Author Topic: new dev house for nintendo  (Read 4281 times)

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
new dev house for nintendo
« on: April 17, 2003, 07:26:14 PM »
according to ign nintendo just opened up a new dev house to work on new and unique games....hopefully this bring more mature and new franchises to the nintendo name....i think nintendo needs to open about one 2 new dev houses a year for the next ten years....they need a bigger variety games, and if they cant get them 3rd party, then they need to make their own. nintendo does need more 1st party variety and hopefully they can get this from these dudes.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 07:59:04 PM »
this is a step in the right direction, should yeild interesting results any idea on their name? EADjr?

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 08:17:29 PM »
all i bloody want is rpgs.  thats it, i would by every single one if they released them.  I would pur hundreds of dollars into it.  I allready own all the RPG's for advance.

And i mean turn based or battle scemed rpg's, none of that baulders gate stuff.  It is the eastern RPG i love, ours are only about finding weapons and armor, thiers are captivating and will allways be remembered.  So i am praying we get some RPG action, and fast.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 08:20:24 PM »
Interesting to see what this Dev house shows us.

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 08:22:27 PM »
E3 my friend, E3
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 08:42:05 PM »
hopefully it will be to recarnate nes classics, since people have been pushing to see them again since many popped up on AC and tropheys on melee.
I mean it was the fans to pushed nintendo into putting metroid prime into development

Offline snorgasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 08:43:30 PM »
i think the timing of this indicates that this dev house will focus on bringing "mature" games out.. nintendo is notorious for their cutesy games.. maybe this division will focus on "cool" stuff.. it will be interesting to see what happens with this.. yay
-- COMMODE7 - we write about videogames.. or something...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2003, 09:52:34 PM »
I hate to ruin the mood guys but this could just be a new dev house for GC-GBA connectivity... Or online games! Or maybe rpgs? Or maybe fps?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2003, 10:54:15 PM »

Originally posted by: RahXephon
all i bloody want is rpgs.  thats it, i would by every single one if they released them.  I would pur hundreds of dollars into it.  I allready own all the RPG's for advance.

And i mean turn based or battle scemed rpg's, none of that baulders gate stuff.  It is the eastern RPG i love, ours are only about finding weapons and armor, thiers are captivating and will allways be remembered.  So i am praying we get some RPG action, and fast.

They did pick up Brownie Brown and Genius Sonority.  Those two I think are intended to make people like us happy.  We will see at E3 what they have in store for us I hope.  I just pray that they are working on GameCube projects.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2003, 07:03:32 AM »
And EAD is already one of the largest development houses.  You see, this is why Nintendo is the best gaming company, they always want to put out the best games and then set their objectives to reach their goals.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2003, 07:42:11 AM »
well this ign article did state that the press release was very vague.......all i really saw was that this dev house would be based in tokyo(instead of kyoto,where nintendos head quarters is). and that it would develope NEW and UNIQUE games. i am guess that means that they will be all new and unique games from nintendo....i am sure they will put out more "mature" games....possibly rpgs....and yea no baulders gate. hopefully some of the dev houses they have picked up start puttin out some games or something....cuz nintendo needs to basically support itself.  
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2003, 11:21:50 AM »
Grey Ninja - Brownie Brown is of course developing a new Secret of Mana game for GBA, but I sure do hope they release a GameCube RPG along with it.

silks
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2003, 12:32:14 PM »

Originally posted by: Silks
Grey Ninja - Brownie Brown is of course developing a new Secret of Mana game for GBA, but I sure do hope they release a GameCube RPG along with it.

silks

Yes, but I am right positive I saw on PGC that Brownie Brown is making a GameCube game...  Here it is.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=1988
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2003, 10:38:54 PM »
is it me that when i come across the name "Brownie Brown", it makes me think of something you find in the toilet?

Offline Tael

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2003, 01:54:39 AM »
AiAi - In Celtic folklore, a brownie is a household spirit associated with farmsteads. Brownies help with chores, but, if criticized, they will make mischief, such as spoiling crops. If payment other than food is offered to a brownie, they vanish from a farm forever.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2003, 10:32:03 AM »
......great story.....well i think that all nintendo dev teams that are capable of deveolpingfor the cube should be doing so. and leave the gba to the teams that cant do 3d or 3rd party. cube needs some support.

Thomas Paine

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2003, 03:25:06 PM »
I'll be watching whatever they make, but I don't really like any rpgs.  However. . . I'll have to keep an eye open. . . sounds promising.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>