Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1198930 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2525 on: September 30, 2013, 08:23:00 AM »
Jessie decides to take care of Brock, but doesn't have the financial means to do so.  So, he decides to start cooking again, but needs a partner - so, he hit's up the only one he can think of... Walt Jr.

Breaking Bad II: The Next Generation.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: September 30, 2013, 08:50:10 AM »
No Cable for me so o breaking Bad Finale. Finished up the first season of once upon a time yesterday and it was decent. Best characters of the show was Mr.Gold/Rumplistkin. The show takes a lot of ques from Lost with the non linear story telling for each character that eventually comes together. My biggest problem with the show was the absolute waste of Maleficent which I usually consider Disney's best villain not named Scar, bullet that killed Bambi's mother, or Skip Bayless. The actress didn't have that Flair that the cartoon version had and her story beats were pretty wasted unless we see more in season 2.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: September 30, 2013, 09:30:41 AM »
You have internet, so no excuses on the Breaking Bad finale. figure it out.

And if Malificent is who I think she is on the show, the you will see more of her in season 2.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: September 30, 2013, 10:19:57 AM »
No Cable for me so o breaking Bad Finale. Finished up the first season of once upon a time yesterday and it was decent. Best characters of the show was Mr.Gold/Rumplistkin. The show takes a lot of ques from Lost with the non linear story telling for each character that eventually comes together. My biggest problem with the show was the absolute waste of Maleficent which I usually consider Disney's best villain not named Scar, bullet that killed Bambi's mother, or Skip Bayless. The actress didn't have that Flair that the cartoon version had and her story beats were pretty wasted unless we see more in season 2.

Almost the entire show is on Netflix.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: September 30, 2013, 10:50:26 AM »
Farewell to Breaking Bad

edit:

How funny would it have been if after Jessie had sped away ecstatic that he had his freedom back, got road blocked by the police and then arrested and thrown into the back of a police car? Going form one cage to another. Nothing but tragedy for that guy.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:55:46 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: September 30, 2013, 08:22:38 PM »
I was really expecting him to drive off the road.

I guess they had to tie it in to Need For Speed somehow. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: September 30, 2013, 08:25:14 PM »
I loved Breaking Bad, but it all felt like it ended too neatly.
I also think The Shield still holds the title for the most satisfying (and fucked up) final season.

I still give the series a 10/10 with all the highest recommendations though.
Virtual tie for favorite series ever.

I need to second this notion.  It didn't detract enough from the series finale to bother me, but for a show that has always hinged so heavily on creating suspense from the most well-laid plans going wrong, Walt's strategy paid off incredibly well without nearly a hitch.  It was satisfying to watch, but it detracted from any feeling of suspense the last act could have had.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: September 30, 2013, 08:29:10 PM »
I have to disagree - I'm glad it wrapped up.  The only remaining question is what happens to Jessie.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: October 01, 2013, 01:04:27 AM »
I was really expecting him to drive off the road.

I guess they had to tie it in to Need For Speed somehow. ;)

Is he in a Need for Speed movie or something? because that's not the first time I've seen that said today? I was not aware of a NFS movie.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: October 01, 2013, 01:18:31 AM »
Dude, they showed the trailer during the episode! :D
http://youtu.be/fsrJWUVoXeM

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: October 01, 2013, 01:25:19 AM »
I didn't watch it on cable.

I never watch anything on cable. ;)

I hate commercials just as much as I hate ads.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: October 01, 2013, 01:31:51 AM »
Oh, typically, I watch stuff on the DVR and zip though the ads.

But not this show.  Not this episode. :D

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: October 02, 2013, 12:17:04 AM »
Marvel's AoS e2

I'm diggin the show. It's fun and doesn't take itself too seriously.
Not to mention Nick Fury made an appearance at the very end. and it was quite humorous.
I do have an issue with the resolution for the hole in the plane.... using the inflatable raft, as if that was going to seal a hole even 1/4 the size. But I'm in for the whole season at this point. I enjoyed the second ep much more than the 1st, so I hope it continues to get better as they go along.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: October 02, 2013, 12:21:56 AM »
Glad to hear the second episode was so much better.  Looking forward to watching it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: October 02, 2013, 12:30:45 AM »
Agent Coulson does need to wipe that damn grin off his face that he wears 98% of his scenes.
It's almost creepy, like we aren't in on some joke that everyone else is apart of and also unaware of.

He wore that smirk up until Fury ripped his ass a new one.

edit: also here is the preview for next week. Looks like there is some Super Villianery going on here.

Graviton

edit2:
and with the end of the 2nd ep, and a clip from the preview of the 3rd. Here is a potential spoiler.

Spoiler (dropped on twitter - will find link later): The Character of Skye is an existing Marvel Character.

Speculation (from around the web): Since there weapon they found was based on Hydra technology, it is being speculated that they are still in play. Since we know that Skye is a double agent and is actually not the sole member of Rising Tide, it is speculated that she is infact working with Hydra. Now knowing that she is not who she says she is, possibly working for Hydra, has "a few tricks up her sleeve" and is an existing Marvel character, some are led to believe that she is actually Jessica Drew aka Spider Woman, as her origin is very very similar.

also I wouldn't be surprised if that artifact that was launched into space someone how was an Easter Egg in GotG.

edit3:
for those just tuning in, the show is campy, light, fun and anything else you can use to describe it in that manner.
Coulson can't wipe that ****-eating grin off his face all episode and everything seems to have a funny little quip to be made about it. So far this show is not a dark comic fantasy come to the small screen, it is intended for family fun and I think it delivers on just that (minus a few head crunching fight moments - ouch). This show will likely be my guilty Tuesday pleasure and I'm ok with that.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:56:17 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: October 02, 2013, 07:39:23 AM »
Person of Interest - It's introduced ANOTHER recurring antagonist group to the series. This is the fifth or sixth one so far.

I'm glad that the show has so many stories to run with.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: October 03, 2013, 12:06:48 AM »
GameCenter CX -- the best, the only videogame tv show you need in your life:

10 kachos out of ten.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: October 03, 2013, 10:56:44 AM »
I got to 2nd ep of AoS.  I agree w/ BnM. 

I think they know what they want to do w/ the other characters but Agent Coulson right now comes off as the Zordon of Shield w/ a boss.  I be in a way surprised if he actually survives the season.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: October 03, 2013, 10:57:52 AM »
Jessie decides to take care of Brock, but doesn't have the financial means to do so.  So, he decides to start cooking again, but needs a partner - so, he hit's up the only one he can think of...
Alright.  Now think Pokemon.  Replace he with She.  Re-Read.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: October 05, 2013, 03:39:48 AM »
Duck Dynasty.

Took less than 5 minutes for me to feel like finding the nearest American to punch in the face for inflicting this on humanity. An insult to actual red necks and anti-American propaganda.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: October 05, 2013, 07:28:11 AM »
Legend of Korra 2x05

Yet another disappointing episode. The only highlights were Bruce Lee and Jacki Chan references. And i have officially lost any idea what the heck Tenzin is doing.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: October 05, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »
Wait, what were the Lee and Chan references?

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: October 06, 2013, 11:22:17 PM »
One of the cops had a book with Bruce Lee on a cover.

And during the same conversation he namedroped "SuperCop" (i.e. the most mindblowing action movie you will ever see).

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2548 on: October 07, 2013, 07:19:50 PM »
Another great episode of The Legend of Korra. Starting to doubt my theory that Unaloq is a good guy...
Legend of korra?
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: October 07, 2013, 10:04:03 PM »
Another great episode of The Legend of Korra. Starting to doubt my theory that Unaloq is a good guy...
Legend of korra?
oh for goodness sake http://bit.ly/H2lTSr