Author Topic: Killer 7 Released  (Read 5577 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Killer 7 Released
« on: July 05, 2005, 10:30:08 AM »
Featuring funky artwork and lots of blood.

CAPCOM ® RELEASES KILLER 7 TM FOR THE NINTENDO GAMECUBE TM AND PLAYSTATION ® 2 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM    

Seven Deadly Personalities Form A Lethal Alliance    

SUNNYVALE, Calif. - July 5, 2005 — Capcom ® today released killer 7 TM , a stylized, post-modern action adventure game for the PlayStation ® 2 computer entertainment system and Nintendo GameCube TM . Featuring distinct characters, striking cel-shaded visuals and dark imagery, killer 7 chronicles the connection between two men whose intertwined paths develop into a complex tale of altering personas and a menacing force that has paralyzed society. killer 7 propels players into the consciousness of one man and his killer personalities all the while stopping a wave of indiscriminate violence that is plaguing the world. killer 7 is rated 'M' for mature audiences by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board).    

The world has finally embraced global peace. A network of intercontinental expressways has been established, bridging the continents. Radioactive materials and weapons of mass destruction have been eliminated, removing all threats to peace. Then in a major turn of events, the world stood in silence as a new fear was unleashed and the 'killer 7' was commissioned to handle this new threat to mankind.    

In killer 7, players take on the role of Harman Smith an unlikely assassin who leads a life as the "master" who rules over seven alter egos. Switching between his seven different personalities, Harman employs each personality's unique abilities to complete their mission. Now, a powerful underworld kingpin has unleashed violent creatures onto the world called 'Heaven's Smile.' These crazed soldiers, affixed with horrific smiles, have started to wreak havoc on city streets. It is up to the player to interchange Harman's seven 'partners' and utilize the special powers that dwell within them in order to assassinate Kun Lan, the notorious criminal overlord behind all the madness.    

Among the many features killer 7 will deliver are:    

-Distinctive and visually stunning, post-modern approach to cel shaded environments    

-Unique cast of playable characters – Each persona has different strengths, special abilities and weapons that help Harman proceed through the game. The seven personalities that comprise the "Smith Alliance" include:  

• Garcian Smith – The only member of the killer7 that can communicate with Harman, he is the leader of the 'alliance' who posses the unique ability to retrieve and revive the bodies of the fallen personalities. The master of telegnosis, his weapon of choice is a silenced handgun.  
  • Dan Smith – A marksman with exceptional skills, Dan is a well balanced assassin who has the ability to shoot "Demon Shells" from his revolver that can obliterate enemies with a destructive force.  
  • Mask De Smith – Toting two powerful grenade launchers, he wields the most firepower of any of the personalities. @ He also uses deadly wrestling moves to destroy objects and obstacles that get in the way.  
  • Coyote Smith – A thug and petty thief, he is a skilled lock-picker armed with a modified revolver. His greatest power is his jumping prowess, making him the perfect character for hard-to-reach places.  
  • Kaede Smith – The only female personality of the group, she is a force to be reckoned. Armed with her scope-mounted automatic pistol, she is able to zoom-in and takes out enemies from a distance. She is also able to use her own blood to break through barriers that impede her progress.  
  • Con Smith – The blind and youngest member of the killer7 team is blessed with super speed and exceptional hearing that enables him to 'see'. Armed with double automatics, he can unleash rounds with blinding speed.  
  • Kevin Smith – A recluse personality that can eliminate a target with ease using a number of masterful knife wielding techniques. This killer can become invisible enabling him to slip through sensors and pass enemies undetected.    

-Change characters any time, any where during gameplay.

• ::Michael "TYP" Cole
    ::Associate Editor
    Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
    • Score: 4
      • View Profile
    RE: Killer 7 Released
    « Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 12:38:32 PM »
    This just in from Hell: It's rather breezy outside so you may want to wear a sweater.

ZING!
    I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • Score: 3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 05:14:58 PM »
    It's even funnier if you imagine satan himself, the great king of lies, making snow angels.

How did this do for reviews? I don't remember hearing good things...

-SB
    "OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
      • View Profile
    RE:Killer 7 Released
    « Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 05:18:42 PM »
    "How did this do for reviews? I don't remember hearing good things"

IGN have a video review up, proberly best to watch that then read about it
    it explains it alot more, and u get to visualize at the same time

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 05:21:59 PM »
    Just looked around at some scores. Sounds like rental material at best. :\

-SB
    "OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Talon

• Score: 0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 07:47:53 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
    Just looked around at some scores. Sounds like rental material at best. :\

-SB

I have been quite interested in this title for quite some time and cant wait for it to be released (15th July for Aus).  With such a unique style of gameplay I think hurt it in the reviews, however the art style is right up my alley and am looking forward to picking it up next week.  
    Whats at the end?
    Whats at the end?
    Whats at the end of Satan's rainbow?

Offline ghostVi

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 05:17:47 AM »
    Seeing how IGN gave it 8.1 mainly bacause of an awkward control scheme I only get more interested in the title - after all i loved p.n.03, which got it's (relatively) low scores for the same reasons.

Now let's see what the PGC staff have to say about this game.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 10:03:43 AM »
    The main complaint I've heard about it thus far is that the gameplay is very repetitive and lacks imagination while the game itself tries too hard to be "art".

Don't let my findings stop you from trying it, though, but know that the reviews haven't been rave.

Also, did anyone else chuckle at the fact that the personality which uses stealth and "silence" is called "Kevin Smith"?

-SB

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
    • Score: 82
      • View Profile
      • FACEBOOK!
    « Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 10:46:45 AM »
    HA! That's hiarious!!!!!
    Thanks Smash_Brother, I didn't even catch that.
    TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 02:24:34 PM »
    I'm probably gonna rent it first.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • Score: 28
      • View Profile
      • Six Sided Video
    « Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 04:45:21 PM »
    Killer7 is a funky-weirdo game.  Controls are easy.  Running into walls, inspecting every cabinet like in Resident Evil it is Not.  Just go places and find things to shoot.  And talk gibberish with ghosts.

Funky-weirdo.  I like this.
    :: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
    PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • Score: 11
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 04:54:53 PM »
    It seems that if you can stand the controls, the game is above average, but if you hate the controls, it will absolutely SUCK.  Personally, I think I'd like the game, but there's no way I can be positive with a game so out there.  Luckily, just found a Blockbuster gift card, so I can rent this and Star Fox Assault without feeling like an idiot for spending like $5 a night, or whatever it is.
    kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
      • View Profile
      • Six Sided Video
    « Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 02:31:06 AM »
    I've finished the first "chapter" if you can call it that...  And now for my current impressions plus review score:

o_O
    :: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
    PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
    • Score: 52
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 02:40:43 AM »
    0 out of 0! OMG is that even possible??
    Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • Score: 64
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 06:40:48 AM »
    o_O is a type of emotiocon it has two meaningfs..it can mean oooh or meh
    NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
      • View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 09:16:35 AM »
    No, it's 'o' out of 0.

Trying to let the computer tell me what percentage that amounts to resulted in this:
       No instance for (Integral Char)
         arising from use of `div' at <interactive>:1
       In the definition of `it': it = div 'o' 0

First to guess what program I asked gets a cookie, regardless of what Paladin thinks about giving out cookies.

Perm: I believe it means "WTF???".

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • Score: 2
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 09:18:56 PM »
    I'm getting this game as soon as possible (either tomorrow or later this weekend).  I love the style of the game, and my excellent intuition tells me that the game itself will rock me hard.  I'm really looking forward to it.
    HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
    YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
    • Score: 52
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 11:33:29 PM »

Originally posted by: ThePerm
    o_O is a type of emotiocon it has two meaningfs..it can mean oooh or meh

Yeah i know....but i thought that seeing it was a review score it would have a numerical value, i look at it and it looked like 2 zeros. I was being silly that's all..........

o_O  
    Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline ghostVi

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: July 08, 2005, 08:27:49 AM »
    KDR, is that Haskell? Is it a good prototyping language, what's your impression? I'm looking for something to use for quick coding for GTK and OS X, and it looks like Haskell has that, along with the curiosity factor (I've never done anything meaningful using a functional language.)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: July 08, 2005, 11:15:51 PM »
    Yep, Haskell. You use it when you want to solve something mathematically, not when you want efficiency or more complicated programs (e.g. UIs). GTK sounds like you're going for a GUI, that's the kind of work I'd never use Haskell for.

Offline ghostVi

• View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: July 11, 2005, 12:35:18 AM »
    Ok, thanks. Yeah I'm thinking about simple GUI apps (or a simple UI part at least), I think I'll give it a try though, out of curiosity.

Back on topic: is there a PGC review of Killer7 comming soon?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
    • Score: 82
      • View Profile
      • FACEBOOK!
    « Reply #21 on: July 11, 2005, 09:17:22 AM »
    Comming soon, I'd assume.
    TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.