Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199251 times)

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2225 on: February 19, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »
Oh sorry Ceric, I missed your post entirely!
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: February 21, 2013, 08:37:30 PM »
The Following -- 9/10

Kevin Bacon's first TV role; he plays a burned-out detective investigating a serial killer who recruits people to do his dirty work. The killer is obsessed with Edgar Allan Poe, and sees his killings as a somewhat "literal metaphor" that describes Poe's literary works. It's pretty much the equivalent of a cult.

Terrific acting, and the show is actually quite gruesome for broadcast TV (Fox). I'm surprised it's rated TV-14 (which is the equivalent of the film industry's PG-13).
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2227 on: February 21, 2013, 08:44:18 PM »
The Following -- 9/10

Kevin Bacon's first TV role

Except for the year he spent on the soap opera Guiding Light, and the 5 TV shows he guest starred on, and the 4 TV movies he was in.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: February 21, 2013, 08:47:42 PM »
The Following -- 9/10

Except for the year he spent on the soap opera Guiding Light, and the 5 TV shows he guest starred on, and the 4 TV movies he was in.

Yeah...you know...apart from that.
Gouge away.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: February 21, 2013, 08:59:49 PM »
The Following -- 9/10

I mean this is his first lead role on TV. Soap operas don't count because... soap operas.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2230 on: February 21, 2013, 09:02:16 PM »
Even if you don't like soap operas (though they do count), he was the star in at least one of the TV movies (which means he had the lead role).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: February 22, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »
Person of Interest - this show is all kinds of amazing now. When it focusses on its universe and its characters (like last night - introducing a new recurring character who is also tied to Root and the machine on the other side of Reese/Finch).

The show is thick, complex, not tainted by JJ-styled writing of MYSTERIES BUT WE WON'T TELL YOU YET!, and yet captures insane ratings numbers (three times what Community gets, and EIGHT times what Fringe did) by simply looking like a bog standard police procedural on the surface. Highly recommended.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: February 22, 2013, 12:09:13 PM »
I'm also a fan of Person of Interest.  I know people around here seem to be generally down on CBS shows, but this one is really worth checking out.   The show really hit it's stride around the middle of the first season, when they introduced Elias in the first season. 

I was already a fan of of Jim Caviezel and Michael Emmerson, so I was sold even before the show began.   Now that they've had time to build a strong rogue's gallery and supporting cast (Fusco is awesome!), it's become my favorite show on television at the moment. 

As an aside, I really enjoyed Mr. Finch's stint as a substitute teacher and his lecture on the importance of Pi from an episode earlier in January.  It fits in perfectly with the mythology of the show's premise: 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:10:56 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: February 22, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »
The Following -- 9/10

Best laugh I've had all day. +1 to you both.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2234 on: February 26, 2013, 01:32:13 PM »
Watched all 12 episodes of the first season and first 2 episodes of season 2 of Suits. I love the show, Harvey is such a great character. Rick Hoffman does a really good job in the role of Louis Litt, really making you dislike him.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: March 02, 2013, 09:08:02 PM »
Spartacus

And the super murder continues. At one point this guy jumps off a roughly 25 foot drop to stab someone in the face.

As cheesy, overly bloody, and unnecessarily sexual this show is, I was surprised by the mastery of the camera work. There is a scene where three different main characters are fighting and instead of cutting to each, the camera focused on the foreground, middle, and background to highlight them all. Pretty damn impressive.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: March 03, 2013, 11:54:14 PM »
Walking Dead

Every episode is the best show ever.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: March 04, 2013, 12:20:22 AM »
I have a question.

I was watching Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes
and they discovered Capt. America, who I believe they said disappeared in 1943, which was 70 years ago.

then they showed a pic of Tony Stark's Dad with Capt America, who looked.... I would guess mid to late 30's at the time. This picture would have had to be taken prior to 1943, since that is when Capt. A. was last seen.

Now assuming Stark's dad had him sometime before he was 50.... that's a generous 10 or so years after that pic. How is Tony Stark now only in his mid to late 30's come 2013?

How does the math work on that? or did it just make more sense when they originally made this story up about 30yrs ago?

Did Tony Stark stumble upon the Lazarus Pit?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: March 04, 2013, 09:26:11 AM »
I'm also a fan of Person of Interest.  I know people around here seem to be generally down on CBS shows, but this one is really worth checking out.   The show really hit it's stride around the middle of the first season, when they introduced Elias in the first season. 

I was already a fan of of Jim Caviezel and Michael Emmerson, so I was sold even before the show began.   Now that they've had time to build a strong rogue's gallery and supporting cast (Fusco is awesome!), it's become my favorite show on television at the moment. 

As an aside, I really enjoyed Mr. Finch's stint as a substitute teacher and his lecture on the importance of Pi from an episode earlier in January.  It fits in perfectly with the mythology of the show's premise: 

Agreed. Michael Emerson's line 2 weeks ago of "i'm not one to play games" is probably the most mismatched line he could ever say in this show.

Also, have you noticed since Stanton uploaded the virus the machine has been glitching occasionally?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2239 on: March 04, 2013, 09:59:38 AM »
I have a question.

I was watching Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes
and they discovered Capt. America, who I believe they said disappeared in 1943, which was 70 years ago.

then they showed a pic of Tony Stark's Dad with Capt America, who looked.... I would guess mid to late 30's at the time. This picture would have had to be taken prior to 1943, since that is when Capt. A. was last seen.

Now assuming Stark's dad had him sometime before he was 50.... that's a generous 10 or so years after that pic. How is Tony Stark now only in his mid to late 30's come 2013?

How does the math work on that? or did it just make more sense when they originally made this story up about 30yrs ago?

Did Tony Stark stumble upon the Lazarus Pit?

It's one of things that made more sense when the books were actually written. It'd be hard for them to update that aspect since the "present" is constantly shifting while WWII happened once over a particular period. And while they can bump Tony Stark's origin story to modern day conflicts, it doesn't work with Captain America.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: March 04, 2013, 11:09:15 AM »
They could make it his grandpa and not his dad.
That would make more sense for those paying close enough attention to do the math.

But it's a minor detail.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: March 04, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »
Actually the ironic part of the whole thing is that.  Tony Starks Dad having anything to do with Captain America is relatively new Mythos wise.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #2242 on: March 04, 2013, 05:26:33 PM »
So, a restaurant from my town is the star of this week's Kitchen Nightmares. I haven't watched it, but I saw the trailer on Hulu Plus. I hate reality shows.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2243 on: March 04, 2013, 05:32:16 PM »
Kitchen Nightmares is a really good show, as is Hells Kitchen and MasterChef (the other shows starring Gordon Ramsay). On Nightmares, you have to wonder how the owner didnt fix some of the obvious problems (like one episode where there were literally cockroaches crawling around in the kitchen).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: March 04, 2013, 05:34:04 PM »
Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares is/was better than the US version. It was made for people that own or work in restaurants. The US version is made for people that eat in restaurants.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2245 on: March 04, 2013, 05:38:15 PM »
As a person who eats at restaurants, it's more interesting and worthwhile to have it made from the consumers POV.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: March 04, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »

Torchwood, Children of Earth
the inconsistent Doctor Who spinoff hit a HUGE stride in its third season and not only finally fulfilled what it set out to do but also created a well paced masterpiece
no asking questions just watch, its that great
do your self a favor, just skip the first two seasons and press play

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 05, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »
I don't know I was hoping Torchwood would be more like one of the old UPN shows where they did what Torchwoods does but it was just a better show.  Came on after Enterprise.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 05, 2013, 04:23:24 PM »
I don't know I was hoping Torchwood would be more like one of the old UPN shows where they did what Torchwoods does but it was just a better show.  Came on after Enterprise.
yeah i understand where your coming (the torchwood series has been a very mixed bag (mostly for the worse)) but Children of Earth got everything right and blended it all into near perfection
although i hear miracle day messed it up again

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: March 07, 2013, 07:37:36 AM »
i am still suprised that this came out of torchwood, i can't blame you