Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199302 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2650 on: October 31, 2013, 11:49:56 AM »
Supernatural fell off a cliff when they killed Satan.

There is simply no topping that.

Still want to check out remaining episodes.

To be fair the show was only written for 5 seasons and should have ended with the beating of Satan.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: October 31, 2013, 12:08:17 PM »
AV Club seem to both hate Hostages and The Blacklist (the former getting the first F since the Dexter series finale), so i'm having a little look at both to see if its as bad as they say.

The Blacklist is an OK, show. it has it's problems, but is kinda entertaining. Nothing I would recommend at this point, but maybe it will get there... but probably not.

I've never seen (or heard of) The Hostage, so no comment there.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: November 02, 2013, 11:36:06 AM »
Legend of Korra 2x09 The Guide

Cool off after monumental two parter before that and preparation for next two-parters. Pieces are setting up into the positions.

People are mad about Masami, i personally don't care about shipping much. As long as it's not taking too much time (like it happened in first season).
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: November 03, 2013, 10:16:42 AM »
Okay - so, I just finished Season 1 of Arrow.

Working through Season 2 on CW's website and the show is getting added to my DVR.

That means it gets my seal of approval. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: November 03, 2013, 04:22:30 PM »
Person of Interest - GOTDAMN SON!!!

"Gross" - LMFAO

Shaw and Det. Carter - Beautiful and deadly. Watch The F*** OUT!!
These women do not play.
Shaw I was aware of, but Carter just stepped her game up to level 11. She just crossed a line she can't come back from, but she had to play her hand. And play it well she did.

This show is like, What If!?
What if there were 2 Batmans, 1 Robin and an Oracle. They were licensed to kill and willing to do it.
They have an unlimited bank account and access to all the info they will need. No costumes. No Toys. And they always play for keeps.

Carter is totally badass, the final 10 minutes or so was incredible. Another brilliantly written episode. Root at the end, my jaw was in the floor

1- The look of terror in Laskey's face, at the end, was amazing. He knows he was just put totally in his place.
2 - Shaw being beaten by a 10 year old.
3 - Semeen hearing about the death of her father, then immediately replying "I'm hungry. Can i have a sandwich?". Such a devastating line.
That awkward hug at the end was great

and Root will be playing the role of The Joker in this adaptation of The Goddam Batman.

which is all relevant with the Batman reference Shaw made just before that awkward hug.
"ward of a billionaire recluse"

to refine the characters on this show

Finch = The Billionaire Bruce Wayne & The Oracle
Reese = The Goddamn Batman
Shaw = Nightwing? Katana? (Cassandra Cain)
Carter = The Street Level Robin
Fusco = ....Gordon?
Root = The Joker

Apparently Carter isn't Robin afterall, but actually Cat Woman instead! 0_0

http://instagram.com/tarajiphenson

meoooow!!!

and I think Shaw is actually a crossover character. The Punisher

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: November 06, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »
mmmm nice.

Agent's of shield finally started to hit its stride. The first half of the episode was a bit meh with the standout scenes being Coulson talking to the firefighter and the use of the Chitauri helmet as a plot point. The cast is really starting to gel together and the focus on fitzsimmons was the highlight of the episode.

I wish the series would start to intoduce more places like the Raft, but having cinematic universe orginal things like the sandbox are good too.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: November 06, 2013, 06:10:46 PM »
Okay - so, I just finished Season 1 of Arrow.

Working through Season 2 on CW's website and the show is getting added to my DVR.

That means it gets my seal of approval. :D

Glad to hear the recommendation worked out.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: November 07, 2013, 09:20:54 AM »
Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23
It started off really strong. The first seven or right episodes were very funny and then it was up and down after that. I didn't dislike any episode. The show was cancelled after 26 episode which wasn't surprising because it was obvious that it wasn't a show that could sustain itself with its premise for much longer. Much of the humor is derived from just how irreverent Chloe (played by Krysten Ritter or Jane from Breaking Bad) is towards everything and everyone and the reactions from others (Jane's facial expressions are often priceless). Then, they gave her a quasi-love interest. Nope, doesn't work. Anything that might soften a character whose bitchiness is so essential to the show ultimately must be left out or it risks betraying what makes the show so appealing.

Krysten Ritter was often excellent though she played Jane so well in Breaking Bad that it was hard at first to see past that. Dreama Walker, the real protagonist, June, played the perfect foil though she was far less interesting. James Van Deer Beek was good, but Neil Patrick Harris played the whole fictionalized degenerate version of himself better and before Van Der Beek. Maybe that's not a fair comparison, but it's there nonetheless. Liza Lapira was hilarious despite being MIA for most of the second season.

Ultimately, I enjoyed it for what it was, but I'm not upset that there are no more episodes. I think it could have gone one more season before feeling like it was retreading ground (it got close a few times). There was no room for the characters to grow otherwise, it becomes a different kind of show.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: November 07, 2013, 09:53:26 AM »
This last episode of AoS I sort of wish they would have shown what the bracelet did and how it limit Skye some.  Don't think it was a bad episode.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: November 07, 2013, 10:14:08 AM »
This last episode of AoS I sort of wish they would have shown what the bracelet did and how it limit Skye some.  Don't think it was a bad episode.

It Tracks every move and probably has some crazy shield tech that allows shield to see all the technology skye interacts with.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: November 07, 2013, 11:42:30 AM »

It Tracks every move and probably has some crazy shield tech that allows shield to see all the technology skye interacts with.

She did state how it limited her, but they didn't go into any specifics.
Did they state what would happen if she tried to remove it?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: November 07, 2013, 12:43:09 PM »

She did state how it limited her, but they didn't go into any specifics.
Did they state what would happen if she tried to remove it?
I don't think they did.  Episode before they said what it does and its nice that she makes a nod to it but, I would have liked to see what happens if she tries.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: November 13, 2013, 12:55:11 AM »
Person of Interest

GODDAMIT SON!!  Part 1 of 3...
Carter is running game on these fools. **** has hit the fan on this show, can't wait till next week.

Brooklyn Nine Nine

Another funny episode with quite a few quotable lines.
Quote from: 70's flashback
"I'm Raymond Holt"
 "...Are you here to turn yourself in?"
you will have to watch for context, but it was hilarious.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I like that this show is steadily improving with every episode, but I still wish they could speed things up a little.
This episode got the most laughs out of me of any episode so far, and maybe it was just because Brooklyn Nine Nine warmed me up and left me in a good and laughable mood, but this was a probably the best episode yet.
Only issue I can see is that from what I've heard is that Agent Hand is supposed to be a real by the book hard ass, and she looked almost broken up about what happened towards the end. I expected her to be more... mean about it all.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:01:43 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: November 13, 2013, 05:59:18 AM »
Person of Interest

Carter is running game on these fools. **** has hit the fan on this show, can't wait till next week.

Agreed. This episode just ramped things up to 11.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: November 13, 2013, 09:07:57 AM »
Person of Interest

Brooklyn Nine Nine

Another funny episode with quite a few quotable lines.
Quote from: 70's flashback
"I'm Raymond Holt"
 "...Are you here to turn yourself in?"
you will have to watch for context, but it was hilarious.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I like that this show is steadily improving with every episode, but I still wish they could speed things up a little.
This episode got the most laughs out of me of any episode so far, and maybe it was just because Brooklyn Nine Nine warmed me up and left me in a good and laughable mood, but this was a probably the best episode yet.
Only issue I can see is that from what I've heard is that Agent Hand is supposed to be a real by the book hard ass, and she looked almost broken up about what happened towards the end. I expected her to be more... mean about it all.

Things change from the comics to the MCU. In the comics Maria Hill is giant bitch who has a major disdain for the avengers. The whole thing is that Hand's still human but she's more by the books than most in shield. Take in the comics she would e the first to admit that having Norman Osborn take over shield is a hella bad idea but he was actually getting results, so she was there to keep his Goblin Persona and the Dark Avengers in check. 

A better example would Hand wouldn't have delayed the nuclear bomb to let the avenger's try and win the day. She would have closed the portal and killed half of New York for the greater good.

All of the shield stuff so far with the different level's and overall shadiness will defentilty come to a head next year once Cap comes out. Now that's the fallout episode I want as it will have direct implications for shield.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: November 13, 2013, 11:21:02 AM »
All of the shield stuff so far with the different level's and overall shadiness will defentilty come to a head next year once Cap comes out. Now that's the fallout episode I want as it will have direct implications for shield.

And I am damn near sure that will be the season finale tie-in episode for AoS.

Person of Interest

Agreed. This episode just ramped things up to 11.

They better not kill off Carter before this arc is all wrapped up.
It's being alluded to with fleshing out the back story, guardianship "just in case", main objective (HR) being executed and putting the murdered friend at rest with the killer in custody. tying up all those story threads, I would be sad to see that be the end...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:51:28 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: November 14, 2013, 10:09:29 AM »
They better not kill off Carter before this arc is all wrapped up.
It's being alluded to with fleshing out the back story, guardianship "just in case", main objective (HR) being executed and putting the murdered friend at rest with the killer in custody. tying up all those story threads, I would be sad to see that be the end...

Carter has evolved from a very basic like character with a single focus (catching Reese) to an almost militant level of badassery. She even bonds with Shaw now.

I really hope Fusco doesn't die, because he has been so underused this season and the show needs him to really balance things out.

Question: have you noticed with Shaw how its hinted that she's a lesbian, or at the very least likes the idea of violence and that strange relationship she has with Root?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: November 14, 2013, 10:27:23 AM »
Watch the newest AoS episode.  She could have just given him the responsibility instead of manipulation.  The end thing was interesting for the arching plot.  This episode was very much about the compartmentalization of Shield.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: November 16, 2013, 09:36:47 AM »
Nick put the last four episodes of Korra It was pretty crazy and a pretty interesting twist on the new Mythos, with that said I wish the series didn't have a dues ex machine but I guess those can't be helped.  Also was happy to see Eska/Bolin get together but at the same time hated how the writers shitted all over Asami.

re:AOS

This all set up for the new captain America film. Sheild's about to go through a Major Overhaul. At this point I think its more likely that Shield creates Ultron instead of Stark or Pym.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: November 17, 2013, 03:10:13 AM »
Nick put the last four episodes of Korra It was pretty crazy and a pretty interesting twist on the new Mythos, with that said I wish the series didn't have a dues ex machine but I guess those can't be helped.
Finale was great, but Beginnings were still stronger. S2 finale was probably on the same level as Korra's S1 finale, while Beginnings were full blown ATLA level of epicness.

It's too bad that bad animation studio were the ones to do last episodes instead of guys who did Beginnings. So bad.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: November 17, 2013, 04:57:07 AM »
What are you talking about Azeke? The "bad animation studio" didn't do the finale. The last episode they did was Episode 9. Mir (the good animation studio) did Season 1, Beginnings, and 10-14. They also plan on doing Season 3 and 4 also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Legend_of_Korra_episodes
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:59:02 AM by Oblivion »

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: November 17, 2013, 07:21:29 AM »
Then they lowered their bar considerably, because that was just as bad.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: November 17, 2013, 01:36:37 PM »
I disagree and according to a lot of comments on Twitter, Tumblr, my persona facebook, and what little I can access of ASN, they disagree with you.

I thought the animation was very, very, very beautiful and fluid. Are you sure it isn't because it just looked...weird... compared to previous episodes due to what happened? If you know what I mean. I'm trying not to spoil.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: November 17, 2013, 06:52:01 PM »
Saw the ending coming so I wasn't surprised, but it wasn't as epic as I'd hope (even though it was epic in nature...you know what I mean.)

Anyway, there wasn't enough suspense for the conclusion. In ATLA, there was a mini-arc dedicated to Aang first being scared of the Fire Lord, then not wanting to kill him. In comparison, the answer to Korra's problem was trite; another thing being pulled out of the Avatar universe to fit their needs but this time there was no conflict, no time given to full appreciate how the answer was figured out. It's really too bad when the origin story was so fulfilling in that way.

Story aside, the animation was incredible. Makes me wish M. Night Shylamamananan wasn't such a piece of **** all over again. I would LOVE to see this stuff live action.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: November 18, 2013, 07:53:17 AM »
Almost Human - The budget is huge, it's started off with a deliberately generic style (almost exactly like Person of Interest), and Michael Ealy (Dorian) stole the show from Karl Urban.