Author Topic: Very Impressed With Wind Waker  (Read 5048 times)

Offline telaris

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Very Impressed With Wind Waker
« on: April 15, 2003, 01:41:06 PM »
I just beat it today and was very impressed with the cinmatics and storyline. I won't spoil anything but it goes above and beyond whats its predecessors have come to have expect. Unlike many game critics, I was very impressed with the final boss as well. I had 2 rows of hearts and went through three fairies before I finnaly stabbed him in the face. Excellent excellent game. This is why I go Nintendo.

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 03:13:30 PM »
Got anymore extremely ancient news? Do you actually think this hasnt been posted foru hundred million times already?

Yes. Great game. Weird ending. Great game.

Best next gen console game, not best game ever.

But seriously, ancient news.
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 04:54:13 PM »
Damn evil, looks like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed?

Did  your mean spirited post make you feel that much better with your day so far?

low on this months quota ?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 06:36:05 PM »
No, someone stole his Chu Jelly.

Why does Tingle have a Cobra depicted on his back?  I sense much evil in him.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2003, 06:40:12 PM »
"Got anymore extremely ancient news? Do you actually think this hasnt been posted foru hundred million times already?"

So, because you're tired of people praising it, no one's allowed to? Couldn't you just ignore the threads?

"not best game ever"

Just because you don't consider Wind Waker the best game ever, doesn't mean that someone else can't.

I definately consider Wind Waker the best game ever, blowing away OoT in every category.
If the graphics are bad, I'll ignore them.
If the style's been used before, I won't care. I don't get sick of styles.
If the story is weak, I'll make up my own.
I only care about gameplay.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »
Arggghhh!! Im dying for this game, just 20 more days until its released

*shakes fist at Nintendo Australia*  

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2003, 09:26:12 PM »
If WW was a women, i would marry her, among other things....... huh oh, still on....... yup i love it a whole lot.  Havent beaten it yet, been distracted.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2003, 11:59:31 AM »
I miss my chu jelly!

But wait, Gammas soup! Its free and for thousand times better!

If it doesnt bother you there are billions of post liek this, then why dont you guys bothered by me, post about the topic instead of replying to what I said?

I hate seeing the PGC forums crowded with forty "BEST GAME EVAR!" threads, it killed gamefaqs, and I really appreceate the PGC forums and how well they are mantained. But I hate repeated repeated posts, why couldnt this whole thread have never existed and he just post his oppion in the wind waker discussion of maybe the Zelda forum?
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

Offline Black_Behemoth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2003, 02:58:42 PM »
I thought this post was about how great WW was, not about what Evil said.

But anyway, I think this game rocked! Too bad I can't find the Tingle Island treasure chart and 3 other heart peices. *sigh*

The graphics were superb no matter what anyone says. *flips the bird at Xbox-loving friend* And I cryed out in delight to see how awsome that final parry was. *tries to reinact it but hits face on wall*

If I don't survive, tell my wife.......hello.

Offline Icons by Size

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2003, 08:24:11 PM »
im still playing the game....ive been playing it for about .......well ever since it came out.
there just seems like there is so much to do.  i often just get distracted and chase pigs around and do that boat course for money.
yes the graphics are the greatest.  there is only one thing about it that gets to me.  TOO MUCH WATER!  its like im tired of hearing the water rush up on shore and seeing any sort of blue liquid in a game.
i like how he walks with the iron boots on...he looks like such a bad ass
Deftones own.

Offline cyrus420

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 08:36:30 PM »
keep hitting the pigs, they're better than the chickens. the chickens would wuss out and get their friends, but not the pigs. they charge you head on.
HTML code is not permitted. Special symbols permit some HTML functionality.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2003, 03:19:08 AM »
I think Link runs like hes got a large stick in his anus. Thought the running looked better in OOT.
But apart from that, the game is great, and very large, but the collecting quests can get a little tedious.
And what the hell is that Secrect Cave Chart for?
LZ 2005

Offline mbwun

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2003, 06:33:55 AM »
Just got the game last night. Is it just me or does the frame-rate hiccup when you hit an enemy. Haven't played long enough to tell whether this is by design or not.

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2003, 07:51:02 AM »
that is completely intentional, it is supposed to give an anime feel, sorta to climax the action.  There is also a brief orchestral hit when you hurt enemies.  Just adds suspense is all.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline mbwun

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2003, 08:21:32 AM »
Ah okay, that makes sense. I didn't think they would let something like that slip if it was not by design. I have to say it is a beautifully crafted game.

I told my wife the game was for our 6 year old son, to encourage his reading. Hehe.. I was up til 1:30 this morning with the damn thing. My reflexes aren't what they were 20 years ago.

Offline Black_Behemoth

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2003, 10:19:26 AM »
Baah, I've stayed up untill 5:00 A.M. in the morning thanks to that awesome game. Sure was tired in school the next day, but it was all worth it.

But a major disappointment in the game is that whenever a "non-boss" enemy hits you, it'll only take you down one heart at the most, even for those big piggey spear carriers.

P.S. If you want to face a real hard ass pig, fight the fat one on Outset. One hit from him takes you down three hearts.
If I don't survive, tell my wife.......hello.

Offline telaris

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2003, 11:02:23 AM »
Shutup, TheResidentEvil

You ass I thought id put an in this forum if you didnt want me to post it then you shouldnt have read it.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2003, 11:08:15 AM »
honestly, the arguing, why?

I'll shut up now...