Author Topic: Mafia 53: Harry Potter Day Uno (1 for the less educated ones)  (Read 10782 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 53: Harry Potter Day Uno (1 for the less educated ones)
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 08:11:09 PM »
Wow. I'm afraid I've got nothing to contribute to this game. I've got no Harry Potter knowledge at all.

And as for Mr. Silenced, have you checked with any mods about getting mod powers for the Mafia forum? Because I can pm a few if you need me to.

As for the vote today, I don't trust either candidate much but I'm going to VOTE DESPICABLE on the pure chance of favoritism. This is speculation but we know that he is good friends with the host so he may have gotten a role of some kind. There was his comment about in the sign-up thread about Ceric voting for him and that now he wouldn't be made mafia. It might have been a joke or it might have been an attempt to get focus off of him in case he knew he was going to be mafia and didn't want to be targetted.

Now, just to clarify, I'm not accusing the host of any wrong doing or fixing the game. If Despicable is mafia, it could have been legitamately random. But I know it's hard to leave a friend out of a good role and I will sadly admit, there are games where I gave a player a specific role as a bit of an in-joke to me. It happens sometimes.

Just my two cents.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 08:13:43 PM »
Why would you need the Dark Arts to find Fungi?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »
It's a tie now 4-4. With 4 left to vote.

Let me explain my vote.  If dispicable voted for me as a joke or reputation vote, well we already got the joke... 2 others voted for me first before he did.  If he is really a townie, vote for someone else to make the mafia decide who to go after or spark some defensive behaviour.  If he does turn up Townie, everyone can feel free to vote against me and I won't argue, but that's my reasoning. 

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 10:43:12 PM »
@Ceric
How else do you find the special fungi used for lucid dreaming?
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 10:46:15 PM »
Their are many different methods and I have a very good compendium of them in Quibbler Issue #103.  Any reputable library should have a copy for your perusal.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 11:07:03 PM »
How are we ever going to defeat Sauron unless we band together into one fellowship?

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 11:27:49 PM »
Vote Despicable.  Hmmm...Khush's reasonin' makes ter me.  I tell yeh, if apdude finally 'as a game where he's not mafia, then we ought to give him the chance to play. :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:32:35 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost