Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199176 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3475 on: October 29, 2015, 01:51:31 AM »
I haven't started watching TWD yet, but the curiosity of what you are talking about, might make me jump in earlier than expected.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: October 29, 2015, 02:01:01 AM »
iZombie is the best show I am watching this year. Do yourself a favor and watch season 1 on Netflix.

« Reply #3477 on: October 29, 2015, 01:38:15 PM »
I haven't started watching TWD yet, but the curiosity of what you are talking about, might make me jump in earlier than expected.

Do you mean at all or just this season? If you mean at all then you are way behind and missing out, but if you just mean this season, do yourself a favor and don't start it until your are ready to hate the writers.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3478 on: October 29, 2015, 07:39:24 PM »
I am really curious what the writers are doing to make people angry.  Are they killing popular characters?  Making the world inconsistent?  Writing characters inconsistent or what?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: October 30, 2015, 12:58:36 AM »
I meant just this season, and I'm looking for a reason to drop the show and make room for something new... if they want to give me a reason.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3480 on: October 30, 2015, 01:12:52 AM »
I didn't know The Blacklist started a month ago. I watched the first episode, it was great!

« Reply #3481 on: October 30, 2015, 10:31:48 AM »
I am really curious what the writers are doing to make people angry.  Are they killing popular characters?  Making the world inconsistent?  Writing characters inconsistent or what?

Honestly, ALL OF THE ABOVE.

SPOILERS *DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE THEM HIDDEN SO DROP DOWN A WAYS*

*************BEGIN SPOILERS*********************

They killed a main character in Season 3 or 4 by beheading, his head turned into a walker but one of the characters wields a sword and beheads walkers all day long. leaving what should be chomping threats all over the place but they ignore them as if they just die. Inconsistent and pretty glaring.

Daryle is one of the main characters, has been for the whole show, but he goes back and forth on if he is a real killer or some softy. His character doesn't make sense anymore and is no longer predictable he has turned into Bill O'Reilly almost. very sad.

The MAIN character, Rick, well he sort of resembles the man from previous seasons but has lost his mind then regained it then lost it again, its a rollercoaster ride I am losing patience with.

*****BIG SPOILER STOP READING*******

One of the most beloved characters appeared to die in a horrible fashion last week. even if it isn't true it would be a terrible ruse. First there was no escape so if that person escapes it relies on bending the rules or some really lame deus ex machina that will destroy the continuity of the show for sure. if it DID happen people are pissed because it was a bitch way to go.

*****************end spoilers*************

The show has also gotten too heavy for many people, its lost its way and its gotten repetitive and predictable.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: October 30, 2015, 07:10:26 PM »
I scrolled over the major spoiler in your post. But I agree the show is too heavy. Last season was supposed to be a "return to awesome form" for the series and instead got bogged down by too many contrived plot points, especially for characters that didn't deserve them, and WAY too much monologuing/philosophizing.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

« Reply #3483 on: October 31, 2015, 06:16:50 PM »
I scrolled over the major spoiler in your post. But I agree the show is too heavy. Last season was supposed to be a "return to awesome form" for the series and instead got bogged down by too many contrived plot points, especially for characters that didn't deserve them, and WAY too much monologuing/philosophizing.

Then don't start this season, they are doing time jumps and parallel storytelling. They got one of the guys from Lost writing the show now, so expect it to suck from here on out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: November 01, 2015, 01:01:20 AM »
It's on the back burner for now. The only reason we would watch soon is because we fear getting spoilers for the deaths. Still, it is the best zombie survival show around and we are invested in the main characters. We'll continue on at some point.

In the mean time, we finished Gotham S1 together. I started it over with my wife since she became interested. I enjoyed it much more the second time and enjoyed the conclusion. Stoked for S2.
My Game Collection

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: November 01, 2015, 02:36:18 AM »
Supergirl

Just watched the first episode and I am pretty impressed. It handled Superman pretty well by shoving him into the background quickly so SG can do her thing. Thankfully the trailers lied pretty hard and it didn't end up as some half baked shallow chick flick. It's something anyone can enjoy. **** the technobabble though. It has quickly established a good set of supporting characters and an amusingly large number of people know who she is.

Will continue watching.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: November 01, 2015, 03:04:48 PM »
Supergirl

It has quickly established a good set of supporting characters and an amusingly large number of people know who she is.

I agree with this.  It was refreshing to see she was open with this revelation right at the beginning.  None of the usual "I can't tell you for your own safety, I'm trying to protect you internal battle" cliche nonsense that typically plagues these shows.  At least not yet. 

I also loved the music.  It's head and shoulders above Arrow and Flash and so on and so forth.  At least to me.

Though the "Kryptonese" line was groan inducing....

Blacklist has also been top shelf stuff this season.  It's nice seeing (blonde *drool*) Liz actually in a position of uncertainty and vulnerability relying on Red for guidance and protection.  Megan does it well.  Red also playing a much bigger role this season.

« Reply #3487 on: November 02, 2015, 09:35:25 AM »
another miss for TWD. Just a useless filler flashback episode to tell backstory on a character that didn't need any backstory. Intentionally drawing out the results of last weeks did they or didn't they.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: November 02, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »
I felt that was a good episode, just maybe badly placed. He was really abnormal for someone in TWD universe. I was interested in how he came to be. He is the opposite of Carol who is a pragmatist contrasting Morgan's idealism. They are both right at the same time even in the face of conflicting goals. Unfortunately Morgan has cornered himself with a moral conundrum that he has no way of solving that will measure up to his ideals. This is actually more interesting than whether Glenn (Not happening) dies or not.

This had me going Holy **** what were you guys thinking?

« Reply #3489 on: November 02, 2015, 06:27:27 PM »
I felt that was a good episode, just maybe badly placed. He was really abnormal for someone in TWD universe. I was interested in how he came to be. He is the opposite of Carol who is a pragmatist contrasting Morgan's idealism. They are both right at the same time even in the face of conflicting goals. Unfortunately Morgan has cornered himself with a moral conundrum that he has no way of solving that will measure up to his ideals. This is actually more interesting than whether Glenn (Not happening) dies or not.

This had me going Holy **** what were you guys thinking?

But did we really need to have an hour and a half devoted to why this one character won't kill humans in a world where the dead don't stay dead? There are plenty of people in the town that don't kill humans to side with him why devote, not just an entire episode, but a special extra long episode to telling a story that didn't need to be told. It was piss poor pacing and a cheap trick to ensure ratings don't fall off until next week.

If they were going to do an extra long episode this week they could have done half of it flashback and the other half catching up on the people in town, but no they chose to go the dirty route.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3490 on: November 02, 2015, 06:50:07 PM »
Been watching falling skies lately (GETTING OF THE TOPIC OF twd) pretty good getting season 4 for Christmas so I'm waiting for it till then.
Made you look ****.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: November 02, 2015, 07:02:27 PM »
The other people who don't kill humans aren't doing it out of an ideal. They are paralysed by the choice, therefore they aren't making a choice, nor do these people have the ability or will to enforce their choice. Morgan's idealism is his keystone, without it he would be dead or still clearing. It's not that the dead won't stay dead, it's about a world where you kill or be killed and there is value from choosing another way. Rick holds hints of this idealism, but he has yet to be rewarded for it as every time he has chosen not to kill has ended badly for him.

Each choice has a price and if I was a betting man, Morgan is going to have to kill.

Wait Falling Skies is still a thing? I gave up on that after the first episode. It lost me somewhere between the bad SFX and the nondescript peoples.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: November 02, 2015, 10:05:40 PM »
This season of The Walking Dead is awesome, period. Last night's episode was great - but it was out of place. It should have happened before the previous week's episode. I would say it should have happened last season, but then the ending would have been out of place.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: November 03, 2015, 04:30:46 PM »
Supergirl.

I really enjoyed that second episode.

A really like where this show is going. I am oh so happy that actually acknowledged that fact that they need her to be prepared and know how to actually fight without relying on her powers. This has been my biggest beef since pretty much forever with OP superheros like Superman. Same with the Flash. He has no idea how to fight. And it shows. Just relies on his speed. Hopefully she takes it seriously and actually learns how to fight.

The scene with kid Kara and mum was pretty ordinary. Felt and sounded like they were reading off the script directly for the first time as they filmed it.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3494 on: November 03, 2015, 05:44:09 PM »
Supergirl.

I really enjoyed that second episode.

A really like where this show is going. I am oh so happy that actually acknowledged that fact that they need her to be prepared and know how to actually fight without relying on her powers. This has been my biggest beef since pretty much forever with OP superheros like Superman. Same with the Flash. He has no idea how to fight. And it shows. Just relies on his speed. Hopefully she takes it seriously and actually learns how to fight.

The scene with kid Kara and mum was pretty ordinary. Felt and sounded like they were reading off the script directly for the first time as they filmed it.

I agree with you about the Flash...however, his inexperience does get him in trouble.  Butwhen you consider the storyarc ofthe first season you understand why his team didn't teach him to fight.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: November 04, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »
The ending to last weeks The Flash was a true W.T.F. moment. King SHARK!?

But this weeks The Flash was fucking hilarious.
"Our Wells was eeeevil, but you're just a DICK!!!! LOL

there were at least like 3-4 moments that had me waking up the neighbors with laughter, like Wells being a dick, Cisco spittin "game" and commentary moments.
and that chick Barry is now dating, I forget her name right now is so hawt. hotter than Iris or Panabaker if you ask me, and that is a damn compliment regardless of how you look at it.

Agent of SHIELD had a few good moments too. Between Hunter being an impulsively violent ass, to the opening misdirect that led right back to what some of us had originally thought to begin with. Just need to figure out the motivations now.

Gotham has been oh-so entertaining. I don't get how any comic show fan can not enjoy this show.
The show may not be winning any awards (outside of that portrayal of The Joker), but the entertainment value here is high. just embrace it for what it is and enjoy every second of it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:22:36 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: November 05, 2015, 01:25:34 AM »
That was a great episode of the Flash. His name is now Crisco.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: November 05, 2015, 03:06:42 PM »
there were at least like 3-4 moments that had me waking up the neighbors with laughter, like Wells being a dick, Cisco spittin "game" and commentary moments.
and that chick Barry is now dating, I forget her name right now is so hawt. hotter than Iris or Panabaker if you ask me, and that is a damn compliment regardless of how you look at it.

Yeah that episode was pretty damn great.  Patty is amazing.  She works very well with Barry.  That date was hilarious, and Barry's recovery when talking about the colour of her dress.....smooooooooooth.  But I think the best bit was Cicso's commentary.

Though as usual they completely mess up the fight.  Again.  How was creating all those "speed mirages' more effective that running up and knocking her straight out?  Why didn't she AoE the second time?   Was it on cooldown or was she out or mana or something? 

So happy Harry is back.  Essentially a completely different character this time though but that's ok.  Still adding nicely to the team. 

Arrow.

I've never watched Constantine, but his character seemed pretty cool.  One of the better episodes this season. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: November 05, 2015, 10:05:15 PM »
Harry coming back and calling Cisco "Crisco" was just the beginning of something great. He elevated the entire episode.

I have yet to watch Arrow, but I'm going to go ahead and assume The Flash won this week by a hefty margin.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: November 05, 2015, 10:31:13 PM »
I started iZombie on my own. I'm really digging it. It is filling the detective/crime itch for me and I find it much more interesting than Psych.
My Game Collection