Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199292 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #4075 on: March 26, 2017, 01:46:49 PM »
The show certainly has flaws, but the only major detractor from the show is sadly the fights. Most of them are fine, but a few of them are lacking in execution. This is mostly disappointing as the show is about skilled martial artist where the fights don't really seem all that skilled.

I'm really hoping at the very least, the DD choreographer is in charge for The Defenders.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: April 11, 2017, 11:28:22 PM »
I seriously hope you all are caught up on AoS.

the **** is about to hit the fan on this show.
The writing, the action, the acting, the EVERYTHING about this show has been aces this season.

forget what you thought or heard about the previous seasons (1&3) that may have turned you off for one reason or another. Season 4 is none of that. This show this season is everything you wanted this show to be back in S1 when it first aired... minus the MCU movie crossovers. AoS is literally shitting on any other comic show on TV right now when it comes to quality, drama, action, story, etc etc etc.

Get caught up, tune in.
and word has it that there is likely a S5 as well. So if this season is anything to go by, it's gonna be really fucking good.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: April 13, 2017, 12:37:01 AM »
I really want to dive into AoS, but we still have a few other shows to wrap up. Very excited to get back into it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: April 13, 2017, 06:08:08 AM »

The writing, the action, the acting, the EVERYTHING about this show has been aces this season.

forget what you thought or heard about the previous seasons (1&3) that may have turned you off for one reason or another. Season 4 is none of that. This show this season is everything you wanted this show to be back in S1 when it first aired... minus the MCU movie crossovers. AoS is literally shitting on any other comic show on TV right now when it comes to quality, drama, action, story, etc etc etc.

Get caught up, tune in.
and word has it that there is likely a S5 as well. So if this season is anything to go by, it's gonna be really fucking good.

Season 4, especially this current arc in S4, is the Jemma Simmons show. Somewhere in S3 they realised she's actually the strongest actor next to Fitz and she has been given more and more chances to shine. I'm glad because even without powers like Daisy she's still not to be messed about with.

Disconnecting completely from the movies was the best thing the show did because now it's just it's own little thing and completely free to go wild.

It also doesn't suffer from wild tonal shifts like Gotham, and "CW-itis" of unnecessary drama and relationships like the Arrowverse. Of all the comic IP based shows, AOS and Lucifer (no, seriously!) is joint first for me.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:10:33 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: April 13, 2017, 07:07:30 AM »
Daisy has never been an interesting character. She hits maximum terribleness when she got her powers as that is what she became, nothing more, nothing less. Now that they are pulling her out of her tail spin she might get interesting again even if it is rehashing past events.

Jemma and Fritz have excellent chemistry, you want them to be happy. These two are just trying to do what they can to help and live life but they just keep getting tossed into the cement mixer.

It also doesn't suffer from wild tonal shifts like Gotham, and "CW-itis" of unnecessary drama and relationships like the Arrowverse. Of all the comic IP based shows, AOS and Lucifer (no, seriously!) is joint first for me.

Oh god this so much. I all caught up on Legends of Tomorrow and good god if you haven't read it in the DC thread the Meta Crossover/Flashpoint was shockingly bad. LoT had literally sat in limbo waiting for this crossover to happen before it could get on with it's own story effectively throwing away half the season. It didn't help they put their best actor on the bus for the first half. He earned his keep dragging kicking and scream the first season to the finish.

They do the whole Drama thing in LoT too. Sure they are a bunch of assholes playing Time Cop but I really wish they stop hitting the replay button on the characters. It's not foreshadowing or a twist if you bash us with it a minute before. Looking you HawkGirl and Mick.

Second half of season 2 was pretty enjoyable. The villains individually are pretty sorry, but put them together and it's popcorn time. The writers finally found their "Lets have some fun with" monstrous villainy oppose to the mildly menacing kind.

I am pretty sure it is a mostly DC thing, but why do they keep insisting on having fist fights during gun battles?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4080 on: April 13, 2017, 09:54:34 AM »
Lucifer is arguably a better show than all of those it has a much simpler premise that starts to get more and more insane the devil decides to leave hell and move to LA and find a better life for himself, only to realise that he has feelings for a human even though all he wants to do is drink, party and have as much sex with anyone that wants it.

Half way through Season 1 the show stopped trying to be serious and starts leaning on the comedic talents of it's cast who all jump head first into it - if you're going to have episode titles like "Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire" you might as well just swing for ridiculous with full force. Especially if the devil's mother looks like Tricia Helfer.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: April 13, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »

Get caught up, tune in.

I'd been sneaking views on the start of the season with Ghost Rider, Edgy Daisy, and Discount Captain America, but can agree this season is on an interesting path with the LMD Arc, life swapping and plugging into the matrix framework

I'm about 5 episodes behind, but things are getting crazy in a way I really liked in Season 2.  I also find it hilarious how they want so badly to keep the actor who plays agent Ward employed

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: April 21, 2017, 09:52:24 PM »
Here's a sneak at the next episode of AoS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDGWYF7A194

notice the hand on the chest.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: May 05, 2017, 05:15:43 AM »
AOS this week was just fantastic. With only 2 episodes to go i have no idea what they are going to do to wrap this up while Aida/Mallory Jensen is reaching Tatiana Maslany levels of acting portraying all these different characters with the same face.

AOS is by far the strongest Marvel property (especially if you look at these arcs seperately), and Lucifer is the best DC property by a country mile - no, seriously, it is. All the other DC shows either lean into relationship drama or gloomyness over and over, but Lucifer this week has the actual devil getting on stage at a punk concert and singing Eternal Flame by The Bangles with a piano and singing it totally straight faced to his work partner to apologise for his misdeeds. If you're gonna go for comedy and lunacy that's completely within character then GO for it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: May 05, 2017, 10:45:29 AM »
AoS can't get enough praise from me right now. From where we started, to how we ended up now, is quite the difference, but the build-up of the characters to how everything so far has been called back in some way or another has been fantastic.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: May 05, 2017, 08:48:57 PM »
AOS is by far the strongest Marvel property (especially if you look at these arcs seperately), and Lucifer is the best DC property by a country mile - no, seriously, it is. All the other DC shows either lean into relationship drama or gloomyness over and over, but Lucifer this week has the actual devil getting on stage at a punk concert and singing Eternal Flame by The Bangles with a piano and singing it totally straight faced to his work partner to apologise for his misdeeds. If you're gonna go for comedy and lunacy that's completely within character then GO for it.

I really need to get on the Lucifer bandwagon, as I think all the relationship drama is what is killing my interest in the Arrowverse.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: May 06, 2017, 04:29:17 AM »
This isn't a new show, but I noticed it was on Amazon Prime. Unsolved Mysteries 9/10

Great show, Robert Stack standing around in the shadows in a trench coat.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: May 06, 2017, 07:51:48 PM »
Good news is that AoS is getting a season 5.
No idea on if same episode count, but the show goes on!!!
http://deadline.com/2017/05/bubble-series-2017-canceled-renewed-elementary-exorcist-taken-once-upon-a-time-agents-of-shield-1202085630/

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: May 08, 2017, 03:26:33 PM »
American Gods is incredibly well made. I'm hooked just by the production value alone.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: May 09, 2017, 03:30:22 AM »
American Gods is incredibly well made. I'm hooked just by the production value alone.

I honestly want to jump back into my audio book, as 2 eps in and it's already 2/3 the way into the book where I left off...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: May 10, 2017, 02:16:02 AM »
Agents of SHIELD Season 4

for reals. this episode was 0-60. AIDA is the stuff of wet dreams and nightmares.
Best MCU villain BY FAR in every way possible.... AoS s4 is best MCU anything BY FAR (so far ;) )

Bring on Season 5 (there's still 1 more episode of s4 though, but I'm ready for s5 to start immediately afterwards)

edit: the season isn't even over yet and I feel like we've legit had 3 different seasons so far, as so much has happened, and so much ground has been covered.
If this all ends up tying into Infinity War/Gauntlet in the end then I wouldn't even know what to do.... dead.gif
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 09:14:40 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: May 10, 2017, 04:24:41 AM »
I wonder whether all the other announced Marvel TV shows (Cloak & Dagger, Runaways, the Netflix series) will all refer to it?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: May 10, 2017, 04:19:12 PM »
Agents of SHIELD Season 4

this episode was 0-60. AIDA is the stuff of wet dreams and nightmares.
Best MCU villain BY FAR in every way possible.... AoS s4 is best MCU anything BY FAR (so far ;) )

Completely agree.

This is probably one of the most amazing shows I've ever had the privilege of watching.  I haven't felt this excited for a TV show for a loooooong time.  If ever. 

And DAMN.  Mallory Jansen can act.  I'd never heard of her before this show.  I hope she ends up in some movies soon.  Take notice Mr Feige.  She deserves it. 

And that ending.  Bring on the finale!!!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: May 10, 2017, 07:45:52 PM »
AIDA went 143 to 187, in 0 to 5150 like that ::snap ::!!! She portrayed all the emotions of a love crazed psychotic Woman to the point that I was terrified that I was turned on. LOL.
That scene where she popped up behind homeboy like a fucking horror movie was almost chilling. I can't believe Fitz would reveal his live for another Wonsan to get while they were both "trapped" in that room together, but he is inexperienced with women, so he gets a pass. Knowing what Aida was capable of, Simmons would have had to settle for that beloved side piece role, and just know that while I love her, I can't leave BAE.... because she would murder us all. LOL

I don't even want this season to end, just give us a 4th chapter.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: May 11, 2017, 12:16:40 AM »
AOSHe should have realised that he needed to take one for the team and let it be his penance. He maybe inexperienced with women, but doing that to anyone would have had the same result so he is an idiot. He didn't give her a choice.

I was prepared to have them both Fritz and Jemma to be heart broken resulting in the team breaking without killing any of them.

Ophelia was also ready to to accept her punishment and I am very disappointed they are going to throw her away when she has so much to space for the writers to explore.

They have answered a weird question though that yes, she does indeed have a soul assuming GR is going after her.

Holy **** for Mallory Jansen, she might be my new favourite actress. She will be going places.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4095 on: May 11, 2017, 01:43:50 AM »
Holy **** for Mallory Jansen, she might be my new favourite actress. She will be going places.

Imagine if Mallory and Tatiana Maslany got together on a show to see who could convincingly play the most different characters on screen simultaneously.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: May 11, 2017, 03:05:31 AM »
I hope Mallory's character (whoever it ends up being) stays around the universe.  It would be such a huge waste to let her go.  She could be a magnificent Avengers villain.  As long as it's not Avengers: AoU repainted.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: May 11, 2017, 12:23:38 PM »
Black Lightning has been greenlit to series on The CW. I presume this will wind up being in the Arrowverse, but for me the concern is how this is now the 7th show from that studio (the 4 CW series, Riverdale, Black Lightning and Blindspot) on air at once.

Are they stretched too thin?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: May 17, 2017, 01:42:17 PM »
Well, that was a whimper to paraphrase Radcliffe.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: May 18, 2017, 02:45:23 AM »
Well, that was a whimper to paraphrase Radcliffe.

Radcliffe's finale... poetic.
Hope's finale... sad.
AIDA's finale... intense, yet felt rushed
Team SHIELD's finale... No Shawarma, and that ain't SWORD. So what was it?

Tune in next season to find out.

Honestly though, they should have done an 1hr:30min finale and fleshed that ending out some.
AIDA was hands down the most terrifying villain of the MCU so far, in opinion.
This season was by far the best: season of AoS, of comic book shows, and MCU product to date