM »
"The 128-bit generation is over."

Actually we are still in the 64 bit era, and will continue to be as both the rev and Xbox360 will be based on the ppc architecture (like the g5 powering your mac).

The number of bits the processessor is simply tells how many bits the processor can process in one clock cycle.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GRAPHICS!!!!
At least not any more, the only time it really did was the jump from 8 to 16 simply because developers could specify color codes of longer length, and sprite sizes....
Wii:  0279 2707 3253 3306

Offline La_Mard

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2005, 11:51:44 AM »
what's a chode?

They should name it the NEO

I can't think of what the "O" would stand for but I can't seem to get the word orfice out of my head. I don't know why....
I don't think that would be a good name though.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2005, 07:28:02 AM »
Well I personaly LOVE Revolution but Im jusat gonan say nintendo like I always do, so its no big deal for me. AS for the NEO, that wont work peopel will remember teh NEO GEO which was a failure console wise and tahst bad marketing. If they rename it I want ti to be called the Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System or UNES because I always thought Ultra 64 was WAY cooler than N64 and they really shoulud have went from NES, to SNES, UNES. IMO anyways. I like the Maybe just Nintendo Revolution or NRev would work too. But Nintendo needs to be not only in the name but also on the machine. Game Cube was a good name at first cuz it was tied into Game Boy which was a popular product, but it back fired in that it looks like atoy, not a gaming machine.  
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2005, 05:29:13 PM »
The Turtle?
NearSighted Entertainment System?

Personally I like the Revolution.  They should just stick with that.  OR is that too close to a 360?

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2005, 05:54:31 PM »
Well they gave the name Revolution way before the 360 was announced - it seems like Microsoft named it that just to make it compare favourably to both the PS3 and the Revolution. If they named it Xbox 2, then it would be less than PS3, so they named it Xbox 360. And a 360 is a Revolution...

GameCube...Xbox...  
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline The Traveller

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2005, 09:05:32 PM »

Offline bmfrosty

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2005, 09:44:25 PM »
Revolution would work.  It's a strong name.  They could use the Beatles song in the marketing.

I also like N5.  It comes in very strong too.  Unfortunately it sounds technical, and that might not be what they're going for.

"Famicom V"  is one that I personally like.  It'd play very well in Japan, but would leave most everyone else scratching their heads.

Nintendo NEXUS sounds cool, but sounds too much like Lexus.  It also denotes a media center or hub, which isn't N's focus.

Nintendo VC (for Virtual Console) could work as well if the DS continues to run strong deep into next year.

It will not be the Gamecube 2.  Maybe if the Gamecube had done much better this generation.  But then we wouldn't be getting the sweet new controller.

Offline The Traveller

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2005, 12:38:20 AM »
 What do u guys think of     Nintendo Inno  ?? Could be stylish, like an ipod heh

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2005, 04:53:19 AM »
Gameball?

Offline bmfrosty

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2005, 07:45:50 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Gameball?

GameSphere

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2005, 08:29:51 AM »
funny how ken lob was bitching about wavebord and then the xbox 360 controller is a cross between a wavebird and a genesis controller.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2005, 01:32:48 PM »
How about just NE5. Then it's like 1337, so it's t3h h1p.

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2005, 01:35:49 PM »
magic bunny game machine

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2005, 03:41:15 PM »
What about the "Nintendo Revolution System?" NRS for short. Or simply the "Nintendo"?
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2005, 03:46:27 PM »
Synonyms for Revolution, courtesy of Dictionary.com:

anarchy, bloodshed, cabal, coup, coup d'etat, crime, debacle, destruction, disorder, foment, guerrilla activity, innovation, insubordination, insurgency, metamorphosis, mutiny, outbreak, overthrow, overturn, plot, radical change, rebellion, reformation, reformation, reversal, revolt, rising, row, shake-up, shift, strife, strike, subversion, transformation, tumult, turbulence, turmoil, turnover, underground activity, unrest, upheaval, upheaval, uprising, uprising, uproar, upset, violence

It's a plot! Flouridization! The Commies! Call in General Turgidson, Mandrake! We cannot allow a mineshaft gap!

What about the Nintendo Morph (suggests that it will forever change the way we play)? or the Nintendo Alpha (beginiing of a new era...also the Alpha of a pack is the leader)?

All the logos, btw, should be in lower case, e.g. [nintendo alpha]

All names should leave room for rerelease/rebranding - e.g. Second revision could be [alpha mini] or [alpha micro].

Seriously, I'm loving Alpha. Also, the tagline should be my new sig.
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2005, 04:08:47 PM »

Originally posted by: BiLdItUp1
Synonyms for Revolution, courtesy of Dictionary.com:

anarchy, bloodshed, cabal, coup, coup d'etat, crime, debacle, destruction, disorder, foment, guerrilla activity, innovation, insubordination, insurgency, metamorphosis, mutiny, outbreak, overthrow, overturn, plot, radical change, rebellion, reformation, reformation, reversal, revolt, rising, row, shake-up, shift, strife, strike, subversion, transformation, tumult, turbulence, turmoil, turnover, underground activity, unrest, upheaval, upheaval, uprising, uprising, uproar, upset, violence

NINTENDO GUERILLA ACTIVITY

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2005, 04:35:10 PM »
this generation i theorise that xbox 360 will at least be number 1 in the united states.. My friend who jumped off the nintendo bandwagon, and jumped onto the xbox 360 bandwagon...is now on the revolution bandwagon because he heard it could be very cheap.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2006, 10:05:29 AM »
I wish it was . I thought Wind Waker was awesome, this reminds meo f the day Shenmue 2 became an xbox exclusive

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2006, 10:08:06 AM »
No, it won't; It will now be called the Nintendo Wii.  Pass it on.