Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1200060 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2825 on: April 23, 2014, 11:52:49 AM »
The Devil Episode is a the second one.  I found that one ok.  Tried the 3rd one but at that point I got half way through and they showed that stupid coke commercial again and I was out.  I'll probably go back to it because concept wise I could see how that could be funny.

My biggest problem with the series so far is that there would have been a few parts that could be funny and then Rick:

1) Burps
2) Vomits
3) Dribble Vomit

and it kills the whole thing.  Its like your mother-in-law showing up and when you finally get a mood going.

The second episode is actually the dogs one. The devil one is the ninth. And the end of that episode (after the credits) is hilarious.

Rick burping or drooling bothered me for the first episode but now I actually like it. That includes all the stammering as well. It's like the exact opposite of Archer.

But keep watching it as everything builds to what I think was the best episode I've seen on any cartoon due to its tight narrative and that's episode 10 Close Rickcounters of a Rick Kind.
The stammering I'm ok with but, I think they could have put something better for the burps and like.  Sighs be an option.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: April 23, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »
But he's **** faced drunk all the time. The burping, the stammering and the drooling are all part of what makes his speech pattern funny to me. That and the fact that he always has to call out Marty's name.

I'm gonna try and watch the few episodes tonite. Ep8-finale.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: April 24, 2014, 01:15:31 PM »
Arrow
OMG, was that a season finale episode... Yes. Yes it was, but at the same time, there are still 2-3 more episodes to go this season. WTF Arrow. Why do you make the DC movie efforts seem so lame in comparison?

If The Flash can keep up with Arrow in the pacing and intense comic action department, I'm just gonna hope they spin off like 4 more shows, start a DC Network, and go for the TVCinematic Universe that culminates into a Made for TV mini-series movie for Justice Squad or whatever they need to call it to differentiate it from the movies.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: April 24, 2014, 02:29:02 PM »
Arrow was indeed epic. They jam sooo much into each episode.

Roy is a full blown insane cop killer. Oliver has a 6-7 year old child out there somewhere. Sarah has left. Moira has known that Oliver is the Arrow for the last year. Moira was killed by Slade!! Next week it looks like Blood and Deathstroke unleash the Mirakuru army and Ollie still has a knee fracture. Only characters still standing are Diggle and Felicity and Ollie maybe with some crutches. Time for the return of Merlyn!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: April 24, 2014, 02:29:30 PM »
Arrow talk!

Yes, that ending was a total surprise! When their limo was hit, I thought that was going to be the end of the episode with the fade to black but then it kept going and kept going all through that final choice and sacrifice. Totally unexpected. And yet, to me, part of the tragedy is lessened somewhat by thinking about how the Mirakuru could be used to save her. It worked with Slade and Rochov already. I understand Oliver not wanting to subject someone to it with the problems it has caused however with a cure being worked on, you'd think he might take a risk of doing it and then hopefully curing her. I never saw Slade's re-enctment of the choice coming but it was such a poetic way to get revenge. And he isn't done yet?!

Part of me was disappointed with the revelation Moira knew Ollie was the Arrow. I'd have expected more fallout or something more on her part indicating she knew who Ollie was then to suddenly bring it up and not make much of a deal out of it. That left just Thea and Quinten (who doesn't want to know) as the only main cast unaware of the secret identity. Ugh. Won't it be fun when Thea finds out? You lieeeeddddd tooo mmeeee. Still, when Moira later helped cover for Ollie's sudden disappearance, it was nice and I thought might make for an interesting dynamic. But not to be?

Ollie's in an interesting place heading to the season finale. Broken leg, dead mother, Roy's out of control, Sara's left, Rochov is alive and he doesn't know it and what she still has yet to do is undetermined. I'm surprised Diggle isn't more injured from the hit to the head from Roy. Or maybe he is. Can't say I such much of Diggle after that. Malcolm Merlyn is still in play and with Moira dead, will he come to collect Thea now? If Merlyn tells her that Ollie is also the Arrow and has been hiding that also, she may decide to throw in her lot with Merlyn after all. Blood will now win the election and with it, he has his army of mirakuru soldiers. What is the endgame there? Sara going off to see an old friend. I wonder if that means bring Lyssa Al Ghul back along with some League of Assassin members to fight the mirakuru army? That would be interesting. 3 episodes left.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: April 24, 2014, 03:58:13 PM »
Officer Lance knows. He just never wants to confirm. He purposely ignores the everything revealing the identity. He kinda looks away when Arrow accidentally steps into the light.
He knows his daughter is Canary and dates Oliver, he knows Felicity is his contact for the Arrow and that she works for Oliver as a personal assistant/secretary and I'm pretty sure he knows Diggle was helping on stakeouts and that is Ollie's personal security/Black Driver.
He would have to be a full blown idiot to not know, but he chooses to not deal with the obvious and air on the side of caution with plausible deniability for his and The Arrows safety.

at least that is what I took away from his speech to Laurel.

Speculation going forward (possibly a little influenced by next weeks promo)

- Sarah runs off to see Nyssa Al Ghul, comes back to Starling with an Assassin Squad to help Oliver, but ultimately has to sacrifice herself to make the deal or save the day.
- Blood becomes front runner for Mayor of Starling, but gets exposed at the last second and Oliver takes Maoira's place on the Ballot. Wins on the sympathy vote (Mother Died, Blood was in cahoots with Slade - who kidnapped Thea and killed Moira, Queen was the name on the Ballot and that has not changed)
- Suicide Squad or League of Assassins confront Roy, he loses his arm. becomes Arsenal next season.
- Oliver cures Slade of the Miraku Rage - cure doesn't take away all physical enhancements of Mirakuru (kinda dilutes it), just heals the mind. Slade is arrested, locked away and then becomes the newest member of the Suicide Squad.
- Oliver also cures the CEO chick that he thought was dead (she appears briefly in the promo) and ultimately outs her from CEO of his company (or maybe Sarah kills her...)
- Merlyn helps Ollie take down Slade in a 2 vs 1 fight, the same fight where Slade gets cured just before killing one of the two.
- Thea finds out that daddy is alive and that Ollie is The Arrow. Laurel finds out Sarah was Canary.

or maybe

Ollie takes some Mirakuru, it heals his knee, he fights Slade. Roy eventually turns on Slade, who then proceeds to cut off his arm. That action enrages Ollie who then gets the upper hand, where he then struggles against his ghost mom telling him to kill slade, where he eventually overcomes and cures Slade, himself and ROy of the Mirakuru. Roy is missing an arm from the fight, eventually becomes Arsenal, Slade gets recruited to the Suicide Squad along with The Huntress.

Bring on the Suicide Squad backdoor pilot in Season 3.
[/size][size=78%] DC Network Shared TVverse here we come.[/size]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:21:12 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: April 25, 2014, 12:14:04 PM »
Barry Allen gonna come in to save the day.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: April 25, 2014, 10:28:19 PM »
Parks and Recreation

Whoa! Going into the episode, I didn't expect a major shake-up and didn't even think the subplot of Leslie debate on whether to take the Federal job would even get resolved. In fact, I don't what I expected as I kind of kept forgetting about the Unity concert also. I guess just a low-key business as usual expectation especially with P&R having been announced for renewal so there didn't seem to be much reason to wrap up some of the recent conflicts and story ideas.

However, as the episode went on, I began to question whether or not there was going to be a major shake-up on the show for next season. With the Federal job, it suddenly seemed to indicate that things would suddenly be more far-reaching with Leslie's job being on a national level instead of local level. This would mean new characters and workmates. With her meeting her heroes like the bad boy of the interior, it struck me as though we might be seeing the introduction of a new cast for the next season. Then after Leslie took the job and all indications were that she would be moving, her trying to bring all the staff with her to her new job and them all refusing (except Larry) seemed to make me further wonder just where the show was going. Add in the fact that it seemed all the supporting cast were all getting a triumphant moment or two, it seemed as though it was setting up the goodbyes and final moments for a lot of the characters.

Yet, in the end, the show had a way to make it work that was a fairly obvious solution and so it seemed to be ready to go on as normal but with the team now having a much larger mandate to look after the national parks instead of local Pawnee parks only which could hopefully open up some new territory to mine for comedy gold. But then, the show went there and did offer up the chance for big changes next season with the time jump! I think it leaves the fate of a lot of characters open for change and possibly the chance we may see less of some of them and an introduction of more new characters. Or it could be the same old crew but just "older" and more wiser or slightly changed.

And then, just as I'm getting over the shock of the jump, Boom! Jon Hamm walks on for a quick 30 second cameo that had me wishing he becomes a regular or at least recurring guest star character. I'd love to see Don Draper now portraying someone even more incompetent that Terry (Ha!). He totally could too. Mad Men is wrapping up and filming its final scenes (if it hasn't done so already) so he would be available to join up in filming provided he doesn't now have other film commitments. Jon Hamm can be great for comedy as he proved hosting SNL. Those were some of my favorite episodes and his other appearances on the show have also been gold. It's odd how he pops up on shows for a quick joke like Conan or 30 Rock. Must be the SNL connection.

Man, I love how this episode pulled out all the stops with even most of the third tier characters making a brief cameo like Joan and Perd and the accounting guy that always wants to hire Ben. But best of all, more Jean-Ralphio. I always love his schtick and he delivered again even when sporting 2 ankle bracelets! I've heard this show get compared to other comedies before like The Office but I always think the show most reminds me of Newhart, a comedy from the 80's. Not sure how many have seen it but I think it is worth watching. It's one I like a lot. That show was about a small inn owner, played by Bob Newhart, and the wacky characters he puts up with in a small town. As the show went on, you got to meet more and more of the townsfolk and there would be plenty of recurring guest stars as they played these town folk from time to time. I always liked how the show did that and expanded its cast in that way and allowed for all these people to show up to provide all kinds of different jokes. I think that has been the greatest factor in Parks staying pretty funny after all this time by having these different citizens around to provide jokes that just couldn't be done by the main cast.

Still, this episode re-energized my enthusiasm for the show. I have to admit, this is the first season where I started to wonder if maybe it was all wearing thin. Up to this point, each season had been getting better and better and Season 5 seemed like a slowdown of that momentum but was still very strong and I recommend it a lot. But this season seemed to be a bit more repetitive and a lot of characters just seemed to be spinning their wheels or regressing at times. It still had some great moments and laughs but it just wasn't feeling as amazing as it used to. Hopefully with the changeup at the end of the episode, it will allow for a lot of new possibilities and reignite the crew with new comedy and character ideas and do the impossible by actually still getting funnier as the show continues.

Anyways, that's about all I wanted to mention. It's been awhile since I've just felt the need to rave about Parks so this episode definitely did it's job in entertaining this fan.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2833 on: April 26, 2014, 06:52:15 PM »
I saw Black Box on ABC on Thursday, and it has to do with a doctor who suffers from bipolar disorder. I only tuned in to see how badly mental illness would be portrayed, and how much worse the stigma behind mental illness would become.

I think it's safe to say that the show showcased the extremes of mental illness too heavily, and there was really no middle ground to speak of. Wasn't very impressed or satisfied.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: May 01, 2014, 03:10:03 AM »
Almost Human has been cancelled. Thanks Obama!

But seriously, the show had promise and a very good idea to develop but was in a difficult slot (wasn't it up against Once upon a Time?), it's on Fox that has traditionally done scifi badly (both pre and post-Fringe) and one of it's creators left half way through.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: May 01, 2014, 10:09:36 AM »
But seriously, the show had promise and a very good idea to develop but was in a difficult slot (wasn't it up against Once upon a Time?), it's on Fox that has traditionally done scifi badly (both pre and post-Fringe) and one of it's creators left half way through.

Cut out the stuff that made no real difference to your statement. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: May 01, 2014, 11:26:59 AM »
Ratings weren't that hot, and it was a WB show picked up by Fox.
Maybe FX will pick it up. They probably won't, but it could happen.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: May 01, 2014, 03:33:37 PM »
Awww I enjoyed watching Almost Human.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: May 01, 2014, 04:29:51 PM »
In other news, please say you saw this weeks Person of Interest BNM???

PLEASE?

Root's line of two gods now playing with the same deck of cards and then what they did to Finch really sets the tone of this show. Absolutely heartbreaking what happened on the bridge with Grace - his paranoia is completely and totally justified.

Also, this show is definitely one of the best written american shows in recent years. It's criminal how underrated it is.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: May 01, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »
It's sitting on my computer waiting to be watched. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

It's next up on my list as I don't think much comes on tonite.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays are kinda busy nights for TV.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: May 02, 2014, 01:08:15 PM »
Arrow

I've been watching the first season and here's a few things I've noticed.

1. Everyone apologizes to each other a lot. The show is suppose to be dramatic, sure, but this is pretty ridiculous.

2. I don't believe that any of them are actually rich. Sure the Queen's have a mansion and security and a couple nice toys, but wealthy people have pets. It may be easier to shoot scenes without animals, but it bothers me not seeing a dog or cat or horse or something running around.

3. Why is everyone on Laurels booty? It's pathetic.

4. Speaking of chicks, here's my ranking. The waitress, Shiva formerly known as McKenna, Jo the black chick who worked with Laurel at the law office, the Asian chick on the island who tried to pull an Avatar, the white girls starting with Felicity and ending with Thea. I think that's all of them.

5. The dialogue is pretty irrational. The show is entertaining for sure, but there are times when I can't help but think that it makes no sense. This also happens with the story. Something's just happen in order to move it a long and if you pause to think about it, you'll laugh at how ridiculous it is. I'd give you an example if I could remember one, but there's always quite a few instances in each episode.

6. So Arrow kills people. He's not like batman or superman. This dude kills people. So why doesn't he just murder everyone? It would save a lot of time. Plus, there are several incidences where if he would have killed someone, like ten people would still be alive. Seems justified to me.

7. And what's up with them showing Arrow working out all the time? We get it, the dude's buff. The least you could do is offset it with some chicks in panies or something.

8. Which brings me to my last point. I don't think these dudes are rich. I know I already said that, but seriously? No hoe's anywhere? If you're trying to cover up your alter ego, you are failing, Arrow. Where's the convient alibis of being in Monte Carlo for the weekend? You got some things to learn from Batman. You're lucky that everyone in starling city is a dumbass, yet you still have like 5 people who know who you are. For shame.

Anyway, nowhere near as good as POI but still fun.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:12:33 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: May 02, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »
It's get even better, but never in the same way as Person of Interest. It's on a whole different level of entertaining fun.
Season 2 is where the real fun starts though. You have to overlook quite a bit of little things, but they keep it moving so that you have no time to dwell on such things. The entertainment and comic fan fare is all there, and it's still the best and most consistent comic book hero based show I've ever seen.

and speaking of POI
I watched it yesterday. I can only imagine how crazy things are about to get once both sides are on even playing grounds. Team Finch will need to do ALOT of recruiting. I wonder if Elias.... naah, nevermind. that's a crazy thought.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: May 02, 2014, 06:57:39 PM »
I think Finch's machine is going to somehow destroy the other simply because the other will try to attack it. Finch's code let's it self upgrade and respond to attacks so maybe it's as boring as that.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: May 02, 2014, 07:57:28 PM »
Oh and I just wanted to add that Diggle is the best name ever.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: May 02, 2014, 08:41:16 PM »
I'm just gonna continue to ramble about this show.

Arrow was like "I figured it out. This is why I survived the island." And then he bails without telling anyone where he's going only to find him in the next scene neeqing (boning) Laurel. This is fantastic writing.

On a side note, Felicity is my favorite character. She's the only one, other than DIGGLE my NIGGLE, who doesn't change character.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: May 03, 2014, 09:00:09 AM »
Season 2 is much better so far. It makes fun itself for damn near everything it pulled during season 1, though there are still away to many apologies, and adds more action. Still a pretty goofy show overall but I see its charm now. Humor goes a long way.

Still, I wish Laurel would die or go away. She's as annoying as ever. If she's not yelling, she's crying. And everyone around her never puts her in her place.

Diggle my Niggle and Felicity are still the best though. Oliver is still a pansy, but I guess that's his character now.

And Black Dynamite is in this show! Glad to see him getting parts. Not really well versed with comics, so does anyone know what character he's playing? He ain't no normal nigga, he's super nigga. He's like a black ass wolverine if you will....and he can fly...under water.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 09:03:14 AM by Stogi »

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #2846 on: May 03, 2014, 09:53:57 AM »
Fargo. Oh my. That's all I can say. Wow.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: May 03, 2014, 10:22:46 AM »
Season 2 is much better so far. It makes fun itself for damn near everything it pulled during season 1, though there are still away to many apologies, and adds more action. Still a pretty goofy show overall but I see its charm now. Humor goes a long way.

Still, I wish Laurel would die or go away. She's as annoying as ever. If she's not yelling, she's crying. And everyone around her never puts her in her place.

Diggle my Niggle and Felicity are still the best though. Oliver is still a pansy, but I guess that's his character now.

And Black Dynamite is in this show! Glad to see him getting parts. Not really well versed with comics, so does anyone know what character he's playing? He ain't no normal nigga, he's super nigga. He's like a black ass wolverine if you will....and he can fly...under water.

He is playing Bronze Tiger... a downgraded version, and underutilized.

Laurel does some serious method acting during season 2. see if you can spot how.
If you search back in this thread, there are some memes I made for it somewhere.
They seem kinda mean, but they were made in good fun.

I believe the apologies stop... but the action and forward progression almost never slows down.
There will be about 8-10 episodes that would all classify as a season finale on just about any other show, and then you will realize that you are no where near the end of the season. It's great. This show paces itself like every week could be it's last. I love it. Nothing gets dragged out for too long.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: May 04, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »
Haha I love the sound effects on this show. They are so bad.

Also can detective Lance not breath through his nose? No matter what he's doing, he always panting and hyperventilating and just really having trouble breathing. Hahaha
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:42:38 PM by Stogi »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: May 06, 2014, 02:42:08 AM »
Back on the grind.

Just finished the Russian prison episode. Finally, Oliver is acting like a real person. Banging his CEO partner? Probably not the smartest move in the long run, but it does get her off your back for a while. Plus, maybe she'll try to impress you.

Speaking of women, they brought in that one chick from My Cousin Skeeter?! Hahaha can't complain. She's very nice to look at, although did anyone notice her upper lip? Either one of two things happened. 1, she has a huge upper lip. Or 2, they're trying to cover something up. I don't think it was a coincidence that her scene had dramatic shadows either.

As for the actual story. I'm still not sure what the **** is going on. As BnM said, they just keep going, and it's too fast to consider why anything is important. I will say this though, either have the Moms trail or don't. Her in prison dictating how her children feel is an annoying subplot. Get to the meat of it.

And lastly, I know they're building up to something, or at least it seems like it, but we need a more interesting villain or superhero to arrive stat. The Canary backstory was dope until it stopped being about the League. So bring in someone. Damn near anyone else will do.