Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199249 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2500 on: September 23, 2013, 10:42:48 PM »
A troll ending would be hilarious. I really like the show, but I haven't invested as much in it as most people. I watched most of it in a matter of weeks a few months ago thanks to Netflix. If the writers were to go the "It was all a dream" route, I'd expect it to be Malcolm in the Middle related.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: September 23, 2013, 11:45:09 PM »
Here is a speculated ending that I saw earlier.

He is going to kill Jack and his crew, give all his money to his family (if they want it or not), fake his own death, remarry a controlling wife named Lois, and have 5 boys.... Francis, Reese, Malcolm, Duey and Jamie.

But I think it would also be kinds funny if let's say Walt gets shot at, but just as the bullet is traveling toward him in slow motion, his entire life starts to flash before his eyes. all the way up to the moment where he wakes up in the hospital and realizes that it was all a dream. Heisenberg was a figment of his imagination, Gus and all of that never happened. His cancer was in remission and his family was happy. He gets up has breakfast with his family and then drives to work... in his Chrystler 300. He's flipping stations and flips past a channel that play Biggie Smalls "It was all a dream..." and then parks right infront of a building where his name is on the reserved sign "Founder & CEO". He looks up to the top of the building and in large lettering there is a sign that reads "Grey Matter"
that's when he snaps out of it. you see the bullet hit him in between the eyes and the screen goes black.
[/scene]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:48:02 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2502 on: September 24, 2013, 12:09:21 AM »
I'm not too happy about Dexter's finale either. It seems like it was rushed.

I'd argue the series went downhill after Season 3 (Trinity).
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: September 24, 2013, 12:30:34 AM »
I thought Trinity was s4
and s3 was Jimmy Smits

either way, post Trinity is where Dexter should have gone off the rails.
That was really where the show took a major downward slide.
Everything after Trinity should have happened differently.

edit:
Is no one else pissed off at investing the time to see this series through even though it's been increasingly horrible for the past 4 seasons, only to have the writers break shatter the suspension of disbelief and dance on it's fragmented pieces. I'm sure the majority of us stuck around in hopes that it would go somewhere, and that there would be resolution for the characters. I hope they make the rumored spin-off so that we may all collectively ignore it. s8 was such a huge let-down that I'm just gonna forget that it happened and try to never speak of it again.

Showtime failed it's audience on this one. If you haven't seen it yet, just do yourself a favor and don't.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:38:07 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: September 24, 2013, 03:18:37 AM »
I only watched S1 and bowed out there. I saw everything i needed to see with Dexter there, and didn't really feel a desire to go back. Same with Misfits.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: September 24, 2013, 05:13:26 AM »
What if he wakes up and it's all been one long chemo-induced coma? :D

black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: September 24, 2013, 10:43:02 AM »
I only watched S1 and bowed out there. I saw everything i needed to see with Dexter there, and didn't really feel a desire to go back. Same with Misfits.

Three of the first four seasons are pretty good. 1, 2 & especially 4. Season 3 was good, but everything post s4 was questionable. Season 8 was so bad that seasons 5-7 shouldn't have even happened, just erase it all.

As far as Misfits is concerned the first 2 seasons were good.... basically any episode with Robert Sheehan in it, once he left the show was ****. Once they swapped powers it was already down hill from there, so he exited at a good time.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:48:08 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: September 24, 2013, 10:23:23 PM »
What if he wakes up and it's all been one long chemo-induced coma? :D

...At least it wasn't a breakfast joke.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: September 25, 2013, 01:43:51 AM »
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

quick review - not setting the TV world on fire but was more than a decent pilot.
I'm sure rating will track really high and some will not be interested, but I think it accomplished what it set out to do, and that is be an interesting family show that picks up right off to the side of where the movies left off.

Some of the jokes fell flat, but some of them I laughed at, and even though this wasn't everything I was HYPED up for it to be, I will be watching week to week because I'm not reallly sure what I expected for a primetime ABC show.

bottomline. I'm in though the first season as long as it remains at the very least as entertaining as this episode.

a few spoilers:
- It appears that Agent Coulson is possibly a Life Model Decoy and likely did die in the Avengers.
- The show ties in with events from Iron Man 3 (Extremis) and not just The Avengers and all the movies that came before that.

Bonus:

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: September 25, 2013, 06:32:54 AM »
Person of Interest: the most confident return to a new season i've seen in a while.

Root was absolutely on fire at the end. She knows that being in the mental hospital is just an inconvenience. The Machine has labelled her as a "analog interface" changing her to a black & yellow box in the process.... it's the little details that makes this show as good as it is.

I wished more people was into it (despite it being extremely popular).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: September 25, 2013, 10:18:15 AM »
I've watched every episode, but I never picked up on most of the little intricacies like the color of her box or its meaning.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: September 25, 2013, 10:59:46 AM »
Those boxes determine what the machine identifies the subject as:

Yellow: Know of the existence of the machine.
White: Under investigation.
Red: Possible threat to the machine.
Red/White: Threat to others.
Blue: Government agents.

Soon as Root says whether she's going to kill the psychiatrist the machine calculated his chance of death as being 76%. The details are in what the machine sees - that's where it notes right in the opening credits, where Root is shown that she is an Analog Interface.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:01:23 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: September 25, 2013, 11:07:19 AM »
My overlooking of those detail are probably due to the fact that I surf the internet while watching TV most if the time so I will miss little details here and there.

Thanks for explaining though, now I'll now what to look for when those details pop up next time.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: September 29, 2013, 06:41:42 AM »
Agents of Shield - it took all of three minutes before it evolved into a "TV-friendly Fringe in the Marvel Universe".

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: September 29, 2013, 08:41:47 AM »
Legend of Korra: Civil War part II
Even i now have to admit that this is pretty inedaquate.
Part I had plot A with water tribe civil war and plot B with stupid fifty year olds bickering about the stuff long gone.
This time both halfs were pretty retarded. Plot A had the most obvious villain revelaiton and the most stupid investigation i've seen in while. Plot B had the most heavyhanded message for underschoolers that you shouldn't fight with your sibling. Felt like something even Nick jr would have rejected.

Beware the Batman: Control
Second very strong episode (first one would be the one with Magpie). I could be an easy target but i just enjoyed all that cheezy «awkward nerd romancing kungfu chick» with Jason.
Villain was pretty decent and creepy too, i guess .

Beware the Batman: Sacrifice
Aand we're back to 'Meh'.  That Anarky person isn't interesting at all. Nor is lady Shiva.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: September 29, 2013, 11:51:47 AM »
Agree with you on Anarchy.  As I said before, they've totally turned him into Joker Lite.  I can't imagine a story where Anarchy would want to release a deadly toxin on people.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: September 29, 2013, 01:13:47 PM »
Legend of Korra: Civil War part II
Even i now have to admit that this is pretty inedaquate.
Part I had plot A with water tribe civil war and plot B with stupid fifty year olds bickering about the stuff long gone.
This time both halfs were pretty retarded. Plot A had the most obvious villain revelaiton and the most stupid investigation i've seen in while. Plot B had the most heavyhanded message for underschoolers that you shouldn't fight with your sibling. Felt like something even Nick jr would have rejected.

And here I was thinking this was the best episode so far. :(

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: September 29, 2013, 08:59:43 PM »
Can I just say, I think this is one of my favorite exchanges of the entire series:

"I would like to speak to the agent in charge of the Walter White investigation."
"May I ask who's calling?"
"Walter White."

Just perfect. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: September 29, 2013, 09:07:21 PM »
I giggled when he pulled out the Marty Robbins tape. :D

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: September 29, 2013, 10:13:46 PM »
Breaking Bad: Neon/10

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2520 on: September 29, 2013, 10:22:29 PM »
Goddamn.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: September 29, 2013, 10:23:54 PM »
Yup.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: September 29, 2013, 10:26:05 PM »
Djesse Unchained
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:42:29 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: September 30, 2013, 01:10:48 AM »
I loved Breaking Bad, but it all felt like it ended too neatly.
I also think The Shield still holds the title for the most satisfying (and fucked up) final season.

I still give the series a 10/10 with all the highest recommendations though.
Virtual tie for favorite series ever.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: September 30, 2013, 02:00:21 AM »
It definitely ended very neatly. Normally, I would dock a show points for that, but it was fitting. Walter White really is that smart so I wasn't taken out of the show when he literally thought of everything.

Anyway, as expected, the finale played out like an epilogue. They tied up every loose end that mattered. No, they never explained exactly why Walt sold his shares in Grey Matter. It doesn't really matter; what mattered was that he felt slighted and that was the start of everything. And Brock is going into foster care. They didn't need to show that happening. Sucks for him, but for Walt's narrative, it's fine to skip things like that. They hit all the important notes and that was all I really hoped for.

The scene between Walt and Skyler was absolutely perfect. I wasn't expecting Walt to be standing there when Skyler was talking to Marie. "I did it for me." That was one of the best character moments in the show and fitting for Walt's character arc. That admission doesn't magically fix everything between Walt and Skyler or make Walt's sins okay, but it was important for each of them. To finally admit that he wasn't really doing all that for his family (him first, them second) was really important for the finale. I wasn't sure they were going hit that note, but they did and the ending is better for it.

Meth Damon got what he deserved and that was awesome. Walt killing Jack before Jack could bargain with Walt's money was also awesome. Walt didn't care about the rest of the money. He killed Jack out of principle. I wish there was a little more between Walt and Jesse. Jesse choosing not to shoot Walt was an important character moment, but I wanted a little more. I suppose there couldn't be more than the simple nod Walt gave Jesse considering all that Walt did to Jesse (thought I did think for a second there that Jesse was going to back the car into Walt). It wasn't like they were going to hug it out and cry on each other's shoulders. Walt did tackle Jesse specifically to protect him from the machine gun fire (notably after realizing Jesse was a meth-cooking slave) when Walt easily could have let Jesse get shot the **** up which I took to mean that Walt did actually care about Jesse and he felt some remorse for what he did and saving Jesse was his way of trying to make up for it. Again, it doesn't make everything okay, but it fits into the theme of atonement that the entire episode had for the people close to Walt.

Typically, I'm pretty disappointed in endings of TV shows. I watch most shows on Netflix now so Breaking Bad was the first finale I've seen on the night the finale aired since Lost which was pretty weak. Breaking Bad's finale was particularly strong. I don't really have any negatives to say about it.

EDIT: I spelled "breaking" wrong at one point and I couldn't let that go.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:17:07 AM by Adrock »