Author Topic: Mafia L: A Ripple in the Pond (Day 3)  (Read 11543 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mafia L: A Ripple in the Pond (Day 3)
« on: April 27, 2011, 07:44:21 AM »
"You", the dark entity roared.  Despicable looks behind him.  What he sees is sheer hatred.  He can't help but think it has something to do with his fedora hat and nice mustache as he turns and runs as fast as his legs could carry him.

"Do you really think that will help you (He runs like a rat in maze)," the Horror bemoaned to him. Black figures start to spawn from the entity as a sheer grin starts to show in the in the missing light.   

He keeps running, soon losing sight of the monstrosity.  Once he feels safe he slows down for a rest.  I need a drink or something to wipe my brow with Despicable thinks.  Someone passes him handkerchief.

"Why thank you," as he looks over a dark bowler hat has started to devour his arm.

Ahhhh AHhhh.

"We caught him, (Teach the Interlopers);  We will be Victorious, (To the Victors go the Spoils); Didn't he know that Bowler Hats are the Best Type, (Oh So lovely.)" The entity mosey over, flicking a bit or two of its handy work out of the way.

Looking down,  "Seems this one is a diversion, (Time is Durable.) Not the Ones We seek, (the Old Foe is coming.)  We shall find another, (A Better)."

The entity left leaving a shell of a man behind.  The man looks down in horror seeing what he was a party to. "What have I done, he was just a Townie."   

In another part of town...

Mop it Up looks down at a list she had jotted down.  Let's see what's next.  Rubber duckie with Red Spots needed to be placed on the Corner of South and Main.  Gold Bull statue turned 34 Degrees Southwest. blah blah blah.  She wonders how she went from a full field commander to an errand girl.  A glorious mission command had told her.  Critical to the success of the future they said.  What Power does a rubber duckie have anyway.  At least she lucked out;  She heard Brando had gotten assigned to the salt mines of 834.

She shuttered just at the thought.

"Hello Mam, are you Miss M.I. Up?"

He was somewhat ruggedly handsome.

"I do Believe I am," slightly fanning herself for effect, "What, may I ask, is this about besides my captivating looks, darling?"

"Under the authority given to me you are under arrest in accordance to the temporary voting act of 20xx."

It will be a shame about his looks.  Quickly Miss Up swirls around hurling acid at the officer.

If I can only make it to the safe house, she thinks as she slides down the road as fast as possible.

*Wooooo hrrrrrr*
*Pow*

She feels a set of bulls running into her back as enough voltage runs through her to light the Rockefeller Plaza Christmas Tree.  At least it wasn't salt she thinks.

After getting there man into the ambulance the backup goes to see if Mop it up survived.

"Wow, what do we have here, that’s not a women that’s a large piece of escargot."

The Autopsy official determined that Mop it Up was indeed awfully slimey and lacking any real legs. Using the facts present it was ruled that she was Mafia.

A number of Years currently after The Mira Event...

Tom Sheffield is not a lucky man.  Just this morning his shoe split while stepping into a puddle.  A puddle in a town with scheduled rain.  He was a man of low-average means trying to keep a family.  When something caught his eye a Rubber Duck with a Red spot. His son would love it and no one has claimed it.  In fact it seems to had been here a while...

Jonathon Clark Sheffield stepped onto the duck shaped mud rug of his office. The office was small and full of various study materials.  Where there wasn't study materials there where rubber ducks, peeps, painted ducks, etc.   He has loved ducks since his childhood. Especially his first one with the Red Spot.  In fact they have became the focus of his automaton project.  With there cute bodies and their themic Resilience ducks made the perfect AI Platform...

It works, thought Jonathon C. Sheffield.  Never having any kids of his own he was delighted to final have a son.  Rubert Sheffield or Rub for short.  He dared anyone to find a more perfect little boy.  He just cooed when he saw his yellow son russelling around...   

Today was a sad day for Rubert Sheffield.  His father had died.  No one came to the funeral.  That was when Rub started wondering the stars trying to find a place of his own.  On the edge of known space he eventually found peace and materials.  For Rubert thought, it was time to start a family of his own...

So as told by my father and he told by his father that is the Proud start of the Space Faring race of Robo-Duckions.  Brokers of Peace.  Mediators of Balance.  Dispensers of Retribution.  Preventers of Howard the Duck.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:01:27 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Re: Mafia L: A Ripple in the Pond
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 07:53:53 AM »
Early start today due to work reasons.  Voting will still close at 9.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:40:35 AM »
Please refer to this message: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34211.msg669356#msg669356
And the Addendum to the Rules Here: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34182.0

Your text has been saved.

--Ceric

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:45:26 AM »
Since that post above was largely discussion, I'm double posting.

Anyway, things went about as expected, really.  The player with The Madness seems to have targeted Despicable.  Mop it up was mafia, just like I said.  ShyGuy has been truthful as far as I can tell since the day's end, where he did swap a vote, but only because The Madness was going to target Mop it up until the vote went the other way, I suppose.

So, I'm left pretty clueless for today.  My only advice?  If you don't think you're mafia, consider checking your initial role PM again.  I thought I was a normal townie until I read it about three times.  Since the mafia clearly aren't getting a hit, maybe one or two of you missed that it's there?

I'll start investigating RAB and Dasmos, to check out what we find about 'em.  I figure it's better to save inactive mafia for last, considering the rules this time around, so even if one is mafia, it won't matter too much yet.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 10:43:06 AM »
Just to be helpful with everyone.  Check the Bottom of your PM's with Role information.

They will be in the form of:

<Story item>
<Request for Information if needed>
<Role, Investigation, Etc.>
<Rules or Paraphrase of the rules governing them>

So the initial role pms are all in the form.
<Story>
<Request for Information if Applicable>
You are <role>
<Role Rules with role name on top again>
<Support Thread Links>

Also the Mafia L: Citizen Health Checkup updates each day after the story post with new information. http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34183.0
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:53:31 AM by Ceric »

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia L: A Ripple in the Pond (Day 3)
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:04:27 PM »
This lockdown seems to be making people go crazy.  Reading through the newspaper stories of people getting their arms bitten off and the emegance of a prophetic chicken riding a cat are the major news stories of the day.  I decided to go to meet up with the man with the bushy mustache to see if he had anything to do with unfortunate demise of the man with the bowler hat.  Steping out on the street I see the corpse of what appears to be a red bird type creature.  "Is anybody going to clean this up?  What are these robots good for?"

----------------------------
Someone might be trying to frame you, but for now...

Vote Silenced
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:24:22 PM by apdude »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 12:10:46 PM »
Vindicated!
I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right
I swear I'm right
I swear I knew it all along

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 01:55:37 PM »
Ok, I'll admit it: I had The Madness last night.

My original target was Mop_it_up, but when her death was inevetible, I decided to kill Despicable, as he kept asking for my role, and annoyed me. It seemed like mafia behavior to me. Believe me, I'm a townie. Go ahead and kill me if you want.

But I'm going to Vote Stratos.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:57:59 PM by Silenced »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 02:24:07 PM »
A lot of quiet players this game. Makes me suspicious

Sundolous!
Rabicle!
Stevey!
Insanolord!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »
You know what's funny? I've been a combination of busy and sick (really bad combo, by the way), and just clicked into this thread and right back out to make the thing stop saying it was new, but then had to come right back in because I saw my name in the split second I was here.

So yeah, I've been quiet, partially because of those things and partially because I'm confused. Sorry about my inactivity, I'll do me best to catch back up.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »
"This city is getting awfully dirty.I guess I better clean it up.What is this a snail shaped like a dinosaur.Its kinda odd looking.This man with the bowler hat seems normal enough its a shame he couldn't have lived longer. A lolibots work is never done..."

I'll think about my vote for today. Maybe a look back on what has happened will help.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 03:19:47 PM »
Insano while that may be true, you DID use that as a cover last game.

People I don't trust:

Stratos
Insanolord

I have an odd feeling about them.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:02 PM »
Insano while that may be true, you DID use that as a cover last game.

People I don't trust:

Stratos
Insanolord

I have an odd feeling about them.

Was that the last game or the one before it? Either way, yeah, I did that recently. And I'm pretty sure I was mafia when I did. But I'm totally not this time.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:33 PM »
Please refer to this message: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34211.msg669356#msg669356
And the Addendum to the Rules Here: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34182.0

Your text has been saved.

--Ceric

Ceric, this scenario is different.  Those PMs I posted aren't PMs between players in confidence.  Literally, each one was a broadcast message to every player alive in the game, essentially, it was an open forum for the downtime.  I was merely placing them in the thread for convenience, and not to snoop about things. Unless I missed a player, every single player has every single PM I posted in their inbox.  I only believed it was easier to just have said PMs right in front of us for the purpose of the daily thread, so things wouldn't be unnecessarily difficult.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »
You know, I've had two people pm me claiming to be the investigator.

So one of them's a fake.

EDIT: I trust thatguy's judgement, so I shall...

VOTE SHYGUY

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 06:20:35 PM by Silenced »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 04:04:27 PM »

So one of them's a fake.

VOTE SHYGUY

I lacked some information when I implicated ShyGuy.  At this point I've got no reason to suspect him.

For entirely baseless reasons, I'm going to vote Nickmitch.

I literally have no reason to vote him out. I also have no reason to vote out anyone else.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 04:06:57 PM »

So one of them's a fake.

VOTE SHYGUY

He claimed to be the investigator, as did you. Something isn't right.

I lacked some information when I implicated ShyGuy.  At this point I've got no reason to suspect him.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »
You've got to work on your post quoting.  ShyGuy claimed to be investigator because I asked him to claim to be investigator.  That's what I asked him to do, and he did it.  If you think that's suspicious, consider it suspicious, but know that he was asked to do that when I first came to him to let him know about my role and my first investigation.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
Okay, I'm confused. Why would you tell ShyGuy to say he's investigator when he could very well be mafia and using your instructions to say he's investigator as a cover? Yeah I think that's suspicious.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 04:30:29 PM »
How am I suspicious? Thatguy will vouch for me. I helped vote out mafia. I originally defended Mop it up because she was a friend in danger claiming to be innocent. I changed my vote to go against her when thatguy pulled me over and explained things to me.

Okay, I'm confused. Why would you tell ShyGuy to say he's investigator when he could very well be mafia and using your instructions to say he's investigator as a cover? Yeah I think that's suspicious.

Because sometimes you have to choose to trust other players. At this point you are more suspicious in attacking the investigator (who is confirmed  at this point pretty much) and also attacking his allies.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:32:14 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 04:36:11 PM »
Then who am I allowed to vote for if everyone I mention is "innocent".

thatguy who's not in your circle of confirmed townies?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 04:39:21 PM »
Because at that point in time, I took a risk to get someone I knew was mafia voted out. I thought that given the mafia are low in number, and I already knew one of them, if I were to contact one player and ask that player to pass on the message of who a mafia player is in order to get said mafia player voted out, it could work without requiring me to reveal myself.  Additionally, the more players that claim to be the investigator out there, the less likely I am to be targeted by the mafia.

Yes, ShyGuy could have used what I asked him to do to try to appear as though he was the investigator as cover for a mafia player, but he also could have done it to get a player out.  That's nothing substantial either way.  The same question could be asked of why a player would have wanted him to alter who was being voted out at the last minute, and instead, vote for someone we now know is a townie.  But you're not asking those questions.  In both cases, at this point in time, the course of actions follow the logic a townie player would use if he or she were interested in winning without regard to his or her own safety.

And yeah, no real reason to suspect Stratos at this point in time, especially since he did remove some info I asked him to remove yesterday, and voted against Mop it up in a battle where typically he'd probably go the other direction if he weren't taking a risk.

Keep in mind, the mafia don't really know each other are. I mean, they literally don't know the identity of fellow mafia members.  There hasn't been a mafia conspiracy here yet, though with each day, there's a greater chance remaining mafia members identify each other.

You can vote for whomever you want. I know one confirmed townie: Toruresu.  Anyone else has not been investigated.  Make up your own mind. I'm not your boss.  I'm not saying not to vote for ShyGuy, I'm just saying your reasoning for voting ShyGuy made no sense, as he did what I asked him to do.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 05:12:50 PM »
I guess Roll will vote now.
I'll vote Nickmitch.

Reasoning is that he has only voted once and that was on the first day and he hasn't been active aside from that. He might be laying low to wait out his Mafia search thingy.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 06:20:13 PM »
Meh, I vote Dasmos.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 08:07:33 PM »
vote dasmos

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 08:28:38 PM »
Yeah, folks, I hate to say this, but I'm going to have a surprisingly minimal role in this, at least for the next little bit of time.  Sorry.  I'll keep everyone posted on the results of investigations for as long as I'm alive.  Send me people you want to see investigated, please.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 08:32:52 PM »
Ok, even after reading the thread I'm still lost.

Mop it up was mafia, dead. How many are left? Why wouldn't they know they are mafia?

I'm utterly confused.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 08:34:23 PM »
Around 3-5 mafia members left. That's just an estimate.

Since the mafia has been rather inactive, I'm guessing those who haven't participated at all are responsible.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 08:38:54 PM »
We could just go down the list of inactive players day by day. We haven't had a mafia hit yet, right?

Thatguy search the active folk and we just vote out inactives until we find a live one.

I'll stick with Voting Nickmitch for now.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 08:40:12 PM »
We could just go down the list of inactive players day by day. We haven't had a mafia hit yet, right?

Thatguy search the active folk and we just vote out inactives until we find a live one.

I'll stick with Voting Nickmitch for now.

Alright, vote nickmitch
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 08:41:12 PM »
Ok, even after reading the thread I'm still lost.

Mop it up was mafia, dead. How many are left? Why wouldn't they know they are mafia?

I'm utterly confused.
If Ceric is using the 4 townies to 1 Mafia ratio that I mentioned in the sign up thread then there would be 4 Mafia total. Ceric hasn't revealed how many Mafia or normal townies there is. The reason why the Mafia doesn't know each other is because Ceric set it up that way at the start. Whoever is Mafia knows that they are Mafia but they have no idea on who else is on their team.However over the next few days they could learn each other.

If you have any other questions you can PM me if you want.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:46:53 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 08:44:42 PM »
If we're lucky the mafia will run about and kill each other off.  :)

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 08:52:33 PM »
Ok, I'll admit it: I had The Madness last night.

My original target was Mop_it_up, but when her death was inevetible, I decided to kill Despicable, as he kept asking for my role, and annoyed me. It seemed like mafia behavior to me. Believe me, I'm a townie. Go ahead and kill me if you want.

Just because you had the Madness doesn't mean your not Mafia.  (sorry for the double negitive)

ReVote Silenced

You've been the most suspicious/defensive so far
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:31:22 PM by apdude »

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
Then why would I attempt to kill Mop? I pmed someone telling them to lean the vote on Despicable and I would take care of Mop. Now, here we are.

Even if I WAS mafia, wouldn't I have sent out a hit or locate my underworld buddies? (which I haven't been doing)

BTW I'm being defensive because I've got a feeling that the vote will be stacked against me REAL soon.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 09:14:56 PM »
For all I know you could be mafia and don't know who your mafia buddies are, and as I understand the rules the majority of the mafia have to place a hit for a hit to go through so if 2 or 3 of them vote no hit or don't vote then there is no hit.  If you are just a townie why didn't you do your madness hit during the day?  there was a 75 percent chance that it would be revieled that you are a townie (if that's what you are) which would vindicate you.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 09:24:40 PM »
Because I thought I would become an easy target for the mafia if I carried out the hit during the day. I only knew later in the game that the mafia didn't know each other.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 09:30:58 PM »
Ok I'll remove my vote for now, since it seams that everyone want's to concentrate on quite people, but if I end up dead I think we will have a top suspect.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 09:48:25 PM »
Great. Now that you think I have the urge to kill you, that gives the mafia a perfect oppurtunity to frame me by killing you.

Argument aside, let's work together as the townies we are. I've pmed thatguy for some info but he hasn't gotten back to me yet, maybe something will turn up.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 10:01:01 PM »
Alright Vote Closed Night everybody.  I'll be opening a Night thread tonight.