Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199131 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2000 on: May 22, 2012, 09:21:51 AM »
Sanctuary has been cancelled. It never was amazing but it was a good series that maintained its premise well. I'm noticing since SGU started there has been increasingly cheaper shows taking priority (Eureka, Warehouse 13, Alphas) over the ones that broke tradition. I'm just glad that the season 4 finale actually works quite nicely as a series finale.
I have to disagree here.  I thought Sanctuary very quickly got off its premise.  It didn't take long before they were no longer finding and helping odd individuals.  Warehouse 13 on the other hand seems to always came back to the artifacts even though they have really toed the line on to much deviation.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: May 22, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
Sanctuary started helping the individual and went, over time, to the larger group and race of people. Then the politics around what they do and the outside world.  In that respect it simply had a bigger scope.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: May 22, 2012, 03:28:28 PM »
Anyone getting a bit fatigued with Game of Thrones? There are just so many arcs with so many characters, that each arc is lucky to get 10 minutes of progression out of each episode. It's like watching 7 different but similar shows.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: May 22, 2012, 08:03:39 PM »
I haven't been watching this season, but that's exactly how the books are.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: May 22, 2012, 08:22:02 PM »
I just started the first book yesterday, and yeah, each chapter jumps to a different character with a different story going on.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: May 23, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »
I never really started with Prison Break. It jumped the Shark at the end of season one as far as I was concerned. It was one of those concept shows that was never meant to be a ongoing series. Break out of prison, the series ends. From the bits and pieces I saw of the later seasons, it just got more stupid as th group would get themselves thrown into another prison, jail or confined space where they had to break into or out of for X reason what got to the point where it became a running joke.The story just grew out of control with no end in sight. Stupid.

Sherlock 11/10. Hot crumpets. I haven't seen the last episode of season 2 but damn this is good. not saying more until then.

Warehouse 13. Still continues to entertain, gutsy at times, still fairly predicable, characters a hair inconsistant. Has enough sexual tension to cut with a knife. It knows it's not a complicated show and it happily stays there. Oh hey it's Kate Mulgrew!

i wouldn't go as far as to say the show was over when they were out of prison, they still have to be on the run
season 1- breaking out of prison
season 2 - on the run, and in the search of the 5 million dollars Westmorland buried, so its like Rat Race/mad mad mad world meets escaped con movie, which makes it good in its own right
season 3- In Panama Prison- ok id say for some it had jumped the shark at this point because breaking out of prison sounds outlandish and stupid, but this was a very different kinda of prison and that made it interesting in its own right as well, the concept of this season had its own appeal.
season 4 - everyone is cleared of charges, people who were dead are now alive, now they're a task-force aiming to stop the secret evil shadow government agency, ok now its definitely jumped the shark.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: May 26, 2012, 08:15:32 AM »
Warehouse 13 just went from "Entertaining" to hardcore. Season 3 end spoilerMotherfucker blew up the warehouse with an Artifact Nuke, it was pretty. The lovely H.G. Wells is dead and Fredric is a mummy.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: May 27, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »
Just saw the last episode of Sherlock Series 2. Ho-lee shyt. That was the best and most entertaining hour and a half of television I've had in a long time. Though I have to wonder, Why did the police stop trying to find Holmes? Why is Moriarty dead? And how the **** did Holmes not die? He fucking jumped off a building!

The clues are there. Mycroft no doubt had a hand at easing the police pressure to give Sherlock a fighting chance given his unwitting betrayal. It's possible that Moriarty isn't dead, Holmes never checked. Given the emotional stress he was under and Jim's acting ability it could have been done. The simpler solution is that Moriarty really is dead and he shot himself as a final **** you to Holmes having believed that he had finally cornered him.

Sherlock faked his own death like he faked the death of Irene. He made John his witness and made sure he stayed back so he couldn't witness the impact. Just as Watson rounds the corner a trailer is driving away with something that looks deflated, the bicyclist intentionally knocks Watson down so the switch can be completed and to throw Watson off from examining too closely. Molly assisted with the body and records. It was Holmes that choose where to met Moriarty. The method allows him to mangle the body. The "Final" conversation is a big magic show.

I really like how they lead the viewer around during the episode. The audience is always expecting something clever, so it's a massive reveal when Moriarty's opening gambit was as simple as daylight robbery, completely lacking the finesse of his earlier work.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: May 30, 2012, 02:12:56 AM »
i just watched the pilot for Better off Ted - diamond in the rough!

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #2009 on: May 30, 2012, 10:29:46 AM »
I watched one or two episodes of that, seemed like it was too clever for its own good, if you know what I mean.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #2010 on: May 30, 2012, 10:30:32 AM »
Just watched The Killing, S1E1. I'm intrigued.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: May 30, 2012, 11:40:45 AM »
Better Off Ted is great.  It sad that it ended, but it was clear it was time.  My wife and I really enjoyed that series.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: May 30, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »
Eastbound & Down Season One. Best series ever. If you don't watch this show, you need to. There are only like 25 episodes...it's hilarious.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: May 30, 2012, 09:44:35 PM »
Season 1 is great. Season 2 fell off the wagon a bit, but still wasn't horrible. I have only watched 3 episodes from Season 3, but it already seems better than S2.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2014 on: May 30, 2012, 09:55:57 PM »
Better Off Ted is great.  It sad that it ended, but it was clear it was time.  My wife and I really enjoyed that series.

Yeah, it's awesome. My wife and I just recently marathoned the whole show on Netflix.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2015 on: June 01, 2012, 12:17:12 PM »
Stated watching Grimm, up to episode 14. Why have I not been watching this show before? It's pretty cool, and I am so happy that Silas Weir Mitchell is a regular on it (I liked him as Haywire back on Prison Break).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: June 02, 2012, 04:39:15 AM »
I watched a couple episodes of Grimm since the pilot, its a likable show, but it has a few issues. Ill just wait till its in consumable lump form rather than watching it week to week and/or wasting DVR space. I had the reverse reaction when I saw Haywire on Grimm and its because I watched Grimm first. "Oh his cell mates the guy from Grimm!"

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: June 02, 2012, 05:03:13 AM »
Grimm is not that bad, but it would be so much better if they didn't use a bunch of stupid names for everything. it's off putting, but the later/newer episodes have been much more interesting that the earlier ones.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2018 on: June 02, 2012, 02:45:11 PM »
Perm, the first season is over I think. So you can watch it all together.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: June 02, 2012, 08:24:28 PM »
well if they ever get to a season 3 or if not the end of season 2

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: June 26, 2012, 10:01:23 PM »
The Newsroom Episode 1 - Sorkin/10

I liked this show a lot, but it is unabashedly an Aaron Sorkin show. Big idealistic speeches, snappy, almost too-perfect dialogue, and of course walking and talking. If you didn't like The West Wing, you're not going to like this, but I'm a fan of his style and I thought it was his best work in a long time.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: July 23, 2012, 01:24:51 AM »
So I'm surprised that no one is talking about Breaking Bad.

Tonight's episode...my god. It's up there with some of the best movies I've ever seen. The way this season is going, this series might beat out The Wire for best television drama ever.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: July 23, 2012, 07:25:23 PM »
So I'm surprised that no one is talking about Breaking Bad.

Tonight's episode...my god. It's up there with some of the best movies I've ever seen. The way this season is going, this series might beat out The Wire for best television drama ever.

There was an interview where (I thought) Vince Gilligan said he wanted the show to portray Walter White's descent from Mr. Chips to Scarface.  He's definitely fallen, but that cold open in the first episode this season just shows that he hasn't hit rock bottom yet, and that's scary.

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #2023 on: July 27, 2012, 09:19:43 AM »
Yeah I'm enjoying it so far. The way he's manipulating Jesse is like whoa.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: July 27, 2012, 01:47:20 PM »
Louie - first four episodes so far. The show is great...if you really like Louis C.K. then you should love this show, but you have to like ALL of his humor, or you'll find yourself bored at some points.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA