Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199034 times)

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2075 on: September 27, 2012, 11:15:20 AM »
Fringe S1E1. Not bad, not mindblowing, but I could see it getting cool.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: September 27, 2012, 11:26:38 AM »
I've been introducing my roommates to Battlestar Galactica. I had almost forgotten how great the first two seasons were. I've tried to brace them for the inconsistency of the last two.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: September 27, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »
I've tried to brace them for the inconsistency of the last two.

Don't remind me.
Gouge away.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: September 27, 2012, 02:45:42 PM »
Fringe S1E1. Not bad, not mindblowing, but I could see it getting cool.

The first half of S1 is bone average. From there it just launches into amazing. Keep going.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2079 on: September 27, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »
I've been introducing my roommates to Battlestar Galactica. I had almost forgotten how great the first two seasons were. I've tried to brace them for the inconsistency of the last two.

I couldn't get into it, the whole first season was a big "meh" and did nothing to make me want to keep going and hope it would get better.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: September 27, 2012, 04:37:09 PM »

I couldn't get into it, the whole first season was a big "meh" and did nothing to make me want to keep going and hope it would get better.

I thought the first season was really cool. Gaius in particular I found to be fascinating. The story and characters ended up going in a direction I really didn't appreciate, though. It was a real shame.

Gouge away.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2081 on: September 27, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »
Modern Family S4E1

Entirely predictable, which is becoming a consistent problem on that show. I don't know if I'm going to stick with it this season. Season 3 was almost unbearably inconsistent in terms of writing, and I'm really not liking what they turned Claire into the last season. Also, am I the only one who hates Lily with the burning passion of a thousand suns?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Glad0s

• View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #2082 on: September 27, 2012, 07:47:47 PM »
Revolution, Episode 1: Eh...not bad. As far as JJ Abrams pilots go, it could be much better, but hey, I'll give it a shot. The main actress overacts WAAAAY too much at times, and there were several very predictable plot points. Also, the whole "one man takes down an entire army" thing was extremely cheesy, to me. I hate those kind of "overblown sword fight" things.
"Isn't Karl like Mexican or something"

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: September 27, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »

Really? That show is one of the best I've ever seen, on the level of The Wire or Breaking Bad, through the first two seasons. After that it's a lot more inconsistent and takes some weird turns, but the beginning is amazing. Then again, you love The Big Bang Theory and can't stand Community, so this just supports the idea that you hate quality television.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2084 on: September 27, 2012, 11:41:18 PM »
Bones, S9(?)E2

I missed the season premier, so I'm not sure how Bones got back without...consequences.

Anyway, it was a fairly predictable episode. The most interesting thing about it (the rising tension between Booth and Bones) never amounted to anything important. I am HAPPY to say that Bones retained some of her baby weight in the best possible places.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: September 27, 2012, 11:54:08 PM »
My girlfriend got me into Covert Affairs and Burn Notice.

Burn Notice - 8/10 - It has Bruce Campbell in it, so it's cool.

Covert Affairs - 7.5/10 - A spy drama about a girl who goes undercover to catch international criminals. Most of the time she is up against male suspects, whom she usually "seduces" to get valuable intel.

My girlfriend and I also started watching a new show called The New Normal. It's a comedy about a gay couple that has a surrogate mother carry their child. It's... interesting in a good way.

South Park, Season 16 ("Cartman Finds Love") - One of the best episodes of South Park in years. It is the highlight of a dull 15th season. Hopefully the second half of the season is improved. I honestly miss the gross-out, insane humor of the older seasons. Oh well, there's always Ren & Stimpy and Family Guy for that kind of stuff.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:51:24 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2086 on: September 28, 2012, 12:12:44 AM »
Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated. I'm a few episodes in and it's funny as hell, and has a lot of jokes that are obviously aimed at adults.

Lewis Black and Patrick Warburton voice a couple supporting characters, and there are some pretty awesome guests that come in. Bronies are obviously watching the wrong cartoon.

The voice acting is pretty solid but the clip you gave didn't really sell it to me. In the down time between seasons since season 2 has been over since the end of April I have been watching Gravity Falls as per as suggestion of someone on DA and it is 11 episodes in and it is fun and kinda weird but it is the good kind of weird where you want to keep on watching it. Also it has an continuous arc so if you watch it from the beginning it references things from previous episodes so it is best to start at the start. Probably the episode that most people here could relate to is the 10th one and that is the gaming one.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: September 28, 2012, 12:27:35 AM »
I'm currently watching the newest episode of South Park, "Sarcastiball". Oh God this is a horrible episode. The premise is retarded, the plot goes nowhere, and the endless sarcastic jokes got lame after 2 minutes.

South Park has gotten really lame over the last few years. The gross-out humor has been toned down (the jokes are sometimes tamer than an episode of Family Guy, and that show has a lower rating of "TV-14"). So what warrants South Park's "TV-Mature" rating?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 12:31:11 AM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: September 28, 2012, 12:42:30 AM »
Animal Practice:
Veterinarian Hospital show. Lead doctor thinks himself a genius and is quite full of himself. He is constantly trying to keep distance between himself and his crazy staff of fellow vets and assistants.... except for his right hand man, Dr. Rizzo, his pet monkey.

There are a couple of interesting characters so far, starting with Dr Rizzo (I want one), his poodle haired crazy assistant, the asian vet (Bobby Lee from Mad TV) and of course the lead doctor (brother in law from Weeds).

I've seen the first 2 episodes so far, and so far I really enjoy it. I could see my self sticking around for the rest of the first season.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: September 28, 2012, 09:16:19 AM »
The New Normal is interesting.  I'm surprised what there allowing them to get away with on Network TV.  They had a whole episode that focused on the election and they weren't really pulling any punches.

I have the distinct feeling that this show that its not going to be something like friends or any other long running series so its going for the burn quick route.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: September 28, 2012, 11:54:22 AM »
Like both of those shows. Will both probably be cancelled this season though.

Got caught up on nikita this pass week.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: September 28, 2012, 03:54:08 PM »
If you want to watch bad TV, there's a new show on NBC called Go On with Matthew Perry. He plays a sports radio host who avoids his homelife because he can't cope with his deceased wife's absence.

The premise sounded interesting, but then my girlfriend and I started watching the show and just couldn't get into it. The humor is terrible, the acting is horrendous, and the whole show feels completely mismatched. Is it trying to be a comedy? Cause I wasn't laughing at all.

The only redeeming quality is the touching moment(s) when Matthew Perry goes home to realize his deceased wife isn't there. It's quite sad to see him suffer like that. You almost feel sorry for the guy, but then he acts like a complete asshole to his coworkers and friends.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:24:11 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: September 28, 2012, 07:00:13 PM »
If you want to watch bad TV, there's a new show on NBC called Go On with Matthew Perry. He plays a sports radio host who avoids his homelife because he can't cope with his deceased wife's absence.

The premis sounded interesting, but then my girlfriend and I started watching the show and just couldn't get into it. The humor is terrible, the acting is horrendous, and the whole show feels completely mismatched. Is it trying to be a comedy? Cause I wasn't laughing at all.

The only redeeming quality is the touching moment(s) when Matthew Perry goes home to realize his deceased wife isn't there. It's quite sad to see him suffer like that. You almost feel sorry for the guy, but then he acts like a complete asshole to his coworkers and friends.

Matt Perry also called the "can't get a show to stick like friends" guy
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: September 29, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »
The New Normal is interesting.  I'm surprised what there allowing them to get away with on Network TV.  They had a whole episode that focused on the election and they weren't really pulling any punches.

I have the distinct feeling that this show that its not going to be something like friends or any other long running series so its going for the burn quick route.

I checked this show out on your recommendation, and I really like this show now.
ep 4 wasn't really as bad as you had led me to believe, but wow, is the mom crude.
Every episode I find myself a little shocked at something that comes out of her mouth.

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #2094 on: October 01, 2012, 01:15:46 PM »
Weeds S7. 6/10. Of course it's still not as good as seasons 1-3 but it's still got occasional moments of great writing, mostly with Andy. There are still some scattered pointless subplots (the polyamorous relationship, Doug Wilson taking steroids) and the season ending felt vague and rushed, but the main plot and new setting were pretty interesting. I liked a lot of the stuff with Doug's new company and the SEC. But yeah, I'm ready for this show to be over, so I'm glad S8 is the last one.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2095 on: October 01, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »
The gross-out humor has been toned down (the jokes are sometimes tamer than an episode of Family Guy, and that show has a lower rating of "TV-14"). So what warrants South Park's "TV-Mature" rating?[/size]

How many grown men have to drink a child's cum for a show to be edgy?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: October 02, 2012, 03:22:53 AM »
Fringe - Nothing makes TV seem completely normal like seeing Walter walking around outside with no pants/trousersd.

Person of Interest - This is a basically a 21st century take on Batman, where several people all play "parts of" Batman. The first half of season 1 starts off very dull and simple, then it started to lay the groundwork. By the end of S1 it was actually firing off at all cylinders and all the main points began to come into play.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:18:29 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: October 02, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »

I checked this show out on your recommendation, and I really like this show now.
ep 4 wasn't really as bad as you had led me to believe, but wow, is the mom crude.
Every episode I find myself a little shocked at something that comes out of her mouth.
I would recommend listening to the Fresh Air Interview of the Really Gay Fellow, name is escaping me, about the show.  He give big hints that they don't stop being creative with her.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 06, 2012, 03:22:31 PM »
peep show 9/10
theres no more episodes left to watch :(
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: October 10, 2012, 03:11:39 AM »
Just watched my first episode of "How I Met Your Mother". NPH is the only reason to watch it.

That said, I don't think Ted is those kids father. There is an equally good chance that he could have been sneaking out of the house after drunkenly slaying a single mom stripper and getting caught by her kids who were playing on the couch. They, rightfully so, ask this random stranger "How do you know my mom?" And instead of just saying "Work" and bouncing, he hungoverly decides to tell them his entire life story.
black fairy tales are better at sports