Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199336 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3500 on: November 06, 2015, 11:55:18 PM »
Can't stop The Flash this week

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: November 07, 2015, 12:04:30 AM »
I started iZombie on my own. I'm really digging it. It is filling the detective/crime itch for me and I find it much more interesting than Psych.

Yeah! the mysteries are not bad. The Characters are all consistently compelling too.

« Reply #3502 on: November 08, 2015, 05:35:05 PM »
I think I am done with Heroes reborn, all things aside that was completely uncharacteristic of Matt there is no way he would have done what he claimed to have done not the Matt who let his marriage fall apart so he could save the world, there is no way he would join the bad guys because they paid him.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: November 08, 2015, 07:50:32 PM »
Didn't he let his marriage fall apart due to his Wife cheating and the baby might not be his, as well as his own self doubts.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: November 08, 2015, 09:27:59 PM »
It's funny. Heroes Reborn has become my favorite show of the week. It's the one I'm most looking forward to. I don't know why this show works for me but it does and always has. I'm not oblivious to the complaints about it and there's definitely things about it I recognize as silly, inconsistent or a gap in logic by a character but it's always had this great forward momentum that I just enjoy the ride along with certain cool and fun moments it can throw in as well. But then, I'm a guy that also enjoyed most of the show and thought its 4th season was second only to the 1st season representing an uptick in quality and a sign that it was improving before it was cancelled. I'm really glad its back and it is putting on a season that I think is equivalent to its 1st season. Were it not for a few details that could be done better, I'd be tempted to say it even surpasses that.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3505 on: November 09, 2015, 10:16:20 AM »
I think that the Writers Strike ruined Heroes.  I know the show runners said they made mistakes in season 2...but actually, I really liked the slow burn story arc and the direction season 2 was going.  Season 3 was awful...it was like the didn't explain any of their twists and turns and didn't let the characters grow into any changes that happened to them.

« Reply #3506 on: November 09, 2015, 11:38:55 AM »
Didn't he let his marriage fall apart due to his Wife cheating and the baby might not be his, as well as his own self doubts.

But he never became one of the bad guys. This new version was just a new character with the same name and same power but totally different guy. I agree with most of what anime dude said, the show is working story wise but these inconsistencies of the characters is distracting.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: November 09, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »
I think that the Writers Strike ruined Heroes.  I know the show runners said they made mistakes in season 2...but actually, I really liked the slow burn story arc and the direction season 2 was going.  Season 3 was awful...it was like the didn't explain any of their twists and turns and didn't let the characters grow into any changes that happened to them.

Definitely. I got into Heroes around the time just before Season 3 began and watched the first two seasons. There was a lot of good stuff going on but then it just suddenly rushed to an ending and finished very abruptly as well. That rushed rough ending really just ruined the season. But the writers strike created a lot of "what-might-have-been" scenarios with different shows so its not like Heroes was the only one affected but it has seemed to be the one that suffered the most compared to other shows.

Suffers from a lack of real purpose. At least with the other seasons, you have a main purpose. Season 1 - stop the New York nuclear explosion. Season 2 - stop the deadly virus release. Season 4 - Stop the earthquake carney man. Reborn - stop the end of the world. But with 3, I can not recall what the main threat was. They introduced different powered villains and I think they were plotting together or working on something. And then they introduced the secret government task force hunting the heroes so it was about hiding, surviving and trying to stop the task force along with a subplot of preventing Sylar from killing/becoming the president. The fact that the season considered its worst is the one that seems to be lacking in a purpose shouldn't be a surprise.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:04:36 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3508 on: November 09, 2015, 07:00:20 PM »
I think the biggest mistake Heroes made was keeping Sylar after season 1.  You kinda need to move on to other villains.

By the way season 3 was broken into 2 mini seasons.  The second half was stronger than the first and was about villains...however it still was lame. 

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: November 09, 2015, 08:33:43 PM »
The problem is Sylar remained one of the more interesting of all the characters for awhile. There was still more that could have been done with him but they went down some weird directions with him which resulted in the audience growing weary of the character. He'd have been a great threat to bring out again once in awhile instead of just seeking more power or redemption.

I do know that Season 3 was split in to two arcs but that was sort of my point about it. Neither of those arcs had a major threat to avert or clear through line as to what the goal was for each one. The second half does a bit more than the first which is partly why its stronger but in the end, how do you sum up the season? What was the main conflict? It's lacking and the season reflects that by going all over the place with characters and ideas but not having a very clear direction.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3510 on: November 10, 2015, 02:29:26 AM »
The only thing they could have or should have done with him...is going the direction season 2 did.  Showing that he was dangerous and evil without his powers...just as much with the powers.  But I would have never given him his powers back.  There is some dark and evil in man when they are willing to do anything to get there power back, and seeing him willing to manipulate a girl with a dangerous power just to watch the world burn because he lost his powers was interesting. 

But they relied too much on Sylar and that meant that they never developed another cool villain, until it was too late.

They made Peter too powerful, but they could have easily dialed him down, by him forgetting how to use powers he obtained over time.  They explained his powers were gained by recreating the emotions of the original users, well...if he lost his connection to the originals he could lose his powers.

Also, I was OK with Peter being alive still, but they should have left his brother dead so he could have a heroic end.  This is the problem, they had a huge ensemble cast but they didn't let their stories end.  Season 2 could have been carried with 2-3 remaining cast members from season 1 and new characters and stories. 

Hiro, Peter, the Cheerleader and her father was all that was truly needed for season 2...then give us new characters.

« Reply #3511 on: November 10, 2015, 09:36:50 AM »
The Walking Dead, another filler episode, it had a couple of moments but I am losing patience with this show. No I don't care if someone is dead or not anymore I lost interest in that last week, I just want to see something happen not so damn much talking, repeating the same exact conversations every damn episode.

Gotham is still kicking ass. I was a little down on the episode a couple back but this one was amazing, keep it up can't wait till next week. I am curious how Gordon redeems Barbara though. I am hoping the doctor dies soon I can't stand her.

My brother-in-law and I had a conversation last night about Star Wars, with the empire over taking the Republic how all those "good guy" (stormtroopers) wouldn't just suddenly fight for the bad guys, as in good guys don't go bad over night. Then I mentioned Matt from Heroes and he agreed with me, that guy was one of the good guys, there is no way he would have sold his soul for money because he sacrificed his family to save the world. No way he turned rogue, not *before* the explosion anyways, maybe in the aftermath that following year but even then I am not sure.

I disagree with him on Star Wars though, he just hates the prequels anyways because he is old and hates change.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: November 10, 2015, 06:57:56 PM »
The Walking Dead was great - 8.5/10, you're dumb. Filler on The Walking Dead is better than most episodes of most other shows.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3513 on: November 10, 2015, 07:00:37 PM »
Just finished Black Lagoon, well that was Fuckin Amazing. Time to find the second one and Roberta's blood trail...
Made you look ****.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: November 10, 2015, 07:00:43 PM »
And the Storm Troopers were genetically modified clones that were "programmed" to turn on the Jedi. Order 66, bruh. They didn't turn overnight, they turned instantly.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: November 11, 2015, 03:05:05 AM »
I'm still having a lot of issue with how unsettled Gotham as a whole is. When it doubles down into the weird and wacky and strange (with Jerome this season) it's good. When it doubles down into the gritty it's good (like the scene with Galavant and Bruce) but when it tries to jump back and forth it's pretty jarring.

It needs to pick a tone and stay there.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:17:24 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: November 11, 2015, 04:19:18 AM »
That was a pretty good episode of the Flash. Barry got WRECKED, like spine is broken, I can't feel my legs wrecked.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: November 11, 2015, 01:53:54 PM »
My wife and I started Flash and are enjoying it. It makes me want to restart Arrow as we just finished the first crossover episode, but I know Arrow was lagging in S3 where we stopped watching. We may try to watch them in tandem so that we can appreciate the shared plot points better.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3518 on: November 11, 2015, 05:35:36 PM »
There is almost no shared plot points in those cross overepisodes thatneed you to watch the Arrow season...they are there, but not important.  Now, this season, I heard is different, theshared plot points will be bigger.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: November 12, 2015, 09:39:28 AM »
The shared plot points from this season should lead into a joint spin-off show.

Arrow is much improved this season over last, but S3's stink still lingers in the background.

« Reply #3520 on: November 12, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »
And the Storm Troopers were genetically modified clones that were "programmed" to turn on the Jedi. Order 66, bruh. They didn't turn overnight, they turned instantly.

I told him that, he just isn't at all into the prequels.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: November 13, 2015, 03:54:27 PM »
My only concern is the producers are now involved in five shows at once (Arrow, Flash, Legends, Supergirl and Blindspot)... a bit much maybe?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: November 13, 2015, 09:21:50 PM »
They are on Blindspot too!?

I've been meaning to watch that show, but I haven't made it last the nude scene in the beginning in the 4 times I've tried watching.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: November 15, 2015, 09:40:34 AM »
It's not all of the producers on Blindspot, but i have seen several including the exec producer and the music composer (which confuses me as the Blindspot theme is TERRIBLE! despite Flash's being so good) over on Blindspot.

There is no nudity. Absolutely none. Plenty of "she would be nude but you don't see because this object is in the way" early on though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: November 15, 2015, 11:50:36 AM »
it was the part where she comes out the bag and just sits there naked. I keep turning it on late at night, and I never remember anything past that point.

But I'm sure one day I'll have time to watch it earlier in the day, and make it past the 3 minute mark in the show. LOL.