Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199092 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #1825 on: December 10, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »
Well considering that we need to get more people interesting in the off chance that the show hasn't been canceled....

This is my "Save Our Show" effort

Haters Gonna Hate:
http://i.imgur.com/RcTUc.gif

Annie being Sexy:
http://i.imgur.com/9Gi19.gif
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mpfvuo.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2clpo8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/X3Bn7.gif
http://i39.tinypic.com/2gub01t.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DjbUU.gif
http://i.imgur.com/pYGCy.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0vSUt.gif

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1826 on: December 10, 2011, 07:18:48 PM »
Yes. Good. More of that.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 11, 2011, 01:44:05 PM »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1828 on: December 12, 2011, 09:41:23 PM »
Just saw that episode last night. I laughed very hard, especially at the outtakes of this scene!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 12, 2011, 09:52:03 PM »
please post a link to the outtakes. I haven't seen them.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: December 12, 2011, 10:31:13 PM »
NO GHOSTING!

That women is a national treasure.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: December 12, 2011, 11:27:11 PM »
So I've been watching Caprica.... sort of watching. been giving it about 40-65% attention span.
But this show is kinda dull, to put it lightly.

I think one of it's main problems is that it doesn't know what kind of show it is trying to be.
You've got The Matrix meets The Lawnmower man going on complete with 2 Neo's and Homeland (Domestic Religious Terrorist), Law & Order, Dexter's Labaroatory, The Terminator & Grand Theft Auto meets Goodfellas all in a Next-Gen HD mush of Greys and Browns.

There is simply too much going on yet nothing all that interesting is really happening.
I'm sure I cold mash some more movie/tv titles into the comparison, but I think you get the point.

I'm not sure why I force this on as background noise, but I think I'm just trying to get through the series.
I have to say though that Zoe in her skin tight leather pants kicking ass in the New Cap City was pretty hot. Peaked my interest for the last few eps... until they did the whole "we control this universe" thing and transformed the terrain like this was minecraft.

edit: I forgot to mention that they have a mix of tech from 2048 with style from 1948
They have the tech to live their entire life virtually and create robots that are fully automated and very capable, yet drive around in cars from the late depression on up to late 90's models of a Ford Taurus. They have MS Touch Tables as a computer interface, digital paper that is like a tablet you can fold into a paper crane and stuff in your pocket and holovisors that you put on and live a virtual life, but they still use conventional ammo for their guns and no sight of a plasma knife or some other weaponry tech that would fit with their level of advancement.

But at least the special effects are better than you would expect from a cable TV show. Far from great, but very acceptable.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:39:43 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: December 13, 2011, 12:09:37 AM »
Speaking of boring shows, I finished season 1 of Sports Night and sadly I'm finding my interest in the series severely waning.  While the first half was fun and breezy, the second half just got bogged down in romance drama and not terribly interesting stories.  It's gone from a show that I could enjoy just listening to the dialogue (a trait it shares with the West Wing) to a show I can easily follow only somewhat paying attention to the episodes, and that's not good.  I don't care if Casey and Dana get together, as I find them both almost equally annoying.  Despite them having almost no chemistry, the show has gotten obsessed over whether they'll hook up or not.  Bleh.

I might as well watch Season 2, though.  I have hours of tedious grinding to do in Fate/Extra on my PSP, so I might as well let that be my background noise.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: December 13, 2011, 02:47:04 PM »
I edited my previous post, but I forgot to mention that I finished Caprica.

It's basically the birth of the Cylons and was suppose to lead into s2 which was the lead in to the original Cylon war.

But what doesn't make sense was the preview for next season
How would Sister Clarice not only still be free, but still have access to the V world? The Graystones would have definitely gotten her arrested, not only for the attempted murder of them, but the attempted mass suicide/terrorist attack on the stadium that she orchestrated. She should be locked deep into a whole in their equivalent of  Guantanamo Bay never to be seen or heard from again.

So glad that was a 1 seasoner though. It was dull, the scenery was drab and the storyline was contrived in a way as to force 2 pieces of a puzzle together that don't actually go together. Only they were doing it with 4 or 5 pieces from several different puzzles and box of legos.

Overall 2.5/5

:-\  :confused; :) :-\

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: December 13, 2011, 05:34:11 PM »
I never watched Caprica; it never appealed to me, but I am somewhat excited for Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, the upcoming show that's set during the first Cylon war.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 13, 2011, 05:41:26 PM »
I never watched Caprica; it never appealed to me, but I am somewhat excited for Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, the upcoming show that's set during the first Cylon war.

The problem with that show, though, is that it's not only a prequel, but a prequel where we already know how the story ends (especially since we see how it ends in the Battlestar Galactica: The Plan movie).  I'm not against a prequel show that fills in story that previously wasn't altogether defined, which is why I watched Caprica and Star Trek Enterprise.  But although I expect that Blood & Chrome will have some nice action scenes noticeably missing from both the last few seasons of Battlestar and Caprica, is there really much it can say or do that we don't already know?  Well, I hope the writers are up to the challenge.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 13, 2011, 06:08:42 PM »
Star Trek Enterprise Didn't Happen. There is no Starship Enterprise before NCC-1701.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 13, 2011, 06:11:16 PM »
Star Trek Enterprise Didn't Happen. There is no Starship Enterprise before NCC-1701.

Eh, Enterprise was a decent show that had a great last couple of years.  I'm still amused that after the terrible Star Trek reboot that Enterprise is the only show left in continuity.  Must suck for you.   :P: : :

Now the original Star Trek?  There's a show I'd like to wipe from continuity.  Good lord that show was bad, redeemed only by 3.5 out of the 6 movies that followed it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1838 on: December 13, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »
Enterprise was a better show than the original series, ESPECIALLY seasons 3 and 4. The problem is that UPN had no patience, Enterprise was finally hitting its stride and the storylines planned for season 5 (which new showrunner Manny Cotto revealed after the cancellation announcement) were gonna be really interesting.

brood, nothing was wiped from continutity. All the last movie did was create ANOTHER timeline. The original timeline still exists. Enterprise does have the distinction of being part of both timelines though (and in the main one, Romulus is now destroyed, which may be interesting to explore when Paramount finally goes back to it).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 13, 2011, 06:23:04 PM »
The last two seasons of Enterprise were great, and the first two seasons were at least as good as the first two seasons of any other Star Trek show (and far, far better than the largely awful first two seasons of TNG). That show gets a lot of undeserved hate.

(and in the main one, Romulus is now destroyed, which may be interesting to explore when Paramount finally goes back to it).

It's very optimistic of you to use the word "when" there. Though, based on some of the non-canon stuff that's been done there, there's a lot of interesting potential if they decide to go back.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: December 13, 2011, 07:09:59 PM »
I thought that Enterprise was pretty good outside of that entire season wasted on the Xindi War (and the opening theme). I stopped watching it then and there. It was only within the last two or three years that I went back and watched it all consecutively. The final season was by far the best and showed a lot of potential. It's sad that most people stop caring before it got to that point.

Regardless, Enterprise was by far better than that J.J. Abrams film. *shudder*
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:21:23 PM by Morari »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1841 on: December 13, 2011, 07:37:33 PM »
I think too many people hate on the Xindi story arc, I thought it was pretty good for the most part.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 13, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »
I think too many people hate on the Xindi story arc, I thought it was pretty good for the most part.

So do I.  Not only is it probably the most consistent story arc in Star Trek (yes, I know about the Dominion War.  I watched it.  It was maybe 30 episodes of content dragged out over the course of 4 years with a lot of filler in-between), but it also featured some story ideas that Star Trek just wouldn't have been done in other shows (like the really great episode where Archer attacks and boards a friendly ship to steal ship parts they need to get to their vital rendezvous in time.  Plus, it was pretty cool seeing just how close to being completely obliterated the Enterprise got towards the end of that arc, with persistent damage that had the thing practically crawling through space towards the end.

My only real problems with the Xindi arc was how long it took to get going, plus how it ended with a cliffhanger tying into the lame story arc that looked like it would never end: the Temporal Cold War.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: December 13, 2011, 08:42:58 PM »
To be fair, that storyline did end, and in the very next episode.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 13, 2011, 09:46:11 PM »
The show was already hemorrhaging viewers, the last thing it needed was a serialized plot line. The fact that the Xindi arch was nothing more than a poorly conceived response to the 9/11 attacks didn't help either. Despite the push from Rick Berman, Star Trek has never been about war, let alone been a propaganda piece. As you said, the best thing to come of the entire story thread was an end to the even dumber Temporal Cold War. If they had wanted to dwell on such conflict for a few episodes, they should have saved it for a theoretical fifth or sixth season with the Romulans... not some laughable splintered species that they pulled out of their ass.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:48:54 PM by Morari »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: December 13, 2011, 09:59:31 PM »
You're reading way too much into it if you think the Xindi arc was a propaganda piece. And I don't see why Star Trek shouldn't touch on war from time to time (though I wouldn't really consider the Xindi thing a war anyway). One of the reasons I love DS9 and the later seasons of Enterprise so much is that they offer a more realistic take on the Star Trek mythology.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: December 13, 2011, 10:03:28 PM »
I swear you guys get into a Trekky argument once every 3 pages.

Boardwalk Empire S2

Dope as hell, but not as hmmm...how should I put this?....smart as the first season. It seemed to try to do too much and then kinda ended up doing to little to satisfy my lust for back-stabbery even though there was plenty of it. It kinda has me in a weird place. I can't really find any faults to point at, but I feel as if something was missing. Still, one of the best new shows on HBO and TV in general.

;D :) :( :D :Q :cool;
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:07:34 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: December 13, 2011, 10:04:19 PM »
Yeah, give or take. :)

J.P. Corbran

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:35 PM »
I swear you guys get into a Trekky argument once every 3 pages.

It's Trekker, not Trekkie! :P

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: December 13, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »
I just started 30 Rock the other day. I'm hooked.

"Yeah, suck it. I do read the paper."