Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199663 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3600 on: February 23, 2016, 01:16:22 AM »
X-Files season 10 ends with a cliffhanger. I liked this mini season overall.

Episode 1 was bad
Episode 2 was good
Episode 3 was great
Episode 4 was good
Episode 5 was fair
Episode 6 was good.

Cigarette smoking man goes full Ras Al Ghul and finding William is an imperative now. Who is driving the UFO at the end?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: February 23, 2016, 02:02:52 AM »
The Magicians

anyone been watching this?
A show on SyFy about a Harry Potter like school for young-adults who are coming into magic. and by Adults, I'm talking HS graduates looking to go to Yale, Harvard, or "Hogwarts" (aka Brakebills) if they are chosen and found to be worthy.

It comes on Monday nights, and so far has been pretty damn interesting. It's based off of a book series I've never read, but I'm into it. Either way, I find it quite interesting, and if you're looking for a new fantasy based series to get into, I think you should check this one out.

http://www.syfy.com/themagicians/videos/the-magicians-series-trailer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: February 28, 2016, 04:35:37 PM »
TWD E9

I'm about halfway through the episode and I had to pause it just to say HOLY ****.... did that just happen!!?
Kid sees another kid as a walker and freaks out.... gets eaten alive, his mom freaks out (understandably), but I don't see why she didn't just pick the damn kid up and carry his ass once he started freaking. Now that she is freaking out, the walkers turn on her, but she is holding onto Carl's hand with the death grip, which causes rick to chop her hand off. The sudden release makes Carl fall, dropping his gun, and now that kid he should have killed before because he tried to kill him earlier, now picks up the gun and point it at Rick and Carl, but Mischonne shish kabobs his ass, which still allowed him to pop off a single shot. Right thought carl's eye.

But of course Carl
is fine...

ok, back to the show now. may edit later.

and now E10.... why are Rick and Daryl such idiots!?

you find a BIG score like that, you take both vehicles back to camp immediately, drop the truck off, and then you both hop back in the car and get back to your little adventure. Pick up where you left off.
Not take the scenic route back... and then even after you get you score back, you decide to go chase down this other idiot that store from you instead of just driving off and watching him in your rearview mirror.
now you have a 3rd idiot and no truck. Happy now!?

WTF is wrong with you guys?
at least no one at camp will know that they scored a BIG haul, but were too stupid to return it to camp safely.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:19:38 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: February 28, 2016, 07:55:55 PM »
The most important part of that episode was introduing Jesus, who is a badass (the guy from Walking Dead, not the other zombie Jesus). **** is gonna get weird soon.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: February 28, 2016, 09:15:12 PM »
He already seems a little fun, but the whole incident should have been sped up 5x and have Benny Hill music played. LOL (edit: apparently I wasn't the only one to think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUkYepOl0Jg )
they should totally go back for the truck full of supplies as well. But leave that to a smarter and more resourceful pair from the group.

What day does TWD come on again?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:27:49 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: February 29, 2016, 09:44:59 AM »
when hey lost that haul I was thinking the same thing. How do you not bring that whole truck straight back? Take the truck, empty it, go on another run with a big hauling truck!

I don't know the safety of trying to tow the truck out of the water...there could be lurking walkers in the water. **** that. Unless you use a drone sub to hook it.

I was talking with my friend, I would be a governor type leader. I'd also have telecommunications set back up by now.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: February 29, 2016, 10:15:20 AM »
Legends of Tomorrow is a shitfest.  I want to like it.  I really do.  But man, this team is so fucking stupid.

I have a healthy suspension of disbelief, but I find myself yelling at the TV screen far too often.

One episode, Rip is talking about how the future timeline 'sets' and they have to fix it in the past before it does.
The very next episode, they visit is desolate future Star City, and Rip's all "yeah, **** these people, they don't matter, this isn't how the future will be when we're done."

It's no wonder the other Time Lords didn't want Rip fucking up the time stream.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: March 01, 2016, 04:37:56 AM »
TWD

Jesus is a pretty funny dude. He fucked up, but he seems to be a pretty reasonable dude once you get to know him. LOL at the puddles and bits line. Got to kill someone or something in an episode.

But yeah, Rick and Daryl fucked up hard.

Chris Rock at the Oscars slayed me. Good stuff.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3608 on: March 01, 2016, 07:41:18 PM »
noticed how the walkers are getting more decomposed in each season?
Soon no more walkers.
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: March 01, 2016, 08:12:27 PM »
Then the skeleton hoard arises!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: March 01, 2016, 09:06:07 PM »
Better Call Saul
It's really good. Not Breaking Bad good, but that's not a fair comparison. All around good performances. I don't have a lot to say without spoiling things so I'll stop here.

Love
It had some good jokes, but overall, I thought it was pretty weak. Love was full of cliches. The dorky guy meets the fucked up wild girl. He's so awkward and she's so crazy, what crazy shenanigans will they get into next. I watched this mostly because I like Gillian Jacobs. By episode 9, I actively disliked her character which isn't good because she's one of the leads. I just could not understand why Gus and Mickey ended up together. They're both assholes. It's like the writers are trying to subvert romantic comedy tropes, but they're doing a bad job of it. How did they get me to dislike Gillian Jacobs in this show? Britta > Mickey

Fuller House
I got to the third episode. I get what they're going for. It's a 90s family sitcom in 2016 clothing. I used to watch Full House as a kid and nostalgia got me to check it out. I think I've seen enough to stop watching before I feel compelled to continue just to see what happens. I never though Stephanie would be the hot one, but here we are.

This was tough to watch. It's self-aware, but it doesn't use that to its advantage. "Stephanie got big boobs, let's make a TV-G boob joke." This was a wasted opportunity. It's reverse-gender Full House which is exactly what they wanted, but that doesn't make it interesting. By the middle of the first episode, I started creating my own dark comedy version of Fuller House where Uncle Joey walks up from the basement but he still has the late-80s mullet and thinks it's 1988 due to drug-induced dementia. The entire family just humors him and plays along because they're afraid that he'll snap. Joey's sanity is such a delicate balance then Kimmy Gibler shows up and disrupts that balance by continually telling him it's 2016 because she doesn't know or is too daft to understand why everyone is acting so weird. Uncle Joey just flips out and descends into full-blown psychosis and murders everyone. It's Fuller House due to all the corpses. Roll credits.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:10:25 PM by Adrock »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3611 on: March 01, 2016, 09:35:52 PM »
Legends of Tomorrow is a shitfest.  I want to like it.  I really do.  But man, this team is so fucking stupid.

I have a healthy suspension of disbelief, but I find myself yelling at the TV screen far too often.

One episode, Rip is talking about how the future timeline 'sets' and they have to fix it in the past before it does.
The very next episode, they visit is desolate future Star City, and Rip's all "yeah, **** these people, they don't matter, this isn't how the future will be when we're done."

It's no wonder the other Time Lords didn't want Rip fucking up the time stream.

Legends of Tomorrow could be turned around. 

I wish they would give the characters roles on the team. 

Rip Hunter should be the Director/Producer.  He shouldn't be on the missions, but he should be acting from the ship planning every move and jump.

Captain Cold should be the Team Leader partnered with The Atom.  They don't get along, the Atom is there to make sure Captain Cold doesn't "Go Rogue" and Captain Cold is the true brains.  This show really does need to focus on team adventures and planning...but honestly there mission is so silly and completely easy to finish.  Just go back in time and kill Vandal Savage before he becomes immortal.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: March 02, 2016, 12:06:42 AM »
Just go back in time and kill Vandal Savage before he becomes immortal.

In theory, this is a bad idea.  Killing Savage 3,700-whatever years in the past would undo 3,700 years worth of the timeline.  That would have some pretty major repercussions for a guy who has been working in the background, manipulating major world events all this time.

On the other hand, this team has shown ZERO concern with trying to minimize their impact on the timeline, so **** it... might as well go back to 1700BC and just nuke Egypt from above.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3613 on: March 02, 2016, 01:22:38 AM »
Just go back in time and kill Vandal Savage before he becomes immortal.

In theory, this is a bad idea.  Killing Savage 3,700-whatever years in the past would undo 3,700 years worth of the timeline.  That would have some pretty major repercussions for a guy who has been working in the background, manipulating major world events all this time.

On the other hand, this team has shown ZERO concern with trying to minimize their impact on the timeline, so **** it... might as well go back to 1700BC and just nuke Egypt from above.

Exactly.  We have seen that the plot to kill Vandal Savage is leading to stupid stories where characters are making horribly dumb decisions.  Why not play off the idea that this man is so out for revenge that he would screw the timeline up completely to save his family.  Only to find out he makes it worse and doesn't save his family.  Now his team has to somehow right world. 

Imagine the stories that could be told and the ethical questions that could rise from this type of story.  We killed Vandal Savage, but that means Russia and Germany work together in World War 2 in win.  We have prevent this alliance, but still keep Hitler in power to lose.  Each ripple in time has new and interesting effects that have to be fixed.  All the while, you have a team where 1 person actively wants to screw history and watch it burn.  Another wants to change the past for his financial benefit, and others that although are wanting to do the best they can to fix things are not really up for subtle time manipulation. 

« Reply #3614 on: March 03, 2016, 11:56:07 AM »
I gave the pilot of Fuller House a go. I really got into Melissa and Joey because it reunited 90's sitcom stars I fell in love with and watched religiously as a teenager. I was expecting the same magic here, although Melissa and Joey lost some of their magic after hooking up but it remained watchable until the wedding.

I also really got into Last Man Standing because it is the same thing, a gender flipped versions of a 90's sitcom and I love it, it works so well I can't get enough of it.

Fuller House doesn't work for a couple of reasons. One, I never liked Full House. My sisters did, I had three, I was outnumbered. So I watched it but I paid as much attention to it as they did when I was watching Transformers or TMNT. The jokes do come off as forced, the humor was well I guess what a fan of the show would expect but it didn't do it for me. The part of me that is getting older and wanting to hold onto my youth wanted to like it but it had no magic it did nothing for me.

That being said I did recently discover a modern sitcom that does have that magic that I not only have fallen in love with but also can't believe it took me this long to get into: The Goldbergs. I am so happy I found this show it is doing everything I wanted it to do, but I am sad I didn't discover it sooner.

I love how corney the show is at the same time it truly captures my memories of the 80's. I give it a pass on the references much like That 70's show and How I Met Your mother because I see it as a flash back I expect the narrator to get things mixed up on his memories because that is how our memories work. For years I thought Ninja Turtles didn't even come out until I was in third grade because that was when I started watching the cartoon and buying TMNT pajamas and crap, had that memory stuck in my head for two decades before I remembered all of a sudden, that I had already seen the two films and played all the NES and arcade games three years prior to that and then remembered oh yeah I already had all the action figures before then too. Don't know how I got that jumbled in my mind but I did.
Realizing that made me less critical of minor continuity mistakes in decade themed sitcoms because they are a persons memories, not an accurate account and I love that in one episode he talks about Top Gun and the next episode is waiting in line to see Return of the Jedi opening weekend.

You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3615 on: March 03, 2016, 01:21:25 PM »
Supergirl - This show is crashing and burning as far as I'm concerned. Watching the latest episode with Brainiac Indigo was almost enough to get me to quit this show. Just so much of it is a hot mess combined with lazy storytelling. At this point, the only thing that seems to be working is the Hank/Kara/Alex relationship and even that's not perfect. However, there are only 5 episodes left in the season and there is a Flash crossover episode happening in one of them so I'll probably stick out the season. I might just do what I started doing with this episode and play me 3DS while the show is on and multitask. Maybe they'll burn everything down by season's end in order to revamp and refresh for a second season which might be the only way I come back. Or hire better writers.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: March 04, 2016, 01:24:18 AM »
Hopefully the crossover is a good way to kind switch thing up a little bit.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: March 04, 2016, 07:35:49 PM »
You know, if someone had told me there'd be an episode of pokemon that would feature Jessie's motherly side I'd have called them crazy yet here we are.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: March 06, 2016, 02:25:09 PM »
Legends of Tomorrow: A show in which a guy steals a timeship and travels across space and time and travels with companions, frequently saving the world in the process.

And just to add more Doctor Who comparisons, the Waverider's captain is a companion of the previous Doctor.

Also, Rip made reference to Star City 2046 being a "possible future". That on its own implies *his own* future is a possible future too.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: March 06, 2016, 03:43:14 PM »
Legends of Tomorrow: A show in which a guy from the future steals a timeship and travels through time to stop an immortal "warlord" from destroying his current present... but in order to do that, he nor his team seem to realize that if you simply displace the man from his present time, you would remove him from any event in that timelines past till the present in which you placed him.

A show that you can in no way take seriously or hold to any sort of "logic" as that would create loopholes as most time travel shenanigans do. Not that anyone was taking it seriously.... but it's fun for what it is, and fits in the Flash-multi-arrowverse just fine.

Now to see how the Supergirl crossover goes, and the Vixen spinoff (if that happens).
I also believe there is still Titans on TNT if that ever gets off the ground, but not holding my breath for that one.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: March 06, 2016, 04:52:17 PM »
I don't mind that you can't take the show seriously - my issue is that the show tries to take itself too seriously and contradicts itself in the process.

Seriously, if you want to pitch me a show that says we can use a Macintosh laptop to create a virus overnight and hack into an attacking alien armada, I can suspend my disbelief and enjoy it for what it is.  But if you were to create a sequel where you tell me Apple products don't exist or the aliens don't use a wireless communication or something, I'm going to get pissed and yell at the TV.

Fiction does not have to comply with my understanding of *our* reality.  I'm okay with that.  But I want the fiction to comply with the continuity that it has created.  If they do an episode of the Arrow where, 8 years ago, Oliver is acting as Green Arrow and working with the Flash to kill Jimmy Olsen, I'm going to be pissed because Oliver wasn't Green Arrow 8 years ago, Flash didn't have his powers and Jimmy is still alive.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: March 12, 2016, 01:49:10 PM »
I started rewatching The Genius last week, starting from first season.

So good. By far the smartest game show i saw and the only reality TV worth spending time on. And it's only gets better on rewatching.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: March 13, 2016, 11:08:15 PM »
I don't mind that you can't take the show seriously - my issue is that the show tries to take itself too seriously and contradicts itself in the process.

You know, I was just thinking... so if the whole reason for going back in time to stop Vandal Savage was to avenge the death of his family... why not just go back to just before they died and save them?

and if they really wanted to stop Savage at particular points in time... but continue to fail, why not just jump back to that moment again and again until you get it right? why can they only visit a particular moment once? Are they afraid there will be multiples of themselves in a single time instance?

time travel is so convoluted.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3623 on: March 13, 2016, 11:45:16 PM »
Black N Mild:  Logically it would probably be a very bad idea to have more than one version of yourself in a time stream.  The Flash already has been talking about how the Speed Force seems to have repercussions when you mess with time.  So there is probably a rule that prevents time travels to go to a place they already went existed. 

This is why they can not go back to that moment Hunter fought Savage and just beat him there.  It also tells why they can't just hit the reset button.  And if you call foul on this excuse it is the same logic that Back to the Future used...that somehow time must be paradox free and therefore when you mess with time you can have serious world altering effects.

It is also important to realize that Hunter's family dying is the cause that triggered his desire for the crusade but it became much bigger when he looked into history and saw just how much of the world was destroyed...and decided to stop it.

I speculate the future he is from that Vandal Savage must have already been stopped or he would have power and access to time travel himself.  So that could explain why the Time Council don't see it as a big deal.  Or he is alive in that time and has "minions" doing his bidding even in the time council. 

Finally, I think they logically have not planned how to stop Vandal Savage.  They should have gone back in time to the first big advance of Savage's global plan.  A less time they change in the process of stopping Vandal Savage the better.  Then when they fail/or if they fail, they can use the clues they collected to find him even earlier in time...always keeping the element of surprise. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: March 14, 2016, 12:39:15 AM »
I just caught up on the last 2 episodes and some interesting things have happened.

but on the time travel portion, they should go back as far in time as they can to steal that knife, and then leave.
That alone would mean that Vandal Savage couldn't steal the power from Shi'ara and the Hawkguy time after time over time. They can then skip to the moment in the near present closest to when Savage "destroys" the world, and kill him with the knife that was lost in time.

and as far as going back multiple times.... they could just got back a week earlier than last time, and either handle it differently, or manipulate things to work in your favor when "you" show up a week later.

But, I'm shocked Snart took care of Rory, and I'm not sure if he actually killed him or not. Should have dropped him back on in that time he liked w/ all the criminals
I find it funny that some got left behind, and I think Kendra is an idiot for losing the knife again.
They should have bum rushed him in his office. Held him down, injected him w/ meteorite, and then sacrificed him like a goat on the altar w/ that magic knife.
I mean, you know exactly where he was gonna be, knowing good an well that he wouldn't be armed, and you know he would be alone. The only backup he had was that lone police officer. They make this seem so hard when it really shouldn't be.