Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199249 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #1725 on: November 15, 2011, 05:46:03 PM »
Claymore (Anime)

I remember someone here reviewing this show. Was it you, BlacknMild?

Yes it was me.

Anyway, despite the bad ending, some extremely annoying characters (ROCKY STOP FUCKING CRYING) and nonsensical story beats, I actually liked it.

Every fucking scene he was in he was whining and crying. he couldn't have been more annoying.

No review score, instead these are my faces during the series from beginning to end.

:Q :) ;D ::) :D :confused; :@

we should all do review like that ;D

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: November 15, 2011, 05:55:38 PM »
I watched Terra Nova last nite.....

LOL at the special effects. They are SOOOOO BAD.
I really want to gif a clip of the "Marlin" fishing that they were doing, but it would take more effort than it is really worth.

It looked like the scene was shot in normal 24fps, but the CG (or was it stop motion?) was done in 7fps as it was cheap looking and choppy as hell. It was terribad. It didn't fit at all. The "fish" jumped out of the water and it looked like strobe light effect without the lights ever flickering once.

I don't know why I continue to watch this show. It's not the worst thing in the world... but it's so far from good.

--------------------------

Dear Halbred.

Can you watch the last episode that just aired and tell me what kind of dinosaur that was. It's the very first scene so you don't have to watch very much of the show.

Thanx,

BNM

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: November 15, 2011, 06:05:02 PM »
Terribad?

Didn't you mean Terra Bad?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1728 on: November 15, 2011, 09:15:20 PM »
Dear Halbred.

Can you watch the last episode that just aired and tell me what kind of dinosaur that was. It's the very first scene so you don't have to watch very much of the show.

Thanx,

BNM
[/quote]

Is it, like, online?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1729 on: November 15, 2011, 09:32:16 PM »
Dear Halbred.

Thanx,

BNM

Is it, like, online? At least describe what it looked like, where it lived, etc.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: November 15, 2011, 09:48:18 PM »
it looked like a sailfish to be honest.

but you have to see it in motion.... ;D

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: November 15, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »
Based on Zach's complaints about the show, it's probably something they just made up.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1732 on: November 15, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »
So it's...not a dinosaur? There were no marine dinosaurs.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: November 15, 2011, 10:00:05 PM »
Just put up a screen shot so we can all mock the terribadness.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: November 16, 2011, 12:16:18 AM »
Game of thrones season 1

I fucking love HBO. If political intrigue is your thing go watch this right now

10/10

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: November 16, 2011, 12:44:43 AM »
Just put up a screen shot so we can all mock the terribadness.

Ok, you guys win. When I get home, I'll just make a gif of the scene in question.

or just a screen shot if I'm feeling lazy.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: November 16, 2011, 04:06:43 AM »
16MB GIF @ this link
http://i.minus.com/ifDfH3gAs3GWF.gif

screenshot below (for those of you on 56K connections)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: November 16, 2011, 04:14:54 AM »
all those problems would be solved by adding an environmental map of the sea background to the fish models. Its damn reflective things like fish that are easiest to make look real. You can't just do specular lighting and thing that solves the problem. The animation isn't terrible though.  Should just take a photo of a real fish out of water and add stuff to it. Its only on screen for a couple seconds, stuff could be done manually. Shouldnt have added the whiskers either...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:19:04 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: November 16, 2011, 10:14:48 AM »
Game of thrones season 1

I fucking love HBO. If political intrigue is your thing go watch this right now

10/10

I watched the entire season in just one sitting right after the finale. Well worth the investment. :)
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: November 16, 2011, 10:32:15 AM »
It's pretty bad and looks no better in motion. It's not quite SyFy channel bad, but that's not saying much. They were far too ambitious with their shots, far out striping the budget and technology on hand. They would have done far better as Theperm pointed out if they shot real fish and modify it. There are a fair number of Marlin in NZ and I am sure some high quality stock footage would have been available at a nominal price given the raw number of hours shot for the fishing shows here.

Now on to something positive. Parks and Recreations had a very ho hum first season, it wasn't bad, but it lacked pop. After watching season 2 episode 5: Sister city, it finally found some pop. I hope it continues. And yes, we are 2 and 3/4 seasons behind.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: November 16, 2011, 10:36:04 AM »
Been watching Better Off Ted
We're to the Second Season and the show is still good.  The Misses turned around to me last night and wondered why this show didn't continue after the second season.  We will find out.

I don't think I posted it but we also finished The Gates
The show was good till about the last four episodes or so.  Which are entertaining enough but they must have known by then they weren't getting picked up because they wrote themselves into a ton of corners if they ever wanted to get back to a show like the first half.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: November 16, 2011, 10:43:35 AM »
Regarding Better Off Ted, your answers lie here and here. It's a real shame too. It was a genuinely funny show that got pushed out the door to die. By the time I discovered the show, it was too late.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: November 16, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »
Regarding Better Off Ted, your answers lie here and here. It's a real shame too. It was a genuinely funny show that got pushed out the door to die. By the time I discovered the show, it was too late.
Yeah, when it was aired I remember the name Better Off Ted but in was in a slot where I couldn't tune in for it or I just missed it when it came on.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: November 16, 2011, 01:49:39 PM »
Now on to something positive. Parks and Recreations had a very ho hum first season, it wasn't bad, but it lacked pop. After watching season 2 episode 5: Sister city, it finally found some pop. I hope it continues. And yes, we are 2 and 3/4 seasons behind.

You're in for a real treat, as the show just keeps getting better. Now that Community has effectively been canceled it's probably the best comedy on television.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #1744 on: November 16, 2011, 02:25:55 PM »
Yeah Parks and Rec picks up tons of steam, especially in season 3.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: November 16, 2011, 02:54:15 PM »
I just want to say that I have finished watching the first 2 seasons of Gossip Girl
(don't judge me)
and.... and.... I think I'm hooked.

This show is not really what I was thinking it was gonna be going in. It's not a girly girl drama like Sex and the City. It's a high society drama about the over privileged who have the luxury to take all the little things in life for granted and therefore deal with things almost strictly related to other peoples perception of them through deceit, debauchery, and well.... gossip.

Truth is that the 1st season was good. Very good. I felt ashamed going in that I liked it, but I was just hooked on the drama and the characters.

Serena (Blake Lively) - the wild girl looking to quietly fit back into her old life and get things back on track (she used to be the Queen of the school until she took off). She ran off after something  bad happened and just wants to move on, but old friends and old lifestyle make old habits hard to avoid.

Blair - The Queen "B". The Leader of the "Mean Girls" and Serena's best friend. You don't **** with this girl unless you want everyone to know your business.... and it likely won't be pretty.
If she sets out to ruin you, consider yourself ruined. She's queen for a reason.
She has the plan to lead the perfect life, so if you get in her way or cross her path, you better hope she doesn't squash you like a bug.

Chuck Bass - Son of a self made Billionaire. Playboy Extraordinaire. The one guy you will probably hate but would rather have as a friend than an enemy. If there is dirt, he can find it. If there is something he wants, he will get it. If you do him wrong.... he will right it, and enjoy every second of it since it's all just a game to him.
(I love this guy)

Dan Humphrey - The average guy who doesn't exactly fit in. Dad is working his butt off to afford him going to that school and is hoping to keep his grades up to get a full ride to Yale. Oh and he is madly in love with Serena since the first time he kinda spoke to her several years ago... bu he isn't even on her (or anyone else's) radar.

That is 4 of the main people (there are more) and it starts off with them in their Jr. year of HS.
Gossip Girl is actually a website run by some anonymous person that post all the juicy gossip that gets submitted by everyone at the school and blasted to everyone's cellphones, keeping the whole school up to date on everything... all the time.

Season 2 was good too, but I'm not sure if I just understand the characters too much now or the show became a little predictable, but I could call 75% of everything that was gonna happen long before it did. It didn't make it any less enjoyable to watch... infact it got me a little more into it as I had to prove to my girl that I was right (and I was).

p.s. Michelle Tractenberg was in the second season too... and should be in the 3rd.
Not to mention that Venessa (dan's friend) & Blair are both pretty damn hot as well.

:D :Q :D ;D :cool; :-[ :-X ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:29:01 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: November 16, 2011, 03:16:14 PM »
Keep your girl happy as long as you enjoy it.

ARCHER

Ok. It's Official. I am a fan of Archer. I just finished the first season and from the very first 10 seconds of the very first episode, it is hilarious.

Archer is the man. He is the top field agent (or spy) for a company called ISIS run by his mom. He's an inconsiderate dick who says obnoxiously funny things to people simply because he doesn't care. His wit is impeccable and everyone wants to sleep with him.

Except for the other top field agent and his partner (as well as past lover), Lana. She is the sensible (if a little crazy) one. She's banging and because of that everyone, even the girls and gay dudes, want to bang her. Archer's main mission other than protecting his own life is to try and get her back (into the DANGERZONE).

That's basically the setup. But it's filled with a great cast of other people, ranging from pretty normal to sex deviant. But the best of the bunch is Dr. Krieger, a half-mad half-brilliant always funny scientist. He might be the best character on TV besides Ron Swanson (who will likely never be dethroned).

It's a great series and I guess it just started it's third season so it's doing well.

;D :cool; :) :D ;D :P

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:26:33 PM by Stogi »

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #1747 on: November 16, 2011, 03:20:01 PM »
Archer is amazing. Pretty much anything H. Jon Benjamin touches is gold.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: November 16, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »
With his voice...touches with his voice. I saw that Jon Benjamin has a van and it was terrible.

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #1749 on: November 16, 2011, 03:56:21 PM »
Oh, didn't catch that.