Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199335 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3550 on: December 02, 2015, 08:22:28 PM »
And for the record, I read your walls of text. I just don't always respond. Not much left to say after one of your walls.

Same.

Khush all of that analysis is interesting and has some points.

Oh. Ok. Not bad for a dope on the internet, I guess. :-[

I just hope this means you are all going to check out Crazy Ex-Girlfriend then!  >:(
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3551 on: December 02, 2015, 08:43:44 PM »
Nope.  I am only watching Flash, Arrow, and old Parks and Rec...Oh and I guess TMNT...and Jessica Jones.  This is already twice as much television than I usually watch. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: December 02, 2015, 09:51:21 PM »
Too much good television! I have more shows to watch than I will ever get through unless I swear off videogames. That ain't happening!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: December 03, 2015, 01:35:06 AM »
Too much good television! I have more shows to watch than I will ever get through unless I swear off videogames. That ain't happening!

That's exactly what I did.... and I have no interest to even attempt going back.

edit:
And Khush, I'm gonna need a similar Wall of Text (WoT!?) for Agents of SHIELD and the Marvel Netflix shows as well when you have the time... assuming you are of course watching the MCUTV.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:14:01 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: December 03, 2015, 03:20:48 AM »

That's exactly what I did.... and I have no interest to even attempt going back.

This seems to be happening with me though I do seem to fight it once in awhile and give gaming a go for a bit. I'm probably averaging about 12 games I can mostly fully complete and play in a year despite there being so many I'd like to dive into. That's not a bad average, I suppose, but it has the advantage of me being pretty choosy about what I play and I have to really want to play a game to choose it over others so meaning there is some desire to play it and spend that amount of time with it.

edit:
And Khush, I'm gonna need a similar Wall of Text (WoT!?) for Agents of SHIELD and the Marvel Netflix shows as well when you have the time... assuming you are of course watching the MCUTV.

WoT, WoT! It's Khushrenada Ramblings in the house! Totally think I may trademark Khushrenada WoT WoT! Thanks BnM for the inspiration!

Except I've never watched Agents of SHIELD.....

or have Netflix....

or have watched any of these other Marvel shows....

But I could talk about Crazy Ex-Girlfriend some more....

Ok.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3555 on: December 03, 2015, 06:53:40 AM »
Ok, I just finished Jessica Jones. 

The final episodes were too much for me.  They went hard rated R fast, and they didn't need to.  I mean seriously hard R...horror stuff really.  I wish they would have tried to keep it in the hard PG-13 or light R realm. 

The series does do a good job of talking about adult issues like addiction and sex and how they can destroy lives.  All the themes and issues they explored seemed to be interesting, but again, I felt like they could have done it with more class.  There was too much sex for the sake of having sex on screen, and it could have been shown differently and honestly made me uncomfortable. 

What I didn't like was the last conflict.  Kilgore should have been more clever, and if you are going to go for more surprise, he should have done more to the girl to get to Jessica.  I mean, you need to sell the audience better...and they just didn't. 

I think I would give the series a solid B.  It was good, perhaps very good...but not excellent.  I also hope we don't get a season 2.  We don't need a season 2.  Carry Jessica's story into Luke Cage's story.  We don't need an origin story for him...so just let them be a couple and move forward Luke Cage's series can effectively be Jessica Jones season 2.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: December 04, 2015, 02:33:20 AM »
I bet Luke's show will have lots of Flashbacks to the "experiments" that created his condition.
and Jessica Jones S2 should basically be Hero's for Hire, Co-starring Luke and introducing Iron Fist.

and Khush... get on that AoS and use a free month of Netflix to watch DD and JJ, but wait till next year when Luke Cage's show comes out. marathon all 3 and WoT for me. ;)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: December 27, 2015, 06:38:18 PM »
Scream Queens - Delightfully Cheesy in all the best ways.

I just enjoy this show so much. It's a cheesy "who-done-it" serial killer slasher fest on a college campus that certainly doesn't take anything seriously as it mocks horror movies down to the stupid people proudly making stupid decisions that always ultimately lead to someone being dead.... or not.

either way, I haven't finished the season yet (on ep10 now), but if  you are a fan of horror and comedy, I suggest you give this one a shot.

edit: Just finished S1, and the verdict is that this show is ridiculous, crass, crude, slightly racist, very classist, a little gory, twisted, funny and most definitely cheesy (in the best way of course) with a few jump scares. It is aware of all these things and goes full steam ahead with it. I look forward to a S2, assuming it was meant to be more than a 1 season show.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 12:25:39 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: January 10, 2016, 09:23:19 PM »
I remember some people throwing hate around towards Avenger Assemble.

I've been catching up on it this past week, and I actually find it quite funny.
I really liked EMH, but I see nothing wrong with this version of the show other than they canceled EMH so that this could take it's place.

currently about 9 eps into S2 and enjoying it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: January 10, 2016, 09:24:35 PM »
I'm a few episodes into Assemble and nothing truly stood out to me other than the scene with Hulk in his room with the glass figures. That was hilarious. I'll keep at it and see if it gets better.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: January 10, 2016, 09:27:38 PM »
I'm a few episodes into Assemble and nothing truly stood out to me other than the scene with Hulk in his room with the glass figures. That was hilarious. I'll keep at it and see if it gets better.

A lot of the most humorous moments revolve around Hulk. whether is something that happened to him, because of him, or a one liner dropped by him. A lot of the time is it also involves Thor and/or Hawkeye, but mostly almost always includes The Hulk.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: January 10, 2016, 10:23:12 PM »
Hulk has been the best to watch. I liked the one where everyone turned 'hulk' and the original has to act as a mentor/parent to them, with lots of smashing to keep them in line.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: January 10, 2016, 11:38:07 PM »
There is a mind swap ep in S2 that probably had me wake the neighbors.
I think pretty much everyone was part of the LOL's on that episode.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: January 12, 2016, 07:47:32 AM »
It's funny. The cartoon actually has MORE freedom than the movies. They get to follow the comic book exactly if they'd like. For instance, they did Ultron arc months before the movie and it was actually better. The threat was better, the story was better, and the ending was epic.

Plus, there's a scene in one of the infinity stone episodes where Thor gets hit so hard he collides with the moon. Actually speaking of that episode, all the Avengers die when faced with the time stone except Thor and his line right before he fucks up the enemy is exactly why I watch comic book cartoons. I wish the movies will get that geeky awesome in the future.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: January 24, 2016, 12:14:18 AM »
SO I just watched a few episodes of Teen Titans Go! today, and OMG this cartoon had me laughing so damn loud.

a few random episodes, just some random stuff that happens, and comments that are made. completely caught off guard.

Like the "looks don't matter" episode Starfire(?) put on makeup and they covered her w/ the paperbag (edit: I think the ep was called The Croissant, which that part of the ep was hilarious as well), or the Justice League episode where Beastboy was Martian Manhunter... you know the martian that hunts mans. Manhunter Beastboy says "I want to hunt me some mens". and a few other eps that I can't recall all the details on right now.

point being, don't let the little kiddie look deter you from this one (my daughter wanted to watch, so I figured this was better than yet another round of Wild Krats, or some other toddler toon she usually likes to watch). I can't speak for all the eps, but the majority of the ones I've seen have had some quite hilarious moments.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:19:34 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: January 24, 2016, 02:35:33 AM »
Well you got me turned on to Avengers Assemble so I'll give this a shot once that is done.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: January 24, 2016, 03:26:03 AM »
Well you got me turned on to Avengers Assemble so I'll give this a shot once that is done.

I haven't seen many episodes. according to CN.com, S1 is 52 episodes.
I only watched 5 or so episodes from S3... I think there are a total of 11 streamable online, but I wasn't paying attention during all of them. They are only like 10 minutes long each episode.

So I can't vouch for S1 or S2, but what I've seen of S3 was pretty funny.

« Reply #3567 on: January 25, 2016, 02:38:01 PM »
I just started this new sitcom, forgot the title but it basically makes fun of people who work at Walmart stores, hilarious I love it I want to see more of this. I was a little turned off by the start of the pilot but by the end of the second episode I was hooked and wanted more.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: January 26, 2016, 01:02:11 AM »
X-Files S10 E2 was better than the pilot. Well told story with heart.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: January 26, 2016, 03:36:24 PM »
Was waiting for someone to comment on X-Files, too chicken to put my opinion out there at first.

Episode 1 was definitely an attempt to rope new viewers into the franchise, setting the ground work without really committing to a "story arc," just altering an old one. Episode 2 was a step up, with good side-characters but very predictable plot twists saw the boy in the janitor position/roof of the car coming from FAR away while also a continuation of the storyline of Episode 1(you'd barely notice it if you didn't watch Episode 1, though, which is the best part about a series). Mulder and Scully both seem a bit older and weary, which may be part of the appeal of the series to newbies and vets alike but its kind of sad, in a way. I can't seem to recall if they called each other by their last names all that much in the old series (it's been a while since I've seen it).

Also, the Teen Titans episode that features Young Justice is one of the most ridiculous and enjoyable cartoons I've seen in a long time. Evokes parts of Spongebob Squarepants' E.V.I.L. episode foor a new generation.

And Conan gifs are lame.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:42:35 PM by Evan_B »
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: January 28, 2016, 03:39:01 AM »
Is anyone watching The Expanse? It's dense, complex, space sci-fi and its quite enjoyable.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: January 29, 2016, 01:04:51 AM »
I've never even heard of it. What's the premise?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: January 30, 2016, 03:01:28 PM »
I've pinched this from wiki as its the best description without spoilers:

Two hundred years in the future, in a fully colonized Solar System, police detective Josephus Miller (Thomas Jane), born in the asteroid belt, is given the assignment to find a missing young woman, Julie Mao (Florence Faivre). Meanwhile, James Holden (Steven Strait), the Executive Officer of the ice freighter Canterbury, is involved in a tragic incident that threatens to destabilize Earth, Mars and the Belt. Far away from their struggles in space, Chrisjen Avasarala (Shohreh Aghdashloo), a United Nations executive, works to prevent war between Earth and Mars by any means necessary. Soon, the three find out that the missing woman and the ice freighter's fate are part of a vast conspiracy that threatens all humanity.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: January 31, 2016, 04:01:25 PM »
I watched a Jonny Carson Tonight Show rerun last night. Talk shows were much better back then.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: February 03, 2016, 08:55:49 PM »
My mother and father were big fans of the X-Files when it originally aired. My dad's first chance to watch the new series was on Monday.

It was kind of a bad place to start.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.