Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199138 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3325 on: March 29, 2015, 11:17:13 PM »
I know we are getting there, but for a show that established the "flash" pacing in it's first 2 seasons, they sure are going for the slow burn this season and the show is suffering for it.

The Flash keeps it moving, even AoS stepped on the gas from the start and barely let off these last 2 episodes. Both of those shows have been all the better because of it.

We've seen the bolo arrow several times, and we even saw the punching glove arrow once. I think he used some sort of taser arrow on Ray last episode to short out the suit, and they even made a point that the Fake Arrows were identical to the real things, so maybe that will be the cause to seek out new and exciting arrows that can't just be replicated by anyone.
exploding arrows, gps tracker arrows, gas tipped, smoke bomb tipped, flash bang tipped, tranq arrows, glue arrows, taser arrows, rocket arrows, zip line arrows, drill tipped arrows, EMP arrows, flame/flare arrows, hammer head arrows, hell, make a damn boomerang arrow for all I care, but spice it up, and do it quickly.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: March 29, 2015, 11:35:40 PM »
Continued previous post.

The Animated series had the "Trick Arrows"  like Taser Arrows.  I feel the show really needs to work towards these, because otherwise Arrow is going to be framed easily anyone using real Arrows. 

Also, I would love to see Gas Arrows for both knocking out people, and stealth attacks.  Right now, Arrow is supposed to be a master leader and tactician however, I feel he just runs into situations arrows flying. 

The World Arrow is in, has gotten bigger and more "meta-human"-y.  I think Arrow as a show needs to evolve to show that. 

Give us trick arrows, give us a Black Canary with a real meta-Canary Cry.  Give us Roy Harper Arsenal, with his arm cut off and replaced with a weapon, because why not?

I want to see a Buzzsaw arrow, because as Justice League taught us, Black Canary thinks that's self-indulgent. :P:

Seriously, though, this season of Arrow has been a huge letdown. It's just been wandering without focus for most of the season, and then once it did get a focus it was just to rip-off a Batman storyline.  In the meantime, it hasn't even been joyfully entertaining like Flash is.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3327 on: March 30, 2015, 01:01:58 AM »
I don't mind the Batman ripoff...after all Green Arrow in many ways is a Robin-Hood Batman. And I like the overall story arc, I just hope they see the need to change the style of the show next season...which rumor has it, they will.

I am hoping that season 2 was learning to be a hero.  Season 3 is seeing that being a hero is more than just not killing...it is fundamentally doing things differently...and Oliver learning that he can embrace life and be the Arrow. 

Then I hope season 4 is just fun Arrow and team working together like a well oiled team, but a betrayal leaves team Arrow fighting from within.

So this season I want to see Roy Harper get injured so badly he is out of commission as Arsenal.  (Like an arm being removed) and he is out of the story for half a season...only to come back as side villain.  Yes it is the Red Hood, but I think Green Arrow actually did it first.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3328 on: March 30, 2015, 01:17:06 AM »
Wrestlemania 31.

It was good.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: March 30, 2015, 03:15:44 AM »
TWD

I just watched the last 2 episodes back2back and this season just got interesting again. Too bad there are only 2 episodes left.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: April 01, 2015, 03:32:18 AM »
AoS

Daaaayyyyyuuuum Skye.... Daisy.... Quake.... or whatever we are supposed to call you now. That scene was crazy.

and the episode over all is just keeping the bar high so everyone else has something to reach for.

although The Flash was also very entertaining tonight.
Mark Hamill did his best "Not the Joker" while playing his character from 20 years ago as his character from 20 years ago.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: April 01, 2015, 10:01:36 AM »
The Flash/Shield power hour is so so good.

It makes sense, in the 90s series for the flash his Trickster had a ton of shades of the Joker. Honestly this is how I would play up an Older Joker for the DCU movies.

I've been thinking about what they can do next. If Barry does indeed save his mom it would cause a big shift in universe that would be more logical than the comics flashpoint. If Barry's mom never dies than Slade would have taken over Star City. Ray Palmer as the Atom would be a much darker character. Cold and Heatwave would still have their weapons but their wouldn't be a flash or Firestorm to fight them.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: April 01, 2015, 04:17:15 PM »
AoS

Daaaayyyyyuuuum Skye.... Daisy.... Quake.... or whatever we are supposed to call you now. That scene was crazy.

and the episode over all is just keeping the bar high so everyone else has something to reach for.

Mark Hamill did his best "Not the Joker" while playing his character from 20 years ago as his character from 20 years ago.

Never mind the star wars reference i am your father

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: April 01, 2015, 05:11:50 PM »
AoS

Never mind the star wars reference i am your father

At that point, I was like, this episode is incredible. Congrats to the writers for taking full advantage of Mark Hamill and his whole history. Star Wars, The Joker, and The Trickster. They were just wrapping everything up into a whole Hamill celebration. On top of that, we got to see more details about the night Barry's mom dies with a glimpse of that speedster fight. Then there's the fact that after Well's had berated Barry about changing time, we see that he (Thawne) has already changed and messed with time by speeding up the particle accelerator project. What are the ramifications of that?

Also, Barry needs a better poker face. You don't alert the villain you are on to them by being curt and prickly towards them. You need to keep them off guard and unsuspecting of you. Too often, everyone knows what Barry is thinking because he doesn't control his emotions.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: April 01, 2015, 06:44:16 PM »
I wonder why Harrison didn't just use that man meld machine thingy on Barry on day one....

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: April 01, 2015, 06:59:59 PM »
Because it would change time to much and create some paradox?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: April 01, 2015, 07:28:29 PM »
That was a really good episode of the Flash.

Speculations:The Ronny Raymond version of Firestorm is killed because of the Flashpoint, this causes Kaitlyn to go off the deep end and become Killer Frost. Reverse Flash kills Cisco again by vibrating his hand through his chest, this time it activates his metahuman powers and he becomes Vibe. Reverse Flash goes up against the Atom and actives the white dwarf star that he uses as his power source. Atom then shrinks.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: April 01, 2015, 08:42:56 PM »
A lot of people are predicting the Flashpoint event as happening for next season and I admit that all this talk of trying to stop the murder of Barry's mom in this season seems to be leading up to that but I just don't see that as a good idea for a show that is still so young. There's still much of this universe and world to create and if you want the full effect of a Flashpoint event, I think you need a second season at least to further build up different events and moments and situations before you show the alternate possibilities of what life would be like by changing that moment in time. If they do Flashpoint next season, then I think this show runs the risk of burning up a lot of material too fast and could result in the Arrow situation we see now where it seems to be a struggle to find engaging new conflicts or direction.

I feel Arrow has turned things around a lot at the point that Oliver finally came clean to Thea though it still struggles from earlier plot points (like not telling Lance about Sarah's death). However, the biggest reason why I think the show is struggling is from all the cast subtraction that has occurred over the first two seasons. The more you eliminate characters, the less story potential you then have and the remaining characters have to shoulder the load of finding new angles and interests. Otherwise, you have to introduce new characters but then you've got to build them up and there's no guarantee that they will be as popular as the established ones you've killed off or mostly eliminated from the story.

For instance, a lot could have been done with Moira Queen still alive and winning the mayoral election. All of that story potential was killed for a moment to bolster Deathstroke's villainy and to get revenge for Oliver's earlier choice (which I still think wasn't an actual choice). It's a big moment but it throws away so much more potential material that could have happened. Now, in addition to the mayor dying at the start of season 2 and both mayoral candidates of Blood and Queen dying, the latest no-name mayor has just been killed. It comes off as completely ridiculous about how cursed that job is and highlights what might have been with Moira and Lance at odds about the Arrow now or if she had been targeted by the League of Assassins now in Ra's plan.

We got Ray Palmer introduced and while he is likeable, he's just felt at odds with everything else going on in the season and again, there could be a lot of story potential just within Oliver's running and the business of Queen Consolidated. Instead, because the budget is so low, they had to give those sets to Ray since they couldn't build new ones and I don't know where they are planning on taking Oliver and his company business in the future. Moreover, it just seems like Ray and Oliver should have been able to get along more which they might have if Oliver still had a company and it wasn't taken over by Ray. Weird story choices with the new characters introduced are another reason this story is stumbling. The whole Hong Kong flashbacks have been the biggest example of this.

In the end, I still say Arrow is a step above Smallville. Yet, I liked Smallville and one positive thing to take away from looking back to Smallville is that it developed well in its first 3 seasons and the 3rd season especially is one of the highlights of that show. Yet, it crashed and burned with a pretty bad Season 4 with a so-so introduction of Lois Lane and introducing a couple characters as the villains/antagonists that didn't quite work along with the whole witches/magic plot. It took awhile to regroup but it got stronger again in Season 5 with the introduction of Brainiac and had another good season in Season 6. It would continue to struggle with cast changes but later, Season 9 would be another top season for the show and by that point, the Lois Lane character had completely won me over after her rough start. The takeaway is that even if this season is rather rough, it has a pretty solid foundation still in place and all it takes is a good villain or well-executed story to turn things back around so I'm still willing to stick around with it and see how Season 4 ends up faring.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: April 01, 2015, 10:13:22 PM »
I think you're being too kind to Smallville.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: April 01, 2015, 10:23:46 PM »
Ha ha ha.

It suffered from pacing issues and for sure it dragged some storylines out way too long and kept circling back to them over and over. I'm looking at you Clark and Lana hooking up, breaking up, making up, repeat. Way too long for Clark to become Superman as well. Yet, as far as I'm concerned, it gave the definitive Lex Luthor and Lois Lane performances portrayed in any program. Radio, television and movies. I know the Animated Series was pretty good and Lois and Clark gets some love from people but Rosenbaum and Durance are the characters now for me. It also gave a great character in Lionel Luther and John Glover's portrayal of him was splendid. Just kind of ironic that it isn't the greatest Clark Kent or Superman portrayal when that was kind of the focus and pitch of the show.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: April 01, 2015, 11:17:06 PM »
Ha ha ha.

It suffered from pacing issues and for sure it dragged some storylines out way too long and kept circling back to them over and over. I'm looking at you Clark and Lana hooking up, breaking up, making up, repeat. Way too long for Clark to become Superman as well. Yet, as far as I'm concerned, it gave the definitive Lex Luthor and Lois Lane performances portrayed in any program. Radio, television and movies. I know the Animated Series was pretty good and Lois and Clark gets some love from people but Rosenbaum and Durance are the characters now for me. It also gave a great character in Lionel Luther and John Glover's portrayal of him was splendid. Just kind of ironic that it isn't the greatest Clark Kent or Superman portrayal when that was kind of the focus and pitch of the show.

a lot of truth spoken in here.

although Smallville s4-6~7 were unforgivable, outside of Chloe, Lois, Lionel and Lex.

and John Glover is still Lionel Luther in EVERYTHING i see him in.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: April 01, 2015, 11:44:02 PM »
(Insert any Khushrenada post here)

a lot of truth spoken in here.

That's what I do! I preach it! There's a whole lot of misguided souls on these forums and I am giving my all to lead them to the light. The glorious shining light of a TV screen and what it can mean to their lives.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: April 02, 2015, 12:08:21 AM »
Smallville jumped the shark when Pa Kent died. The show should have become Superman: the series in Season 6 or so, and I thought Tom Welling was a pretty good Clark.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3343 on: April 02, 2015, 12:20:09 AM »
Smallville jumped the shark after season 3...they should move on and turn the heroes into heroes. 

"A lot of people are predicting the Flashpoint event as happening for next season and I admit that all this talk of trying to stop the murder of Barry's mom in this season seems to be leading up to that but I just don't see that as a good idea for a show that is still so young. There's still much of this universe and world to create and if you want the full effect of a Flashpoint event, I think you need a second season at least to further build up different events and moments and situations before you show the alternate possibilities of what life would be like by changing that moment in time. If they do Flashpoint next season, then I think this show runs the risk of burning up a lot of material too fast and could result in the Arrow situation we see now where it seems to be a struggle to find engaging new conflicts or direction."

I think they are doing Flashpoint...but differently.  The thing is, they were worried that the show might not become popular, so they wanted to tell the Flash story as quickly as possible.  I think this season has been excellent about slowly introducing and showing us all of the Flash's powers.  Now, they are definitely setting up for Flash point.  This weeks episode totally confirms it.

By the end of this season I promise 100% The Flash will have lost his powers, and saved his mom's life.  And the Reverse Flash will somehow be reconnected to the speed force, and either A) Go back to the future or B) be apart of the evil time changed mess that we have be in the wake of the Flash never existing. 

However, they will not pull in too many other heroes it will be a more personal and smaller story.  But it will give us a truly heroic and good Doctor Wells for season 2...which is nice because he is so likable. 

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: April 02, 2015, 08:41:43 AM »
Flashpoint is only worth 1 or two episodes at max. The universe is still a bit too small to have any major revisions to the universe. Off the top of my head I see

The particle accelerator wouldn't been created for another five years and the explosion wouldn't have made any Meta Humans.
Team Arrow would have been killed by Slade Wilson with Ollie killed by Solomon Grundy.
The League of Assassin's and Slade's Army goes to War in Starling.
Firestrom would have been made but it would have been a government backed hero.
The Atom would be much Darker hero and fighting both sides in Starling.
Taskforce X would be a publicly known super team.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3345 on: April 02, 2015, 03:41:51 PM »
Why didnt recent events of the flash the time jump back one day and then rewriting things affect arrow too?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: April 02, 2015, 04:15:48 PM »
Laurel: "He's not giving you anything to use to run"... THEN CALL BARRY

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: April 02, 2015, 05:30:13 PM »
Why didnt recent events of the flash the time jump back one day and then rewriting things affect arrow too?

To be fair, even in comic books, a character can experience time travel or change things and it doesn't usually effect other characters and their worlds in their comic books.

Plus, for all we know, it did affect Oliver. Maybe he accepted Ra's al Ghul's offer the first time but then declined when the day happened again. Unlike Barry who knows what happened the first time around, no one in the Arrow world would remember what happened the first go-around anyways. It could also be that nothing really changed in the Arrow world from the day re-do either because the effects of it were felt more in Central City anyways where most of the changes happened. It's part of the time-travel conundrum. If someone did go back and time and change it, how would you and I know about it? Would everyone experience the time change or would it just be altered so that we've always lived with whatever change happened and we never knew about the first timeline existing? I don't know why so many people are making a big deal about Arrow not showing the effects of the day over. To me, it makes perfect sense why we wouldn't see it.

Laurel: "He's not giving you anything to use to run"... THEN CALL BARRY

True but even if he did run, his secret is still publicly exposed. Maybe he can use the time on the run to think of a new plan to recover it but I think it would be nearly impossible to successfully do and I think Oliver realized that too. Moreover, running away by Barry doesn't solve the Ra's problem either. Confessing may not either but it further makes it difficult for Ra's to keep pushing Oliver to accept the offer. In the end, I don't get why he just doesn't tell his group that he'll accept the offer to get Ra's from coming after them. Then when Ra's dies, he could dismantle the whole league or give it away to someone else. Who cares? Ra's is dead and they didn't have to go through all this trouble. Everyone acts like accepting the offer means they become mass murderers. I hate the extreme black and white they always try to paint every situation in. There is middle ground.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3348 on: April 02, 2015, 07:57:03 PM »

You have to look at time travel from the eyes of the person you traveled in time as the center of the event.  The closer to that person you are the more the event of time travel will affect you.  In Barry's case the only people affected would be the people that had interactions with him the day prior to the jump. 

The Arrow had no interactions with him, so the jump would mean he would make the exact same decisions as before...nothing changed for him.  Even Doctor Wells said Barry you must make the exact same decisions and do exactly the same things or you will change time. 

As for the Flash helping.  How would he get in touch with the Flash?  Would Barry believe or trust him?  Oliver Queen's decision to turn himself in, was the right move.  His teams decision to try to free him was the WRONG decision.  Unless the city has a death sentence, Oliver staying in jail until the city realizes he is innocent and they need him, would have been the most mature and responsible thing to do.  The fact that he can't express that to his team shows he has bad leadership skills.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: April 05, 2015, 10:35:12 PM »
Comedy Central Roast of Justin Bieber - 8.5/10

Who would have thought that this would be one of best roasts they've ever put out? There is some serious comedy gold in this one. If you haven't watched it yet, fix that.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA