Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1198988 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3725 on: May 12, 2016, 08:51:56 PM »
At that point, they may as well just rename the station to DCtv

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: May 12, 2016, 09:32:51 PM »
It was expected, but still sucks to see Fox officially canceled The Grinder. Great cast and even better writing, it was just too good for network TV. Grinder rests.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: May 12, 2016, 10:49:02 PM »
On the bright side, I'm half-way towards winning my prediction of the Crisis on Infinite Networks. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3728 on: May 13, 2016, 01:58:31 AM »
I really feel for the creative team.  They created Supergirl and Flash in different universes and now they can be together.  They need to fix that mistake somehow.  They real need to ditch Legends of Tomorrow and just have a team up show called JSA.  Include all the heroes they already created but focus on teamup stories 2 parters that lead to a bigger story. (Technically I guess they should call it World's Finest then.  Constantine, Flash, Super Girl, Jonah Hex, Green Arrow, The Atom, White Canary, Rip Hunter, FireStorm, (Maybe we can get us some Zantana or Nightwing???)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: May 13, 2016, 08:47:28 AM »
Nightwing is probably out due to the upcoming Titans project.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: May 13, 2016, 09:24:23 AM »
you forgot Vixen.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: May 13, 2016, 03:17:55 PM »
Krypton has been picked up too.  I've never been less excited for a comic book show. 

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: May 13, 2016, 04:15:36 PM »
Krypton has been picked up too.  I've never been less excited for a comic book show. 

Yeah.  :/

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: May 13, 2016, 05:05:42 PM »
I am addicted to Downton Abby. I wish I had discovered this show when it was new I could have used it. I just finished season 3. I am not liking where I think it is going man oh man.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: May 13, 2016, 10:02:34 PM »
Wait. What? Why would I want to watch a show where the planet is going to blow up anyway and is infested with lens flares? That stuff in Supergirl was the worse bits.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3735 on: May 14, 2016, 04:30:08 PM »
Wait. What? Why would I want to watch a show where the planet is going to blow up anyway and is infested with lens flares? That stuff in Supergirl was the worse bits.

It's not so much that.  For me at least.  It's more so that I believe there are people involved in this that are also doing shows in the Arrowverse.  Compounded with that point that it's set on Krypton.  Kryptonians on Krypton are normal people.  No powers.  So we will essentially be watching an Arrow like show full of the stupid, annoying, contrived and completely unbelievable "romances" that drag down the existing shows.  The only difference is there will be no superpowers to cancel out the trash.

Welcome to "Bold and the Beautiful" in space!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: May 14, 2016, 04:34:11 PM »

It's not so much that.  For me at least.  It's more so that I believe there are people involved in this that are also doing shows in the Arrowverse.  Compounded with that point that it's set on Krypton.  Kryptonians on Krypton are normal people.  No powers.  So we will essentially be watching an Arrow like show full of the stupid, annoying, contrived and completely unbelievable "romances" that drag down the existing shows.  The only difference is there will be no superpowers to cancel out the trash.

Welcome to "Bold and the Beautiful" in space!

The writer is David S Goyer (who's done BVS, the dark knight trilogy and man of steel) and the showrunner is Damian Kindler who did Sanctuary. There's no connection to the Berlantiverse or his studio.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: May 14, 2016, 05:07:50 PM »

The writer is David S Goyer (who's done BVS, the dark knight trilogy and man of steel) and the showrunner is Damian Kindler who did Sanctuary. There's no connection to the Berlantiverse or his studio.

Hmmm.  I wonder where I got that from then.  Must have got the names confused.  Oh well I stand corrected.  Either way I can't say I'm too excited.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: May 16, 2016, 03:23:41 AM »
A Krypton show is basically Star Trek.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: May 16, 2016, 03:42:24 AM »
A Krypton show is basically Star Trek.

Worse: it's Caprica.  Seriously, it's a Sci-Fi prequel no one asked for, featuring characters no one cares about and who will all be dead by the time the show gets to events we do kind of care about. And like Caprica, it will probably be canceled after 1 season,
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: May 16, 2016, 04:09:02 AM »
That's a damn good comparison.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: May 16, 2016, 06:19:37 AM »
Well I've never heard of Caprica.  So I guess that bodes well lol.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: May 16, 2016, 07:06:48 AM »
It was a prequel to Battlestar Galactica, about the people designing the robots that would eventually rise up and try to kill everyone. Basically take the original show, except with worse writing and without the exciting space battles and action.

J.P. Corbran

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: May 16, 2016, 07:06:53 PM »
I thought Caprica was good. I never watched Battlestar-Disco-fever-Star-Wars-knock-off though so I wasn't sure how it related.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: May 17, 2016, 03:49:11 PM »
So Castle has all wrapped up.  Didn't get renewed for season 9.  Which is for the best in my opinion.  They did well in keeping it interesting for as long as they did and the themes episodes were amazing.  The later season's story archs though were fairly contrived.

The finale itself felt very weird.  They said they actually filmed two of them, one to use if season 9 was greenlit and the other to use if it wasn't.  I don't think that was true.  I think one of the scenes was shot twice with slightly different outcomes and the very final scene was filmed at the last minute and tacked on, because that's how if felt.  Very jarring. 
Personally I was hoping there would be some kind of Castle epicness to end the show, like it taking place in space, with superpowers, at least in a dream sequence.

But anyway it had a good run and I had a lot of fun with it.  Now we can hope Mr Fillion will go back to Firefly :P

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: May 18, 2016, 11:57:20 AM »
TWWIIIIIST
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: May 19, 2016, 01:59:48 AM »
But anyway it had a good run and I had a lot of fun with it.  Now we can hope Mr Fillion will go back to Firefly :P

Will you consider Guardians of the Galaxy as a "close enough" option for now?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: May 19, 2016, 03:40:51 AM »
I would. Especially since it's rumoured Mr Fillion will have a bigger role in Guardians 2.

Edit: What are the chances of his character being Malcolm Reynolds? Since Joss Whedon has his Marvel time I wonder if he would allow them to use his characters? That would be epic if old Mal busted in with an amazing entrance.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:45:46 AM by Shorty McNostril »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: May 19, 2016, 09:10:14 AM »
I would. Especially since it's rumoured Mr Fillion will have a bigger role in Guardians 2.

Edit: What are the chances of his character being Malcolm Reynolds? Since Joss Whedon has his Marvel time I wonder if he would allow them to use his characters? That would be epic if old Mal busted in with an amazing entrance.

according to leaked set photos he is Simon Williams aka Wonder Man, and this is confirmed by the in-movie movie posters in which he plays several roles, including Tony Stark in a biopic pic for a movie marathon starring his movie-star character.
http://screencrush.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-nathan-fillion/

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: May 19, 2016, 04:29:32 PM »
I would rather Mal Reynolds lol.  Hopefully there is a cameo or at least a reference :P