Author Topic: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – DAY 4  (Read 11852 times)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – DAY 4
« on: November 12, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »
Plugabugz and UncleBob approached the bridge of the Death Star. The guards at the door noticed them coming and stepped in front of them.

"Halt! State your business!" said one of the two NPC stormtroopers guarding the door. Much to their surprise, Plugabugz and UncleBob fired on them, killing them instantly. They stepped over them and entered the darkened bridge. Strangely, the room was completely deserted.

"Vader! Tarkin! Come out! We have business!" shouted Plugabugz, his eyes glinting crazily. Suddenly, from the shadows all around sprang uncountable numbers of stormtroopers! Plugabugz whipped off his helmet and drew his lightsaber, revealing himself as Luke Skywalker! "Leia," he whispered, "stay close." UncleBob threw off his helmet, and in a flash of white cloth, where UncleBob the stormtrooper had stood, there was Princess Leia in her white robe, blaster in hand! "Bring it on!" she said as she began firing.

Together they blasted stormtrooper after stormtrooper, Luke masterfully deflecting all their blaster fire and Leia picking them off one by one, but more kept coming! Luke was getting tired by now... his light saber moved more slowly... one by one he began missing the blaster fire, and then... searing pain in his left shoulder. He was hit! "Leia, get away! Get yourself out of here! I'll dist--!" But then, another blast knocked him backwards, and another, and another. All Leia could do was watch as Luke Skywalker, aka Plugabugz, lay before her, defeated. She was in shock, but there was no time to react. She had to get out of there!

Just then, a booming voice echoed through the room. "ENOUGH." The blaster fire stopped, and Leia looked around for the source. Ahead of her, the crowd of stormtroopers divided and from between them stepped... Darth Vader!

"You've caused quite a lot of trouble. But that comes to and end here."

"But aren't you going to imprison me so that you can try to torture information out of me?" Leia said, hoping for a little more time to either plan an escape or be rescued by some other random Jedi.

"Not this time. Goodbye, Princess Leia." And with that, Vader drew his lightsaber and dispatched the lovely UncleBob Leia.

"By the way," Vader said in passing as he looked at the bodies of Luke and Leia before him, "Who's your daddy? Yeah, that's right – me." He sighed. "Kids these days... Stormtroopers, deal with this mess," he said, then turned with a swish of his cape and was gone.

As the stormtroopers left the room, Ghost Han could be seen in the corner. "FACEPALM," he said, as Ghost Luke and Ghost Leia materialized next to him. "Can't win 'em all!" laughed Ghost Luke with a cheesy, stereotypical sitcom shrug. "Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope, or some junk, LOL!" giggled Ghost Leia.

--------------------------

MEANWHILE!!! A tiny one-man ship stealthily approached the Death Star. It latched onto a bulkhead and, scarcely visible, a figure could be seen cutting a tiny person-sized hole, then slipping inside... Who could this mysterious figure be???

--------------------------

The Results!
Plugabugz, aka Luke Skywalker (mafia godfather) was voted out!
UncleBob, aka Princess Leia (mafia goon 2) was hit by Vader!

Note: Insanolord needs to vote today, or he will die due to inactivity. Everyone else is fine. Get those night actions in anytime!

Day 4 begins now!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 06:23:40 PM by decoyman »
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – DAY 4
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 12:26:47 AM »
Boom, now that's what I call sweet victory!
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 12:33:40 AM »
Why don't I ever stick to my original gut reaction? I never had this problem before in the past. Thank you team.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 01:02:31 AM »
Stormtrooper Gary was walking down a corridor (imagine that), whistling a little tune, when he heard a rustling behind him.

"What's going on here?" he wondered aloud, hitting down+B. There was a vaguely familiar-looking older man with graying hair, and boy did he look mean.

"My son. Where is he?" the strange man demanded.

"What are you talking about??" Stormtrooper Gary replied, completely confused.

"My son. Boba Fett. I heard he was here. Talk now, or die." The mysterious man began walking slowly towards Stormtrooper Gary, something that Stormtrooper Gary found quite unsettling.

"Look," he said, backing away, "I have no idea what you're talking about, so why don't we--" but before he could finish, Stormtrooper Gary was dead.

The strange man took Stormtrooper Gary's suit – "Thanks for the threads." – and jogged off down the corridor.

----------------------------

Jango Fett (what?? isn't he dead?) has entered the brawl!

Call me a dungeon master throwing a trapdoor over a spike-filled pit at his intrepid band of adventurers. Call it Mario Kart rubber band AI. Whatever. One townie has been replaced with a new killer. The bottom line is, this game needed a killer to be balanced. When nicktmich/Boba Fett was never even able to affect the game because of technical issues (and admittedly, with the townies doing really well, actually), it lost some balance, and the game was likely heading toward a rather anticlimactic end. Think of this as throwing in some cayenne pepper to the pot.

Please note, this is the only "curve ball" I'll be throwing you this game.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 06:24:03 PM by decoyman »
Twitter

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 01:07:26 AM »
Boooo! You do realize that pretty much all townies are working together and know who has what role? Even with the elimination of the last mafia member, someone or two is going to get screwed out of a win because of this extra hit.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 01:13:58 AM »
Boooo! You do realize that pretty much all townies are working together and know who has what role? Even with the elimination of the last mafia member, someone or two is going to get screwed out of a win because of this extra hit.

In a game with the killer, at least two more townies would be dead by now. No one has to get cheated out of anything, especially with the "let a dead townie win" rule. The most valuable player (even if dead) will still get to win.

I suggest you start trying to figure out who the mole is.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 06:24:54 PM by decoyman »
Twitter

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 01:25:27 AM »
Wow, that is incredible.
That curveball really sucks, but I guess it is sort of fair. This game was weighted for the townies since day 1.

Well, if Thatguy is telling the truth, that I was investigated and came back townie, then I think that pretty much proves my innocence. We've now got two more people to worry about, however. It might be a good idea to try for that last Mafia member first, as I'd think they'd be easier to find than the new killer. That would basically be guesswork at this point.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 01:29:18 AM »
Khush just sent me a PM, and I started replying there, but I think it's more useful out here in the thread:

Yes, I've chosen the player already, and the PM has gone out. It was a random choice from the townies.

And I'm not screwing anyone out of a prize. If anything, I'm giving one person a better chance to win a prize. As a townie, that person would almost surely be overshadowed by roled players. But if the killer were to somehow make a go of it, it could give them a chance at the prize.

The townies have done great so far. If I didn't think you guys could overcome this twist, I wouldn't have done it.
Twitter

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 01:35:45 AM »
Well, just a little further on the twist. We all know the killer was found on Day 1. He was always screwed. So, we would have had one more townie death, not 2. Moreover, Maxi was given the info on the killer in the hopes the mafia would off him for us. The killer role was always screwed this game. I can't help it if the townies came out swinging.

What about the investigator? If he's investigated a townie before, will he get an update if that Townie's status changes?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 02:07:10 AM »
I was about to ask about investigated townies, myself.

So we knew who UncleBob was, and his little speech about Pale and holding me accountable was a very thin veil that he was setting up to try to get me voted out tomorrow.  Yeah, we hooked Vader up with the info about UncleBob, because we figured Vader should take the sure kill, and it would be a surprise, so we could key in on mafia moves.

In retrospect, though, we should have saved killing UncleBob for later, since we knew he was Leia, it would have been a better strategic move to vote him out the day after we killed Luke.  Still, having one killer and one identifiable mafia member makes the game easier for all of us.  We've made serious progress very quickly, really.

Wow, that is incredible.
That curveball really sucks, but I guess it is sort of fair. This game was weighted for the townies since day 1.

Well, if Thatguy is telling the truth, that I was investigated and came back townie, then I think that pretty much proves my innocence. We've now got two more people to worry about, however. It might be a good idea to try for that last Mafia member first, as I'd think they'd be easier to find than the new killer. That would basically be guesswork at this point.

That is exactly what happened.  You were investigated on Day 2, came back as a townie.  We weren't sure because you were playing a little funny, but now, you're a townie or the killer for sure.  Definitely not mafia.

Edit:  Anyways, yesterday's actions pretty much mean Pale is the townie or the killer, as well, so he can be removed from lists of who could be mafia, if anyone's marking those things down.

For interest of the record, just to have it, we're down two townies, but have killed the killer and three mafia members, a major portion of which is thanks to Vader, and the instincts and cooperation in Vader's play.  It worked out pretty perfectly, in this regard.

Everyon remaining Storm Trooper should see something along the lines of that there's six people that have the potential to be either Jango Fett or Obi-Wan, while two more, as we understand, are only possible to be Jango Fett.  Lord Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin, unfortunately only can see that seven people have said potential, because they can't include themselves on the save list twice, unlike each individual Storm Trooper.

I haven't heard who's been identified today, and honestly, I think it would be safer for investigated players, thanks to the existence of Jango, to stay secret, in order to not disrupt townie alliance possibilities, and have "clean" players killed off by the mafia.  This actually hurts Mop_it_up, I'd say, because of what I said yesterday, though today's events could not be foreseen.

All this said, this game still has a chance to grow interesting.

What would be humorous, though, is if the killer and the mafia kill each other simultaneously.  I'd find it entertaining, at least.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 03:19:10 AM »
Well, I was kicking myself all night at work because I was afraid I had sealed Khush's fate by not switching to Pale before leaving. I didn't have time to come and switch my vote between running errands and going to work so it was stuck as Plugz. I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

Is changing the game like that and adding someone legal or have a precedence? It feels a bit wrong to know someone was added like that. Though I guess since it is decoyman's game he can kinda do what he wants.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 03:48:40 AM »
Vote Stratos

Don't think I've gotten distracted and forgotten about our duel, hon. Things have gotten boring around here. Entertain me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 03:54:14 AM »
We'll, only just for tonight, baby. Tomorrow morning we have to get down to business. Bring it.

Vote Mop it up

LOL
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 04:01:48 AM »
Hey, there might not be a tomorrow. For the both of us, at least. With there now being two people with the power to kill, the chance of something happening to you or I has increased quite a bit since the first day. Might as well duel whilst we still can.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 04:02:43 AM »
Hey, there might not be a tomorrow. For the both of us, at least. With there now being two people with the power to kill, the chance of something happening to you or I has increased quite a bit since the first day. Might as well duel whilst we still can.

But remember, love, Tomorrow Never Dies.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 04:04:33 AM »
I'm going to make tomorrow the day that you worried about yesterday, but you won't know why until it is too late.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 04:38:29 AM »
Well, I was kicking myself all night at work because I was afraid I had sealed Khush's fate by not switching to Pale before leaving. I didn't have time to come and switch my vote between running errands and going to work so it was stuck as Plugz. I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

Is changing the game like that and adding someone legal or have a precedence? It feels a bit wrong to know someone was added like that. Though I guess since it is decoyman's game he can kinda do what he wants.

It does.  I like the idea.  What kind of a game master doesn't what the game to be fun?  And it can't be fun if it's too easy, right?  So now it's more fun, I like the idea :)

Edit:  Also, I even did it in my last game :p

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 07:52:17 AM »
Hurray! See I wasn't lying.

I'm not the new killer.  I don't know who to vote for.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 10:26:57 AM »
Let's debate over here, guys. I can be convinced either way.

Give me your arguments for or against. I'll even put up a poll.
Twitter

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 11:26:17 AM »
Well regardless of what happens, we might as well take care of the last remaining mafia member and block one hit.

Un-VOTE NUCLEARSPEED. Haven't done a good job voting. Why start now?

Sorry man. I was hoping you were a townie this game since you were actively voting and not lying low but it is obvious you are Obi-Wan. Good game.

Townie alliance might as well have one last day of comradrie before suspicion tears us apart.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 09:59:21 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 01:50:17 PM »
You got it all wrong. I am a townie, but if I were Obi-Wan, then would you really want to kill me?? Obi-Wan would only become stronger.

In an effort to save myself vote mop-it-up

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 02:04:18 PM »
::grins with extreme satisfaction:: The rebels are falling left and right. Corpses of their leaders are starting to litter the ground, the empire may finally accomplish what the separatists could not, the destruction of the Jedi Order and bring peace to the galaxy. The Sith will rise again.

Let me meditate on who the next victim will be.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 02:10:32 PM »
Death will not stop me from finding the droids I am looking for.

Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 02:47:20 PM »
See, now I know for future reference, playing mafia in the week leading up to finals is a bad idea.

VOTE NUCLEARSPEED
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 03:08:09 PM »
The thread was locked right before I got to post my opinion so here it is:

I strongly disapprove of this rule change.

It almost feels like you're punishing the townies for playing too well. I understand that you want to host a good game, but it isn't fair to change things when a game doesn't play out the way that you wanted it to. No one could foresee the events that took place on day one, you can't really account for users being unable to visit. But things happen in Mafia, and when they do, you just have to let them happen.

I've been on the losing end of something like this, in my very first game in fact. It sucks. But you didn't see me screaming for rule changes. There's always next game.