Author Topic: Namco Releases Two DS Games  (Read 1934 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Namco Releases Two DS Games
« on: November 30, 2004, 08:04:37 AM »
Drill or Drive with Namco on the Nintendo DS.

MR. DRILLER® DRILL SPIRITS AND RIDGE RACER® DS LAUNCH ON NINTENDO DS

Namco Franchise Favorites Ship to Stores Nationwide For Nintendo DS

SAN JOSE, Ca., (November 30, 2004) - Leading video games publisher and developer Namco Hometek Inc. announced today that Mr. DRILLER® Drill Spirits has begun shipping to retail outlets nationwide exclusively for the Nintendo DS.  Namco has also announced that another favorite franchise title, Ridge Racer® DS, will begin shipping the first week of December 2004. Taking advantage of the technology the new platform has to offer, both titles utilize dual-screen support and wireless connectivity to the fullest - providing players with the ultimate Nintendo DS gaming experience.  

"The unique attributes of the Nintendo DS platform have allowed our designers to be truly innovative in developing these two launch titles," said Nobuhiro Kasahara, president and chief executive officer of Namco Hometek Inc. "We're thrilled to be able to offer Mr. DRILLER and Ridge Racer fans a completely new and exciting way to experience their favorite games."  

Mr. DRILLER Drill Spirits allows players to utilize the innovative dual-screen interface and the new stylus for the ultimate in drilling action. Players are challenged to either rescue their fellow Drillers or collect power capsules to destroy the menacing Destroyer Drill.  Supporting up to five players via Nintendo DS wireless capabilities, Mr. DRILLER Drill Spirits offers players various quick play modes and head-to-head races anytime and anywhere.  

Ridge Racer DS, the popular arcade racing series, provides racing fans with all the tire-screechin' fast-paced action they can handle -- all in the palm of their hands on the Nintendo DS.  By offering true analog steering through the Nintendo DS touch screen, players can experience a variety of single-player racing modes, multiplayer races supporting up to six players and much more.    

Mr. DRILLER Drill Spirits is available now in North American retail outlets and Ridge Racer DS will be available in December 2004 exclusively on the Nintendo DS.  For more information, please visit: www.namco.com.  

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline thepoga

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Namco Releases Two DS Games
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 12:57:59 PM »
is ridge racer single cart multiplayer?

EDIT: after an hour of searching, I have found out that it is. So yeah.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 05:57:57 PM »
Yeah, but I hear Mr. Driller ISN'T single card...

Not sure what's up with that...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 06:29:33 PM »
It has to do with the willingness of the developer...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 08:27:10 AM »
Sadly, I'm looking in the direction of "We can make more money this way."

But maybe that's the natural pessimism which soaks in over time...  
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64