Author Topic: pokemon r/s questions....  (Read 3342 times)

Offline nintendoid

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
pokemon r/s questions....
« on: April 17, 2003, 05:47:47 AM »
i'm gonna purchase pokemon soon, coz i leave in malaysia, and games arrive pretty late over here. i'm still deciding on which version i should pick, ruby or sapphire. my main criteria is graphics and i'm kinda wondering which looks better. and also, i really dont know on which starter pokemon i should pick. i think torchic has a really cool 'macho' look in it's last evolution form, but is it safe to choose it in the the beginning of the game, where it can survive the first few gyms and all? u guys can also recommend some me some good pokemon that i can use as my team if u want. well, thats all and tq!!

animal crossing info; (i'm probably the only malaysian who owns the gamecube)
town:Croswood
name:Clover
ps: i need a bass
adrien

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 07:54:57 AM »
well i have sapphire.... um i love it alot.  I think that mudkip is easiest starting pokemon, the torchic and trailing far behind on the hard side is Treecko.  The game is really great.  I like Zigzagoon alot, although he has evolved for me.  His pokemon ability is very useful.  Also if you can get a Ralts and work hard with him/her.  I think it is a stronger psycic pokemon than abra was.  Yup, thats it then.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 12:53:36 PM »
both games are largly identical, just depends who you hate more, team aqua or team magma ^_^
zigazagoon is THE most annoying pokemon ever, EVER! if it sand attacks me one more time i think im going to screem! oooh i have a ralts caught it at level 4?5? something like that, currently level 25 kirlia i love it!

Offline Luigi333

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 08:41:22 PM »
just got sapphire yesterday and i started out with mudkip.  I'd pick torchic though if i were you, because there are plenty of grass and water pokemon you can catch early on, but i have seen no fire types yet.  a good early team would probably be torchic, ralts, wingull, shroomish or lotad, taillow, and makuhita(trade a skaloth to a girl in Rustboro city to get Makuhita).  poochenya has also been useful for me, so has skaloth since he is the only pokemon i have taught cut to.

Offline Sir Kero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2003, 09:11:42 PM »
Ruby and Sapphire have identical graphics, the only real difference is in what pokémon you can find. So the thing to consider is do you like Ground or Water? Sun or Moon? There are six monsters found only in Ruby (eight if you count evolutions), and six found only in Sapphire. If you must know, those are Seedot, Mawile, Zangoose, Solrock, Latios, and Groudon in Ruby, and Lotad, Sableye, Seviper, Lunatome, Latias, and Kyogre in Sapphire. (dang I hate those names. yech)

a complete R/S monster list is hosted at pokemasters.net

I think Nincada is cool, you can get it a little after Rustboro. Also Trapinch, but those can't be found early on.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2003, 09:47:52 PM »
omg i hate trapinch just ask mario how much i was going on about trapinch, it looks cool, but OMG IT STRESSES ME OWF!! cacnea is great! my new second favorite (after the almighty snorlax ofcourse)

Offline K-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2003, 11:30:09 PM »
It really depends on Team Aqua or Team Magma. Team Magma are trying to expand land and Team Aqua are trying to expand the water. However you help whoever is in the opposite game. I have Ruby and you help Team Aqua, I'm shore it goes with Sapphire aswell, help Magma against Aqua.
Australia -4- Life

i know who you are...
...the leader of my soul...
...you can't kill me...
...im immortal!!!

Offline Army_F_body

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2003, 09:06:43 PM »
I've also heard that some returning Pokemon from the previous games can only be found in certain versions.  My powerhouse was a Pikachu when I had blue version so I wanted to make sure the one I bought had him.  Finally caught the little bugger today too.  In the mean time I raised a mean little Sableye!