Author Topic: war in iraq  (Read 64354 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2003, 10:11:32 PM »

That's right, call me unamerican. I have a viewpoint that is different from the accepted norm. I choose to question the government as is my right and responsibility to do, so therefore I'm unamerican. When was the last time you heard a news anchor put forth the possibility that the US was not doing the right thing? Is that truly an objective media? Or is this just the fallout of September 11th, where criticizing the government became "unamerican"?

I don't believe everything i hear on tv.  But when there is obvious evidence, unlike you, I don't question everything either.  Saddam has used WMD before, has he not?  There is a track record there, we're not just pulling this out of thin air.  Also, you stated in a past post that we have no proof they DIDN'T destroy their WMD.  I would tell you it's up to Iraq to prove they destroyed them, not us or the UN to prove they didn't.

I didn't say you were unamerican, I said anti-american rhetoric.  If you watch the news, you'll know that %90 of democrats are opposed to this war, but to support the troops, they've backed off the bickering.  The New York times and LA Times are very liberal in their views, and have wrote several article portraying the war in a bad light.  

Yes we bombed a house or diner in a residential area.  How do you think we got that intelligence?  The CIA has sources, Iraqi's, who want Saddam gone.  Yes, there were most likely civilian casualties, but I hear nothing about the coalition restraining from shooting because the FEDAYEEN is holding human shields hostage. Or tanks positioned next to Mosques.  Or the suicide bombers.  A women jumps out of a car crying, we go to her aid, and the car blows.  I hear nothing about the loss of civilians on 9/11.  Just the poor Iraqi's/.  I 'm quite curious as to your reaction to seeing Iraqis celebrating and cheering the Brits in Basrah, or to the uprisings where they're killing the Fedayeen in the streets of Baghdad.  They will be better off than they were, will you dispute that as well?  Freedom is always better than living in fear of a dictator.  

In closing, I would like to state, i'm not a blind patriot who doesn't see the negatives of war.  I also am not a democrat or republican. I love being free.  I also see that war is human nature, and all through history, the greatest accomplishments, including the freeing of this great country, were brought on by people who fought for their rights..  This is a good cause, just for the fact Iraqis will know what freedom feels like.  As far as i'm concerned, France, Russia and Germany are the countrys that wont fight for what they believe.  They are no longer super powers.  They are 'old europe', and we really don't need them.
I'm not trying to start a fued, but you calling me a blind loyalist is just as bad as me calling you anti-american(although i didn't)

And for what? To kill a single bad man and his children.

It's not worth it.

When that one person has killed hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of people,(directly or indirectly) it is.

"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2003, 08:59:23 AM »
i still maintain the stance that if any other country were in the same situation, they would do the same thing. i mean everyone is talking bs about america undermining the un.....u know there is more then one war going on as we speak......and countries have gone to war in the past without un aproval. what i cant get over is that "o america is killing the kids".......and sadaam wasnt....i mean the kids will be better off without sadaam there.....to argue against that is to be a fool. and its not like america is targeting civilians. and as for more muslim fanatics targeting the us after this.....i mean i think there will still be a threat, but with out the goverment funding, it will be a lot harder for them to work. if the freaking fanatics didnt want to get bombed, then they shouldnt have bombed us. and dont give me the bs that there is no link between al quaida and sadaam. thats more stupid talk. my thing is.....if its not about terrorism, then what is it about??? oil???? that is so lame, we dont even get that much oil from the middle east. i think 20 percent of the oil imported into the us is from the middle east. the real only way the us will benifit is by the supply and demand law....the supply of oil willl go up after the war is over, causing the demand to fall, and prices to fall. the only problem with that is.....iraq was still exporting oil up until the war started........so the only real thing the us has to gain from the invasion on iraq, is stealing the oil. and if u honestly think that is going to happen u are again a big dumbass. i mean i guess it could happen, but think within reason, its most likely not going to.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2003, 10:39:06 AM »
  Not to mention countless terrorist training camps we're finding in Iraq.  We know he supports terrorism.  Not to say the rest of the region doesn't, but Iraq is at the forefront.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2003, 04:11:42 PM »

Tonight, a civilian area where Saddam Hussein and his children were rumored to be meeting was heavily bombed. Nobody knows how many innocent people were killed tonight. And for what? To kill a single bad man and his children.
Every single one of the Coalition bombings are pinpointed.  Nearly everyone of our bombs is now GPS/satellite guided or laser guided.  It was in a civilian area, sure.  But these bombs can be so precise to hit within a 10 meter radius of a specified target.  Also, do not picture this house that they were in to be some small 100 sq. foot household with the neighbors right next to them.  It was a mansion, in fact it had a bomb shelter underneath it.  That is not the norm for Iraqi houses.  Americans and their British counterparts are doing everything in their power to save civilian lives, and everyone knows this, but some members of the media and world public do not want to admit it.  We have soldiers over there, not immoral monsters.

If you watch the news, you'll know that %90 of democrats are opposed to this war, but to support the troops, they've backed off the bickering.
The Omen, not to disagree with many of your points, but 60% of democrats back the war, oh and Bush's approval rating is up to 70% nation-wide.

Oh, and for my sanity's sake, I said this

I don't recall him lying under oath about it...Then again, maybe I'm wrong.
This statement was about JFK, not Clinton.  I was simply following the posts, and I forgot to include his name.  If ya'll would glance at my posts, I think you could tell that I know that Clinton lied under oath.  

So that means, nolimit

he lied and u cant really argue that he didnt.
I wasn't arguing that he didn't.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2003, 05:09:08 PM »
Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2003, 08:20:43 PM »

The Omen, not to disagree with many of your points, but 60% of democrats back the war, oh and Bush's approval rating is up to 70% nation-wide.

Yea, I did some research, and it seems I did inflate the numbers.  The democrats are pretty fragmented on this, more than normal.  Good to see more of them support the war.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2003, 09:30:34 PM »
aw i see. that makes more sense then. my bad.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2003, 01:47:08 AM »
I think the best is just starting for the Iraqis. From the south in Basra, to Baghdad itself, and to the north in Kurdish controlled area there is celebrating and to me looks like pure genuine happiness and celebration. So what if they are looting, let them a little. They have been suppressed for almost 3 decades. They deserve a little party time. I myself got goosebumps from watching it all live on tv. The civilians are starting to realize that we are there to liberate them, not take over them. And that we were not going to leave them on their own like in '91. Just like seeing your favorite underdog team win a championship, except in this case it is a population getting back it's country from evil.

The news reports from within the police jail (aka torture chamber), gave me slight visions of when I visited the Holocaust museum years ago. True it is a smaller scale in Iraq, but the basis is the same. People were hung by arms, hands, and maybe even their feet by cords and whipped or electrocuted to near death if not all the way.

On a side note, I would like to see the minister of (mis)information (Baghdad Bob as Fox News Channel has dubbed him) be the second person taken out if not for plain stupidity, then for blatently lying all the time to the press like when our tanks were a few hundred yards right behind him during his breifing on top of the hotel.  
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2003, 01:49:32 AM »

I think the best is just starting for the Iraqis. From the south in Basra, to Baghdad itself, and to the north in Kurdish controlled area there is celebrating and to me looks like pure genuine happyness. I myself got goosebumps from watching it all live on tv.

Yea, it was definately heartening to see their reaction.  Made me choke up a bit, I must say.  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2003, 01:14:13 PM »
there are papers in Turkey saying Bush is worse then Musoulini, and at the same time there are people dancing happily in the streets of iraq.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline kennyb27

• View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2003, 01:37:23 PM »

On a side note, I would like to see the minister of (mis)information (Baghdad Bob as Fox News Channel has dubbed him) be the second person taken out if not for plain stupidity, then for blatently lying all the time to the press like when our tanks were a few hundred yards right behind him during his breifing on top of the hotel.
Ha ha.  That guy is soo funny.  The first day that we sent the most troops into Baghdad, he came on trying to convince the Iraqis that no Americans were in the city.  Then he said that the Iraqi soldiers had taken back the airport.  THEN he said that so many American soldiers were dying, that the others were just committing suicide because of all the gore.  He is so great to listen to.  Maybe he doesn't realize that we have captured the majority of other TV towers.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2003, 04:43:24 PM »
well a lot of what u see on american television is somewhat distorted...even they admit that what u see is "only one slice of a whole pie". i mean i thinik there are a lot of iraqis who would rather have sadaam, but i am sure that most would rather have freedom.

Thomas Paine

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2003, 05:59:34 PM »

well a lot of what u see on american television is somewhat distorted...even they admit that what u see is "only one slice of a whole pie". i mean i thinik there are a lot of iraqis who would rather have sadaam, but i am sure that most would rather have freedom.

The people that were in Saddams circle, who were rich beyond belief, definately do not want Sadamm to go.  They are a low percentage, however.  Most of the 'normal folk' were opressed.

Offline Berto2K

• View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2003, 11:40:23 PM »
edit: Decided to remove what I said to be on the safe side. It was about the Al Jazeera video I found on Kazaa of our POWs and my reactions.

Offline sequoia

• View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2003, 11:01:06 AM »
Ya, That footage Can be disturbing. I Knew that when we entered this war(conflict) that there would be death and loss of life. It seems like the public thinks that our troops are the exception. But there is no exception to death in a war. But, what makes me enraged is how the Iraqis treat their prisoners. The sooner we rid the world of these immoral acts on humanity, the better.
I am what I created. Believing in my fate. Integrity is my name.
All that I am doin, can never be ruined. The Torn Outlaw.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2003, 04:57:00 PM »
i saw the footage recently, and i must say that i think they should hav shown it on tv.....i mean why hide what the war its really about. its about fear, death, and destruction. i am more then for the war, and i think that almost everyone (besides the people outside sadaams inner circle) will beifit from in.....but there is no reason to hide the truth from the american public.......if anything it got me fired up seeing the dead american bodies and our soldiors being interogated.....

Thomas Paine

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2003, 05:50:33 PM »
  I think they're right for not showing it because it would have an adverse effect on people here in the states.  It would've made people nervous , and probably cause some to support the war effort less.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it after the war is over, just to reinforce the reason we went in the first place.

Offline Berto2K

• View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2003, 05:53:32 PM »
Not to mention it is against the Geneva laws of war which every country agreed to. They were harassed and shown off like trophies. Not to mention executed too.  

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2003, 01:44:45 PM »
well...cnn did show a little clip of the movie, but i am saying that they should have shown the dead(supposedly executed) americans. that was quite disheatening to see.....it just shows u that war isnt a pg kind of thing....i mean everyone knows that but its different to actually see someone dead then to just hear about it.

Thomas Paine

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2003, 02:46:26 PM »
Who was saying that the Iraqis didn't want to be liberated and were perfectly fine again? Hmmm.... last I checked people who don't want to be liberated don't hit pictures of their leader with a shoe, *praise* George Bush, great marines delightfully, and tear down statues of their leader. Wonder where that guy got his information and I wonder just how stupid he's feeling right now.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline kennyb27

• View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2003, 06:53:57 PM »
Yeah, mouse_clicker, it has gotten much quieter around here, hasn't it?  Ah well, I'm sure someone will find something to complain about soon.
-Kenny

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2003, 08:03:44 PM »
u guys wanna see a place that hasnt quieted down....head over to the magicbox forums under debates.....there are people there that swear sadaam and bush coreographed the whole war, and that the us is just going to steal the oil in iraq.....i have met some of the most anti american people over there, and the worse thing is they cant realyl back up anything they say.......its rediculous......at least people here listen to reason.....

Thomas Paine

Offline cubefreak123

• View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2003, 08:16:38 AM »
lol thats truly stupid.  And they say ther iraq people r antiamerica? thats not wat i saw on fox news  
A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying darn we really screwed up.

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2003, 09:44:19 PM »
i also find it fascinating how the anti-war stuff has seemingly diasappeared.  That tearing down the statue zideo was one of the proudest moments of my life.  I want sadamm alive just to see that video over and over.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
war in iraq
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2003, 10:03:33 AM »
I hate to start up this seeminly dead thread again, but I've been out for a while and have only been able to debate with my neocon friend who believes Bush never said Saddam had WMDs. So I'm just going to entertain myself for the next few lines, feel free to leave now and save time.

lol thats truly stupid. And they say ther iraq people r antiamerica? thats not wat i saw on fox news

The Irari people seem to always root for the winning team, if you know what I mean. When those Apache pilots weresupposedly in the river the Iraqis burning the trees and bushes(pardon the pun) on the river banks didn't look like they were going to hug the pilots.

I'm sorry.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.