Author Topic: Bomberman Ships To Retail  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Bomberman Ships To Retail
« on: June 16, 2005, 03:43:38 PM »
And come June 21st, it can be yours.

June 16, 2005 - Today, Ubisoft announced that Bomberman for Nintendo DS is  shipping for retail this week and will be available at North American  retailers by June 21, 2005.    

The Bomberman series returns with Bomberman for Nintendo DS, boasting the  first eight-player wireless LAN action for the Nintendo DS system and  supporting the DS microphone. Bomberman's addictive blend of strategy and  action will keep puzzle fans and players of all ages and skill levels drawn  to the 100 stages of gameplay.    

Key features:  * Multiplayer action: Eight players can battle it out simultaneously via a  wireless LAN connection.    

* 100 stages: Bomberman challenges even the most die-hard Bomberman and  puzzle-game fans with 100 stages to test their gaming reflexes and strategic  minds.    

* Dual-screen action: Bomberman creates massive mazes by using the DS  dual-screen capabilities.    

* DS microphone support: Bomberman supports the DS microphone via  sound-recognition, allowing players to call out battle commands to their  Bomberman.    

* Single-Card Play: Ensures friends will be able to get in on the  multiplayer action for up to eight players.    

Bomberman, developed by Hudson Software, ships with an ESRB rating of "E"  (Everyone) and a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information,  news and updated content on Bomberman, please visit www.ubi.com.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Bomberman Ships To Retail
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 07:38:08 PM »
Awesome...Now if only I can pry my hands away from Kirby (wait, eww) I'll be picking this up next week...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 09:36:57 PM »
Does Mrs. Kirby know about your tawdry affair?

Wait, I have my spherical heroes mixed up: Kirby's the perpetual bachelor.

I'd very much like to see a review of this game. I've found that bomberman titles are often hit or miss...

-SB  
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 12:48:54 AM »
Are we even sure that Kirby is male? Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out that Kirby was a girl all the time? I mean, seriously, how many men suck and blow...

You know, if you don't buy Bomberman and save up another twenty bucks you can get Battlefield 2 instead...

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 05:29:48 PM »
I think Kirby is referred to as a "he" in the instruction manuals. Also, Kirby is named after a male developer and was a placeholder until they could design the real character but they wound up keeping him instead.

Though I'll be the first to admit that Kirby is about as androgynous as they come...

Also, unless Battlefield 2 has a mac client out there somewhere, it ain't gonna happen.

-SB  
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 07:08:47 PM »
Review's coming around midnight.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 10:17:45 PM »
Smash_brother: Japanese has no personal pronouns so the translation added the gender there. I think Samus was referred to as a he in the first Metroid's manual.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 10:40:45 PM »
30th for Europe/Oztralia. Rock. I can't wait, this is going to be awesome-o-tastic, especially in multiplayer. 100 single player stages, HOLY CRAP.