Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199077 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2750 on: February 10, 2014, 08:41:22 AM »
I finished Pushing Daisies yesterday (thanks, Amazon Prime). It was okay. Wonderfalls was better.

I went back to Fringe. I'm in the middle of season three. I kind of remember where I am, something about alternate unverses and a machine that only reacts to Peter. The show started off really strong then started to drag in season two after the opener. I heard seasons four and five are awesome so I'm trying to soldier on.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: February 10, 2014, 10:53:38 AM »
True Detective 1x04 Who goes there?

DAAAAAAAAMN.

The range this series has -- from slow ass thriller to drug fueled action all in within one episode.

Damn, this is good.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: February 10, 2014, 12:31:06 PM »
Bitten:

Something Vanderhooven.... or the blonde chick that played Super girl on smallvilleAnd the alien daughter on V starts the show off completely naked complete with full side Boob shot including nip I think. Not even 2 minutes after that, she is getting naked again... And I think twice more later in the episode... seems to be a running theme in this show.
Oh, did I mention this is about werewolves? I've only watched the first episode but if that's how this show goes, I'll l check out the next 2 or 3.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: February 14, 2014, 11:50:30 AM »
House of Cards s2e1 (ch14)

Hot Diggity Damn, that was some unexpected ****.
I'm just watching, all relaxed and then DAYUM!!! WTF. Did that just happen!!?
completely unexpected. what a way to start the new season off.

and that ending shot.... damn. savage.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:59:37 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: February 15, 2014, 10:12:43 AM »
Betware the Batman S1 e1 through half of episode four.

Boy, this was poorly done. The animation looks really cheap and Gotham City is a Ghost town. Me and My Cousin joked that they had not finished rendering the people or the cars yet. Or the trees.

Wayne Manor is as conspicuous as Christ the Redeemer in Brazil.

Alfred is a cockney thug. At least he has a manlier face than baby faced pretty boy Bruce Wayne

Half the characters look like they are wearing S&M Costumes.

They screwed up Anarky

Toad and Professor Pyg were dull and stupid

Batman's face transforms into a praying mantis head when wearing the cowl.

Batman somehow doesn't have a secret entrance to the Manor when it is in security lockdown, so he crashes a motorcycle through the roof.

Poorly executed without even mentioning their use of C tier villians. Was there some sort of contract issue?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: February 15, 2014, 10:17:20 AM »
They wanted to use the lesser-known villains because they didn't want to do "just another Joker story."

Which is why their turning of Anarchy into a cheap copy of the Joker is even worse.

It really was a piss-poor series and the fact that they cancelled Green Lantern and/or Young Justice (which I'll fully admit, both series had problems, but not to the scale of BtB) just really irks me to no end.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: February 15, 2014, 09:43:00 PM »
House of Cards s2e1 (ch14)

Hot Diggity Damn, that was some unexpected ****.
I'm just watching, all relaxed and then DAYUM!!! WTF. Did that just happen!!?
completely unexpected. what a way to start the new season off.

and that ending shot.... damn. savage.

I just finished ep7

This show has me hooked all over again. I still look forward to OITNB (coming Jun 6th), but I think they have another good season on their hands.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: February 16, 2014, 04:49:48 PM »
Jeri Ryan has just landed in Helix.

It just took a serious step up in watchability with her on screen.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: February 18, 2014, 01:45:09 AM »
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I never would have guessed 5 years ago that Jimmy Fallon would ever host The Tonight Show, but he did a great job. I was sad and disappointed when it was taken away from Conan O'Brien, but to be honest it's wasn't a perfect fit. The thing that I like about Jimmy Fallon is when he has guests, he has real conversations with them, and anyone who is on seems like they are best friends. That might change with the type of guests that he'll probably be getting but we'll see. Glad to see The Roots are still The Roots (and not "The Tonight Show Band."
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: February 18, 2014, 03:28:23 AM »
Now that Jay Leno's gone I may actually watch it sometime. I never forgave him for what he did to Conan.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: February 22, 2014, 08:39:47 AM »
House of Cards Season 2

Its house of card but without jumping the shark half way like it did the first season.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: February 22, 2014, 09:43:07 AM »
Can I let you guys in on my terrible secret?

I've become obsessed with a reality show.  To make matter worse, it's a cooking show.

My wife, who is insane, watches tons of Food Network crap.  I don't understand cooking all day, then coming home and watching cooking shows, but whatever.

Anywhoo, there's a show called "Cutthroat Kitchen".  It's amazing.  Basically, during the competition, the host auctions off sabotages that the chefs can use against the other chefs.  Things from having your chicken replaced with a whole canned chicken (ugh), to having all your knives replaced with an utility knife.  Then, there's the insane stuff, like having a potato masher duct-taped to your hand.  Or having to find your eggs, butter and flour for baking a birthday cake inside a bunch of other presents (while your competitor is making their cake and the clock is ticking!).

After it's all over, the judge comes down to judge their dishes... and the judge knows nothing about the crazy stuff they've gone through to make their dishes.

You should watch it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: February 22, 2014, 12:17:21 PM »
Watched the last episode of Shield, was pretty boring even if it did have some cool moments. The worst part was this was the type of episode that hinged on the last 15 minutes and that was spoiled a week early when Marvel let it slip that dethlok was coming.

Started house of cards and I'm nearly done with the first season. Pretty great shoe thus far.

Watched the first two seasons of being human and man it seems like Josh is the only likable character.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: February 22, 2014, 12:48:36 PM »
I've tried watching True Detective ep1 about 3 times now....

either I have ADD and don't get what the **** they are talking about*, or this show is extremely boring with their monotone talk throughout the episode that causes me to constantly let my mind wander while I stare at the screen.

I keep hearing how awesome this show is, but I can't get into it.
and I even tried to watch episode 2, but the monotone was so monotone, that I eventually forgot I was watching it when I got up to do something real quick and didn't come back for 15 minutes... forgot to pause.

Can someone please just give me the Episode 1 summary of what's going on in this show (who they are, what/who they are investigating) so that I know I haven't missed something. If you must spoil part of ep2 to do that effectively, then do so. Nothing to lose at this point if I never get into the show.

*I kinda understand what's going on, but it's all guess work. I feel lost and therefore losing interest in continuing. help. It doesn't help that I've only tried to watch it later in the night, not exactly late night, but for some reason the monotone nature of the show makes my mind wander... or attention to focus on something else.

ps. Why does Woody look younger in the present interview than he does in the flashback investigation?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:19:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: February 24, 2014, 04:28:05 AM »
True Detective 1x06:
Not much happens with actual investigation, it's mostly family drama stuff.

But the amazing performance from all sides sell it even if this particular episode does feel a bit redundant because basically all events in this episode we can already infer or expect from previous episodes.

1x04 was amazing because of THAT scene (eat your heart out, Cuaron). 1x05 was great because it great time jump scene with tiara (eat your heart out, Malick).

06 doesn't have anything like that, but a few scenes are really great, like Marty eating his pasta like a boss.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: February 27, 2014, 01:24:16 AM »
Arrow is back and this episode was in point

So many moments were had, lots of them very awkward, all of them great.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: March 06, 2014, 07:37:25 AM »
Person of Interest just came back from the olympics-induced hiatus with another fantastic episode that did a lot of backstory for everyone.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: March 06, 2014, 12:29:16 PM »
Person of Interest just came back from the olympics-induced hiatus with another fantastic episode that did a lot of backstory for everyone.

This show is consistently awesome. The depth and complexity of the characters and the world they portray here is fascinating, and the action is always top notch.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: March 07, 2014, 03:01:35 AM »

This show is consistently awesome. The depth and complexity of the characters and the world they portray here is fascinating, and the action is always top notch.

Agreed. When you think about it, POI has completely nailed both flashbacks and "flash sideways" (that Lost stumbled on) via the machine reviewing old footage and the relevant numbers .

At first i thought the machine would become a crutch to the show but its fast become the central character.

To anyone who hasn't watched it, or is undecided to then i recommend to give it a try. The first 10 episodes is almost entirely laying the ground rules for how this will work. Then it expands outward into the brilliance it is today.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:28:14 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: March 07, 2014, 09:13:04 AM »
I want to watch Person of Interest but without jumping hoops I like to start from the beginning and I'm cheap.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: March 07, 2014, 11:25:22 AM »
The cheapest way is too visit the bay.

Unfortunately it isn't streaming on Netflix.
It could be on Hulu, but you would still have commercials.
And it's not streaming for free under Amazon Prime.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: March 07, 2014, 11:46:06 AM »

It's on CBS's site and I think its on Hulu Plus if memory serves.  Can't go back to even the beginning of this season if I'm remember right.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: March 08, 2014, 01:54:33 AM »
OMG @ Hannibal tonite....

The opening scene was disgusting brutal. I love that NBC has become what it has become, otherwise this show may have never been. They are pushing limits for explicits when it comes to violence, nudity and things of a graphic & disturbing nature on just this show alone, and that's just the dressing to what is a FANTASTIC psychological thriller, with emphasis on the PSYCHO portion of it.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: March 08, 2014, 05:39:43 PM »

It's on CBS's site and I think its on Hulu Plus if memory serves.  Can't go back to even the beginning of this season if I'm remember right.

The online streaming at CBS and Hulu plus only started a few months ago, I think.  For some reason, for the longest time Warner Brothers didn't license the show for streaming (even via CBS's site) or purchase online, which is kind of backwards when you consider the show's premise.    We cut cable before season 2 ended, and it was frustrating to discover that I couldn't easily legally watch the episodes after they aired.   

That being said, it's my favorite current show right now. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:42:52 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2774 on: March 09, 2014, 09:38:54 PM »
Last episode of True Detective tonight makes me sad. It's such a good show, I wish it wouldn't end.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.